As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]eism

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    The worst part was that she was always saying that I have to trust her and shit like that. goooood this is way worst then my first breakup

That is not giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah seriously, it's not a thing to freak on with limited information. You've got no real knowledge of the situation, so just wait until you get to talk to her.

The situation can always be more complicated than a third party makes it out to be.

This is true. Hearing news second-hand is very much is case of Chinese Whispers - sometimes facts get blurred, or smudged, or omitted entirely. Your best bet is to go to the source, ask the necessary questions, and work things out yourself from there.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa

Tav on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What... what beard? O_o
    Lets get back to the sex shows...

Haphazard on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    There's a pro-life group on my campus today trying to equate abortion to genocide. The fact that it is currently pouring rain on them and their stupid giant display of pictures of botched abortions is the only thing keeping me from yelling at them.

It's not that out there if you consider fetus' to be people, imbued with souls and all that crap.

Leitner on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa

It's a beaat, it's a beeaaat!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There's a pro-life group on my campus today trying to equate abortion to genocide. The fact that it is currently pouring rain on them and their stupid giant display of pictures of botched abortions is the only thing keeping me from yelling at them.

There is a group who go into town like, twice a month and hand out fliers with pictures of aborted foetuses on them. Seriously, whackjobs, stop it with the whole giant abortion banner thing. People (especially children) do not need to see a giant aborted foetus on a Saturday afternoon.

If I had the patience or the inclination, I'd grow a beard, let my hair grow long, walk up to these groups dressed as Jesus and say, "For fuck's sake, knock it off. You don't speak for me or Dad, so just piss off, will you?"

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa
    We need an equivalent to this for metal.

maybe WHAAARRGARBBBLLLL?

Bama on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    snare kick snare snare kick
    snare kick snare snare snare snare
    snaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnare
    snaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnare
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Bama wrote: »
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa unsa
    We need an equivalent to this for metal.

maybe WHAAARRGARBBBLLLL?

BLLEWWWOOOAAAAUUUUUUU
    DUNH DUNH DUNH DUNH DUNH DUNH DUNH DUNH

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sabs: your friends, the ones that said these things to you instead of asking your girlfriend to explain herself? They suck and are horrible.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    snaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnaresnare
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

This made me laugh enough to no longer be angry at the pro-lifers from up the page. Thanks.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Leitner wrote: »

It's not that out there if you consider fetus' to be people, imbued with souls and all that crap.

Then again, the bible doesn't.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Oh, I understand their thought process, but it enrages me that they're wasting time and resources protesting "genocide" on a college campus when they could be putting that effort into improving the quality of life of the children born in shitty, impoverished places because of their misguided self-righteousness.

Pro-life groups in general just get all under my fucking skin.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sabs: your friends, the ones that said these things to you instead of asking your girlfriend to explain herself? They suck and are horrible.

It's not their job to confront her.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Do we know for a fact they didn't ask?

Maybe they did.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

This made me laugh enough to no longer be angry at the pro-lifers from up the page. Thanks.

:)

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »

It's not their job to confront him.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Is it just me or does that new Watchmen trailer have a kinda big spoiler in it from about 1:44?

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's my job to confront everybody. Here's my card. $50 an hour and I'll get this all sorted out.

Feral on

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

I feel bad for being able to hear this in my head as I read it.

James on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Oh, I understand their thought process, but it enrages me that they're wasting time and resources protesting "genocide" on a college campus when they could be putting that effort into improving the quality of life of the children born in shitty, impoverished places because of their misguided self-righteousness.

But... but then who would hold the signs that they made? They're not going to hold themselves, are they?

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What... what beard? O_o

I thought you had a beard? I might be thinking of the wrong parade, it is the one with the floats going up and down the river with people wearing barely anything right? There's like a million plus people who go each year. I could be wrong about the pron stuff. Jesus what the hell is wrong with me?!

Change of subject: Since I last talked to you I got a Wii, got some stuff for my PS3, got a job as a researcher in an Autoimmune research lab, have a girlfriend who lives in another country now (well... Scotland), and I see her for a weekend and a bit every three weeks. I also dressed up in a full batman outfit for my girlfriends Birthday, held in Portsmouth last weekend.

How about you?

Johannen on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Feral: <3

So much <3

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2008

But... but then who would hold the signs that they made? They're not going to hold themselves, are they?

Get the fetuses to do it.

oh

wait

Feral on

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

That sounds like something a lamp post could do.

James on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

So ignorance is better in these situations?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

I was thinking of the best sample I could think of, and I had some crackly audio in my head of some 50's radio broadcast, and this guy in (presumably) a smoker's jacket saying, "Let's hear that one more time."

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

I was thinking of the best sample I could think of, and I had some crackly audio in my head of some 50's radio broadcast, and this guy in (presumably) a smoker's jacket saying, "Let's hear that one more time."
    "L-L-L-L-L-Let's hear that one more time."

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »

Potentially. Really it's her job, and her conscience that should determine the when and how of a confrontation.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

What I want to know is where they get all these pictures in the first place. Do they have a squad of sadistic photographers who hide out in abortion clinics waiting for someone to make a mistake?

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Scratchascratchascratchascratchscrascrascrascrascratcha
    Let's hear that one more time!
    Letsscratchletsscratchhearhearhehehearscratchonewawaonemorescratchonemorescratchone more time!

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2008
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa
    technotechnotechno
    unsa unsa unsa

kick kick kick kick
    CHEEEEEESY SAMPLE!
    kick kick kick kick

"L-L-L-L-L-Let's hear that one more time."

"time time t-t-t-t-tiiiiiiiiimmmmmeeee."

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Scratchascratchascratchascratchscrascrascrascrascratcha
    Let's hear that one more time!
    Letsscratchletsscratchhearhearhehehearscratchonewawaonemorescratchonemorescratchone more time!

Promptly followed by some really, really bad rapping.
    Courtesy of the Beastie Boys.

Squirminator2k on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Potentially. Really it's her job, and her conscience that should determine the when and how of a confrontation.

What if she doesn't have a conscience or something?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

So you'd rather exist in a relationship based upon a falsehood? Yea, no.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren, have you been involved in such a situation previously?

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    FUUUUUCK GUYS!

I reformatted, and now my computer is stuck at 640x480 resolution, and I can't change it! What the hell??

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fucka lie sing fuck a loo!
    And if you try to fuck with me,
    Then I shall fuck you too!

Tav on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Johannen wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What... what beard? O_o

I thought you had a beard? I might be thinking of the wrong parade, it is the one with the floats going up and down the river with people wearing barely anything right? There's like a million plus people who go each year. I could be wrong about the pron stuff. Jesus what the hell is wrong with me?!

Change of subject: Since I last talked to you I got a Wii, got some stuff for my PS3, got a job as a researcher in an Autoimmune research lab, have a girlfriend who lives in another country now (well... Scotland), and I see her for a weekend and a bit every three weeks. I also dressed up in a full batman outfit for my girlfriends Birthday, held in Portsmouth last weekend.

How about you?

It's probably the right parade, just... not my thing.
    So, sounds like you're alright. Congrats on the job and girl.
    I still have the same old job (though I'm on vacation) and am still (again?) single.
    I'm also feeling rather unwell today and think I'm coming down with another stomach flu.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Elldren's clearly a cheater.

Guilty conscience, Ell?

JamesKeenan on
This discussion has been closed.