As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Word2007 Page Numbering

Motzy5Motzy5 Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Im working in Word2007 and I cant get the page numbering to work out. I have 10 pages in my document, but I want the numbering to start on the 4th page at number 1, how do I do this? I can only get the first page excluded in the page numbering but not the second to third.

Motzy5 on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I would just put a footer in and manually type in the page numbers.

Thanatos on
  • DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Or you can do it the right way and insert a section break at the end of the page before you want numbering to start. Word's page numbering can be different on a per-section basis. When you go to set up the numbering and you say where you want it to apply, just say "this section" when you're in the second section of the paper.

DrFrylock on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

There's really no reason to do this. There are more efficient ways to get things done. I'm pretty good with most Word things like this, but I haven't used office 2007, which I suspect has some new MS voodoo going on.

Anyhow, this article should have all the info the OP needs.

Microsoft may do some strange things, but their online documentation for Office is a really good resource.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • BoutrosBoutros Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

But then he couldn't do cool stuff like make an automated table of contents. With section breaks you can have different styles of page numbers (i, ii vs 1, 2, etc.) and have the numbering restart within an appendix or something, and still get page number references.

Boutros on