As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Slacker dump

ArfenhouseArfenhouse Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Here are some reason sketches, numbered individually for ease of criticisms.

=)

sketch1jp8.jpg
sketch2aq9.jpg
sketch3qx2.jpg
sketch4zw6.jpg
sketch5ez6.jpg

And here is a recent comic from the site (link in sig)...feel free to crit it hostilly (is that a word?)
092206jr4.jpg

Also, you'll notice I DIDN'T sign up on the AC TODAY, unlike some of the more recent fuckwads that have infested this house of GODS.

Arfenhouse on

• Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    My understanding of parkour actually makes this funny, although I don't know how broad an audience you could really reach with that kind of joke and standard of art. Your expressions and style are pretty consistent and emotive, I'd say do less of the bodies and make the most of your skill with face to convey the infos. LOL YUR COMIC IS A PA RIPOFF WITH 2 DUDES TALKIN.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    Penguin-FactoryPenguin-Factory Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I love the last panel of your comic :lol:

Most of your drawings are very good as well, although 18 is a bit scary.

Penguin-Factory on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Well, okay. Yes I know they're two dudes talking. In this comic. I've introduced other characters, in fact gray-shirt just went out on a few dates with a recognizeable Dark Lord. But yes, I'm trying to move away from the concept. What about the sketches?

edit: Thanks Penguin =)...you think that little innocent child is scary???

Yeah, me too.

Arfenhouse on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I only wish your comic's faces were as nicely structured as your sketches. Quite a few of those are pretty nice. :^:

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, I really wish I was able to spend more time per comic. That is one thing that, looking back at past comics (even the previous update), really bothers me, is that I can't seem to be consistent with my character's facial structure. I need to figure that one out.

Arfenhouse on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Its not really a matter of time either, I used to say that about alot of my work until I realised its a lame copout.

What works for me to keep my characters looking consistant is to make consistant construction. I sketch and sketch until I find the one that I like. Then I take some tracing paper, and break it down into its basic shapes, usually some sized ball, a line, then a chin, then the brow and nose.... Basically the loomis construction. But by putting those construction lines over top of the sketch I already like, I have a reference of sort easier to use than the sketch itself, and easier to rotate and move in space than the sketch itself.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm shocked. A comic that's... actually funny?

Good job.

WastingPenguins on
  • Options
    Paul CarbonellaPaul Carbonella Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The Parkour one... :^:

Paul Carbonella on
    Shazam.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Wow...Thanks...I really didn't expect even three people to know what parkour was, but apparently it IS spreading like they say it is...just last night I saw a kid doing parkour on my favorite spot at the Cinemark, I almost went up to him and hugged him (that would have been wierd....)

Arfenhouse on