As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Andy Griffith, Opie, and the Fonz endorse Obama (also toys)

AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Social Entropy++
XBL: Flex MythoMass
AuburnTiger on

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GRMike on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trim it, cut it, comb it, STYLE IT
    Clean it, and set with VIOLET
    Love it, but don't get VIOLENT
    Rub it, but not in PUBLIC
    Eat with it, but don't get MESSY
    The only rule is, keep it CLASSY!

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited October 2008
    palinshame.jpg

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oh yeah ron howard who makes movies, with all his political experience, yes. I shall look to him to decide my vote, oh my yes.

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GRMike wrote: »
    We have a topic for politics. And this was posted in it.

We also have a youtube topic.

:(

this is bigger than those topics

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Indeed. Because it's not Ron Howard.

It's OPIE. And motherfucking Andy Griffith and the Fonz. Cultural ICONS.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    exactly

potatoe on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I don't vote, but The Fonz is someone I can get behind.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seph wrote: »
    oh yeah ron howard who makes movies, with all his political experience, yes. I shall look to him to decide my vote, oh my yes.

So what you are saying is normal citizens who have all sorts of experiences can't endorse a candidate?

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

So what you are saying is normal citizens who have all sorts of experiences can't endorse a candidate?
    The only two people left to swing my vote are Polly Pocket and Barbie.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Good thing them white womenz love Obama.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I'm not saying that at all. But I'm not calling for Americans to vote a certain way in the name of Change and Hope. The idea of a better tomorrow sure is great, but will it be delivered? Candidates all the time claim they are for America, by America and all that. I think that who funds their campaign, who their ties were socially and politically before they ran speak a lot more about a candidate than who they claim to be.

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Presidential DP

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Christ. As a guy it's rather embarrassing to admit that I had a few Polly Pockets as a kid. I just thought the tiny little houses and accessories were so cool. I've always had a fantasy of shrinking down and living in secretive places ever since seeing that Mickey Mouse Christmas special where Chip and Dale live in the christmas tree.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Christ. As a guy it's rather embarrassing to admit that I had a few Polly Pockets as a kid. I just thought the tiny little houses and accessories were so cool. I've always had a fantasy of shrinking down and living in secretive places ever since seeing that Mickey Mouse Christmas special where Chip and Dale live in the christmas tree.

Dude. Mighty Max...

GRMike on
  • Options
    JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

Fuck dude.

Why didn't you just get some Mighty Max.

Jarofmoldymayo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    seph
    keep the boring politics out of this thread!

we need the important information!
    http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/stan-lee-wants-to-make-will-smith-captain-america-if-barack-obama-wins-200810032413

Popular comic book creator Stan Lee wants Hollywood actor Will Smith to be his first black Captain America, if Presidential candidate Barack Obama wins.
    Lee’s Marvel graphic novel is to be made into a motion picture in 2011.
    It had been reported earlier that Matthew McConaughey was being approached for the lead role, but Lee, the creator of phenomenal Spiderman, has stated that the lead role may fall in Will’s lap if Obama wins.
    “I would love us to do something with Will Smith. It would be a real leap to make Captain America black… then again, I don’t know. It might be a really smart thing,” Contactmusic quoted Lee, as saying.

“If Barack Obama becomes President who knows… suddenly a lot of our characters will be black!” he added.

potatoe on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2008
    000056_sm.jpg

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

God, I love Chip and Dale. When I used to go to Disneyland all the time a year ago, I collected pins of only Chip and Dale.

I really need to find them.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm not familiar with Mighty Max. :(

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If only I could destroy will smith forever

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    will smith wrote:
    You know I just, I just came back from Moscow, Berlin, London and Paris and it's the first, I've been there quite a few times in the past five to 10 years. And it just hasn't been a good thing to be American. And this is the first time, since Barack has gotten the nomination, that it, it was a good thing.

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    You poor sad son of a bitch.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It wasn't as partisan a clip as one would think. He clearly says he's voting for Obama, but the main message is to get out and vote. Not bad Opie Cunningham.

Also, you are one bald motherfucker.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh it's not enough that you have shitloads of money will, everyone HAS to love you as well

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    seph

http://www.entertainmentandshowbiz.com/stan-lee-wants-to-make-will-smith-captain-america-if-barack-obama-wins-200810032413

Popular comic book creator Stan Lee wants Hollywood actor Will Smith to be his first black Captain America, if Presidential candidate Barack Obama wins.
    It had been reported earlier that Matthew McConaughey was being approached for the lead role, but Lee, the creator of phenomenal Spiderman, has stated that the lead role may fall in Will’s lap if Obama wins.
    “I would love us to do something with Will Smith. It would be a real leap to make Captain America black… then again, I don’t know. It might be a really smart thing,” Contactmusic quoted Lee, as saying.

“If Barack Obama becomes President who knows… suddenly a lot of our characters will be black!” he added.

Welcome to amurika!

Jarofmoldymayo on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's Polly Pocket for non-pussies.

Temple_of_Venom_(Closed).jpg
    That is a snake. Look at that fucking snake.

Temple_of_Venom_(Open).jpg

Then when it opens... fuck yeah! We about to go on some adventures. Look at that fucking scorpion inside the snake!

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    potatoe wrote: »
    seph

How soon old man Stan forgets . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_(comics)

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    fuck that is awesome, you open it up and it's indiana jones time and it's inside a fucking snake

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

It's Polly Pocket for non-pussies.

Temple_of_Venom_(Closed).jpg
    That is a snake. Look at that fucking snake.

Temple_of_Venom_(Open).jpg

Then when it opens... fuck yeah! We about to go on some adventures. Look at that fucking scorpion inside the snake!

Shit. That's pretty bad-ass.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I remember when McDonalds had the polly pocket and mighty max toys. One time they gave me a Polly Pocket one, so I just took out the little figurines and put them in a Mighty Max one.

I'm sure they were fucking.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Of course Stan Lee may want to support Obama after he supported Hillary Clinton and she shit on his face and pretended like she had never heard of Stan Lee a few weeks after he hosted a fund raising party for her.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with it though, nope, I'm sure.

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    SLAMMUSLAMMU Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mighty max had the best TV show when i was a kid

SLAMMU on
    SLAMMU-1.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdxq2jAs4Y

Look at this little girl. She ain't no icon like ANDY.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Pirates of Dark Water was so much cooler than Mighty Max.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You just got turned on by the monkey bird.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's a Monkey and a bird.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Maybe the cartoon, but did they have a toy snake with a scorpion death chamber you could put in your pocket? I don't think so.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I always wanted a minga melon when I was a kid.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Maybe the cartoon, but did they have a toy snake with a scorpion death chamber you could put in your pocket? I don't think so.
    I honestly don't know if they had any toys.

Apparently they did.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
This discussion has been closed.