As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

get your fresh, hot steaming piles of [CHAT]

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What? Roschach was a stone cold badass.
    We're talking Watchmen right?

Right?

Godfather on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    What? Roschach was a stone cold badass.
    We're talking Watchmen right?

Right?

Yeah, no I hate him. His moral sloppiness and being a pathetic bigot, I think.
    Though it really says something that I take these characters so seriously.

Tam on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    No I got your point, Rorschach is a horrible person that you would not hire to babysit or have be your best man because he'd make everyone's skin crawl and he's a pretty loathsome person. I'm just pointing out what you probably already know, that if he wasn't loathsome, his entire character would be pointless in the context of the story.

Also in more important news is Fable 2 like Fable 1 in that I should just rent it and power through its entire lame story in a 3 day weekend, or is it actually worth money?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    No I got your point, Rorschach is a horrible person that you would not hire to babysit or have be your best man because he'd make everyone's skin crawl and he's a pretty loathsome person. I'm just pointing out what you probably already know, that if he wasn't loathsome, his entire character would be pointless in the context of the story.

Also in more important news is Fable 2 like Fable 1 in that I should just rent it and power through its entire lame story in a 3 day weekend, or is it actually worth money?

Yeah I know that. I never said he wasn't a bad character- he's an excellent character- I just expressed the sentiment that he's an asshole. I was looking at it from inside the story rather than as a reader...I think.

Also, I kinda get what you're saying about Fable. I've never felt so indifferent about a character's family's brutal murder, torture, and kidnapping as in the first one.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well, uh, get over it I guess. Having him be less of an asshole would kinda be like making Hannibal Lecter a more down-to-earth, Ron Livingston-type personality. Doesn't really work.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    I've found the economy side of Fable pretty addictive, but you could probably still rent it.

Also I found a way to pretty much power level your character to max everything in a few minutes as long as you have a second controller.

Fallout 3, though, definite buy. Oh and Gears of War 2 is out today!

bombardier on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For some reason I'm more excited for a new computer than a new president.

:(

Should I see a therapist?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hmm.

What I really want is a medieval action RPG, without any of the RPG crap on it. I want a single character that comes out of the box that is interesting, I want to ride out and hit dudes with swords and have it be fun not because I've got the +45 Blade of Falaferpantsutionratgarbargh or whatever, I want it to be fun because they made the sword fighting mechanic rewarding in and of itself, and I want a tight, solid story that doesn't have a million subquests that all have time-wasting scripted-not-'for real' cutscenes to them and I don't want it to take a million hours and I don't want to juggle exp points and potions and numbers and limit breaks and I don't want to have to walk 5000 miles in between the few places that are actually interesting.

Basically take out the stealth and give me Fantasy Gear Solid, that's what I want, I want to play it and go through it in a couple days and be like THAT WAS SWEET and get on with my goddamned life. Do they make that game? Besides God of War, I mean.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well, uh, get over it I guess. Having him be less of an asshole would kinda be like making Hannibal Lecter a more down-to-earth, Ron Livingston-type personality. Doesn't really work.

Man goddammit, Bacon, I'm not saying change him I'm commenting that he's a prick.

Also, Prop 8 is all but passed.

fuck I didn't think I could be depressed tonight.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »

Man goddammit, Bacon, I'm not saying change him I'm commenting that he's a prick.
    And my point is, "so what?" He's a fictional character for pete's sake.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Tam wrote: »

And my point is, "so what?" He's a fictional character for pete's sake.

yeah but

oh whatever

Prop 8 depressing etc.

Tam on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    On the subject of old news, racial equality high fives for everyone!

Also, I'm studying for my final art exam tomorrow; what famous artists should I study? So far I've got;
    • Andy Warhol
    • Patrica Piccinini
    • Marcel Duchamp
    • Andy Goldsworthy

I was going to aim more at modern artists, but now I'm thinking maybe I should go for one of the really big names like Picasso or Da Vinci.

Flay on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I love Andy Goldsworthy.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    John Singer Sargent

rts on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't believe Prop 8 is gonna pass...it's such bullshit!

Why can't these people see through it!?

DeeLock on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    8 is gay marriage right? Does passing mean banned or unbanned?

rts on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yes means that there will be a ban on gay marriage, i think it's only in California.

Does that mean that all marriages between gay couples are gonna be broken off?

Cuz my aunts are married and i will hurt someone if they have their marriage broken just because of some stupid religious dogma.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Presidential Election + Bar = Lols

Edit:

Also, shit these are some exciting times.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is yet another reason why working for a weekly newspaper sucks. Deadline is now. We don't publish for thursday. I'm sitting here looking at the Ted Stevens/Mark Begich senate race which is on a narrow 2% margin in favor of Stevens, the convicted felon, and having to more or less call it right now, even though the paper won't come out for two more days. And that means there is plenty of time for me to be completely wrong and have it brought up over and over again for the next week.

Fancy wording is my last resort.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My room-mate is the circulation manager of our campus' newspaper. He normally gets off at around 12:00 am. Tonight he wont get off until about 5:00 am because of the election.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    agh Braid

my brain doesn't bend that way, Braid!

it's good because it's awesome but it makes me feel dumb :):(:x

EDIT: I just went through the world where moving forward made time go forward and moving backward made it go backward and jesus christ I am scared to move now.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    When will that game come out on PC? Damn my xbox-less-ness! I want to feel dumb too!

... Wait, what?

Flay on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Which president has the mullet? High Five for that guy! Waaaaaay ahead of his time.

2qved88.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My party got slaughtered last night!!! I hate my new governor!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I have to say, buying this was probably one of the best $14 I ever spent.

EDIT: Remind me, where do you live again Toast?

Flay on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Puerto Rico, land of hot women.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    Puerto Rico, land of hot women.

Indeed, this is the reason that MT falls in love with a different woman every other week.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's like living in a beer ad where women suddenly appear and party with you.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's a shame that you're such a homosexual, though.

Grifter on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, It's like Sweden but instead of blondes there are brunettes and wintercoats are replaced with bikinis!

Random question:

Hey people! Do you go to sauna naked or at all? We do (go naked) and it's tradition that you should hit people next to you with fresh branches of birch.

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, we don't go naked here. It seems that you Scandanavians are into that whole naked sauna thing. I went to a traditional sauna place when I was in Finland. Boy did I get a surprise when I walked into a large dark room filled with naked people who weren't having sex. It was a bit of an odd experience for me.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Grifter wrote: »
    Yeah, we don't go naked here. It seems that you Scandanavians are into that whole naked sauna thing. I went to a traditional sauna place when I was in Finland. Boy did I get a surprise when I walked into a large dark room filled with naked people who weren't having sex. It was a bit of an odd experience for me.

People have sex in saunas. I mean A LOT :D (not so clever if you have heart problems)

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    no_toast wrote: »
    Grifter wrote: »

People have sex in saunas. I mean A LOT :D (not so clever if you have heart problems)

Well, I guess if you like to be extra sweaty during your coitus then it's cool.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My brother tells me of the time he studied in Europe and went to a turkish bath. Apparently, turkish massage include being struck with small branches weilded by a large naked man.

Edit: I've always wondered, are these divided by men and women in Europe or is this one large naked room?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It depends on the country. We have both type of public saunas but usually there's some kind of glass that separates the two sides. The thing is that there's a sauna in almost every house here and friends and relatives often go together. Of course if you are shy or not accustomed to being naked in front of people no one's going to make you go naked.

Edit: I think Turkish sauna isn't that hot. something like 60 C (140F). My grandma's sister liked having her sauna like 120 C (about 250 F)

no_toast on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    no_toast wrote: »
    Edit: I think Turkish sauna isn't that hot. something like 60 C (140F). My grandma's sister liked having her sauna like 120 C (about 250 F)

I don't understand these numbers.

Numbers + Humans = certain death........right?

How does that even work?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, 250 F would definitely kill you...

I've decided I use Facebook too much so I'm just going to stop using it for a while.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hey no_toast. Do you know where Kuopio is? That's where I visited when I was in Finland. Seemed like there wasn't much there but lakes and lumberjacks.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh the metric system!

0 C => water freezes
    100 C => water boils
    120 C => Old people get crazy
    °F = °C · 1,8 + 32

Edit:
    Kuopio, sure. There really isn't much there. Also that description goes for 90% of Finland. Forest, lake, forest, lake ...

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Morons in my town were rioting last night. Cops were spraying mace all down town, you could fucking see the cloud drifting down the street. Not to mention the 2 hours of random gunshots being fired into the sky.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
This discussion has been closed.