As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Clint Eastwood is a 100 years old and still more badass than you

Bloods EndBloods End Blade of TyshallePunch dimensionRegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in Social Entropy++
It looks like Clint "Glare could kill you without trying" Eastwood has not one but two movies coming out this year. The first, "Changeling" seems to be about Angelina Jolie wanting her son back and Jeffrey Donovan deciding that any old kid would do, while Jon Malkovich spends his time hating on the man. Oddly enough it was written by J. Michael Straczynski but does not involve space or gods of thunder.
http://www.changelingmovie.net/

And the second, Gran Torino, Eastwood makes a movie starring himself where no matter how old he is he can still kick everyone's ass, and wants the damn Chinese kids off his lawn.

http://www.thegrantorino.com/

Bloods End on

• Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gran Torino looks good. God I love Eastwood.

GRMike on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    there will never be an individual as badass as the man with no name

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Didn't Eastwood direct that movie that came out recently (with the guy from Burn Notice)?

And Gran Torino looks awesome.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    fuck yea man with no name

humble on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Man-with-No-Name-cropped.jpg

unf unf yess

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i need to watch those movies again

so good

humble on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, I have a raging hard-on right now.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited October 2008
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh my god that last seuquence in the graveyard is one of the best scenes in cinematic history

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i love the way the ugly is deeply religious and simultaneously the most vile person imaginable, but at the same time all of the characters embody way more then their title. i mean, the man with no name is "the good", but he's really more ambiguously self-serving.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    the only thing that new NFL commercial has going for it is that it has The Ecstasy of Gold playing in the background. Any filmed sequence looks epic/awesome with that music.

Langly on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've liked most of the movies I've seen he's directed. Except Million Dollar Baby.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    sanjuro4.jpg

naporeon on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oh my god that last seuquence in the graveyard is one of the best scenes in cinematic history

While I think that the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is the better (and much wider in scope) movie, I actually like the ending sequence of For a Few Dollars More better.

The theme of the locket is just really moving and ties everything together perfectly in that gunfight.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    naporeon wrote: »
    sanjuro4.jpg

you make a good point.

there will never be another individual as badass as the man with no name.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    sanjuro4.jpg

you make a good point.

Yeah. Same character, really.

naporeon on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    When I was a kid most of the guys I thought were cool turned out to not be that great.

Except Clint Eastwood.

I watched Man With No Name (I think thats the one, they've all kinda ran together) when I was about 9 years old at my grandma's house and even though I understood nothing of the plot (as I didn't catch the whole thing) I just remember thinking Clint Eastwood was awesome chawin' on that cigar and strapping a sheet of iron to his chest, blowing dudes away with the nonchalance of your middle aged balding neighbor trimming his hedges.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Unless I missed it I don't think Man With No Name is an Eastwood movie, it is just a reference to his character in those movies. If I did miss it I need to see it. The Dollars trilogy is one of my favorite movie experiences ever.

GRMike on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    When I was a kid most of the guys I thought were cool turned out to not be that great.

Except Clint Eastwood.

I watched Man With No Name (I think thats the one, they've all kinda ran together) when I was about 9 years old at my grandma's house and even though I understood nothing of the plot (as I didn't catch the whole thing) I just remember thinking Clint Eastwood was awesome chawin' on that cigar and strapping a sheet of iron to his chest, blowing dudes away with the nonchalance of your middle aged balding neighbor trimming his hedges.
    That's A Fistful of Dollars.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The character is the Man with no Name. The movies are the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, a Fistful of Dollars, and For a Few Dollars More.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

Sure there will, have you seen what this dude can do?

zatoichi.jpg

23SWOR.390.jpg

jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    that glare when they show him that retirement stuff

i am surprised they escaped alive

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The character is the Man with no Name. The movies are the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, a Fistful of Dollars, and For a Few Dollars More.
    A Fistful of Dollars is a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, and the "Man with No Name" is based on Toshiro Mifune's character.

naporeon on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A Fistful of Dollars is a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, and the "Man with No Name" is based on Toshiro Mifune's character.

Yes, I know that. I was not refuting that.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_and_cub

"In the film White Heaven in Hell, Ogami Ittō killed 150 people on screen, the highest body count for a single character in a single film in cinema history."

Edit: Y'know. Since we're talking about fucking badasses.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I just found out my girlfriend hasn't seen these movies. Marathon this weekend.

GRMike on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    first time I saw the good the bad and the ugly I was like man why is The Man in Black being such a dick

FAQ on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    gran torino looks silly and hamfisted

i was a little more excited for changeling but the word has not been positive

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    sanjuro4.jpg

you make a good point.

Yeah. Same character, really.
    Chewblacca3.jpg

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Furthermore:
    Old Man Has Hose, Knows How to Use It

LONG BEACH, CA — Local retired arc welder and The Price is Right aficionado Huell Stanton, 74, claims that he has hose and that he knows how to use it. According to Stanton, a resident of Long Beach for the past 72 years, claims that the neighborhood isn’t what it used to be and is being taken over by layabouts. He stated that he may have to take action into his own hand or hands, depending on how high he turns on the hose.

Tensions flared recently when Bryan Teesley, 11, cut across Stanton’s yard walking to a local mini-mart. “I don’t get it, it’s not even that good of a yard, the whole thing is covered in weeds and I think there’s a rusting lawn mower somewhere in there,” Teesley told us. After spotting the youths, Stanton then began to brandish his fist and then moved on to wave his hose at the group of youths. “My mom says that Clinton getting elected broke his brain or something,” Teesely concluded, riding his Razor scooter down the sidewalk.

Huell, while alive during the Vietnam War did not serve in active duty but insists, that “He had a hard time, too.” He then went on to explain for the next fifteen minutes about what his brother was doing during the decade and a popular song, the title of which he forgot. Afterwards, he then mentioned that he once knew a guy that “[R]eminded me of you.”

The garden hose in question is the Hydro-Tech Flexi-Hose, preferred hose of garden hobbyist the nation over. “It’s a good hose, but not as good as my old hose,” Stanton told us while looking for a screwdriver, but not this screwdriver, “They stopped making the old hose I used for some reason, so I gotta’ buy this one, but isn’t as good as they used to be.” He then went on to list lots of things that aren’t the same as they used to be, including the empty lot across the street, which used to be a slightly larger empty lot. Afterwards, he then asked us to say hello to our mother and that he was always sure we were going to turn out gay.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i just watched for a few dollars more a couple days ago. it was the first time i'd seen it. i loved it.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think the Eastwood movie I've seen the most is Two Mules for Sister Sarah?

It used to be on TBS all the time.

Like, right after I'd get done watching Clash of the TItans.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you know that one bond movie were they asian him all up and everything so he can live among the natives and infiltrate the whatever?

yeah, clint eastwood is the opposite of that only he is actually mifune

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    sarukun wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_and_cub

"In the film White Heaven in Hell, Ogami Ittō killed 150 people on screen, the highest body count for a single character in a single film in cinema history."

Edit: Y'know. Since we're talking about fucking badasses.

I really need to see the rest of those movies

I only saw the one

Penguin: I wish that movie actually existed

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Atomsmasher2112Atomsmasher2112 Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    I wonder if it will have a car chase where clint races his gran torino against one of them "new fangled japanese cars."

bullshit, arnold had to have killed all of fucking Cuba in Commando

Atomsmasher2112 on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wonder if it will have a car chase where clint races his gran torino against one of them "new fangled japanese cars."

bullshit, arnold had to have killed all of fucking Cuba in Commando

Well he did blow up a bunch of buildings we presumed had people in them

He didn't kill 150 people on screen, that's the important bit

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Furthermore:
    Old Man Has Hose, Knows How to Use It

LONG BEACH, CA — Local retired arc welder and The Price is Right aficionado Huell Stanton, 74, claims that he has hose and that he knows how to use it. According to Stanton, a resident of Long Beach for the past 72 years, claims that the neighborhood isn’t what it used to be and is being taken over by layabouts. He stated that he may have to take action into his own hand or hands, depending on how high he turns on the hose.

Tensions flared recently when Bryan Teesley, 11, cut across Stanton’s yard walking to a local mini-mart. “I don’t get it, it’s not even that good of a yard, the whole thing is covered in weeds and I think there’s a rusting lawn mower somewhere in there,” Teesley told us. After spotting the youths, Stanton then began to brandish his fist and then moved on to wave his hose at the group of youths. “My mom says that Clinton getting elected broke his brain or something,” Teesely concluded, riding his Razor scooter down the sidewalk.

Huell, while alive during the Vietnam War did not serve in active duty but insists, that “He had a hard time, too.” He then went on to explain for the next fifteen minutes about what his brother was doing during the decade and a popular song, the title of which he forgot. Afterwards, he then mentioned that he once knew a guy that “[R]eminded me of you.”

The garden hose in question is the Hydro-Tech Flexi-Hose, preferred hose of garden hobbyist the nation over. “It’s a good hose, but not as good as my old hose,” Stanton told us while looking for a screwdriver, but not this screwdriver, “They stopped making the old hose I used for some reason, so I gotta’ buy this one, but isn’t as good as they used to be.” He then went on to list lots of things that aren’t the same as they used to be, including the empty lot across the street, which used to be a slightly larger empty lot. Afterwards, he then asked us to say hello to our mother and that he was always sure we were going to turn out gay.
    This is the best thing in history.

edit: On topic, Gran Torino has an...interesting plot but looks like it could be pulled off. Maybe. I can't really tell for sure.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    CLICK THROUGH FOR 1920x800 VERSIONS

scowl.png

vlcsnap-1615752.png

vlcsnap-1615822.png

vlcsnap-1616142.png

vlcsnap-1616339.png

vlcsnap-1616568.png