As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camwhores] Videogame Figure thread. Odin Sphere Gwendolyn, Persona Elizabeth pg 43

• Options
    redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    toys6.jpg
    Why all the Cities?

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ...Why is the Sailor Moon blow-up doll in bondage?

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    DevKimikoDevKimiko Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    PikaPuff needs to take a different picture of that shelf, methinks...

DevKimiko on
  • Options
    aeolistaeolist Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have that Max Factory Etna, it's great. The only other model I've really wanted is one of the YF-19 fully transformable figures from Macross Plus, but they're all like $150.

aeolist on
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I don't have any gaming figures, but I do have some sweet PVCs from Bleach, Berserk, and Tenjho Tenge.

Oh and OP, I friended your main LJ and your stuff LJ, you seem pretty cool. My LJ name is the same as my name here.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Chorazin wrote:
    I don't have any gaming figures, but I do have some sweet PVCs from Bleach, Berserk, and Tenjho Tenge.

Oh and OP, I friended your main LJ and your stuff LJ, you seem pretty cool. My LJ name is the same as my name here.

Thanks :'D. Haha, I should really update my main LJ. I haven't done it in like, a year.

Bleach? Which ones? I was tempted to get the Yoruichi Megahouse one, but I decided to save my money instead since I already had my two favourite characters from that figure line (Renji and Rukia)

DevKimiko on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    DevKimiko wrote:
    Chorazin wrote:

Thanks :'D. Haha, I should really update my main LJ. I haven't done it in like, a year.

Bleach? Which ones? I was tempted to get the Yoruichi Megahouse one, but I decided to save my money instead since I already had my two favourite characters from that figure line (Renji and Rukia)
    Could you link the Yoruichi and Rukia figurines?

aeolist on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    aeolist wrote:

Shihouin Yoruichi
    Kuchiki Rukia and Kon (pics of the one I have)

Yoruichi is discontinued, but you still might be able to find her on some other websites. There are also Ichigo, Matsumoto and Orihime figures from the same line, but only Ichigo is still available from HLJ (Renji is also discontinued).

DevKimiko on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    DevKimiko wrote:
    aeolist wrote:

Shihouin Yoruichi

Yoruichi is discontinued, but you still might be able to find her on some other websites. There are also Ichigo, Matsumoto and Orihime figures from the same line, but only Ichigo is still available from HLJ (Renji is also discontinued).
    Have they ever made a Gin figure? Gin's my favorite character. I doubt they have because he's such a minor character these days.

Anyway, my collection sucks and I don't even have a camera to post pictures. Basically, all I have is the first series of the SMT demons, a Phoenix Wright figure from the chest up with the court wall behind him but he's in an alternate brown color scheme, Etna, and Flonne. I have SMT series 2 on the way though as well as a Nami ver.2. They'll probably arrive tomorrow.

Gilder on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I don't want to post the same MGS pictures I've always posted so I won't unless someone is just curious and wants to see all of them

However I will post Deadpool

Deadpool.jpg

Deadpool01.jpg

Shutup he's in video games too. :wink:

EDIT: Actually, screw that, I'll post them

MetalGear017.jpg

MetalGear023.jpg

MetalGear035.jpg

MetalGear046.jpg

ShelfTop.jpg

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Gilder wrote:
    Have they ever made a Gin figure? Gin's my favorite character. I doubt they have because he's such a minor character these days.

Anyway, my collection sucks and I don't even have a camera to post pictures. Basically, all I have is the first series of the SMT demons, a Phoenix Wright figure from the chest up with the court wall behind him but he's in an alternate brown color scheme, Etna, and Flonne. I have SMT series 2 on the way though as well as a Nami ver.2. They'll probably arrive tomorrow.

I hope they make a Gin figure D:. He was awesome on the SS arc, but yeah, he has kinda faded these days. He was quite popular in the last character poll though. There have been little trading figures ones of him, but nothing in a larger scale.

Nami V2? Win :^:. I missed out on the first Skypiea edition of her so I'm glad they did another one. And her Water 7 outfit is quite nice. I'm waiting for the next round of Portrait of Pirates; I hope they do a Franky.

DevKimiko on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    DevKimiko wrote:
    Gilder wrote:

I hope they make a Gin figure D:. He was awesome on the SS arc, but yeah, he has kinda faded these days. He was quite popular in the last character poll though. There have been little trading figures ones of him, but nothing in a larger scale.

Nami V2? Win :^:. I missed out on the first Skypiea edition of her so I'm glad they did another one. And her Water 7 outfit is quite nice. I'm waiting for the next round of Portrait of Pirates; I hope they do a Franky.
    Franky would be great but I would kill for a Sogeking figure. That would be so many kinds of awesome. My problem was I only really got into OP within the last 8 months or so once I finally got torrents working I missed out on all the cool figures that came out before then. So I'm just trying to get what I can now. I wish Gin had more stuff but I think he only has like 2 figures and they're both from gashapon type things so there's no guarantee you'll even get him.

Gilder on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Here is one of my finished SRW:OG models: The Weissritter
    Normal Pose
    Weissnormal.jpg
    Using its Beam Cannon
    Weissbeam.jpg
    Holding the awesome oxtonge rifle
    Weissgun.jpg

I still have to put together my Alteisen model, and also have all of the current Revoltech Eva's. Will try to get some decent pics up tonight or tomorrow.

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    That's very nice.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I keep seeing all of the plastic "stress points" where the pieces came off the racks. Is there any way to fix this other than painting them?

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Avris wrote:
    I keep seeing all of the plastic "stress points" where the pieces came off the racks. Is there any way to fix this other than painting them?
    Be gentle with sand paper?

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Only figure I have is a little Elite that came in a 2-pack with Master Chief. :(
    I shall resolve that this Christmas.

Also, could I be told why I was jailed in a PM? I'm not mad I just want to know what I did.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    DevKimiko wrote:
    aeolist wrote:

Shihouin Yoruichi

That's pretty sweet.

aeolist on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Also, could I be told why I was jailed in a PM? I'm not mad I just want to know what I did.

If I had to guess...

There are rules against thread assassination. Lots of people still do it, even in that thread, so I'm not sure why you and a few others got singled out.

If you want a more concrete reason, PM Echo, since he's the one that jailed you. It's actually against the rules to ask about it outside of a PM as well.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    38787739_4a857ebd6f.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh god

That's terrible

Sanius on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible
    Better than your podcast. I guess that's not saying much though.

So I'll say that model is pretty well done.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

Thanks.

Mike and Jerry liked it too.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    ShelfTop.jpg
    Is that the Advent Children Cloud that came with the bike?

I want that so bad.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

The gabe part is fine, but Tycho doesn't even look like Tycho besides the shirt. The facial structure is off, aswell as the hair and hair color. I think they should have made the face not as wide.

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

The gabe part is fine, but Tycho doesn't even look like Tycho besides the shirt. The facial structure is off, aswell as the hair and hair color. I think they should have made the face not as wide.

Not "they" so much as "me".

For my first sculpture, I was rather pleased with it. The CTS is actually turning out much better.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

For my first sculpture, I was rather pleased with it. The CTS is actually turning out much better.
    Have you ever thought about coloring Tycho's hair to his character?

Edit: What's CTS? Is it a type of molding material?

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

No.

The thing I was least happy with was the quality of the paints I had available for it. I made it in a few days before PAX two years ago and gave it to them. Last I heard, it was in the office, although I didn't have the materials to make a proper cast, so it might have broke again.

The hair is darker than I wanted it to be, but all in all, I was happy.

38662359_aa5fa735a7.jpg

And a mid-progress one:

38788223_9e89a305aa.jpg

EDIT: CTS = Cardboard Tube Samurai. After making those with Sculpey Primo, and having some detailing issues, I moved to Super Sculpey and I won't go back. Some people suggest a mixture, but I like the firmness like it is.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

Cardboard Tube Samuari if I had to guess. Also I would refrain from making nasty comments about something that most people can tell is homemade.

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    How does it feel in the finished product? Is it really hard? It looks like it's mushy in that second shot. How do you get the shape in place?

And yeah, sorry about saying it was terrible. I had no idea you made it, thought it was some commercial product.

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Avris wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Sanius wrote:
    Oh god

That's terrible

Cardboard Tube Samuari if I had to guess. Also I would refrain from making nasty comments about something that most people can tell is homemade.

Man, that was tame compared to when I jumped on a sculpting forum and asked about armatures. The biggest problem with that first piece was that the support structure wasn't strong enough, and I posted a picture of it, and got torn apart.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    ShelfTop.jpg

I want that so bad.
    They sold one a few months later that came separate from the bike and with a stand (for $20 too)

So I went with that one, instead of the $65 Cloud+ Bike.

Heres' a better picture

full.jpg
    close.jpg

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Sanius wrote:
    How does it feel in the finished product? Is it really hard? It looks like it's mushy in that second shot. How do you get the shape in place?

And yeah, sorry about saying it was terrible. I had no idea you made it, thought it was some commercial product.

Depending on which polymer clay you are using, they are a bit different, but the "industry standard" is Super Sculpey. Oddly enough, I found it in constant supply in a local craft store until it closed a few weeks ago, so back to the internet for me. It starts off very firm, but you could still carve details into it. Sculpey Premo is more workable from the start. As you work up the clay by hand (just kneading or squishing it) or doing what most people do to protect themselves from early arthritis, which is running it through a pasta machine, it gets nice and soft. Gradually it firms up again.

Taken out of context this could be a rather funny post.

The problem is that Premo never gets really firm again, so it doesn't hold details real well, and handling it can leave finger prints, smudges, etc. Once Super Sculpey firms back up, it holds even the smallest details.

Then you fire it in your kitchen oven for an hour and you've got a sculpture. Most polymer clays can be refired, so you can work on a part, fire it hard, then build on top of it and refire.

When that's done, I use Smooth-on products for molds and casts. I use their brush-on rubber mold over the finished scuplture which generally takes sitting overnight, but then you have an exact mold of your sculpture, and then I use their liquid plastic casts, which is like a urethane casting resin. So far it's worked out well for me on a couple of other projects, but as they were all gifts for family, I haven't done photos. Just angels and a school teacher for my sister, etc.

EDIT: Don't worry about the criticism, I have a thick skin.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:

I want that so bad.
    They sold one a few months later that came separate from the bike and with a stand (for $20 too)

Heres' a better picture

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/shimsham/Figures/full.jpg[/i mg][/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/shimsham/Figures/close.jpg[/ img][/img]
    Sweet. Where'd you get it? Do they still sell them?

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I want that Nadia figure! BUT THEY DON'T MAKE IT ANYMORE DAGNABIT!

Edit: PikaPuff, where'd you get that Hamtaro doll?

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:

I want that so bad.

Heres' a better picture

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/shimsham/Figures/full.jpg[/i mg][/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/shimsham/Figures/close.jpg[/ img][/img]
    http://www.estarland.com/AnimeMerchandise.cat..product.25693.html

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:
    ShimSham wrote:

I want that so bad.

Heres' a better picture

http://www.estarland.com/AnimeMerchandise.cat..product.25693.html
    Thanks. Very nice. Now i'll just have to find a way to get some cash from my Wii fund(i've been put on a budget this month, between comics and video games, i've been spending a bit too much) and hopefully get a chance to order that thing.

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Thanks. Very nice. Now i'll just have to find a way to get some cash from my Wii fund(i've been put on a budget this month, between comics and video games, i've been spending a bit too much) and hopefully get a chance to order that thing.
    Looks like you have until Nov. 1st.

and for the record, I've had great experiences with Estarland, always great service.

This was released a long time ago, I guess Estarland is getting more in November.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:
    Looks like you have until Nov. 1st.

and for the record, I've had great experiences with Estarland, always great service.

This was released a long time ago, I guess Estarland is getting more in November.
    Last time I waited for a restock from them, they tacked on a few more months when the day came around. And then they didn't deliver on their original statement. I bought a few figures from a gashapon set, and they said I could choose which ones. Then they told me they couldn't do that, and offered to send me random boxes. So I asked for my money back. And I don't remember if I ever got it back.

Just a word of warning.

Renzo on
  • Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I've posted this before in previous toy threads, but I think one more picture won't hurt.

medicomsnake1dt7.jpg

Bunta on