Options

My First [chat]

1246761

Posts

  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    That link was not even worth of a [chat] tangent, christ.

    Lurk moar and all that.

    Tav on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    That's a different issue, but people don't notice because they conflate being a good person, being friends with a girl, and being a complete fucking wimp.

    Finish your turn!! RAR!

    Also, post in my LSN Game On thread. :P

    Can't. At work in the middle of horrible drama right now. Just waiting on developments in drama so can't think about anything else, hence [chat].

    I will post in thread and play game later.

    poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Only a few of them are total dicks to me, the rest only are dicks when i say something stupid.

    jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, I think part of it too is the way people are brought up and the way we see relationships on TV and other gender cliches.

    Guys are supposed to take what they want, girls are supposed to play hard to get, etc. etc. All that stupid kind of crap.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Only a few of them are total dicks to me, the rest only are dicks when i say something stupid.

    So they're all total dicks?

    Tav on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    People like confidence.

    Assholes tend to be confident.

    Crazy people tend to be confident.

    See, and that could be why. I'm not saying I understand any of this. I'm just trying to be a fuller person here through debate. You people fill me up.

    You say the sweetest things. :winky:

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    That link was not even worth of a [chat] tangent, christ.

    Lurk moar and all that.

    Fuck lurking, I learn from experience.

    jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ack, well, I hope the drama works itself out in your favor Posh. <3

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Only a few of them are total dicks to me, the rest only are dicks when i say something stupid.

    So they're all total dicks?

    Basically, but sometimes they can be cool like you guys.

    jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Only a few of them are total dicks to me, the rest only are dicks when i say something stupid.

    They are, ironically enough, amazingly inflexible sometimes.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    See, and while ladder theory sounds stupid, I always thought there was something to the...

    Wait, wait. I think I'll correct myself mid-statement.

    I've known girls to claim "I'm just so attracted to bad boys" Friends claim outright they'd rather be with an badass asshole because they're more attractive and they can't help themselves.

    However, is the problem with the ladder theory that it makes the claim that all women are like that, or that it happens period? Because it happens, anyway.

    But guys, similarly, get into abusive relationships with girls they recognize they shouldn't be with.

    It's just a fact that good guys end up with fucked up crazy hot girls with mental problems. There's just some kind of allure there.

    I don't get it, but it's real, anyway.
    Feral wrote: »
    there are plenty of less extreme cases of low self-esteem women who get in relationships with guys who are bad for them because they're attracted to the drama or they don't think they deserve any better. They ignore all the other men in their lives who would treat them better because they're scared of, bored by, or simply have no concept of healthy relationships. So they stay with their man out of some fantasy that just through patience and loyalty they can magically get him to start treating her right.

    Meanwhile there's going to be some low self-esteem guy who is attracted to that girl, even though she ignores him, because he's intrigued by the drama or doesn't think he deserves any better. He ignores all the other women in his life who would treat him better because he's scared of, bored boy, or simply has no concept of a healthy relationship. So he pines over this girl out of some fantasy that just through patience and loyalty he can magically convince her to start loving him.

    Is it really such a mystery why this story plays out so often?

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes?

    That place has been a total shithole for the last... hmm I would say year at least.

    The chat forum, whatever it may be called, goes through phases. Sometimes better than others. And right now is one of its lowest times in the last 8 years or so.

    RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    That link was not even worth of a [chat] tangent, christ.

    Lurk moar and all that.

    Fuck lurking, I learn from experience.

    That's pretty much been my practice here. I figured lurking for 2 years before even joining the forum was enough, but soon learned that just thrashing about is much more entertaining.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Do you blame anyone for the boy's death?
    Yes, both 66%
    Yes, the father 18%
    No 7%
    It's too soon to say 4%
    Yes, the gun instructor 5%

    /sigh

    Wait, what are you sighing about?

    That fewer people blamed the gun instructor, who was the person who left a loaded uzi on the table and was watching as an 8-year-old boy picked up and fired it, than the father.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    Any reason specifically?

    jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    See, and while ladder theory sounds stupid, I always thought there was something to the...

    Wait, wait. I think I'll correct myself mid-statement.

    I've known girls to claim "I'm just so attracted to bad boys" Friends claim outright they'd rather be with an badass asshole because they're more attractive and they can't help themselves.

    However, is the problem with the ladder theory that it makes the claim that all women are like that, or that it happens period? Because it happens, anyway.

    But guys, similarly, get into abusive relationships with girls they recognize they shouldn't be with.

    It's just a fact that good guys end up with fucked up crazy hot girls with mental problems. There's just some kind of allure there.

    I don't get it, but it's real, anyway.
    Feral wrote: »
    there are plenty of less extreme cases of low self-esteem women who get in relationships with guys who are bad for them because they're attracted to the drama or they don't think they deserve any better. They ignore all the other men in their lives who would treat them better because they're scared of, bored by, or simply have no concept of healthy relationships. So they stay with their man out of some fantasy that just through patience and loyalty they can magically get him to start treating her right.

    Meanwhile there's going to be some low self-esteem guy who is attracted to that girl, even though she ignores him, because he's intrigued by the drama or doesn't think he deserves any better. He ignores all the other women in his life who would treat him better because he's scared of, bored boy, or simply has no concept of a healthy relationship. So he pines over this girl out of some fantasy that just through patience and loyalty he can magically convince her to start loving him.

    Is it really such a mystery why this story plays out so often?

    I already said that, but less coherently and with shorter words and too little detail!

    Are you following me and retyping my posts, but proper?

    poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    What? Why? I've posted in SE++ maybe 5 times, max.

    Edit: I mean, Feral's at 16.07, and Jes is over 30.... ??

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just want to go on the record here:

    Fuck Petrarchan Love.

    Talk about putting the pussy on a pedestal.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am not attracted to bad/crazy girls.

    In fact, I would say I try to stay away from bad/crazy girls.

    James on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    What? Why? I've posted in SE++ maybe 5 times, max.

    No, I mean your post a day average. I've got like 5 and I feel like I spend a lot of time up ins.

    Good god, Jes, 30 posts a day? I'm, frankly, flabber-fucking-gasted.

    Edit: Wow, you guys seriously outpost me. Maybe I should start posting places other than [chat]

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I guess what I'm getting at, is...

    Take two guys, and they're both attracted to the crazy and drama. One has high self-esteem and/or understanding of how bad things could get, the other has low self-esteem and/or is too optimistic/naive.

    Regardless of their individual reasons for getting in or not getting in the relationship, does it change the fact that there is an attraction in the first place? Getting into the relationship or not is no mystery at all. It's for any of the reasons I made up or Feral mentioned.


    I seek to understand the attraction itself.

    I seek the Grail.

    JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »
    I am not attracted to bad/crazy girls.

    In fact, I would say I try to stay away from bad/crazy girls.

    This is because you are a sane and rational man. As well, you are an endangered variety who needs to be cloned.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    What? Why? I've posted in SE++ maybe 5 times, max.

    No, I mean your post a day average. I've got like 5 and I feel like I spend a lot of time up ins.

    Good god, Jes, 30 posts a day? I'm, frankly, flabber-fucking-gasted.

    Edit: Wow, you guys seriously outpost me. Maybe I should start posting places other than [chat]

    A few weeks back, before i stopped posting at days at a time, I had that shit up to like 60 a day.

    jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    What? Why? I've posted in SE++ maybe 5 times, max.

    Edit: I mean, Feral's at 16.07, and Jes is over 30.... ??

    I think he means that you've been here only a few months, yet have half his posts through a whole year or two.

    There's nothing wrong with it, but I guess some people are amazed at how much other people can post.

    James on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why are people attracted to crazy and drama?

    Because in modern society our lives are pampered and boring.

    That's my best guess, at least.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »
    I am not attracted to bad/crazy girls.

    In fact, I would say I try to stay away from bad/crazy girls.

    I am to a small degree. I know personally and on this board people who have expressed similar interests.

    Some of the fetishes I've read about here are udderly ridiculous.

    JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'ma watch House. Hehe, the jew just insulted 13.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I finally managed to catch what time House is on.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »
    I am not attracted to bad/crazy girls.

    In fact, I would say I try to stay away from bad/crazy girls.

    I am to a small degree. I know personally and on this board people who have expressed similar interests.

    Some of the fetishes I've read about here are udderly ridiculous.

    hahahaha

    that caught me off guard

    James on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    What? Why? I've posted in SE++ maybe 5 times, max.

    No, I mean your post a day average. I've got like 5 and I feel like I spend a lot of time up ins.

    Good god, Jes, 30 posts a day? I'm, frankly, flabber-fucking-gasted.

    Edit: Wow, you guys seriously outpost me. Maybe I should start posting places other than [chat]

    Kind of ironic since I'm only here about twice a week, usually for only an hour or two. I just type like a fiend.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just forget I mentioned it. I feel dwarfed by the posting prowess of my fellow [chat]ters.

    Edit: I just realized I've been steadily climbing in terms of posts a day, and that several times since I joined the boards I've stopped posting for weeks or months at a time.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    James wrote: »
    I think he means that you've been here only a few months, yet have half his posts through a whole year or two.

    There's nothing wrong with it, but I guess some people are amazed at how much other people can post.

    Kind of funny since I'm normally a little quiet around strangers in person.

    Passerbye on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    I sometimes hate the people in SE++.
    :evil:

    Only sometimes? Wow, now I feel bad.

    Your 18 posts a day astonish and freak me out slightly.

    What? Why? I've posted in SE++ maybe 5 times, max.

    No, I mean your post a day average. I've got like 5 and I feel like I spend a lot of time up ins.

    Good god, Jes, 30 posts a day? I'm, frankly, flabber-fucking-gasted.

    Edit: Wow, you guys seriously outpost me. Maybe I should start posting places other than [chat]

    Kind of ironic since I'm only here about twice a week, usually for only an hour or two. I just type like a fiend.

    Yea, I know what you mean, like I was not here for like one whole week and I looked at my post per day thing, and it was still at like 25.00, and even though I know i post more than that per day, but to not be here for like a few days solid and still have a high post per day thing is pretty fucking amazing, that means that when you are here you are posting near the 50-100 mark?

    jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »
    A few weeks back, before i stopped posting at days at a time, I had that shit up to like 60 a day.
    That isn't something to be proud of unless you're teefs.

    Tav on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    I think he means that you've been here only a few months, yet have half his posts through a whole year or two.

    There's nothing wrong with it, but I guess some people are amazed at how much other people can post.

    Kind of funny since I'm normally a little quiet around strangers in person.

    It's the Internet. It does this.

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    The friend zone does not exist. Study-abroad-girl was my best friend for like three years and then I kissed her after the end of a movie one time and she floated out of the theater.

    There was no omgidontwanttoloseourfriendship panic.

    Just floating.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, if you make 125 posts in one day, and are absent the next four days, you'll have an average of 25 posts per day.

    James on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Whoah whoah..

    You saying if I make out with you Res I can float?

    Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.