Options

My First [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wait... what anime is this? I'm thinking something from Kevin Smith, or maybe Hugh Laurie.

Or of course an attractive intelligent girl heavily into computer games.

I don't know, just lots of them? It just seems like in lots of them some dude will just stroll up and be like, "what, we're friends now, deal with it."

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    God, one girl at my old work was so introverted. Just, like wow. I blame her scientologist upbringing.

I mean, she'd be reading a book and a guy would come up and ask her a question or something? She'd look up and then look right back at the book and keep reading.

It's been a slow and painful process but I'm slowly turning her into a functioning human being.

"That's it, slowly move your hand up and down.... very good"

D: Ugh, no.

I don't find her at all physically attractive and god, that would feel like taking advantage of a mentally handicapped girl.

She is the girl that I've expressed wariness in chat before about her falling for me.

Yeah, I worry about the women in my like getting Stockholm Syndrome too.

o_O You kidnap women regularly?
    Do you know of a better ice-breaker?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Wait, didn't John Hughs make Ferris Builer's Day Off? Now I need to go look that up.

Yes he did, and okay that's an exception.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

I hate you so much right now.

Uncle Buck

Okay now you're just looking at IMDB.
    Wikipedia

I had no idea he did Uncle Buck

He's like an icon. One I've never heard of. Like the Jerry Bruckheimer of comedies my parents love and I find all right.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am so glad the web wasn't available when I was a teenager. And any BBS's I may or may not have posted to are looooong gone.

I would have been like every emo poster stereotype rolled up into one. Though, in my defense, I had never heard of the term "emo" until after college.

Also I never had to deal with a lot of the relationship problems you guys go on about as I have been dating then married to the same girl since I was 15. Weird how it turned out. And not a process I would recommend others to try and emulate. But it did indeed work out very well in the end.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I've dreamed of the Holy Grail too, oh how I have dreamed.

I found out the person I have a crush on plays Zelda. This infuriates me.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    God, one girl at my old work was so introverted. Just, like wow. I blame her scientologist upbringing.

I mean, she'd be reading a book and a guy would come up and ask her a question or something? She'd look up and then look right back at the book and keep reading.

It's been a slow and painful process but I'm slowly turning her into a functioning human being.

"That's it, slowly move your hand up and down.... very good"

D: Ugh, no.

I don't find her at all physically attractive and god, that would feel like taking advantage of a mentally handicapped girl.

She is the girl that I've expressed wariness in chat before about her falling for me.

Yeah, I worry about the women in my like getting Stockholm Syndrome too.

o_O You kidnap women regularly?

"So... do you play World of Warcraft?"

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have recurring fantasies where some guy comes up and just sits next to me at lunch or something and starts eating my food and opening up a conversation, and then we're friends from that day forward.

How very japanese-anime of you. :P

Wait... what anime is this? I'm thinking something from Kevin Smith, or maybe Hugh Laurie.

Well of course.

I kinda lean more towards the cute tomboy with a secret nerdy passion type when my fantasies are concerned(So I like a girl who can kick my ass, is that so wrong?), but still.

...I have got to find out how to start a conversation randomly with people I don't know.

yalborap on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tube's character can be both entertaining and annoying, but he does do his job well.

I think the more crazy things he's done is a result of being 'ground down' by the forums and wanting to resign.

James on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I was going to take pictures, but I cannot get Vista to recognize my webcam, because it's an XBox Live webcam, and Microsoft is too fucking dumb to make drivers for their own hardware.

Angry.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kidnapping is a terrible ice-breaker because every time you take off the gag to make conversation they try to scream.

Baby, I just want to know what kind of music you like. I'll even turn the fader up so it's not too loud back there in the trunk.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    yalborap wrote: »
    Well of course.

I kinda lean more towards the cute tomboy with a secret nerdy passion type when my fantasies are concerned(So I like a girl who can kick my ass, is that so wrong?), but still.

...I have got to find out how to start a conversation randomly with people I don't know.

Assuming you have a class/job/hobby in common start with something about that.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I don't know, just lots of them? It just seems like in lots of them some dude will just stroll up and be like, "what, we're friends now, deal with it."

Wish fulfillment for shy Japanese otaku teenagers. The only way they'll ever have cool friends.

Oh wait, did I just imply that JamesKeenan was a shy Japanese 13-year-old girl? Why, yes I did.

"Kawaii! Yabai! Maji de? Usssoooouuu! Yabai! Maji? Mechamechakawaiii!"

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

"So... do you play World of Warcraft?"

I know someone who does that.

We don't talk about it, much in the same way we don't go to Ravenholm.

Tav on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Show them your thesis.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I never knew Tube long enough to be able to say if he was a good admin or not, but I know i don't like him as a forumer.

jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Oh, I'm not doubting you. I just don't remember it. But I also don't watch a lot of anime, so...

But hey, if you ever see this guy, just go give him a pat and start talking.

Also, please, please excuse the picture. I had been up for a very long time. Very long. But OKCupid wouldn't stop bitching me out for not having more pictures, so I just took it with a camera phone.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    So I was going to take pictures, but I cannot get Vista to recognize my webcam, because it's an XBox Live webcam, and Microsoft is too fucking dumb to make drivers for their own hardware.

Angry.

Have you tied locating drivers for the webcam?

jes is a on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Show them your thesis.

:winky:

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's always weird how middle aged women will talk about WoW open in my classes.

It's like, they are in touch enough to play but out of touch enough to talk about it. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Kidnapping is a terrible ice-breaker because every time you take off the gag to make conversation they try to scream.

Baby, I just want to know what kind of music you like. I'll even turn the fader up so it's not too loud back there in the trunk.

You know I always thought you'd be into screamers.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think Tube telling me he'd throw me off a pier because he disagreed with me in D&D and then refusing to explain why kind of soured me on his Internet asshole persona.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think Tube telling me he'd throw me off a pier because he disagreed with me in D&D and then refusing to explain why kind of soured me on his Internet asshole persona.

Breakfast club. Pier.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2008
    Hugs are pleasant like few things in life are; I wish American guys weren't so weird about them.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Angry.

This made me laugh out loud, good sir.

So many :^:'s for you.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »

Angry.

Yes. They do not exist.

That's kind of a silly question.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, I'm not doubting you. I just don't remember it. But I also don't watch a lot of anime, so...

Also, please, please excuse the picture. I had been up for a very long time. Very long. But OKCupid wouldn't stop bitching me out for not having more pictures, so I just took it with a camera phone.

Take a better picture. Clean up your hair, probably shave.

You have the potential to be a rather dashing chap.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tube is the solar asshole to my 100 watt lightbulb

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Hugs are pleasant like few things in life are; I wish American guys weren't so weird about them.

Ewwwwwww.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yalborap wrote: »
    Well of course.

Assuming you have a class/job/hobby in common start with something about that.

That's where shit gets tricky. Kinda hard to find other people into the same things I am.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Take a better picture. Clean up your hair, probably shave.

You have the potential to be a rather dashing chap.

Correction, I am a rather dashing chap.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Show them your thesis.

No really though, I was working with this postdoc in one of my rotations, and we were discussing something and he got his thesis off the shelf to check something, and I found myself all of a sudden incredibly attracted to him.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I know a guy who hugs everyone. I have started doing it too. Seriously, hugs make people so goddamn happy.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I never have trouble getting hugs.

jes is a on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Angry.

I'm pretty mad. I was looking forward to sharing pictures.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I find myself oddly eager to see Bolt.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Likewise. A warm, heart felt hug is an amazingly refreshing thing.

But, as you said, you can only seem to get em from girls cause dudes be so weird 'bout it.

Of course, the one dude I knew who gave me warm, heart felt hugs ended up coming out of the closet to me...

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Show them your thesis.

No really though, I was working with this postdoc in one of my rotations, and we were discussing something and he got his thesis off the shelf to check something, and I found myself all of a sudden incredibly attracted to him.

his pants did fall off when he stood up, though

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Angry.

I'm pretty mad. I was looking forward to sharing pictures.

Got a camera phone?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

A thought I had when we were talking about meeting:

"Is this mo'fucker going to hug me?"

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    jes is a wrote: »

Angry.

Yes. They do not exist.

That's kind of a silly question.

They have to exist.

You probably just aren't doing it right.

jes is a on
This discussion has been closed.