As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Banned from the EA forums? Be prepared to lose access to ALL your PC games.

12345679»

• Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    Wow. Every time I think "Hey, EA hasn't been a raving pack of flea infested douchebags lately" they come back with a little shit flinging at their customers just to remind us who they are.

Given that they're forum accounts and the average "Professional Moderator" is required to ban for some pretty stupid shit, I'm not sure I like the idea of potentially hundreds of dollars worth of games being blocked by them for, you know, posting in a thread someone said Cocks Buttes, LOL in on their forum.

Having played moderator on a couple of forums, and posted on many other, I deeply agree.

Evander on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I could see EA losing a class action lawsuit with this because I don't see how this is even legal on games made before this decision was reached, unless it was in the ToS for those games prior to this happening.

Edit: nevermind.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    EA IS NOT ACTUALLY BANNING ACCESS TO GAMES. READ FYREWULF'S POST ABOVE. THIS THREADS TOPIC IS NOW REVEALED TO BE FALSE INFORMATION.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bungie, however, has been doing this for awhile (forum ban = no matchmaking in Halo 3). But hey, it's Bungie so it's okay, right? O_o

zilo on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    Bungie, however, has been doing this for awhile (forum ban = no matchmaking in Halo 3). But hey, it's Bungie so it's okay, right? O_o

No?

Although even in their case, you're still allowed to play online co-op and custom games IIRC.

EDIT: In any case, arguing over this is pointless now that EA have said they're not going to go that route now.

subedii on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    subedii wrote: »
    zilo wrote: »

No?

Although even in their case, you're still allowed to play online co-op and custom games IIRC.

EDIT: In any case, arguing over this is pointless now that EA have said they're not going to go that route now.

I'm just sick to death of the double standard. Bungie does it, the gaming news sites are silent. EA does the same thing and these forums, Kotaku, Shacknews, Gamasutra all explode with nerdrage.

zilo on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually nope, you're banned from custom games now too.

They have been in fact, adding to the ban slowly over the years.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm pretty surprised at the reaction to this. "Act like a dick and we cut you off!" Simple solution then, isn't it? Though I must say that the fact that it extends to content in games is... surprising.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    it seems that most of you haven't ever been in the EA forums. Where you post a technical issue and 50 other forumers spam/hijack your thread with "U SUCK EA I WANT MY MONEY BACK,I"M GONNA SUE YOU DICKWADS!" and then list the most trivial shit for their reasons like one guys helmet in a game is not blue enough. I wish I were kidding....

Shade on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    subedii wrote: »

Bitchfest of a thread done, then.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.