As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Episode 2 bugs

• HazukiSanHazukiSan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    bigriff wrote: »
    ok so here's what I found out on my own. I think the monkey bug (where you attempt to enter a third time but the screen comes up for 2 seconds then goes back down) is caused by the game failing to recognize that you did use the 2nd monkey card. I used the 2nd monkey card and got the cutscene where it showed the monkey at least attacking but then getting kicked. The game however shows that while the card is used, the cutscene is still locked from viewing in the movies section of the office. The case log also tells me to try the second card while the inventory shows that the 2nd card has been used. While I've tried everything from saving and loading and restarting and changing difficulty and dying and what not, I think it's safe to say that we'll have to start over as I don't see how this could be fixed in a patch (however I would love it if I was totally proved wrong)

EDIT: I did try the monkey cards in order IE I got the first card, tried once, got the second card, tried again, and then am getting the glitch on the third try.

EDIT AGAIN: also I'm on the XBLA version (still)

After experimenting a bit, I think I've found a way to avoid this bug (in the 360 version, at least). Before using all three monkey cards, DO NOT get the golden bolt. I actually avoided even talking to the bolt guy until after the monkey fight subquest ended.

On my first attempted playthrough, I made the mistake of giving the bolt to Anne before using the third card. After I tried using the third card and was prevented from entering the arena, I checked the case log and noticed that the "use the second card" objective had actually been un-crossed off. If you run into this bug, there appears to be nothing else you can do but give up and start a new game.

On my subsequent two playthroughs (the second one was on Insane), I avoided the bolt subquest and had no problems making it through either time.

This sounds plausible. I'm going to wait for a patch rather than start again, though.

Probably best idea, I tried a second playthrough to get through the monkey questline and hit the exact same problem when avoiding bolts (which my friend recommended). There seems to be a very specific order of events, deviating from which borks the game up.

Awaiting the patch here now, might head back to ep1 and try for a perfect play through whilst I wait. :lol:

HazukiSan on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HazukiSan wrote: »
    Awaiting the patch here now, might head back to ep1 and try for a perfect play through whilst I wait. :lol:

I've already done that :( I'm worried that the game will have lost its charm (or I will have lost my thread) by the time the game is patched.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited November 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    HazukiSan wrote: »

I've already done that :( I'm worried that the game will have lost its charm (or I will have lost my thread) by the time the game is patched.

I have that worry too, I was really enjoying Ep2 as well and really talking up how improved it was over Ep1 to my friends.

Fingers crossed for a patch eh.

HazukiSan on
  • LushLush Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Yup, I have the blue monkey card bug, too, unfortunately. I've loved the game so far, but I'm afraid another playthrough just to find myself stuck again would be disheartening, so I'll join you all in the vigil for a patch.

Lush on
  • Sandy360Sandy360 Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Lush wrote: »
    Yup, I have the blue monkey card bug, too, unfortunately. I've loved the game so far, but I'm afraid another playthrough just to find myself stuck again would be disheartening, so I'll join you all in the vigil for a patch.

D: I ran into the same problem and just played through the game again while avoiding the bolts altogether and the same happend :'( Really frustrating

Sandy360 on
  • BrymBrym Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just ran into the monkey fight bug that other people have been having. The dialogue screen comes up and then disappears, and I can't progress any further.

This totally sucks. There's no way I'm re-starting this far into the game. Until they patch this, there's no way I can recommend this game to my friends.

Brym on
  • vapspwivapspwi Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    My list of bugs so far (XBox 360 version)...

Like others, I died in the final boss fight, and when it restored, my characters just stood there. I left the area and returned, went through the penultimate fight (with interface glitches as described above), and then the screen went blank and locked up after the cutscene before the final boss fight. Had to restart the console.

I eventually beat the game, but now when I try to play Insane Mode, the game keeps kicking me out. It seems to be related to hitting the A button (other than to advance the dialogue). When I hit the A button outside of word balloons, it just kicks me back to the initial "Press Start" screen, and I have to start the whole game over again. I've made it as far as Anne Claire's room before having this problem, but I've repeated it 3 or 4 times.

JRjr

vapspwi on
  • HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Brym wrote: »
    I just ran into the monkey fight bug that other people have been having. The dialogue screen comes up and then disappears, and I can't progress any further.

This totally sucks. There's no way I'm re-starting this far into the game. Until they patch this, there's no way I can recommend this game to my friends.

Patch incoming and you will not have to start again. Already fixed on PC versions.

HH Vlad on
  • LushLush Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Very glad to hear it!

Lush on
    edited November 2008
    HH Vlad wrote: »

Patch incoming and you will not have to start again. Already fixed on PC versions.

Awesome!

Willeth on
    edited November 2008

Hooray! Let's hope it clears MS cert quickly.

Brym on
    edited November 2008

Hooray! Let's hope it clears MS cert quickly.

6 months later...

HazukiSan on
  • HH JoelHH Joel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I thought I would add to the discussion of the 3rd monkey card progression blocker. As Vlad mentioned, we have it fixed for Xbox and are working with Microsoft to get through their title update process. This may take some time, so I thought I would clarify how you can avoid the bug in the first place.

At any point after you have done two robot monkey fights, DO NOT talk to Gabe or Tycho (i.e. trigger their hint dialogue) when in the Symposium. If you avoid that one thing, you won't trigger the bug.

So for those that have already encountered it, this gives you an option of starting a new save and avoiding it on that second time around, if that's preferable to you over waiting for MS to release the title update.

Thanks for your patience. I hope that helps!

Joel

HH Joel on
  • NeopopulasNeopopulas Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    I'm using the windows version;
    I've tried all sorts of graphics options. Normal, High, screen resolutions and so forth and i think i have it worked out to full screen. if i run the game in full screen, it looks really good, and runs fine, but as soon as i try to load it hangs.

Its okay if i'm just moving around (with the big arrow, for example) but as soon as i try to change 'maps' and you get the loading screen (the spinning cog and so forth) the game just sits there forever. With a little Ctrl+Alt+Del i can see that the program is no longer responding. I'd much prefer to play it in full screen but every time i load i have to restart, switch resolution, load, then switch back and its really annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

Neopopulas on
  • GvazGvaz Enforcer MaineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm running Vista 64 with episode 2 under steam. Pretty much everything in the background is shut off. Running the very latest graphics drivers from nVidia (180.43) and whatever the latest sound drivers are for my x-fi xtrememusic.

No other game has been giving me issues but when I start this off the audio "pops" and when it came to the first cinematic, it was totally de-synced. It was less to not noticeable in game, from what little I've played, but the pops are quieter.

It's really bothering me and I just bought this >:[

Gvaz on
    edited November 2008
    Neopopulas wrote: »
    I've tried all sorts of graphics options. Normal, High, screen resolutions and so forth and i think i have it worked out to full screen. if i run the game in full screen, it looks really good, and runs fine, but as soon as i try to load it hangs.

Its okay if i'm just moving around (with the big arrow, for example) but as soon as i try to change 'maps' and you get the loading screen (the spinning cog and so forth) the game just sits there forever. With a little Ctrl+Alt+Del i can see that the program is no longer responding. I'd much prefer to play it in full screen but every time i load i have to restart, switch resolution, load, then switch back and its really annoying. Has anyone else had this problem?

We found some issues with Vista that were fixed today to go into our next update. I am not sure what OS you are running.

HH Vlad on
    edited November 2008
    Gvaz wrote: »
    I'm running Vista 64 with episode 2 under steam. Pretty much everything in the background is shut off. Running the very latest graphics drivers from nVidia (180.43) and whatever the latest sound drivers are for my x-fi xtrememusic.

No other game has been giving me issues but when I start this off the audio "pops" and when it came to the first cinematic, it was totally de-synced. It was less to not noticeable in game, from what little I've played, but the pops are quieter.

It's really bothering me and I just bought this >:[

In the options menu, there are a few audio options to try:

http://forum.playgreenhouse.com/jforum/posts/list/1033.page

Please refer to the FAQ and post back to let us know if the issue has been resolved. If not, please also submit the issue to [email protected] along with the details of the problem and your system setup. Thank you for your support.

HH Vlad on
  • GvazGvaz Enforcer MaineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I tried the audio settings like it says in your link and nothing helped, but it seems theres a new update to my sound card that says something about "audio popping with wave or ac-3 files" so I'm gonna try that. Thanks.

Gvaz on
  • NeopopulasNeopopulas Registered User new member
    edited November 2008

We found some issues with Vista that were fixed today to go into our next update. I am not sure what OS you are running.

Sorry, i'm running XP.

Neopopulas on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So uh, I died when using the Annarchy Bot to fight the Fruit Fucker Prime. Tried to restart, now my characters are unable to move (while standing on the top of the orange) and my only option is to talk to Gabe. I can't move my PC to attack the Fruit Fucker again and I have no options to cycle through to any other interactable object.

That's kind of a huge glitch. Xbox 360 version here.

EDIT: Back to that unskippable dialogue lines, oh hurr hurr.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    edited November 2008
    Jesus, MegaMan. Spoiler warning. Especially considering there are some of us that can't get past the monkey fight.

Willeth on
    edited November 2008
    Any ETA on the 360 update?

Brym on
  • stebuustebuu Crabs are fucking crazy, and I hate horses Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, any info on fixing the steel cannibal achievement bug on the 360?

stebuu on
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    Arrrgh, monkey fight bug! Where's the patch! Thanks for your time.

jedivalkyrie on
  • cave_mancave_man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think it's been discussed elsewhere on the forums here but in the Xbox Live version when I import my character into Episode 2 it doesn't look like my Episode 1 character. I have to do some major tweaking to get it to look like my previous character.

cave_man on
    edited November 2008
    The patch is out on 360 as of now.

Willeth on
  • BioRebelBioRebel Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    I seem to have an issue with the audio, I'm running Vista 64. For some reason the audio will randomly slow down and become all crackly. It has done a complete crash once while loading a level.
    EDIT: also there should be some way to get at the 'harvest companions' that
    you missed inside the mansion.

BioRebel on
    edited November 2008
    BioRebel wrote: »
    I seem to have an issue with the audio, I'm running Vista 64. For some reason the audio will randomly slow down and become all crackly. It has done a complete crash once while loading a level.

Don't worry about it, there are more than enough to upgrade if you missed them.

Willeth on
  • V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

This, kind of.

The game just freezes any time I try and open the map. I have to alt+tab or Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Esc back to windows, then when I remaximise the program the map is working fine. I'm on windows XP, and my laptop should have power to run this and then some. So its incredibly annoying.

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    V2-Gundam wrote: »

This, kind of.

The game just freezes any time I try and open the map. I have to alt+tab or Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Esc back to windows, then when I remaximise the program the map is working fine. I'm on windows XP, and my laptop should have power to run this and then some. So its incredibly annoying.

This happens to me, but not when going to the map. It typically happens when entering a fight, or a new part of a current zone (using the arrow to move ot the next angle).

I've submitted all my files, and dxdiags to Support. Hoping for an answer. I've had it happen after 2minutes, and someitmes after hours (Happened during EP1 too).

Other than that, this game is top fucking notch. I have been entertained non-stop so far. Not sure how far I am into the game, but I am in the Aristocratic apartment building working my way up. So good!

DrunkMc on
  • Jack TangoJack Tango Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    Not sure if this is a new bug or not (I didn't see it mentioned in any previous posts), but I'm having a pretty annoying freezing issue.

In the XBOX 360 version, whenever I try to load my saved game from mere seconds before the final boss battle atop the giant orange, my system freezes.

Poof, kaput, kablooey.

I deleted it and redownloaded it, all to no discernible effect.

Help me, HHVlad, you're my only hope!

Jack Tango on
    edited December 2008
    BioRebel wrote: »

Did you try some of the audio options in the settings menu? Look for the check boxes.

HH Vlad on
    edited December 2008
    Jack Tango wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a new bug or not (I didn't see it mentioned in any previous posts), but I'm having a pretty annoying freezing issue.

In the XBOX 360 version, whenever I try to load my saved game from mere seconds before the final boss battle atop the giant orange, my system freezes.

Poof, kaput, kablooey.

I deleted it and redownloaded it, all to no discernible effect.

Help me, HHVlad, you're my only hope!

Asking QA for advice . . . .

HH Vlad on
    edited December 2008
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    This happens to me, but not when going to the map. It typically happens when entering a fight, or a new part of a current zone (using the arrow to move ot the next angle).

I've submitted all my files, and dxdiags to Support. Hoping for an answer. I've had it happen after 2minutes, and someitmes after hours (Happened during EP1 too).

Other than that, this game is top fucking notch. I have been entertained non-stop so far. Not sure how far I am into the game, but I am in the Aristocratic apartment building working my way up. So good!

Support is running a bit slower this time of the year--I will go ask them but for now, can you give me a quick summary of the following:

OS version
    Graphics chip
    Driver version
    Game revision (we updated recently so make sure you have the latest)

Thanks.

HH Vlad on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I downloaded and installed this game a couple of days ago.

I'm using my character from the 1st game.

2 things:
    -My character when loading it, only loaded with the proper clothing. Skin tone and face were not loaded. Very annoying.
    -The load times on this game are retarded long. It takes me about 5 minutes minimum to load any area. Once it's loaded, everything is working fine. Unacceptable.

Would the most recent "revision" of yours be included in the latest bundled software that I downloaded, roughly about 3 days ago? Because if this is going to be the status quo, I can tell you what you can do with Episode 3.

Edit: this is on the pc.

Meiz on
  • zestydeezestydee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm experiencing a bug with my recently purchased PS3 version.

Basically when I load my save file, it just gets stuck in loading, and the game never pops up, making my game inaccessible. I saved the game at
    the 3rd scene in the world fair where you first see the giant FF up closing doing his business
    . As you can see I'm rather far in to the game so I'd rather not have to start over (and if I do start over which most likely seems to be the case I'd like some assurance that my save won't randomly be corrupted again.)

If it matters, I started with my episode 1 character.

zestydee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gabee1611Gabee1611 Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    ALso also have an loading issue with the ps3 version. It happened once at the worlds fair and once in the symposium

Gabee1611 on
  • wpt1031wpt1031 Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    Same exact problems I can't load my game after I get to the Worlds Fair.

wpt1031 on
  • Alpha2Alpha2 Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    Hi, I don't know if anyone else with the PS3 version has had this problem but for some reason the The characters look fine until you get into battle then their outlines are green, and a brighter shade of green when selected.

Is this only my copy? should I re-download it?

Alpha2 on
  • XyleXyle Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    Here's a list of shiny PS3 bugs with spoiler tags all the way through. I played the game through completion on normal mode using a imported character from episode 1.

1: Character imports are partial, skin tone, glasses and other features do not come with the import.

2:
    In the Robot Monkey Fighting Arena cutscenes, your character does not appear. His hands and sometimes his glasses will appear but not the whole body

3: I also had some minor keypress issues on the PS3 version, but they came up very rarely. In my case, the most annoying one was attempting Tycho's last special attack and having my controller not respond.

4:
    During the lose your mind mini-game, the cursor may sometimes intermittently disappear. I had one instance where this disappeared permanently, forcing me to reload and start over.

5:
    I am having issues with loading save games past the events at the World's Fair zone. Apparently if you save your game there, it will not reload and hang at the loading screen. This also happens with cleared games as I cannot load my completed save file to get into my office.

I am running off a 60 gig launch model PS3. Full firmware updates and such.

If you guys are picking things to patch, number 5 should be priority one due to its game breaking nature.

Xyle

Xyle on