As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old thread. Disregard.

• SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My collector's edition just arrived today. Happiness!

SithDrummer on
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh god I just got this game.

It is a good game.

Not very far yet.

But it is a good game.

Also, I have a lunchbox now.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't get offered any work there, weird. Maybe I'll go back and see what there is to see.

You get the schematic after peacefully finishing the Blood Ties quest. Make sure you don't piss them off, or he probably won't give it to you.

Do the quests. Then get him pissed off. Pillage and plunder. Pillage and Plunder.

Oddjob187 on
  • MangarooMangaroo LondonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys, when you are outside, do you get something similar to this (referring to the lighting):

It might be easier to see in high quality mode. By the way, this was on the pc version.

Mangaroo on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So, I found
    a satellite tower that will let me call down some nukes! how badass is that!

are they related to any quests, though?

INeedNoSalt on
  • unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God I love this game. Bought it expecting to be decent but didn't expect it to be this great. It wrenched my attention away from FarCry 2 and a bunch of other games I'd been playing.

unpurposed on
  • Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    I didn't get offered any work there, weird. Maybe I'll go back and see what there is to see.

You get the schematic after peacefully finishing the Blood Ties quest. Make sure you don't piss them off, or he probably won't give it to you.

Do the quests. Then get him pissed off. Pillage and plunder. Pillage and Plunder.

Or for a semi-less profitable but constant route...
    Talk to Vance about striking a deal in which Arefu will donate blood packs in return for the Family not attacking the town. Once you get Evan to agree and talk back to Vance, you can give him your blood packs for 10 caps.

Not the greatest option, but it's still there...

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I GOT THE FIRE SWORD.

I'm about to make another one so I can repair the first one.

It's frickin' sweet.

Also, Fire Ants:
    I did not take the name literally and I got too close. I did not expect them to belch flames out at me at all. The ordinary Fire Ants are pushovers. Two shots to the head with the pistol is all it takes for me. The bigger ants can withstand fucking frag grenades and it just pisses them off!

I am turning my character into a devestatingly accurate shooter. I just got the Gunslinger perk. If I can't kill it with a pistol I can persuade them to do what I want, with my ever-higher Speech skill. I need to increase my Repair skill, though.

Sarksus on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goofball wrote: »
    I actually was a bit saddened to see Fallout 3 come with the most binary good/evil choices of any of the series that I can remember. I could just be looking at the past with rose-colored glasses, of course, but if the choice is to basically be a slave-driving murdering douchebag who blows up whole settlements for a measley amount of bottle caps or the descendant of Jesus Christ himself just for helping a couple people out here and there, I think I can tell where most people will end up on that spectrum.

I vote for slave-driving murdering douchebag myself.

Edit: and fuck fire ants - fuck them with a large rusty convenient piece of re-bar in every orifice.

Do what I do after being nice.

Steal.

Also, fuck that fucking Ranger hotel forever.

Fuck.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, I can't stop playing this. I'm crawling around the capitol building detaching super mutant heads.

Fats on
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    So I'm about a third of a bar away from hitting level 13, and despite stealing here and there I'm 'Very Good', under which it says 'Paladin'. Having amassed all this goodness, I felt it was high time to visit the rat-bastards who tried to get me to blow up Megaton, and with my faithful pooch at my side, I head off towards Tenpenny Tower, prepared to knock some evildoer's heads.
    So I show up there and pay the doorman 100 caps to let me in. I speak to a few of the residents - how these people survived the wasteland long enough to get to Tenpenny Tower is beyond me - and decide that yes, my earlier judgement was right. The world would be better off without these "people". Dogmeat's very helpful with sniffing out stragglers as I stalk from room to room, executing the residents.

And having done this great service to the DC area, my Karma drops to 'evil'! Now Three Dog is calling me the boogeyman on his show. So much for playing a good character - I'm loading an earlier save >.<

Strangely, when I went upstairs and killed Tenpenny I got good karma but when I let in
    All the ghouls I got bad karma.

Joeslop on
    edited October 2008
    So, I found

Whaaaaat.

How big are the nukes? Where's the tower!

Also, forgot to say, I am being purely good. Right now I am "Very Good" and I have the Dignitary title. Earlier a villager from Megaton gave me some ammo to thank me for all I've done. I am a badass.

Sarksus on
  • jagermeister73jagermeister73 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I need a dart gun damnit all these darts just taking up space in my locker. I did get the fat boy however :D

jagermeister73 on
    jagermeister73.png
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So in Megaton:
    Moriarty is saying I was born in his bar and he knew my dad and stuff. But I remember my own birth! So HA!
    Also Bioshock taught me a very important lesson:
    Never trust the Irish.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So this thread lacks "lol how do I bang this chick?!" questions.

wtf, Fallout?

Toxic Pickle on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    So, I found

Whaaaaat.

How big are the nukes? Where's the tower!

Also, forgot to say, I am being purely good. Right now I am "Very Good" and I have the Dignitary title. Earlier a villager from Megaton gave me some ammo to thank me for all I've done. I am a badass.

They are smaller than the megaton nuke, I think, but there's like eight of them, and they fall down in a circle around the tower.

Hell, they might not even be nukes, but the codes say "ICBM" on them.

The tower is a big solo tower in the northwest corner of the map (there are a few other tower clusters but the codes are in the big one)

INeedNoSalt on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

I've ran into a few chicks that I'm sure I could have banged if my charisma wasn't 5.

Al_wat on
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I need a dart gun damnit all these darts just taking up space in my locker. I did get the fat boy however :D

Why not carry them?

Don't weigh nothin'.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
    edited October 2008
    Al_wat wrote: »

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

I've ran into a few chicks that I'm sure I could have banged if my charisma wasn't 5.

What. You can't bang anybody.

Can you?

Sarksus on
  • JastJast Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Ranger armor is awesome. Not only does it looks cool, but it also has 39 damage resistance at full repair. Too bad I did the quest so late in the game, but I can't imagine trying to do it at a low level.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

You can buy the schematic for the dart gun from Tenpenny tower. It's a fun thing since it applies a DoT and immediately does damage to the legs to cripple anything I've used it on, but having to got through the reload animation after you fire it gets annoying since it only can fire once before reloading.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

Can you?

I banged a whore once. Cost me 100 caps.

That's about it.

Nickle on
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

Can you?

I'm not certain, to tell the truth. In the old fallout games you could. I just assumed you could in this one based on the number of whores I've encountered so far, and I haven't even been playing that long.

Al_wat on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

Can you?

Nova. If you can spare some caps.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

Can you?

Nothing happens. I paid her and got the bed and nothing happened. Maybe I'm just too ugly.

Sarksus on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

No, I don't actually own this game... I was just commenting after having seen the question so many times in the Fable 2 thread.

I honestly resolved not to buy this game due to fuck Bethesda and their inability to do 3rd person games, though after skimming through the last thread and reading this one, I admit that my willpower has been fast fading, particularly as I've beaten Fable 2 and am looking at a long couple weeks until Wrath of the Lich King drops.

EDIT: Also, I'm so sorry for opening the 'banging' can of worms.
    Ok not really

Toxic Pickle on
    edited October 2008

wtf, Fallout?

have high charisma?

Can you?

Nothing happens. I paid her and got the bed and nothing happened. Maybe I'm just too ugly.

Nah, they don't show anything, you just wake up and she's lying next to you.

Alternatively, maybe you ARE too ugly.

Nickle on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    So in Megaton:
    Moriarty is saying I was born in his bar and he knew my dad and stuff. But I remember my own birth! So HA!
    Never trust the Irish.

He actually doesn't say that you were born in his bar. Or at least those were not his words to me.
    Mangaroo wrote: »
    Guys, when you are outside, do you get something similar to this (referring to the lighting):

It might be easier to see in high quality mode. By the way, this was on the pc version.

That's an odd one, I don't get that.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Actually my character is kind of weird lookin', although it's only because he looks really worried all of the time, and he's pale.

Sarksus on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Basil wrote: »
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »
    So in Megaton:
    Never trust the Irish.

He actually doesn't say that you were born in his bar. Or at least those were not his words to me.
    Mangaroo wrote: »

That's an odd one, I don't get that.

Never seen that.

Cabezone on
    edited October 2008
    I like the different ways you can make your guys look. The only thing that sucks is you can't see my guy's mohawk under his helmet.

Al_wat on
  • BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man... the only complaint I have are the damn subways. Subway this, subway that. It's like the sewers, only subway.

Nobody wants to be in the fucking sewers... ever. When I get above ground, oh man am I taken aback by the set pieces.

... but then back to the sewers.

BlackDove on
    edited October 2008
    I don't like being underground much.

Sarksus on
    edited October 2008
    The problem is that they made subways the only way to get around in D.C. What they should of done is made them shortcuts. For example, you can go above ground and fight your way through dozens of enemies to get to the mall, or you can go through the subway where there's less enemies.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jast wrote: »
    The problem is that they made subways the only way to get around in D.C. What they should of done is made them shortcuts. For example, you can go above ground and fight your way through dozens of enemies to get to the mall, or you can go through the subway where there's less enemies.

Just remember that once you've been to one of those locations you can still quicktravel between them.

Cabezone on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hate doing any quests in d.c just because that means trying to find my way through the subways. I just end up getting lost, using up 90% of my ammo and being half-dead, than coming out at some random subway station 1/4 of the map away from where I want to be and have to fast-travel to restock and try all over again ugh

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Man... the only complaint I have are the damn subways. Subway this, subway that. It's like the sewers, only subway.

Nobody wants to be in the fucking sewers... ever. When I get above ground, oh man am I taken aback by the set pieces.

... but then back to the sewers.

I dunno, I can't imagine some places or characters living anywhere else. Besides, the dingy, claustophobic underground makes the vast, epic overworld so much more impressive.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    edited October 2008
    I know, but the first time battling through those sewers stinks.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why the fuck can I not sleep in someones bed after I've removed their head from their neck with a well placed rocket? They're dead. Let me sleep in his bed damnit! I got wounds to heal and Stimpacks are bloody expensive!

Oddjob187 on
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I got the Nuka Cola Quantum shipping orders from the factory. It says a shipment was sent to Old Olney.
    This place is god damn deathclaw central. Even with Psycho it takes 3 head shots from the sniper rifle to down these bastards. Also I haven't seen a single building I can enter, the only place is the sewer and I haven't found any Quantum. Am I missing something or is there really nothing here but death and rubble?

Joeslop on
This discussion has been closed.