As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Err... Foreskin issues?

• Options
    AndorienAndorien Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I had no idea there was ever a point where an uncircumsized person couldn't roll it back. I can't remember a time that I couldn't, it just seems like it was always this way.

Andorien on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    A-Rod wrote:
    Its not weird to have that, its like the thing under your tongue.

well how do i go about getting the skin to roll back with that thing? And you're right, it is like the thing on my tongue.

This is going to get complex without pictures or something. Basically, if you've rolled your foreskin fully back, your head should be pointing downwards more than straight outwards.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    PussumPussum Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreskin

Edit- NSFW, don't be immature. This is your body and this will give you a little insight if you aren't cut down there.

Also, sorry for no NSFW heads up.

Pussum on
    venomsigva5.png
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Pussum wrote:

Which is NSFW, most definitely.

Pictures of penises. Woo.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I am circumcized, and I'll tell you why I wouldn't go that route (or have it done to a son). Something in my circumcision process (or possibly the healing process) was performed incorrectly. So now a small part of my head is connected to the shaft via a sort of 'skin bridge.' What I mean is that instead of the head rounding off like normal, the upper edge of the back side of the head (on the top of my dong) connects to the skin on the shaft about a half-centimeter behind it. There is a hole under this skin, sort of like what you would get if you slid a pin through the top layer of your skin and out the other side, except in this case the skin above the hole is probably 4-5 millimeters thick. The hole itself is big enough that I coudl probably slide a DS stylus through it, like an african tribesman with long needles under his nose (this is not something I have done). Everything functions completely normally, but the skin connection pulls the head back a bit, so I believe that if it was severed I would gain a bit of length. I'm not about to do it myself or pay a doctor to do something so unnecessary, so it stays.

Now, as I said, everything is perfectly functional down there. However, without the circumcision there wouldn't be any reason to wonder in the first place. On the other hand, if my wife ever dies and I try to hook up with some crazy chick who's into piercings, I can convincingly argue for a highly unorthodox cock piercing, so I suppose there's an upside.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
  • Options
    NateVaderNateVader Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Nitsuj82 wrote:
    Sometimes I'm GLAD the Catholic church took the tip of my penis. Christ, that's some maintenance.

...what does the Catholic church have to do with it?

NateVader on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    kj01 wrote:
    I'm 18, by the way... so I guess a bit late when it comes to fully-retractable-ness. I have been noticing that it's getting easier, though.

Edit: You know what, I'm really of the opinion that Circumcized people shouldn't even be posting in this thread. You've never dealt with this situation, you never even had a choice in the matter!

THERE IS A LOT OF FEAR AND RASH JUDGMENTS IN THIS THREAD.

Firstly, you are uncircumcised....that's how we come out man, no need to be ashamed!

Secondly, as you manually retract the foreskin it will become easier and easier untill it does so almost naturally...there is no set age past which the foreskin can no longer be stretched.

Thirdly, that yellow stuff is NORMAL. It is called smegma and you can wash it out as you practice retracting the foreskin during showering. You are sensitive now because you have not been cleaning it out for a long time but you will get used to it.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU, PRACTICE GOOD HYGENE AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

And to everyone else, please inform yourselves.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2006
    Casket wrote:
    Circumcision really isn't that bad and it's way cleaner. Plus it's quickly becoming the standard. I recommend it.

Actually the US is very unusual in it's attitude to circumsision, but, being the US, seems to think that it sets the standard.

Tube on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm 18 and uncircumcised and retracting it when fully erect is still very hard (I've come close to, but it gets too tight.), but I'm working on it.

But yeah, make sure you wash it. Urine and semen both bunch up there even if you roll back (some remains and drips out when you get up), and it adds up.

Regarding sensitivity, when I first started rolling it back in the shower, it was too sensitive. Now it's not problem.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Casket wrote:
    Circumcision really isn't that bad and it's way cleaner. Plus it's quickly becoming the standard. I recommend it.

Actually the US is very unusual in it's attitude to circumsision, but, being the US, seems to think that it sets the standard.
    Not to mention that, other than religious reasons, there is no real reason to be circumsised rather than not.

As long as you clean yourself, it's perfectly ok.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    Chake99Chake99 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    :shock:

You're supposed to be able to roll that back? Shit.

Well thanks guys from bringing this up then I guess.

Chake99 on
    Hic Rhodus, Hic Salta.
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Chake99 wrote:
    :shock:

You're supposed to be able to roll that back? Shit.

EDIT: *squirms* that table that is linked to in the foreskin wikipedia article showing the different stages of foreskin in erection has to be the most disgusting thing I've yet seen. It looks like an alien worm coming out of some sort of tunnel.

How is that possibly natural?

Well thanks guys from bringing this up then I guess.

Right right, because nothing your born with could possibly be natural.

Edit: I started going on a long rant but I don't think this is the place...

Please...PLEASE...if you have problems with the uncircumcised body do not post them here, this is not the place. If we had a thread about someone with a little extra weight around their belly advocating shit like liposuction or surgery or bullemia would not be cool and this isn't either. This is an OP who is already potentially uncomfortable with his body and he doesn't need you adding to it.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Chake99 wrote:
    How is that possibly natural?
    o_O

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Chake99Chake99 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm young and immature, sorry if what I said could be found offensive.

Comment retracted.

Chake99 on
    Hic Rhodus, Hic Salta.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Can everyone please fucking shut up about whether or not they think uncircumcised penises look weird? It's not relevant and it's basically trolling.

Tube on
  • Options
    NoomNoom Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    It is just straight up smegma man, if you don't clean up refularily you get the cheese growing down there.
    It'll be sensitive as fuck for awhile so don't wash it under running water, it'll feel weird as hell and hurt like a bitch.
    Just hope in the bath, roll'er back and clean it in there on a regular basis until it is less sensitive, then you can start cleaning in the shower while you're letting the shampoo soak in.

Noom on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Just so no one freaks out too badly:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Accumulation of smegma can cause or aggravate a variety of irritations known as balanitis. Early medical studies such as those by Plaut, and Heins (1958) claimed that smegma accumulation led to the development of penile cancer, but more recent studies have disagreed.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • Options
    oniianoniian Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, what does the Catholic church have to do with it? I am Catholic and go to a Catholic university and the collection plate for foreskins has yet to come around to me. Do they collect them? :roll: Its not part of the tradition.

"At birth, the foreskin is usually still fused with the glans.[6] As childhood progresses the foreskin and the glans gradually separate, a process that may not be complete until the age of 17.[7] A Danish survey reported that average age of first foreskin retraction in Denmark is 10.4 years.[8] Wright argues that forcible retraction of the foreskin should be avoided and that the child himself should be the first one to retract his own foreskin[9] Premature retraction may be painful, and may result in infection."

Never knew that it was original fused with the rest of the package, thank god I had the foresight to keep my hands in pants from an early age, can't really remember when I couldn't roll it back. :lol:

By the way, you or anyone else here that can't roll it back should work on that because besides cleaning, assuming you haven't had sex yet, if you are going to have sex you will want to roll the foreskin back before using a condom. It’s recommended by condom manufactures and doctors alike.

For further information on the male anatomy please check
    http://www.adultswim.com/adultswimfix/ and click under the link dickesode.

oniian on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Nitsuj82 wrote:
    Christ, that's some maintenance.
    Yes, it's more work. However, that extra bit of skin is something like a couple tens of thousand of extra nerve endings. That's gotta be something of a benefit...

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    extra maintence? You mean 5 extra seconds in the shower every morning? Dear god... the... burden? Hmmmm, makes me wonder if you guys complain about having to wipe your ass everytime.

oniian on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    oniian wrote:
    extra maintence? You mean 5 extra seconds in the shower every morning? Dear god... the... burden? Hmmmm, makes me wonder if you guys complain about having to wipe your ass everytime.
    Deusfaux wrote:
    Nitsuj82 wrote:
    Sometimes I'm GLAD the Catholic church took the tip of my penis. Christ, that's some maintenance.

oh for fuck's sake, its as much effort as remembering to wash your asshole

looks like we're sorta retreading the same territory here by this point

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    tac0tac0 Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    Glaeal wrote:
    Casket wrote:

Not to mention that, other than religious reasons, there is no real reason to be circumsised rather than not.

As long as you clean yourself, it's perfectly ok.

Actualy, circumsision is falling off in the US as well, as people realize it's not needed and, in the long run, is more pleasurable. Sucks for puberty though, and you still have those women who think it's dirtier... that's not the foreskin's fault, it's the man's, lol.

tac0 on
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have a question about rolling it back...

are you sopossed to keep it rolled back during sex?

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006

Uh, have you ever had an erection?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

yeah...the skin doesn't get pulled back.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:

yeah...the skin doesn't get pulled back.

another myth dispelled ;) (i mean, im sure it happens to some guys)

re: sex, you dont have a choice. it'll be rolling back and forth during sex likely anyhow. its a nature built gliding action

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I CAN roll it back, allt he way. when erect though, the skin doesn't get pulled back unless i stretch it. Eventually working it it goes back but like are you sopossed to before sex?

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    im saying whatever you do prior to is not gonna matter, it getting rolled back is inevitable and part of the design

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    you are suppose to pull it back before putting a condom on, the friction like deusfaux suggest will pull it back for you when not using a condom. In fact letting the foreskin roll back and forth during masturbating adds more sensation and IMHO is more pleasurable then just letting the foreskin sit there.

oniian on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I CAN roll it back, allt he way. when erect though, the skin doesn't get pulled back unless i stretch it. Eventually working it it goes back but like are you sopossed to before sex?

you are not supposed to manually roll it back prior to getting an erection

Raneados on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Casket wrote:
    There is a line between "giving advice which may or may not be bad," and "saying things which are just plain wrong." You have crossed it.

This is so ridiculously wrong, it's not even funny.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FibretipFibretip Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Okay... two things...

1) I'm uncut and i never got mine to go all the way back until i was having regular intercourse and i guess that kinda stretched it... it was super uncomfortable for the first few weeks then just became the norm... I remember after my first couople of sessions it would be pushed right back and would take like 20 minutes to go back to normal. also in this measure you get used to the sensation of it being touched..so it becomes easier to wash it, when i first started having sex regularly i almost couldn't bear to touch it it was so sensetive so had to have baths all the time, but yeah... after a while it all becomes natural and normal, so all you 14y/os... don't fuss ;)

2) I have a 4 year old and he was having weird goop in his pants so we took him to the docs and asked about proper cleaning of his penis and the doctor told us that we should in no way try to pull his foreskin back for cleaning, that it isn't meant to be retracted until puberty, for some people that means 14/15 y/o... so basically, if it aint happening... don't worry, it will. don't force it, you'll just hurt yourself.

Fibretip on
    I believe in angels, not the kind with wings, no...not the kind with halos, the kind who bring you home
  • Options
    sleevysleevy Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    Ok this is all big news to me. I was reading this and kind of shocked about being able to pull the foreskin back. I am a virgin, and 23 :oops: so I read the stuff here and noticed i can get it back when its flacid its kind of uncomfortable but not enough where it hurts, but when erect it doesnt go back on its own.....nor can i really get it to.

Is this a mild case of phimosis? Is the foreskin supposed to just roll off when i get an erection? I know when you put the condom on it says roll the foreskin back, but its just not really possible for me.....help?

sleevy on
  • Options
    DynamiteKidDynamiteKid Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I tend to get stuff under there sometimes just because it's a hood of skin and you can end up with stuff being in there. You just need to clean it, I do that, and it's fine. As for in the shower, you don't need to run hot water on it, just clean it with a flannel or a wet tissue or something to get the crap out of there.

However, since it hurts, it probably is doctor time :shock:

DynamiteKid on
    NWA01-1.jpg
    www.rockmidgets.com
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    sleevy wrote:
    Ok this is all big news to me. I was reading this and kind of shocked about being able to pull the foreskin back. I am a virgin, and 23 :oops: so I read the stuff here and noticed i can get it back when its flacid its kind of uncomfortable but not enough where it hurts, but when erect it doesnt go back on its own.....nor can i really get it to.

Is this a mild case of phimosis? Is the foreskin supposed to just roll off when i get an erection? I know when you put the condom on it says roll the foreskin back, but its just not really possible for me.....help?

Over time it stretches if you're retracting it regularly.

Tube on
  • Options
    MartinMartin Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm sorry, what? This is rather ambiguous. It's NORMAL for the forskin to be attatched to the head by a strand of skin, correct? I mean, it starts at the underside of the penis and the strand (like the thing under your tongue) stops near the tip of the head.

If this isn't normal, than hm... I know that once I pull mine back far enough, the tension on that strand will hurt. Also, I've been having sex regularly for a long time, and can roll the foreskin down to under the head, but it's a bit uncomfortable...

I just wanted to clear this up, as I'm confused.

Martin on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    It sounds like you're talking about frenulum breve.
    Everything functions completely normally, but the skin connection pulls the head back a bit, so I believe that if it was severed I would gain a bit of length. I'm not about to do it myself or pay a doctor to do something so unnecessary, so it stays.
    Have you spoken to a doctor about this? It might not be causing problems now, but over time something like that may lead to the formation of scar tissue inside the shaft. I mean, you're probably not going to wind up with a gonzo-wang even if you live to be a hundred, but there's no sense in not bringing it up the next time you're in for a physical. Dudes can find even minor amount of scar tissue somewhat painful, and if you ever wind up with ED from something else, it can compound the problem.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    yeah..the skin doesn't roll back when i have an erection either. Does that peice of skin break off? I mean......shit...my dick is fucked up. thats great to know. thanks guys...

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    me too. :|

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    #14#14 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I can manually roll it back when I have an erection, but the head hurts like hell when I touch it.

#14 on
This discussion has been closed.