As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PHALLANOIA!²

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Do we get role pms before the start date?

M.D. on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    El Skid wrote: »
    LALALALA I DIDN'T READ THIS

Citizen, you seem to be posting above your security clearance.

I only know because a friend looked at what you posted and then said "AIEEEE IT'S GREEN AND I READ IT" and then dutifully shot himself for treason, in case you're wondering. I would never dream of looking at anything outside of the red or infrared spectrum, of course...

I'm reserving up in lime, which is completely different from signing up. Friend computer told me it was ok. You wouldn't doubt friend computer, now would you, Mr. Skid?

I'll allow Friend Computer to deal with you then. An alert troubleshooter always points out suspicious activity to Friend Computer, and posting above your security clearance is VERY suspicious.

What is a "Mist", by the way? I am BUT-R-Skid- perhaps you are thinking I'm from sector MST?
    Edit- I love paranoia <3

You are not the MST-R-Skid? Then I must ask the question, what are you doing so far from your designated troubleshooting zone? Your clearance doesn't allow you to travel to our MST-R area. Something seems fishy to me, I must inform the automated security at once.

You seem confused citizen. MST sector is one of many in Alpha Complex, and is where this clone was first activated. I can only assume the MST-R sector would be a red clearance sector, which I am clearly allowed to enter as I am now a red clearance citizen.

This is most troubling, citizen. If I were you I would head to the nearest confession booth and pour your obviously heavy heart out to friend computer, and ask what you should do next!

El Skid on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you cleared to give other citizens advice, citizen?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you cleared to be asking such questions, citizen?

edit: lol recursion

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Are you cleared to give other citizens advice, citizen?

That knowledge may well be above my security clearance. But it might not be.

El Skid on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It is refreshing to see such vigilance nonetheless! Hot Fun for everyone!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    (walks down the hallway, with his hands raised.)

I know nothing. I hear nothing. I see nothing.

I am happy!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !signup Power

If I don't get the clearance to play, I blame Squashua and his mutant tamperings.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Crap, I hope I didn't miss the Signup - Tech

But I think I did.

Put me down though! I love paranoia.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, I feel like I should probably give up my seat to someone who appreciates Paranoia more than I do. I've never actually played the game, so I don't have as personal of a connection to it. I've found that these games are particularly fun for people when the theme rings a chord with them too.

Computer, I'll !Renig my seat to one of the reserves. (I should be working instead of Phalla playing all day anyways =) It's better this way.)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hmm, I feel like I should probably give up my seat to someone who appreciates Paranoia more than I do. I've never actually played the game, so I don't have as personal of a connection to it. I've found that these games are particularly fun for people when the theme rings a chord with them too.

Computer, I'll !Renig my seat to one of the reserves. (I should be working instead of Phalla playing all day anyways =) It's better this way.)

Shutup, play. I order you to.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I wanna grudge lady eri.

M.D. on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Lady Eri wrote: »

The ultimate grudge would be to keep you alive and force us to help us ! mu hahahahhhaha :twisted:

Egos on
  • Options
    The ComputerThe Computer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Due to mandatory demand exceeding expectations, troubleshooting promotions have been expanded to accommodate up to 65 candidates. Please remember to include work history.

As a result, troubleshooter VThornheart will not be released from this candidate pool.

The Computer on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hooray! For the service of friend computer, I Sign up! R&D.

This time in red!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hooray for the friend computer! More help in promoting our cause!

Maximus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Due to mandatory demand exceeding expectations, troubleshooting promotions have been expanded to accommodate up to 65 candidates. Please remember to include work history.

As a result, troubleshooter VThornheart will not be released from this candidate pool.

Okay, okay, I'll stick around then... I've got to train myself to not spend so much time during work hours peeking back in here though. I've been really, REALLY bad about that the past week, and I've got to cut it out. =)=)

If you guys see me posting more than a couple of times during daytime hours, smack me upside the head and tell me to shut up and get to work. =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    !signup CPU if there's still room!

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Obbi <3

M.D. on
  • Options
    dawningphoenixdawningphoenix Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This time in red!

I hear that red is the color of commie traitors, Stew. Are you a commie?

edit: I, of course, would have no knowledge of any such deviant and un-fun activity.

dawningphoenix on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

This time in red!

edit: I, of course, would have no knowledge of any such deviant and un-fun activity.

Well, I originally wanted to sign up in lime; however, friend computer gave me a direct order to sign up in red. I do not question the almighty friend computer, it giveth and taketh away. Now if you truly want to question someone, why not start with yourself? When you think of a phoenix, what comes to mind? Fire, which brings to mind destruction and the color red. Both are the trademark of communists. Signing up is one thing, but your name just screams communist.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

This time in red!

Well, I originally wanted to sign up in lime; however, friend computer gave me a direct order to sign up in red. I do not question the almighty friend computer, it giveth and taketh away. Now if you truly want to question someone, why not start with yourself? When you think of a phoenix, what comes to mind? Fire, which brings to mind destruction and the color red. Both are the trademark of communists. Signing up is one thing, but your name just screams communist.

To be clear, you both seem to possess an unnerving amount of knowledge beyond your clearance. In addition, I find it odd that you don't know that your own clearance level is red. If you tried to use green, you were clearly accessing above your clearance, and thus, committing treason.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would never, never try to access anything beyond my clearance level. That being said, it's pretty clear to most people now that I have access to lime clearance. I'll put it this way, FA, you're clearly trying to smear the character of a lime clearance troubleshooter. This probably says more about you than it does me.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    dawningphoenixdawningphoenix Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

This time in red!

To be clear, you both seem to possess an unnerving amount of knowledge beyond your clearance. In addition, I find it odd that you don't know that your own clearance level is red. If you tried to use green, you were clearly accessing above your clearance, and thus, committing treason.

I am fully aware that Friend Computer saw fit to promote me to Red Clearance.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I intend to go eat my apple.

dawningphoenix on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would never, never try to access anything beyond my clearance level. That being said, it's pretty clear to most people now that I have access to lime clearance. I'll put it this way, FA, you're clearly trying to smear the character of a lime clearance troubleshooter. This probably says more about you than it does me.

Now Stew, you know that I wouldn't desire to put you in a bad position. You're one of my loyalist troubleshooting allies. I'm just saying.

Friend Computer might have something to say if Friend Computer finds out that you're claiming Green clearance if you're actually Red Clearance.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »

Now Stew, you know that I wouldn't desire to put you in a bad position. You're one of my loyalist troubleshooting allies. I'm just saying.

Friend Computer might have something to say if Friend Computer finds out that you're claiming Green clearance if you're actually Red Clearance.

Oh I know, we're both extremely loyal to friend computer.

All I'm saying is that telling Friend Computer that I'm a lime clearance troubleshooter is telling Friend Computer something that Friend Computer already knows. Friend Computer is extremely busy, so it's probably best to not tell him.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !Signup Power

Darian on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So uh, midnight start has been revised to be tomorrow evening. I'm gonna go get superdrunk.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    go have fun ebm

Egos on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    So uh, midnight start has been revised to be tomorrow evening. I'm gonna go get superdrunk.

Lucky...

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I suppose we should remind Romantic Undead, Abysmal Lynx, delroland, and Lady Eri to verify their service groups?

Spreadsheet

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    According to Red Clearance information:

12 R&D
    9 CPU
    8 PLC
    7 HPD&MC
    11 Power
    9 Tech
    4 unassigned

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh man, you guys. All this talk of red has me super-psyched (within Friend Computer's suggested parameters, of course) about this mind-control business. Who wants mindless entertainment? Oh, who am I kidding? We all do!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    !Reserve HPD&MC
    I MISSED IT

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I MISSED IT

NO YOU HAVEN'T. You are Troubleshooter 61 out of a maximum of 65 to sign up.

Friend Computer must have a reason for cutting off the visible list of team members to the first 50. But rest assured that there are another 15 slots that are not currently visible.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you sure you're privvy to that knowledge friend troublespreadsheeter?

Oats on
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Ahh, in that case, may Friend Computer be so gracious to switch me to R&D or Tech Services?

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oats wrote: »
    Are you sure you're privvy to that knowledge friend troublespreadsheeter?

I have brought this to the attention of the citizen in question in the past. Friend computer has been notified that the citizen might be above his clearance level.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Duly noted.

Thank you blood-red friend.

Oats on