As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are you blazed?

ThisThis Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Simple question. Further analysis to follow.

This on

• Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What does that even mean, like on fire?

James on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm blasé.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »

I'm thinking he means high

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Like some euphemism for being excited? For the election?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Telling people how ______ you are right now
    Unless your mom is posting on these boards, nobody fucking cares how drunk, high, tired, or depressed you are. You'll get at least jailed for this.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm blasé.

And if you are now blasé, it's safe to say that at some point in the past, you were blaséd.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Like some euphemism for being excited? For the election?

Oh, yeah, I'm really excited. I hope Obama wins.

James on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm blasé.

And if you are now blasé, it's safe to say that at some point in the past, you were blaséd.

I have been told that I am bourgeois

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Unless your mom is posting on these boards, nobody fucking cares how drunk, high, tired, or depressed you are. You'll get at least jailed for this.

I'm not trying to impress anyone. Conversation with other high people can be very fun, I thought I'd see what it was like on forums.

This on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This is the biggest erection ever!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DerLustigeBosniakDerLustigeBosniak Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    420, smoke weed errrvreday.

No, seriously kids, don't do the drugs.

DerLustigeBosniak on
    sig-3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'm not trying to impress anyone. Conversation with other high people can be very fun, I thought I'd see what it was like on forums.

No, this topic has been attempted many a time, and never ends well.

Also your av is slightly NSFW.

James on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    I'm: not a pothead.

20031013h.gif
    Tycho wrote:
    Despite any ribbing we may have given the series, we're both pretty big Resident Evil fans - solved each one, and lined up happily to buy them again when the fancy versions arrived for the Cube. We're even excited about Resident Evil Outbreak, a multiplayer variation on the game. But when we imagine the sorts of conversations one might have with strangers while playing it, it becomes difficult to maintain that enthusiasm.

So, Max Payne will be out the fifteenth - really, really out, not "It Will Be Out" and then released half-way into next year. As a person who has internalized disappointment so deeply, the idea that the hype machine only just got underway and now we'll actually have it sounds like a communique from another dimension. I've devoured every interview and every video, new trailer included, and it looks as though Remedy has a judo hold on what a sequel should represent. All I really wanted was a more responsive environment, and they've done it, so I guess they win. Like the shattered bodies in Soldier of Fortune 2, I want bullets - even stray bullets - to matter in game space. It looks like they're using Havok, as Painkiller does, and the results are nothing short of aromatic. We certainly goofed around with Max Payne's gritty monologue style, but as I say in the post for that day I actually did enjoy it. Taking on a romance element as they've done with the sequel, that's pretty ballsy in my opinion. I'll be out of town on the fifteenth, most likely pining for the game.

The first two pages - well, the cover and a page - are up for our five-page Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon comic. Please check it out, if you have a moment - and I'll let you know when they put up the other pages.

There was a new Call of Duty demo available this weekend, Dawnville it was called, but now it's gone and you can't get it anymore. I popped back to the desktop for a bit at the LAN party I was at, apparently in the brief window the game was available, and had no trouble getting my hands on it - it's great, like the other one is great, at any rate that's not why I brought it up. The reason Gabe went over to Spokane at all was to show his Grandfather - a man who has never discussed his experience in World War II - the original Call of Duty demo, and talk to him about his reaction to it. I have to admit, there is a part of me that has always wanted authorization from that generation to play these games, set as they are in their private definition of hell.

Gabe is coming back from Spokane today, he might discuss the Crouching Tiger stuff or he might not, but I know that he had a great time at Merlyn's on Saturday. He had planned to stay there for about an hour, but it ended up taking around three or so to get out all the sketches it sounds like. Typically I am the Social Interface for Penny Arcade, and it might not have looked it but doing that event was pretty brave in Gabriel terms. I have a sneaking suspicion that he did it because he thought no-one would show up.

(CW)TB out.

you say the coast is clear
    but you say that all the time

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.