As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC Secret Santa Signup 2008!

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm extremely easy to please, so if you picked any one thing off my list I'd be ecstatic.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Pretty much any color scheme that isn't poo colored.
    Character(s): Severian, Iron Fist, Avatar, Bond, spy (TF2)
    Movies/TV/Books: Shoot'em Up/Futurama/Shadow and Claw
    Games: Any valve games (TF2, portal, HL), Zeldas, Warcraft, starcraft, bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Fable (1&2), Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect.
    Animals: bats, and anything else that kicks ass.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: MC Escher, Coro, graphic design, TF2 art

||Other||
    General interests: Martial arts, photography, hip hop (underground mainly, but overall culture), laser beams.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: me
    Link Avatar/persona character: My avatar.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Prospicience (my avatar)!

My myspace for more info Myspace I've got facebook too, if you're part of the PA group I'm in that (Lee)

Prospicience on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    alllllright.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: brown and green
    Character(s): all of the tf2 characters, old 50's style characters
    Movies/TV/Books: fables, arrested development
    Games: TF2, WoW
    Animals: beavers and birds (hehehehehhe)
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Ragnar, Mary Blair

||Other||
    General interests: music, doodling, video games.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: ugh don't draw me. but here: http://frank05.critter.net/images/pics/beavotronid.jpg
    Link Avatar/persona character: http://frank05.critter.net/images/old/yummy.jpg
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Beavotron!

beavotron on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've thought about joining in with this, but you're all amazing artists, and I'd feel a bit dumb and useless cos I can only copy pictures, so i don't know if i should sign up. Also, I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but how does the santee get the picture? Do i just take a photo of it and email it? or do I post it to them?, and can I have someone who doesn't want a picture of zombies or murderous baddies if i sign up?

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think most people are pretty open as to what they would like, and yes you take a photo and email it to [email protected]

I am not ultra creative but I am still going to participate, I don't think everyone is looking for the most original piece of artwork ever necesarily.

You should definitely join in!

rts on
  • JohnTWMJohnTWM Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    lol, my join date is august 2nd :D Oh well, I couldn't do anything good anyway 8-)

JohnTWM on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    LPs Mom, If you get someone who fills out the form of interests, you'll probably find something that is easy to find a reference of.

I should probably do this before I forget:
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Warm colors
    TV: Venture Bros, Survivor man, ATHF, Shin chan, Billy and Mandy, Chowder, Flapjack
    Games: Katamari, Zelda, Fable,
    Animals: Wolves, akitas, Dragons, Tigers
    Artist: Toulouse Lautrec

||Other||
    General interests: Games, computers, Organic forms.
    Link Avatar/persona character: link!
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of):link!

Iruka on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Big fan of black and white, but really any color scheme is fine.
    Character(s): Robots are pretty damn awesome.
    Movies/TV: Sci-fi stuff, stargate, etc... The Venture Brothers, ATHF, Harvey Birdman, Space Ghost... you get the idea...
    Games: Dawn of War, Mass Effect, Halo, Warhammer 40,000
    Animals: Frogs are kinda neat.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Adrian Smith is my all time favorite.

||Other||
    General interests: Gaming, Metal, and arts.
    Link Photograph/self portraits:Me.
    Link Avatar/persona character: See above.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Not any to speak of.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OK, here goes, then:

||Favourites||
    Colour: I love red and sparkly stuff
    Colour scheme: warm tones, or blues/greens
    Character(s): Dr. Who, 'cept he's not a character, he's real!
    Movies/TV: Matrices are my favourite films ever.
    Games: Braid, World of Goo, Aquaria, Portal are the only games I've played by myself, but I've watched Lewie play lots of others.
    Animals: don't really like them, but the wolf in Okami is pretty
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I love the Braid artwork, I really love pre-raphaelite paintings

||Other||
    General interests: painting, reading, crafty things that you can make.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: never done any
    Link Avatar/persona character:
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): I don't know, but I know what I don't like: GTA style; images of ridiculously silicone enhanced women; gore.

Hope this helps!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • RandomActionRandomAction Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm in, do you actually need to be a recipent or can you just give?

RandomAction on
    [SIGPIC]http://random2action.com[/SIGPIC]
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wow you must think we all suck!

rts on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2008

I can always arrange for people to fill in if anybody bails. Last year the turnout was pretty outstanding, only 2 people didn't do anything.

bombardier on
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, I hope I don't get Beavotron.

She's icky.

NotASenator on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Robotic beavers are what dreams are made of.

earthwormadam on
    edited November 2008
    dreams

of ickyness

NotASenator on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I really enjoy reds, as well as greens but red mostly.
    Character(s): Any of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure pro- and antagonists; people who pilot giant fighting robots with style; Superman, Captain America, other superheroes who are just nice guys and kick ass; Ash (from the Evil Dead); Hellboy and his supporting cast; basically cool guys and gals. Honestly there's too fucking many to properly list.
    Movies/TV: Giant fighting robot cartoons, Pixar movies, Miyazaki movies, James Bond movies, Indiana Jones movies, Star Wars, Genndy Tartakovky shows, Terminator movies, Kurt Russel movies, the Sam & Max cartoon, more movies. Again, too damn many to name.
    Games: Psychonauts, Half-Life 2, Portal, Zelda, Mario, No More Heroes, Psychonauts, Metal Slug, Sam & Max, Psychonauts.
    Animals: Kitties. Kitties are cool.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I like all kinds of stuff. I like Jack Kirby, Go Nagai, Frank Quitely, Gabe, Steve Purcell, Mike Mignola, Hirohiko Araki, more. I especially enjoy really dynamic art with distinctive visual styles, something that really shows who drew it.

||Other||
    General interests: Animation, comics, games.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: It's me! I should probablyreplace this with a better picture.
    Link Avatar/persona character: It's Spex!
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Spex, Punch-Boy and Kick-Girl, Kilgore Jones (wrench guy) Maxine Terror (rocker woman), Ron Rackham (squinty dude) and Ted Thunder (Robot).

Spectre-x on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I really enjoy reds, as well as greens but red mostly.
    Character(s): Any of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure pro- and antagonists; people who pilot giant fighting robots with style; Superman, Captain America, other superheroes who are just nice guys and kick ass; Ash (from the Evil Dead); Hellboy and his supporting cast; basically cool guys and gals. Honestly there's too fucking many to properly list.
    Movies/TV: Giant fighting robot cartoons, Pixar movies, Miyazaki movies, James Bond movies, Indiana Jones movies, Star Wars, Genndy Tartakovky shows, Terminator movies, Kurt Russel movies, the Sam & Max cartoon, more movies. Again, too damn many to name.
    Games: Psychonauts, Half-Life 2, Portal, Zelda, Mario, No More Heroes, Psychonauts, Metal Slug, Sam & Max, Psychonauts.
    Animals: Kitties. Kitties are cool.
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I like all kinds of stuff. I like Jack Kirby, Go Nagai, Frank Quitely, Gabe, Steve Purcell, Mike Mignola, Hirohiko Araki, more. I especially enjoy really dynamic art with distinctive visual styles, something that really shows who drew it.

||Other||
    General interests: Animation, comics, games.
    Link Photograph/self portraits: It's me! I should probablyreplace this with a better picture.
    Link Avatar/persona character: It's Spex!
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Spex, Punch-Boy and Kick-Girl, Kilgore Jones (wrench guy) Maxine Terror (rocker woman), Ron Rackham (squinty dude) and Ted Thunder (Robot).

Man, I wish I could do this thing.

Tam on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Uhm, I really like pastel colors! Really, just soft colors (but anything is fine)
    Character(s): Sheesh, i dunno!
    Movies/TV: Pans Labyrinth, Any Coen Bros film, Dr. Strangelove, 2001, The Office, and more!
    Games: I really like the MGS games! and Fallout is good! and Blizzard stuff! and a lot more!
    Animals: puppies and kitties :'D
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: I like a lot of art, really! (just not like, cubism, or modern art, though)

||Other||
    General interests: Drawing! Photography! Videogames! Sleeping! Other Stuff!
    Link Photograph/self portraits: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/Projeck37/hhh.png
    Link Avatar/persona character: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/Projeck37/ballin.png (yoyo not usually there! but whatever!)
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): this guy!

if its cool, I'll probably like it! a lot!

Projeck on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Basically, I have no clue what to write down below, so I'll sum it up. I dont really care what I get. Just make sure its totally bad ass, brawler, epic, evil, creepy and perhaps involves robots in some way. Preferably something that it not too happy cheery or any of that other wimpy stuff.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I like colors that can convey mood.
    Character(s): Ninja turtles, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls, Skull monsters, IDK
    Movies/TV:
    Games:
    Animals: Monsters
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre:

||Other||
    General interests: basically monsters, creepy stuff
    Link Photograph/self portraits: There is my avatar I guess, and a few self P's in my thread.
    Link Avatar/persona character: Dont really have one.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): Anything in my sketchbook thread.

I hope some of this helps, because IDK.

Sublimus on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why hasn't Grifter signed up?

NibCrom on
    edited November 2008
    He doesn't draw any more.

Tam on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Really, I’m easy to please. I like pictures that are imaginative and make me feel happy, but things of a more badass quality are also appreciated. Just have fun :)

I will fill out the thingy too though.

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: I like blue and green, but any colors would be super
    Movies/TV: Fantasia, V for Vendetta, The Prestige, Fight Club, Tim Burton films, Wall-E
    Games: Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Portal, Bust a Move, Professor Layton
    Animals: yes! I like animals a lot, even arthropods.

||Other||
    General interests: videogames, art, kuk sool, writing, BIOLOGY (I’m basically a huge nerd, and I love brains)
    Link Photograph/self portraits: here's me, and here's me with the boy looking classy.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of):Sir Blubblesby (a delightfully blunderous and fat walrus with helpful penguin underlings). I realized everything I have made of him has been given to the boy, so I sketched him up really quickly.

lyrium on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm in! I think this is my fourth time.

And some help for the Santa:

||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: muted colors
    Character(s): Tank Girl
    Movies/TV: now digging the new bond movies
    Animals: cats
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Jason Chan, Luke Kopycinski, Mucha

||Other||
    General interests: drawing girls and comics, listening to music
    Link Photograph/self portraits: Something quite recent
    Link Avatar/persona character: For how I draw my self you can check out my blog

no_toast on
  • PandiosPandios Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Have fun to all those that participate. I don't draw very well..I'll just have to practice for next year!

Pandios on
    Pokemon Diamond FC: 2535 0092 4159

BRAWL: 4768-7107-9123
    edited November 2008
    bombardier wrote: »

I can always arrange for people to fill in if anybody bails. Last year the turnout was pretty outstanding, only 2 people didn't do anything.

Can we just give to the thread in the spirit of holiday cheer, or would that have to be a separate thread?

Tam on
    edited November 2008
    You can give to the thread, sure! It's been done in the past!

bombardier on
  • ShinpugShinpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Count me in.

Shinpug on
    yoshicon.gif
    edited November 2008
    Holy shit it's Shinpug.

Tam on
  • ShinpugShinpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Holy Shit!

Shinpug on
    yoshicon.gif
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shit in a hole its Shinpug!

earthwormadam on
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ||Favorites||
    Color or Color scheme: Purples, blues, greens
    Character(s): THOR, Captain America
    Movies/TV: Arrested Development, Firefly, Heroes
    Games: WoW (Shaman, Alliance) and Warhammer Online (Warrior Priests)
    Animals: St. Bernards, turtles, birds, elephants
    Painting, Artist, or Art genre: Andrew Hussie(hee), Jen Wang, Mary Blair, Mike Krahulik, Bryan Lee O'Malley. I love the look of watercolors.

||Other||
    General interests: Marvel comics, video games, vikings, humor, poop jokes, coffee, food, people getting punched
    Link Photograph/self portraits: http://meltingdoll.com/images/morfeoshow/sample_galle-5360/big/meltingdoll2.jpg
    Link Avatar/persona character: My avatar is me.
    Original Characters (of whom you wouldn't mind redesigns or fanart of): I'm original and don't really have any. But any references to me marrying/stalking/obsessing over AoB are hilarious.

I'll keep editing as I think of more. (:

melting_doll on
  • PandiosPandios Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really want to do this. I'll do it. But because I am not too confident, I will just give! I like to give anyways.

Pandios on
    Pokemon Diamond FC: 2535 0092 4159

BRAWL: 4768-7107-9123
    edited November 2008
    Names should be sent off tomorrow. Grifter is going to be handling the matching and receiving/posting (but using the OP email).

bombardier on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2008
    NibCrom wrote: »

I agreed to handle the name assignments this year since bombsy did it last year and knew who was drawing for him. This year he wants to participate and be surprised. I might do a little something outside of the secret santas. We'll see.

Grifter on
    edited November 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

I agreed to handle the name assignments this year since bombsy did it last year and knew who was drawing for him. This year he wants to participate and be surprised. I might do a little something outside of the secret santas. We'll see.

Grif, you still draw? I thought you abandoned such pointless endeavors for booze, sex, and adventure on the high seas.

Tam on
  • sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ooooo this is exciting! I'm going to hoho it up!

Prospicience on
  • SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ho - HO! This is exciting. I'm waaaay too curious as to who got me. As for who I got, here's hoping you'll like it!

Sublimus on
  • Secret SantaSecret Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HO HO HO!

All e-mails have been sent out, children! I'll be sending out PM's too just to make sure all my little darlings know who they're providing gifts.

HO HO HO!

Secret Santa on
    edited November 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

bombsy knew and still managed to forget about me afterwards.

NotASenator on
    edited November 2008
    I didn't know you drew!

bombardier on
This discussion has been closed.