Options

Sarah Palin: She could have been your freaking VP

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    kildy wrote: »
    Alaska doesn't do appointments to senate seats.

What do they do instead?

Special Election in 90 days. Which Palin could run in.
    ed
    And the Republican purge expands to the internet.

Oh RedState, will you ever stop unintentionally amusing us?

You know it kills them that they are always described as the Republican kos.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

What do they do instead?

apparently once some governor appointed her niece or something which was too much even for Alaska

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

What do they do instead?

apparently once some governor appointed her niece or something which was too much even for Alaska

daughter. And that was the Governor (Murkowski) that Palin replaced.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    EmanonEmanon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I've been ghosting these forums for some time and have seen many hate filled threads regarding Sarah Palin.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

What do they do instead?

I think there was also something horribly wrong with her, mentally speaking.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    ReleRele Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PantsB wrote: »

What do they do instead?

Special Election in 90 days. Which Palin could run in.

Oh PLEAAAASE!

I'd be happy as a schoolgirl on christmas morning. With the chucklefest that was Ted Stevens, we can't let Alaska become anything other then America's punchline.

Rele on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Emanon wrote: »
    I've been ghosting these forums for some time and have seen many hate filled threads regarding Sarah Palin.
    She's unabashedly ignorant, what do you want? Some people are deserving of fervent dislike.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I'm... not sure where you're going with this. There's probably a reason why we hate Sarah Palin.

urahonky on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    They voted for Ted because when (not if) he is expelled from the Senate, Sarah Palin will step down as governor, then be appointed to his seat by her (ex) lieutenant governor.

Also, he's sent billions of dollars to Alaska. They love the federal cash.

Fixed.

Would that not be awesome?

People were wondering if the Daily Show would be less funny now that there is a whole lot less crazy. But that would awesome. Every time she speaks, its comedy GOLD.

It would be akin to dropping a minnow into a shark tank.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Doc wrote: »
    You guys realize that about a fifth of adult Americans don't know that the Earth goes around the Sun, right? Around a quarter don't know that the US was originally part of England.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/new-poll-gauges-americans-general-knowledge-levels.aspx

All I'm trying to say is that the Africa thing is pretty believable if you set your bar to the realistic level of education in the US.

Yes, but I'd like to think that the bar for A) college graduates B) governors and C) anybody who would even be considered for Vice President is higher than that. Even eliminating C. Fuck, even eliminating B.

Yes, the median of the US population is pretty stupid. The median of the college-educated population is less stupid, though, and the median of college educated governors is pretty smart. You can't compare Palin to the average American.

And yeah, I know her college performance, based on what information saw the light of day, is pretty weak. But she still graduated, which means statistically she's significantly less likely to be functionally retarded.

I know she's dumb. Especially compared to anybody we'd consider to be our leader. But I just have a hard time accepting that she'd get where she is, even with how fucked up Alaska politics and the electorate in general can be, if she was that dumb.

Maybe she bribed her professors with sex and money to graduate.
    She may be broke, but she's not flat busted.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

To be fair, she is a horrible human being.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OK, that's not fair. He probably knows the Earth goes round the sun. But I'd give him 50/50 on whether or not he knows his country was once part of England.

HIS country?

Texas was never part of england.
    I admit I'm not fully up to date on North-American history, but I do believe Texas's determined bid for independence ultimately failed and the region was absorbed into what would become (or already was? I'm not sure) the USA.

So I hesitate to call Texas a country. :P

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am going to have a hearty laugh if the republican party more or less crucifies Palin now.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mcdermott wrote: »
    You guys realize that about a fifth of adult Americans don't know that the Earth goes around the Sun, right? Around a quarter don't know that the US was originally part of England.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/3742/new-poll-gauges-americans-general-knowledge-levels.aspx

All I'm trying to say is that the Africa thing is pretty believable if you set your bar to the realistic level of education in the US.

Yes, but I'd like to think that the bar for A) college graduates B) governors and C) anybody who would even be considered for Vice President is higher than that. Even eliminating C. Fuck, even eliminating B.

Yes, the median of the US population is pretty stupid. The median of the college-educated population is less stupid, though, and the median of college educated governors is pretty smart. You can't compare Palin to the average American.

And yeah, I know her college performance, based on what information saw the light of day, is pretty weak. But she still graduated, which means statistically she's significantly less likely to be functionally retarded.

I know she's dumb. Especially compared to anybody we'd consider to be our leader. But I just have a hard time accepting that she'd get where she is, even with how fucked up Alaska politics and the electorate in general can be, if she was that dumb.

Maybe she bribed her professors with sex and money to graduate.
    She may be broke, but she's not flat busted.

You've got your comma in the wrong place. Or, more correctly, you've got it in the right place, but her shirt does not.
    6a00d834521bc369e200e554ea51a28834-320wi

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

But shouldn't more be expected from our leaders?

More should be expected from everyone, our leaders especially so. I'm not arguing that she's not an idiot. I'm pointing out that there are a lot of idiots.
    I guarantee you almost all, if not all, of the 20% of the people who said geocentric were doing so just to fuck with the pollster. That is the first thing taught in any science class.

US being part of England is a bit more believable, but even still, basic history classes talk about that a lot, even if less so than the Indians and the Civil War.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am going to have a hearty laugh if the republican party more or less crucifies Palin now.

She's getting simultaneously crucified and canonized by various factions of the GOP.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    You've got your comma in the wrong place. Or, more correctly, you've got it in the right place, but her shirt does not.
    6a00d834521bc369e200e554ea51a28834-320wi

My god the irony.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    necroSYS wrote: »
    Yar wrote: »
    "When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed," Biden told Couric. "He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'"

Be honest. If Palin had said that stream of nonsense you guys would have been raging about it.

I'm failing to see how that's a dumb thing to say unless Roosevelt really did only talk about princes of greed at that point. Either way why wouldn't talking about what happened be a good thing? And how is it comparable to refusing to condemn people who vote on healthcare issues with pipe-bombs?

It was dumb because Roosevelt gave a radio address, not a televised one. Surprised you don't remember this brouhaha when it happened.

They're politicians. They wouldn't be in the job if they didn't say dumbass shit once in a while.

Barack Obama:

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died, an entire town destroyed."
    12 people died in the tornado, not 10000

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon."
    Obama is not on the Senate Banking Committee

"Let me be absolutely clear: Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."

On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes - and I see many of them in the audience here today - our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

on trailing in Kentucky: “Senator Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.”
    Kentucky, which borders Illinois, is not closer to Arkansas than his state.

“We only have a certain number of [translators], and if they are all in Iraq then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.”
    Iraqis and Afghanis don't speak the same language.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    OK, that's not fair. He probably knows the Earth goes round the sun. But I'd give him 50/50 on whether or not he knows his country was once part of England.

HIS country?

Texas was never part of england.
    I admit I'm not fully up to date on North-American history, but I do believe Texas's determined bid for independence ultimately failed and the region was absorbed into what would become (or already was? I'm not sure) the USA.

So I hesitate to call Texas a country. :P

I am pretty sure that Princton is in the same country as say, Houston.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    There's a difference between SAYING dumb shit, and BELIEVING dumb shit. I think that's what we're getting at.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    BubbaT wrote: »
    “We only have a certain number of [translators], and if they are all in Iraq then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.”
    Iraqis and Afghanis don't speak the same language.

Yeah, but they're the only people who bothered to learn another language in the first place, so they can go the extra mile.

Also, I meant NOT in the same country.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    EmanonEmanon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm... not sure where you're going with this. There's probably a reason why we hate Sarah Palin.

Lots of threads, lots of hate. That's my point.

Emanon on
    Treats Animals Right!
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So you came in to tell us that you've noticed we don't like her? Awesome!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    BubbaT wrote: »
    "Let me be absolutely clear: Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."

Dude that one's true.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

She's getting simultaneously crucified and canonized by various factions of the GOP.

I hope they use a real cannon.

Screamline on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

More should be expected from everyone, our leaders especially so. I'm not arguing that she's not an idiot. I'm pointing out that there are a lot of idiots.
    I guarantee you almost all, if not all, of the 20% of the people who said geocentric were doing so just to fuck with the pollster. That is the first thing taught in any science class.

US being part of England is a bit more believable, but even still, basic history classes talk about that a lot, even if less so than the Indians and the Civil War.

I live in one of the most literate (#2) and educated (#1) cities in the US, so you'd think it would be easy to look down from an Ivory Tower. Even so, there are a surprising number of people who don't know really basic stuff around here. I used to work in customer service. :P

Doc on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I don't buy the earth/sun deal. I read it as 19% of people fucked up and circled the wrong answer or misunderstood the question.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    While I absolutely hated her during the election and campaigning... and did believe she was a moron...

... After reading a couple pages of this topic, I'm honestly starting to feel sorry for her, if only slightly. Ruthless comments in great numbers do seem a bit unfair when she isn't her to defend herself...

Don't get me wrong though, I dislike her to the fullest and agree with 90% of what's being said... but I guess my apathy kicked in for a moment... and had I made a number of stupid decisions public, I'd feel pretty horrible if I were being blamed for costing someone an entire election, and plastered all over TV and the Internet.

Just my two cents :|

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Delzhand wrote: »

I don't buy the earth/sun deal. I read it as 19% of people fucked up and circled the wrong answer or misunderstood the question.
    So still dumb, then.

Doc on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So you came in to tell us that you've noticed we don't like her? Awesome!

I've noticed there's a lot of blue and grey in these forums.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    While I absolutely hated her during the election and campaigning... and did believe she was a moron...

... After reading a couple pages of this topic, I'm honestly starting to feel sorry for her, if only slightly. Ruthless comments in great numbers do seem a bit unfair when she isn't her to defend herself...

Don't get me wrong though, I dislike her to the fullest and agree with 90% of what's being said... but I guess my apathy kicked in for a moment... and had I made a number of stupid decisions public, I'd feel pretty horrible if I were being blamed for costing someone an entire election, and plastered all over TV and the Internet.

I think the keyword here is: Number. If you did one or two, you can be forgiven. But man... She just kept bringing the stupid. It hurt McCain more than helped him.

I really don't feel sorry for her. The more videos I watch of her talking and acting like she's better than those people in the "un-american" states just irritates the shit out of me.

urahonky on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So still dumb, then.

What? No.

"You think the sun goes around the earth?"
    "No, that's retarded."
    "But that's what you answered on this survey."
    "Let me see that. Oh, so I did. Can I change it? I mean, this is obvious."
    "No."

If you think that making a dumb mistake once in a while make a person dumb, well... how's the view from the ivory tower?

Maybe I'm wrong. God, I hope people aren't actually that dumb. I just have a hard time believing it.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I think the keyword here is: Number. If you did one or two, you can be forgiven. But man... She just kept bringing the stupid. It hurt McCain more than helped him.

I really don't feel sorry for her. The more videos I watch of her talking and acting like she's better than those people in the "un-american" states just irritates the shit out of me.

Hm, for some reason an image of her in my mind of her saying "Ayers" in her Alaskan accent dissolved some of the apathy.

I guess she did have that "higher than thou" attitude... the entire "Ter'rist" views she had on Obama were pretty angering.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Hm, for some reason an image of her in my mind of her saying "Ayers" in her Alaskan accent dissolved some of the apathy.

I guess she did have that "higher than thou" attitude... the entire "Ter'rist" views she had on Obama were pretty angering.

Absolutely. And she did that the entire campaign. I was going to cry if she had been the VP.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

So still dumb, then.

What? No.

"No, that's retarded."
    "No."

If you think that making a dumb mistake once in a while make a person dumb, well... how's the view from the ivory tower?

Maybe I'm wrong. God, I hope people aren't actually that dumb. I just have a hard time believing it.

Consider this: how many people do you think can accurately describe why it is cold in the winter and warm in the summer. Because I'll bet you good money that more people will say "because we are further from the sun."

Doc on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

I live in one of the most literate (#2) and educated (#1) cities in the US, so you'd think it would be easy to look down from an Ivory Tower. Even so, there are a surprising number of people who don't know really basic stuff around here. I used to work in customer service. :P
    I do customer service too, and I have decided that these people being incredibly dumb are not wandering through life--you are just catching them on brain farts or times when they just don't care. If you looked at my academic record, you'd conclude that I'm pretty smart, but I've realized that I'm doing dumb shit all the time.

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

She broke the first, second, and third commandments of a VP pick...they are all "Do no fucking harm!"

To be fair, Biden tried to as well (well, he probably didn't try but he managed). But the amount of harm he did can be approximated as zero compared to the debacle that was Palin.

She was basically a caricature of the most offensive and obnoxious parts of the GOP.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

So still dumb, then.

What? No.

"No, that's retarded."
    "No."

There's nothing really tricky about the question though.

As far as you know, does the earth revolve around the sun, or does the sun revolve around the earth?

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm definitely more inclined to believe that a large portion of respondents were fucking with the pollster.

Dear god I hope that's true.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2008

What do they do instead?

Moose shooting contests.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.