Options

[WAR] Oh yeah. Slob those Knobs.

• Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haha.

Yeah I don't get the healing nerfs, people can't keep up with BW/Sorc damage as is.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Riale wrote: »
    The change to playing with fire is more than sufficient, because that was really the biggest issue.
    None of my friends playing BWs think the PwF change is going to significantly alter their overall damage output. I expect BWs to continue to dominate the damage and killing blow columns Order-side, unless the changes to roots and buffs to other DPS classes mean BWs spend a lot more time taking dirtnaps.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aeonfell wrote: »
    Haha.

Yeah I don't get the healing nerfs, people can't keep up with BW/Sorc damage as is.

Yes you can, as long as you don't just HoT them up and expect that to do the trick*

This is to a single target, no comment about aoe.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Haha.

Yes you can, as long as you don't just HoT them up and expect that to do the trick*

WP's don't have much else.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The change to playing with fire is more than sufficient, because that was really the biggest issue.
    None of my friends playing BWs think the PwF change is going to significantly alter their overall damage output. I expect BWs to continue to dominate the damage and killing blow columns Order-side, unless the changes to roots and buffs to other DPS classes mean BWs spend a lot more time taking dirtnaps.

but the determiner for balance isn't 'what class does the most damage and/or gets the most killing blows', because those aren't the sole deciders. scenario stats are in general a poor way to judge effectiveness. i would also say that with many of the changes coming to the other ranged classes they may become serious competitors.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A-Puck wrote: »
    Haha.

WP's don't have much else.

/facepalm

Sorry, I missed that we were talking about WPs

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    We're vaguely whiny like that.

But seriously, liking some of the core changes.
    # Improvements have been made to auto-attack animations. Players will now see smoother, more consistent weapon swaps when players change from ranged to melee auto-attacks, and vice-versa.

# The responsiveness of ability activations has been improved. Players will now see less of a delay between the activation of an ability and the corresponding animation.

This stuff alone tells me that the enjoyable pvp is going to be that much smoother. Very happy.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Indeed. And Morales actually working!

Timmer on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to agree with other people that the Chosen changes are pretty underwhelming. I was hoping Blast Wave would get some changes, because I'm annoyed by how often Blast Wave is resisted (all the fucking time), and I was also hopeful that Auras would be improved somehow. I dunno, they're not bad, and they put out some okay DPS for a Tank, but I have the feeling with Dark Elves getting to hate people to death the Chosen might dwindle a bit.

I'm sorta looking at Squig Herders now, although I want to hear how they pan out first.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well, I was really hoping to see something about the Black Orc plan mechanic randomly deciding I'm out of combat and dropping me to No Plan, even though I'm in the middle of combat, and just finished hitting an ability to advance my plan. Guess I'll go bug report it some more.

Increasing the AP cost on Trip 'em Up and lowering the damage, then removing the cooldown, I think is a slight and unnecesary nerf. Mostly increasing the AP cost though, although it may make Da Brawler spec viable to have an ability that they can easily chain to get to Da Best Plan.

Right in da Jibblies getting its cooldown lowered is very tasty.

Da Big 'Un getting a smaller AOE but larger damage is a good change, as it will synergize better with other abilities in Da Boss tree, but the tree is still useless until it gets the ability from L35 that lets you actually use just Da Boss abilities for Da Plan.

Also, slightly annoyed at some of the Magus changes, like increasing the AP cost on Rend Winds and Infernal Blast. They increased the AP cost on Baleful Transmogrification, which was already 40AP for a weak single target DOT. Really hoping the Damage increase significantly offsets the increased AP cost. Would be especially nice if each of the Magus DOTs could individually outdamage any single Bright Wizard dot 1 for 1.

They nerfed the Blue Horror Coruscating Energy abilities damage. Which is a pretty big pissoff.

White Lion now gets a 10s snare on a 5s cooldown, while Marauder get a 5s snare on a 10s cooldown. WTF

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    White Lion now gets a 10s snare on a 5s cooldown, while Marauder get a 5s snare on a 10s cooldown. WTF

Yes, but White Lions don't have a viable AoE tree (or any spammable AoE along the lines of demolition) yet. There are disparities on both sides of the fence.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, also, this bullshit about nerfing scenarios so you cant constantly run Nordenwatch (not a huge deal, since Gates of Erkrund is just as good if not better). Mourkains (somewhat annoying, since STC is not a good replacement, and Phoenix Gate is shit because of zero points when the opposing team turtles). And TA (again, there are 6 scenarios in Tier 3, they should just up the speed of the point counters in other scenarios to make them more appealing.)

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »
    what sorc speciality was that? I think BW's have better AoE capabilities

Fire breath has a horrible range and is rarely used, Infernal wave is generally considered better (and can be combined with triumphant blasting for a 100 yard range AE knockback of doom on a 5 second cooldown.)
    well, infernal wave has a, what, 65ft range? Not really good for doing any consistent AoE damage. More like an annoyance and an extra spell on the side to shoot off.
    Shadow Knives is also significantly better than Spreading Flames. It's basically a pit of shades/rain of fire that follows people around for maximum pain.

Sure, shadow knives is great (even tough it's 80ft and usually cancels whenever someone goes out of LOS), but then the BW gets stuff like fireball barrage and backdraft to make up for it. And of course the insta-detonate
    Also, the big thing for sieges would be triumphant blasting, this is one thing that bright wizards don't have any analog to. Although with the nerf, we may see its usefulness diminish greatly.

I just tried it out and it's great for disrupting people on the siege pads. It really does gimp the damage though,

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, the big thing for sieges would be triumphant blasting, this is one thing that bright wizards don't have any analog to. Although with the nerf, we may see its usefulness diminish greatly.

I just tried it out and it's great for disrupting people on the siege pads. It really does gimp the damage though,

Seriously, they should change Triumphant Blasting to a Knockdown instead of a Knockback. Make it less of a situational bonus / constant hindrance, into a constant bonus.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    well, infernal wave has a, what, 65ft range? Not really good for doing any consistent AoE damage. More like an annoyance and an extra spell on the side to shoot off.

Infernal wave has an 87 yard range after tactics, and an absolutely enormous cone. With a 5 second cooldown and that big of an area of effect, it's way more than just an annoyance. It's absolutely brutal for AE when you just can't get a sorc inside the lines for surging pain spam. Not to mention that watching other ranged dps and silly healers get knocked back with infernal wave by a sorc that's 11ty billion feet away is comedy gold.
    Sure, shadow knives is great (even tough it's 80ft and usually cancels whenever someone goes out of LOS), but then the BW gets stuff like fireball barrage and backdraft to make up for it. And of course the insta-detonate

I don't know, the number one ability that people complain about for sorcs is pit of shades... and shadow knives is a pit of shades that follows people around. I realize that BW's are better all around, but this is one thing that's kind of okay that sorcs have ;)

The primary use of triumphant blasting is for last-ditch defense in keep lord rooms (bouncing people everywhere from the second floor? yes plz) and abusing the pit of shades LoS bug on a keep door to stop people from hitting your poor defenseless door. We've also found that triumphant blasting is highly effective for diffusing electromagnet-happy teams, since a team that gets knocked back infinitely will have some trouble getting damage on your clumped team members.

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Has anyone seen a mod or tool that allows you to export the Guild News feed out of the game?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh, also, this bullshit about nerfing scenarios so you cant constantly run Nordenwatch (not a huge deal, since Gates of Erkrund is just as good if not better). Mourkains (somewhat annoying, since STC is not a good replacement, and Phoenix Gate is shit because of zero points when the opposing team turtles). And TA (again, there are 6 scenarios in Tier 3, they should just up the speed of the point counters in other scenarios to make them more appealing.)
    Tor Anroc is pretty meh for XP/renown anyway. It's only real virtue is that it's very fast. Doomfist Crater and Lost Temple of Isha both invariably end with 500 points for the victor, aren't much slower than TA, and give out way way more XP and renown from player kills (if you're on the winning side anyway). Lava damage steals a lot of the PK XP/RP in Tor Knockback.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah Doomfist crater is insane if you're in there with a good team

once you take the middle you can use your sorcs/BW's to farm the opposing team as they struggle to recap

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Evening folks, Like Mark I've been watching this (and other threads) pretty carefully since we put up the patch notes. I did want to clarify exactly how all of these "Stat Contribution" changes worked. B/c to be honest these are not Dramatic earth shattering changes they are generally very small.

Stat contribution on DoTs

As many of you may have noticed we did a GLOBAL pass on how much additional damage DoT spells got from an offensive stat (STR, INT, BS) we did this b/c almost all DoT abilities were not getting a comparable amount of bonus from stat when compared to direct damage abilities. Some abilities went down, most went up but now ALL DoT spells in the game gain the same benifit from stats. Period.

Now for those of you who are concerned that this bonus is HUGE it really is not, in the best of cases you may see an additional 10% DPS. However this is all relative to how much DMG stat (Int, Str, BS) you have compared to your target's toughness. In those cases where your DMG stat greatly outclasses your target's toughness you will see the largest boost, but for most chases the boost is minimal. Below are a few examples.

Bright Wizard: Ignite

500 int attacking 20% resists with 200 toughness

Before: 170 damage/tick
    After: 184 damage/tick
    Improvement - 8%

300 int attacking 20% resists with 200 toughness

Before: 154 damage/tick
    After: 160 damage/tick
    Improvement - 4%

Chosen: Seeping Wound
    500 str attacking 20% mitigation with 200 toughness

Before: 117 damage/tick
    After: 140 damage/tick
    Improvement - 16.5%

300 str attacking 20% mitigation with 200 toughness

Before: 101 damage/tick
    After: 109 damage/tick
    Improvement - 8%

Please continue to post feedback we'll continue to look into the issues (Especially the bugs)in order to ensure we get the proper changes up over the PTR test period coming up

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Did they do something to the HoT stat to buff the bonuses to hots too?

I need to get back into this game.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well. at least for now, I don't feel any pressure to switch off my damage tree on my shaman until they decide what the new healing values will be.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ack! Server queues!

Who do I contact for a reinvite to TSM?

Last Son on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I play an IB and the way Grudge didn't decay was ridiculous. If the decay rate is too fast, we'll slow it down but as it was an IB could build up to 100 grudge and run around fully buffed forever. That gave them a distinct advantage in RvR especially when coupled with some of their more interesting abilities. And when you tied that to Oath Friend, a couple of smart IBs could run around with 100 Grudge all the time and that's just not fair.

Mark
    I think the Grudge change still isn't going to have the effect he's apparently looking for. IBs are still going to build up 100 Grudge and sit on it, it'll just take somewhat longer. Having 100 Grudge makes all your AP-cost abilities way better, there aren't enough abilities that spend Grudge, and most of the time the abilities that cost Grudge aren't powerful enough to make it worth spending. The only exceptions are the Toughness buff because it's so cheap (5 Grudge, I can get that back with one attack when I have Rising Anger slotted), and the single-target knockback when you see a good opportunity to put someone out of the fight for several seconds (or a wall or cliff, into lava, etc... I'll spend 30 Grudge for that, sure).

Other than that, spend Grudge? Why the hell would I? It's too valuable a resource to waste on something like a mediocre three-target-max cone AoE. If his expectation was that IBs would naturally tend to fluctuate between 30-70 Grudge when in combat, the design of the class has completely missed that mark.

Also Shield Sweep (the 3-target aoe cone) is supposed to refund 10 grudges for each target it hits, which it currently does not do.

Yes it does, I use it all the time.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Someone needs to make a good dev tracker that tracks posts on WHA and the VN. Tried to find the post Zzulu quoted to see which dev said it, but the VN boards search function is beyond useless.

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    And I noticed they 'updated' the notes regarding the Ironbreaker grudge stuff. But, they, didn't change anything? Still crossed out the previous entry and put a new one in blue, added one clarification, and the other one is still the same.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halt_zpah wrote:
    Jacobs told all of us he started a WP played it in T1 and that was the basis for his healing renown nerf and this latest nerf. He used the same for the IB nerf a PVE experience where he was able to hold his grudge in T1 between quests.

These guys promised us a RVR game. They delivered??? I have no clue anymore

Actually, I said the exact opposite in regards to healers. What I said was:

1) The original change to healers in terms of renown gain in scenarios would be reviewed if it was too much (it's under review).

2) I also said that I was talking to the team about changing our scenario scoring system because I didn't think it was rewarding pure healers as much as it should based on my experience as a pure healer. I also said that I play a WP and he leveled in scenarios quite nicely.

3) I also said that I wanted the team to focus on the impact of 1.0.5 on healers through our PTS to see the difference, in reality, between how we hope healers will do as opposed to actually do.

4) In terms of IBs, the bug that allowed no grudge decay had to be fixed. What I said about my experience as an IB was that they built up Grudge way too quickly and that because of the bug they could hold it too long. I also said that in regards to Oath Friend, that if we need to make some more changes to IB due to 1.0.5. we'll do so before the version goes LIVE.

So, that's what I said. I don't mind taking the heat for Mythic as usual but at least attribute the right stuff to me. :)

Mark
    Hey Mark, thanks again for listening/posting. Can you share with us how it is you hope healers will do?

First, I expect healers will be very happy once we finish review/change the scenario scoring system. I do think that the good healers (the ones that actually do some healing on other people) aren't getting as much exp/renown as they should from scenarios. Playing a pure healer was fun and challenging but at the end, I felt that a pure healer wasn't rewarded enough for doing a great job. Second, we are looking at healing (again) in RvR and I have no doubt that healers will get a boost if some of the issues that have been raised about healing turn out to be correct.

How's that for now?

Mark
    Caledric wrote:
    Hey Mark, thanks again for listening/posting. Can you share with us how it is you hope healers will do?

First, I expect healers will be very happy once we finish review/change the scenario scoring system. I do think that the good healers (the ones that actually do some healing on other people) aren't getting as much exp/renown as they should from scenarios. Playing a pure healer was fun and challenging but at the end, I felt that a pure healer wasn't rewarded enough for doing a great job. Second, we are looking at healing (again) in RvR and I have no doubt that healers will get a boost if some of the issues that have been raised about healing turn out to be correct.

How's that for now?

Mark

Will the test server be up tomorrow so I can start testing all this healing stuff?

I want that server up ASAP for obvious reasons.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maybe I read this wrong, but I see a buff to BWs and a nerf to healing Shamans.

wtf?

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hopefully they are just getting the stat contribution coefficients straightened out before they reduce DPS.

grrarg on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    _-Bonk-_ wrote:
    The problem is if class "balancing" is done too much it upsets the player base. This will happen if Mythic does this too much like they did with DAOC. With DAOC they were always messing with class balance

This is not the type of patch i want to see at all. If Mythic does this too much it will create much anger

:D

The problem is that if we don't do class balancing patches in an RvR game, that makes things worse not better. If we were a pure PvE game, we could leave things unbalanced/unfixed for a while. Following that approach in WAR would be a disaster.

The big difference between WAR and DAoC is that we have a large design team, QA team, multiple sources of player feedback and metrics to back up our initial decisions. This is not to say we still won't make mistakes but it does mean that we're listening more than to just what a small percentage of our player base actually says about our game. As you know, that was one of the things we were criticized for over the years with DAoC and we have obviously changed our approach.

Mark
    Folks,

I made an earlier thank you post about this thread and I'll make it again. I do appreciate the time that some of you are taking to write out (or to copy and paste even) some great posts on individual careers' bugs and issues. Like me, Adam and other team members are still in the office combing through the information you've presented. Keep it up!

Thanks again!

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

wtf?

As it currently stands, patch 1.05 is a nerf to every healing class, but especially archmages/shamans. I really don't understand what they're trying to do. At maxed healing spec, I can't keep someone up under focus fire as it is - now they're increasing damage? Fuck, at that point, why even bother to bring a healer, why not just play a game of 'which side had more ranged dps'?

Edit: Now that I think about it, WP are getting even more of a raw deal, because a majority of their heals are HoT based.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I still don't get why they are using the same decay mechanic for Grudge as they do for Combustion. Ironbreakers don't get 5, 10, 20 Grudge per attack, and we have skills that cost grudge. We shouldn't have it decay at the same rate out of combat.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Lit_Wick wrote:
    I agree with that though his threat to leave doesn't help. This is an 'net forum. And unfortunately 'net forums come with a lot of baggage. To expect that to not happen is silly.

What happened to the previous feedback? Where did the "BW DoTs need toned down" feedback go that we end up with "BW DoT damage has been increased". You see my point? I have given feedback since Beta 2 and yet some of my major concerns have yet to be addressed. BW's being one, melee healer survivability at endgame, healing being awful, armor class being useless in RvR due to debuffs, huge class archetypes imbalances, etc.

How many times do I need to re-feedback these things before they get addressed? People don't get that it wasn't just what changes are being made but rather how well Mythic takes feedback and acts accordingly. BW damage going up and healing getting nerfed shows me that somewhere in the chain of command there is an issue. It isn't even the small crap like 1 classes skill not working...its the big picture. The game just isn't fun in it's current state of insta-gibs that just got worse.
    yes and yes.

The comments tell me Mark is really stressed (understandably). Asking for civility is reasonable, but expecting/demanding pristine lemonade out of a cesspool is not. The comment irked me as well.

The patches tell me a plethora of feedback has been ignored already. I'm hoping what comes out of the test server will change that somewhat.

Actually, not stressed out at all. Took a nice break to have some great Buffalo wings and now am back in the office. I don't mind not getting pristine lemonade *but* if I want to have a thread(s) where we (Mythic & players) can have a useful conversation, I expect people to act reasonably and responsibly. The "if the thread gets ugly, no more threads" is the same stuff I've said here not just for DAoC but for WAR as well. It's simply pointless to try to engage in good back & forth dialogue if posts full of vitriol fill the pages. I'm asking nothing new nor more than I have in the past and frankly, I'm asking less than I expect anyone posting here would expect in real life. The fact that I've asked the team to spend time reading through the main thread should be a pretty good indicator of what I think about the posting ability/accuracy/usefulness of many of the VN guys. OTOH, making sure that people understand that if attempts are constantly made to derail those threads or are full of "OMG U SUCK, I QUIT" posts that I won't ask my team or myself to wade through all that stuff to get to the really helpful stuff. I think that is perfectly fair and reasonable.

Mark
    cliveklg wrote:
    MarkJacobsEA---- I'm asking less than I expect anyone posting here would expect in real life.

As much as I agree with you in practice. Its the 'net Mark. What you are asking for is akin to asking the Cat not to eat the Mouse.

LOL, nice analogy. No,I actually don't agree. We've had some really good threads here and I think we can have some more. And as I've said, I also think that there are a lot of darn good posters here and the Vault has provided some really good information over the last 6 weeks.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait. They killed Hovercast?!
    I think hovercast was removed
    Fixed an issue with the targeting system that could be used by players to gain an unfair advantage. Targeting of friendly players will now work in the same way as using abilities. Players must either use a keyboard key or click with the mouse to acquire a friendly target. To target a monster or NPC, players must click on the target in the world or /assist a friendly player. Players using our default user interface should see no change as a result of this fix.

KiTA on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

wtf?

As it currently stands, patch 1.05 is a nerf to every healing class, but especially archmages/shamans. I really don't understand what they're trying to do. At maxed healing spec, I can't keep someone up under focus fire as it is - now they're increasing damage? Fuck, at that point, why even bother to bring a healer, why not just play a game of 'which side had more ranged dps'?

Edit: Now that I think about it, WP are getting even more of a raw deal, because a majority of their heals are HoT based.

I'd like to see Mark Jacobs respond to this post because when you put it that way, it's pretty o_O

I think some classes needed damage increases, but across the board? The Squig Herder section looks perfect, but I've only gotten mine to T2. However, from that experience, I can say that it's pretty tough to focus fire any healer with a SH. So for SH vs. Archmage battles, I've at least got a chance. Right now they cast one HoT and it cancels out all my nuking.

It's hard to understand why my rank 14 SH hits people for 150-200 with his main nuke while I can dish out the same damage and even higher crits (which are often) on my rank 6 Sorc. Obviously at 14 the Sorc is gonna be doing at least twice what my 14 SH is doing if the trend continues.

1.0.5 sort of encouraged me to pick up the Squig Herder I've shelved in favor of the Sorcerer, who knows when it will actually drop though. And at the same time they're just making the Sorc better too. In the mean time I'd like to be able to kill people.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yes, but White Lions don't have a viable AoE tree (or any spammable AoE along the lines of demolition) yet. There are disparities on both sides of the fence.

Also White lions need to deal with me.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why the nerf to Cordial.

Why gaaaaawd.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shamans aren't supposed to be able to keep people up from burst damage. That's not our subarchetype. I think this change to our healing just reinforces that.

Shaman/Archmage: Background healing that negates standard damage
    Zealot/Rune Priest: Bursty healing that negates burst damage
    Disciple of Khaine/Warrior Priest: AoE healing that negates AoE damage

Certainly each subarchetype can fill the roles of the others to an extent, but we're not all supposed to be great at every type of healing.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    Wait. They killed Hovercast?!
    I think hovercast was removed
    Fixed an issue with the targeting system that could be used by players to gain an unfair advantage. Targeting of friendly players will now work in the same way as using abilities. Players must either use a keyboard key or click with the mouse to acquire a friendly target. To target a monster or NPC, players must click on the target in the world or /assist a friendly player. Players using our default user interface should see no change as a result of this fix.

Addons can use TargetPlayer(), the function responsible for targeting a player by name, but not without direct input. As long as each action from Hovercast corresponds to a key press or mouse click, it should be fine. I say "should be" because it might be that you're only allowed to perform one such restricted action per hardware event, so you could either target or cast, not both, which would kind of defeat the purpose of Hovercast.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wtf?
    As it currently stands, patch 1.05 is a nerf to every healing class, but especially archmages/shamans. I really don't understand what they're trying to do.
    They're normalizing abilities so they scale correctly as you level. Then, when they can be sure the same ability won't go from shit to awesome or from awesome to shit just by going up in levels, they'll boost or reduce to bring them to desired levels, fixing them for all 40 ranks in one fell swoop.

Yeah, I just wanted to say one fell swoop.

Glal on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are there any notes regarding PQs? Either upping the rewards or lowering the power on Champion/Hero classes?

The things are fun as hell if you can get a crew together to do them (my favorite memory of the game so far was stumbling into the first chapter PQ on my Bright Wizard and scoring a bag without a clue what I was doing). But it's so boring trying to grind through the first level of them solo just so you can get a minor upgrade on your gear, then they switch to the second level and it's just rape city everywhere unless you're way over leveled, in which case you only get raped once the third part starts.

see317 on
This discussion has been closed.