As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Zombies invade Mayberry - Village Victory!

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Why is there the belief that there are hordes of (un)dead bodies just lying around the Courthouse?

Nearby folks are likely to look to those who would protect them.

Courthouses have police. It is a haven for "The Good Guys"

The same reason people would flock to churches, police stations, hospitals, etc, etc.

Well, I suppose. And the Supermarket is an even more likely target for frantic survivors...

I am sticking with my choice for now, but at least you're more convincing than kime.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Goddamnit Kime, you're not helping the Barbershop cause. :P

See?

LaOs on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Guys, i was under the impression that we were headed for the mill or granery or whatever. Going to the courthouse because of defenses doesn't add up to our plan, the best idea is to head to the barber shop or atleast the supermarket where we are more likely to find melee weapons which will last us in the long run, then off to the granery.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    We are already at the Grain Depot:
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    So if I read right, we're all at the train station currently. How do we move? Or is that only done via narrative device?

I am intrigued.

You put one foot in front of the other...:whistle:

Well, right, but it's not one of our options! Unless we have to attack something to move, but that would be silly. And we don't stand for silliness here.

To clarify by signing up to play you stated your intention to join the group that was heading to the Food and Grain depot. Tonight you will be voting on your next location as soon as I get these PMs out and the day 0 op.. . to speed things up.

Since you are now at the Feed and Grain Depot. You must now vote in bold lime green to determine your next location. You may move to.

1.Courthouse
    2. Floyd’s Barbershop
    3. Foley’s Supermarket

I will be making narration about these locations shortly.

LaOs on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Why is there the belief that there are hordes of (un)dead bodies just lying around the Courthouse?

Nearby folks are likely to look to those who would protect them.

Courthouses have police. It is a haven for "The Good Guys"

The same reason people would flock to churches, police stations, hospitals, etc, etc.

Well, I suppose. And the Supermarket is an even more likely target for frantic survivors...

I am sticking with my choice for now, but at least you're more convincing than kime.

Not to mention that we know there are weapons in the Baber Shop.

Granted, scissors and razors are pretty weak in terms of damage...but they are better than fists.

In a choice between a (possible) highly infected area with a questionable amount of safety/weapons, or a place that we know has weapons and shouldn't be swamped with zombies, I choose the quieter locale.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

See?

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Ok. . . I'll just be quiet then, over here in my corner. . . .

Don't mind me. . .

:cry:

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Or we could wait until DUE gets with the narratin'

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Guys, i was under the impression that we were headed for the mill or granery or whatever. Going to the courthouse because of defenses doesn't add up to our plan, the best idea is to head to the barber shop or atleast the supermarket where we are more likely to find melee weapons which will last us in the long run, then off to the granery.

Ahaha, no.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    kime wrote: »

See?

Don't mind me. . .

No harm, man. I'm just unconvinced of the hidden Jewish Barber Arsenal.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

See?

Don't mind me. . .

Acting like a loon will not help us get a majority vote for the Shop. If you want to use logic, be my guest.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Ahaha, no.

:^:!!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Acting like a loon will not help us get a majority vote for the Shop. If you want to use logic, be my guest.
    Your logic is the same as my logic! I just use it in a slightly more. . . creative manner!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I still like the court house best, but fuck the super market. Place is bound to be packed with the undead.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    At least that's one thing we can all (except Fuzzy) agree on!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Brian, I'm giving you a pass because you are new.

I would have red voted anyone else for trying to get us to go to the Supermarket.

Would have done it so hard.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not only are the barbershop weapons weak, but they have terrible range. We'd have to be right up on the zombies in order to use them.

I'd rather wait on the day 0 narration so that we can have all the information possible before we vote to go anywhere.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, anyone wanna do a spreadsheet for the votes? Hopefully they don't get murdered in the first few days.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Brian, I'm giving you a pass because you are new.

I would have red voted anyone else for trying to get us to go to the Supermarket.

Would have done it so hard.

He's actually been advocating for the Barbershop (twice!)... although trying to slip the Supermarket in there was pretty shady...

LaOs on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Or we could wait until DUE gets with the narratin'

The logical approach being used is more or less consistent with what I have in mind. Although I will be giving out some more information that is specific to the plot.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Supermarket = fail. I think we can all agree on that. It's only perk is supplies, but honestly it's too early to worry about that.

Courthouse just seems. . . . useless? Honestly, you're hoping for a gavel!? We are staying there a day, we don't need a long defensive siege. Plus, more people will be in a courthouse than a barbershop. More people = more zombies.

Barbershop will have blades. It won't have been heavily populated, thus fewer zombies. And it's the coolest!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Not only are the barbershop weapons weak, but they have terrible range. We'd have to be right up on the zombies in order to use them.

I'd rather wait on the day 0 narration so that we can have all the information possible before we vote to go anywhere.

Plus, I think I'd rather punch a zombie than try to fight a zombie with a barber's razor or shears. It would be awkward and probably mostly ineffective. Blunt weapons would work better... especially better than trying to wield tiny, tiny blades.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

The logical approach being used is more or less consistent with what I have in mind. Although I will be giving out some more information that is specific to the plot.
    Barbershop = logic. DUE agrees with us.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Zandracon wrote: »
    So, anyone wanna do a spreadsheet for the votes? Hopefully they don't get murdered in the first few days.

Lookin' to set up an easy target, eh?

Pretty shady there...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

While they would be weak, they are stronger than fists and they would be plentiful.

I would much rather most of us be lightly armed, than only one or two with guns.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Barbershop = logic. DUE agrees with us.

It could also mean he agrees with us about the Courthouse. Or, he just generally agrees that the Supermarket would be dumb.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Plus, I think I'd rather punch a zombie than try to fight a zombie with a barber's razor or shears. It would be awkward and probably mostly ineffective. Blunt weapons would work better... especially better than trying to wield tiny, tiny blades.

When you are up close and personal with one of these fuckers, a pair of scissors to an eye works just as well.

I highly doubt we will be finding blunt weapons in the courthouse.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Courthouse just seems. . . . useless? Honestly, you're hoping for a gavel!?
    Court house> Bailiffs> Guns and maybe even armory.

Razor blades can suck it.

Quid on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, any smart people want their brains eaten?

Pretty shady there...

This time I agree. I even fixed it for accuracy.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

While they would be weak, they are stronger than fists and they would be plentiful.

I would much rather most of us be lightly armed, than only one or two with guns.

I still don't get the logistics.

How would attempting to wield a small, weak blade against an undead creature that feels no pain and likely doesn't have enough intelligence to recognise a (weak as though it may be) threat and perhaps hesitate be stronger than simply punching or kicking the creature? I fully admit that both of those options are terribly and incredibly sub-optimal, but I am certain that trying to slice at an unfeeling undead creature would be less effective than simply kicking or punching at it. I could put more force into punching than into the slashing/piercing I think...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, the weapon-in-the-courthouse theory I'd have to say is unlikely. I honestly think the best perk would be that it's maybe more defensible. But even then, that's a maybe, and we aren't there for long so defense isn't the highest priority (although still important).

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How much damage to the zombie brain must be done to kill it? One stab through the eye into the brain? Or do you need to render its brain into fine paste?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm going to break this down.

Barbershop - lest obvious, sharper weapons easier for puncturing skulls. Brooms to fend off attacks, also possible jewish arsenal of shotguns

CourtHouse - lots of rooms meaning taking risk of opening a door while unarmed while who knows what is on the other side, gavels and possibly chair legs to break off for blunt weapons, small chance of some hand guns still in existance. This is a court house guys, not the state penn.

SuperMarket - food and possible blunt weapons (baseball bats, whatever) also most likely to be overrulled by zombie hords.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There could be treasure in the courthouse though

maybe gold or whatever

gold, people, GOLD

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

When you are up close and personal with one of these fuckers, a pair of scissors to an eye works just as well.

I highly doubt we will be finding blunt weapons in the courthouse.

Well, there might be the gavel... :P

I don't think piercing an eye will be that effective. It's an unfeeling undead creature--it's more just an automaton, no? A biting, fighting automaton set on killing us.

If it was a human, or if it turns out they actually feel pain, you're absolutely right and I would be going for the eyes anytime they were close enough. I highly doubt they feel pain though.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't expect guns to be in the courthouse. At all.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How much damage to the zombie brain must be done to kill it? One stab through the eye into the brain? Or do you need to render its brain into fine paste?

I don't want to have to get close enough to find out.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So, any smart people want their brains eaten?

Pretty shady there...

This time I agree. I even fixed it for accuracy.

Ha!

At first I thought you meant you fixed what I had said. Good one!

LaOs on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Plus the gavel probably gives +5 to undead smiting

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There could be treasure in the courthouse though

maybe gold or whatever

gold, people, GOLD

shifty...

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I still don't get the logistics.

How would attempting to wield a small, weak blade against an undead creature that feels no pain and likely doesn't have enough intelligence to recognise a (weak as though it may be) threat and perhaps hesitate be stronger than simply punching or kicking the creature? I fully admit that both of those options are terribly and incredibly sub-optimal, but I am certain that trying to slice at an unfeeling undead creature would be less effective than simply kicking or punching at it. I could put more force into punching than into the slashing/piercing I think...

This is where I go meta and point out that in every game ever, unarmed is weaker than wielding a weapon of any kind.

While we are trying to be as realisticly minded as possible, we also need to remember that this is a game and as far as mechanics go, weapons > unarmed.

Unless you are a judo master, or something. Do you have the Karate Kid role, LaOs?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg