As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Syncing Macbook to PC

bongibongi regular
This is probably a really very obvious question and I am just retarded but;

Is there a way that I can sync files on my Macbook with my PC, automatically, over a network, for free? I know stuff like MobileMe will theoretically do it, but it's a bit touch-and-go at the moment, and it also costs like a kidney a year.

I'd like to set it up so that I can just pick a folder (or folders) that will sync over the network when I power my Macbook on, so that getting college work isn't just a hassle, and I'll usually have a backup of stuff.

bongi on

• DigDug2000DigDug2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dropbox will let you sync folders you choose, up to 2GB now I think. Live Mesh is a bit more beta does the same sorta thing with 5GB of online storage (for now at least).

DigDug2000 on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited November 2008
    I love you, thanks.

bongi on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait, with dropbox, can I not have a folder, say, Documents -> University, on the PC, that is then synced, but without it explicitly being inside my dropbox?

bongi on
  • bongibongi regular
    edited November 2008
    wow, mesh is exactly what i was looking for

thanks!

bongi on