As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Left 4 Dead : The Tank, The Witch and Survivors in the Wardrobe : Demo Out Now!!

• shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    expendable wrote: »
    If you see a player named dirt_fox just leave the game and save some headaches.

360 or PC? And reasons?

PC. He'll play until you hit the second saferoom and then down everyone and hide in the closet.

If by second safe room, you mean the end of subway, thats legit. Team killing is acceptable after you clear the final room and the demos about to end.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't imagine why anyone would get a valve source game on the 360 even if it runs at 4fps on their PC, you lose out on eleven million thousand maps, custom servers, mods, all kinds of crap.

its really going against all my logic - including the fact that i love some keyboard/mouse over a gamepad any day. but my friends are definitely only getting it for the 360 and i really want to play with them. and i have a feeling the match making will be better on the 360 (just like it was for CoD4). but in the end i'll probably end up getting it for both for the aforementioned reasons.

krylon666 on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't imagine why anyone would get a valve source game on the 360 even if it runs at 4fps on their PC, you lose out on eleven million thousand maps, custom servers, mods, all kinds of crap.

It's the quality over quantity logic. I sure as hell would sacrifice mods and maps to be able to have a game run well.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    krylon666 wrote: »

its really going against all my logic - including the fact that i love some keyboard/mouse over a gamepad any day. but my friends are definitely only getting it for the 360 and i really want to play with them. and i have a feeling the match making will be better on the 360 (just like it was for CoD4). but in the end i'll probably end up getting it for both for the aforementioned reasons.
    Then just go over to their places and play split screen. And get the real game for yourself.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    expendable wrote: »
    If you see a player named dirt_fox just leave the game and save some headaches.

360 or PC? And reasons?

PC. He'll play until you hit the second saferoom and then down everyone and hide in the closet.

If by second safe room, you mean the end of subway, thats legit. Team killing is acceptable after you clear the final room and the demos about to end.

He has to mean the one between maps. There's no closet in the second one.

expendable on
    Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
    edited November 2008
    Press esc

Initiate vote

Vote to kick player!

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • KlaymenKlaymen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I guess the demo didn't come out at midnight :(.

I would just pre-purchase the full-game to get access to the demo, but the Australian dollar is not so great at the moment, and if I wait long enough I could potentially save AU$10

Klaymen on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    URGENT TEAM ZISSOU™ DIRECTIVE INCOMING
    zissou_logo.jpg

ATTENTION:

I'm sure by now you're all aware of the undead returning to life to feast on the brains of our fellow TEAM ZISSOU™ members. This is a grave event that could lead to us having to cut down on TEAM ZISSOU™ sponsored drinking events. Due to the imminent zombie threat to our organization I have called for the immediate commission of a special task force.The ZISSOU Zombie Prevention and Action Team, or ZZPEAM. The primary goal of this group is to ensure the TEAM ZISSOU™ organizations survival by any means necessary. Secondary goals being the survival of the human race, hoarding guns, and drinking. ZZPEAM will be inserted into the deepest darkest corners of the infection, lubricating it with preparation lead ointment. Due to the daring and super badass nature of this force, The following requirements are necessary to join:

Do you look these dudes?
    ph081408a.jpg184477216_e3a1389148.jpg

Or this guy?
    iranian-president.jpg

THEN YOU MIGHT JUST BE THE DRUNKEN CRAZY WE NEED TO TACKLE THE ZOMBIE HORDES! WE WILL KICK EM IN THE JUNK!

Are you this guy?
    4546.jpg
    THEN HELL NO BITCH AHAHA Seriously we are going to be doing awesome shit and you would just die. Seriously I know people who have killed 55 zombies using only their eyes. Don't even think about trying to join. In fact just kill yourself now to save us from having to shoot you because you we're slowing us down. We are that hardcore.

Are you a hot chick WE NEED YOU AS WELL. Can you do a roundhouse kick? YOURE IN. Have you eaten an actual zombies brain? Thats fucking gross we don't want you then. Do you have a necklace made of zombie and or people ears? YOURE IN!

TEAM ZISSOU™ needs you!
    lifeaquaticwithstevezissou.jpg
    The human race needs you! Do you have what it takes?????? Survival depends on it! Join ZZPEAM NOW!

Paid for by TEAM ZISSOU™ TEAM ZISSOU™ is not responsible for loss of limb, sandvich, life, or 1000 of the other possible bad things that could happen to you for hanging out with TEAM ZISSOU™ BYOB is enforced at all times.
    Yes.

Weed, weed, blunts, 420.

Get wasted, tacos.

And yes, I had to quote it.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

What a dumb thing to say.

tofu on
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, this thread moves so fast I check it every day for any worthwhile OP info.

Added info on Alabaster Slim's server and also added the fact you can shoot a smoker victim to free them. From what I heard it frees them without damaging them.

Some confirmation for that would be awesome. Don't want to fill the OP with bad info.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh, this thread moves so fast I check it every day for any worthwhile OP info.

Added info on Alabaster Slim's server and also added the fact you can shoot a smoker victim to free them. From what I heard it frees them without damaging them.

Some confirmation for that would be awesome. Don't want to fill the OP with bad info.

Meleeing them works, and doesn't damage them. I think you can also shoot the tongue and it'll free them.

Zandracon on
  • RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    tofu wrote: »

What a dumb thing to say.

Even though I agree the PC version offers much more re playability, if someone can't afford a rig to play it or if majority of their friends are on the 360, they should go for the 360.

RCagent on
    edited November 2008
    You can't damage a teammate that is in the process of being mauled by a hunter or toungued by a smoker. If you're right next to the victim it is easiest to melee them out of their situation. But if you're more than 10 feet away it is faster to shoot, SHOOT.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dell has my laptop cause it BROKE. I'm not even sure if L4D will run well on it.

I MIGHT HAVE TO GET IT FOR THE 360

Just wait. If you can play tf2, you can play this. Dont get it on the 360. You saw what happened to those who got TF2 for it. YOU SEENT IT.

What on
    edited November 2008
    They got what they deserved.

No Great Name on
    sirtoons.png
    edited November 2008
    What wrote: »
    Dell has my laptop cause it BROKE. I'm not even sure if L4D will run well on it.

I MIGHT HAVE TO GET IT FOR THE 360

Just wait. If you can play tf2, you can play this. Dont get it on the 360. You saw what happened to those who got TF2 for it. YOU SEENT IT.

we haven't seen anything at all. :|

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • THE TedTHE Ted Tedoculus OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear Valve,

Ted is very skeptic. I pretty much hate zombies, vampires, and horror-oriented material. Every time I have to see a feral ghoul in Fallout 3 I am annoyed; its just ugly. Yes, the first time I went down into the metro and saw what looked like just another poor whastelander and he turned and looked at me and went 'PSHAWWWAEWERRRR' I screamed and ran right back OUT of the metro. That was kind of cool. But then I was over it.

I had grave doubts about Left 4 Dead. Valve...oh Valve. I just watched the intro movie for the first time. That black guy...I love that black guy. And that old guy. The mean guy, I can definitely see some potential in that mean guy. And the girl; she probably still believes in God while she shoots all those zombies. I don't care about the zombies anymore Valve; I don't even see the zombies anymore.

Love,
    THE Ted

THE Ted on
    The train is a lie. The cake is a spy.
    edited November 2008
    They got what they deserved.
    Not by a long shot. They deserved jello with fruit in it. A more fitting metaphor for abomination I can't recall.

THE Ted on
    edited November 2008
    What makes you think Zoey believes in God?

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The same thing that makes him question his faith in Left4Dead.

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
    edited November 2008
    McCly wrote: »

That's just the archetype I guessed at. I've only seen the video, I'll play the demo once its free today/now/any minute now/probably more like eight hours from now.

THE Ted on
  • martymarty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    more like left4theted amiriet

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    THE Ted wrote: »

That's just the archetype I guessed at. I've only seen the video, I'll play the demo once its free today/now/any minute now/probably more like eight hours from now.

She's actually a total badass. Everyone goes for her first in character-selection. :P

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
    edited November 2008

She's actually a total badass. Everyone goes for her first in character-selection. :P

But if you play AS her, then you can't SEE her, right?

THE Ted on
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

But if you play AS her, then you can't SEE her, right?

Only when the Smoker has his tentacles on her. :winky:

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I realized today that Zoey is dressed quite similarly to Kelly, the main character of the British zombie mini series Dead Set.

l_73ae4f7bf947416b8e89c3770095c756.jpg

You can't see as well from this image but she has the same skinny jeans rolled up into cuffs with chucks that Zoey has, but a different colored jacket.

Spoilered for size.
    l4d-steam-survivors-room.jpg

It's more than likely just a coincidence based on the current style of the age group Zoey and Kelly both represent but, its cool none the less. Also, check out Dead Set if you can.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    weenus wrote: »
    I realized today that Zoey is dressed quite similarly to Kelly, the main character of the British zombie mini series Dead Set.

You can't see as well from this image but she has the same skinny jeans rolled up into cuffs with chucks that Zoey has, but a different colored jacket.

Spoilered for size.
    l4d-steam-survivors-room.jpg

It's more than likely just a coincidence based on the current style of the age group Zoey and Kelly both represent but, its cool none the less. Also, check out Dead Set if you can.

Yeah, and I think we can all agree that Louis' outfit is a little shoutout to Shaun of the Dead.
    2r26n3t.jpg

RCagent on
  • weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    RCagent wrote: »
    Yeah, and I think we can all agree that Louis' outfit is a little shoutout to Shaun of the Dead.

I can dig it.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anyone having trouble downloading the demo right now?

I keep clicking on the "Install Demo" button but all it does is cause a screen refresh, servers being hammered or have valve decided i'm not allowed to have fun?

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Vangu VegroVangu Vegro Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HerrCron wrote: »

I keep clicking on the "Install Demo" button but all it does is cause a screen refresh, servers being hammered or have valve decided i'm not allowed to have fun?

Dunno what's causing it, but I have the same problem.

Vangu Vegro on
    In my PC: Ryzom, Diablo III, Naruto Shippuden UNSR, The Old Republic
    In my 3DS: Super Smash Bros, AC New Leaf
    Last game completed: Steamworld Dig
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The demo isn't up yet. That page has been like that all day. Try again in a few hours.

Tertiee on
  • UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Not sure if this helps, but when I first tried to download the demo it didn't seem to download unless I had the dialog box with the completion bar up (of course, if you don't even get the dialog box when you try to install it then I don't know what you could do).

...If all else fails try restarting steam?

[edit] Unless you're going for the non-preorder demo, then listen to Tertiee [/edit]

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Not sure if this helps, but when I first tried to download the demo it didn't seem to download unless I had the dialog box with the completion bar up (of course, if you don't even get the dialog box when you try to install it then I don't know what you could do).

[edit] Unless you're going for the non-preorder demo, then listen to Tertiee [/edit]

I'm having the same problem.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Toxin01 wrote: »

I'm having the same problem.

Well i'm on GMT so i'm guessing at this point it's down to timezones or something.
    It probably won't be available for download for another few hours on this side of the world.

Curse you time, CURSE YOU!

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • aaronsedgeaaronsedge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I woke up at 4 am to download it on marketplace and it isnt out yet. I'm going to be real sad when it comes out an hour before I have to leave for classes.

aaronsedge on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Munch wrote: »
    Only if there are some tig ol' bitties on the cover know'm sayin'?
  • Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Man that series was all kinds of depressing.

BAD END

Mei Hikari on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mei Hikari wrote: »

BAD END
    I thought that the guy in the control room was going to trigger the sirens, like what the producer did, and it would scare off the Zombies. But no, everyone dies.

LewieP on
  • Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LewieP wrote: »

BAD END
    I thought that the guy in the control room was going to trigger the sirens, like what the producer did, and it would scare off the Zombies. But no, everyone dies.

Dude, how the fuck do you scare zombies? You can't do that.
    They were fucked the moment they didn't shoot that prick producer in his oversized head.

Mei Hikari on
  • GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

BAD END

SHHHHHH, I've not gotten round to watching the last few episodes! spoiler it please!!

GreenPowerRanger on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maybe just drive them crazy so they attack each other or something. It felt a little like that was what you were supposed to think, a red herring I guess.

LewieP on
This discussion has been closed.