Options

FIRE EMBLEM:Critical Hits Suck (NSF56K)

• Options
    CalaveronCalaveron Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Calaveron wrote:
    Freezie KO wrote:
    This thread makes me happy and sad. I'm happy that the series gets the respect it deserves. But every time I see this, I get sad that GoD is so far away.
    Replay all three games on Hard, mang.
    Or following a specific pattern IE promote them once they reach level 10 or only use girls or only use dudes, stuff like that.
    Also, try getting different support conversations. They're entertaining as fuck (not as much in PoR, though).

PoR has GREAT support conversations. Jill + Lethe explains most of the backstory, Soren+Stephan explains why Soren is the way he is, and anything with Bastion, Kierian, or Ilyana (Ilyana's conversations are truly amazing) is completely and totally worth it.
    But no one gets married or say anything about their future :(
    Granted, maybe because they had GoD contemplated already, but I really hope they give everyone some closure in that game.

Calaveron on
  • Options
    Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Calaveron wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Freezie KO wrote:
    This thread makes me happy and sad. I'm happy that the series gets the respect it deserves. But every time I see this, I get sad that GoD is so far away.
    Or following a specific pattern IE promote them once they reach level 10 or only use girls or only use dudes, stuff like that.
    Also, try getting different support conversations. They're entertaining as fuck (not as much in PoR, though).

PoR has GREAT support conversations. Jill + Lethe explains most of the backstory, Soren+Stephan explains why Soren is the way he is, and anything with Bastion, Kierian, or Ilyana (Ilyana's conversations are truly amazing) is completely and totally worth it.
    Granted, maybe because they had GoD contemplated already, but I really hope they give everyone some closure in that game.

Oh, if FE 6 is any measure, there will be plently of closure, because everyone will be dead! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    (Ilyana's conversations are truly amazing)
    ...what?

Ilyana/Any Character
    C Support

Any Character: Hey.
    Ilyana: ...
    Any Character: You look a bit sick.
    Ilyana: ...yes.

Ilyana/Any Character
    B Support

Any Character: Any developments?
    Ilyana: ...still sick...
    Any Character: That's cool.
    Ilyana: ...want food...
    Any Character: Okay. Here is some food.
    Ilyana: ...mmm... food... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Ilyana/Any Character
    A Support

Ilyana: ...have you got any food...?
    Any Character: Boy, you sure do eat a lot of food.
    Ilyana: ...I am always... hungry...
    Any Character: Wow, how much food have you eaten today?
    Ilyana: ...lots...
    Any Character: You're always so hungry!
    Ilyana: ...yes...
    Any Character: Let's go get some food!
    Ilyana: ...Any Character... thank you...

TRULY AMAZING!!

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Calaveron wrote:
    That's a problem with the ending, not the support conversations on their own. They give valuable characterisation, character background, character development (especially in Jill's case, in my highly biased opinion) and all that jazz.

They are vastly superior to the support convos in Sacred Stones, which were not always internally consistent or sometimes totally random.

EDIT: OK, except for Ilyana's convos. I have to agree with the previous poster that they're hardly brilliant.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Calaveron wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Freezie KO wrote:

Oh, if FE 6 is any measure, there will be plently of closure, because everyone will be dead! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    20 years pass between FE7 and 6. Only 3 years between PoR and GoD, so if anyone dies, then Jesus Christ they've got horrible luck.

Calaveron on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mumblyfish wrote:
    ...what?

Ilyana/Any Character
    C Support

Ilyana/Any Character
    B Support

Ilyana/Any Character
    A Support

TRULY AMAZING!!

Pure hilarity...she's always hungry. I guess some humor just isn't universal.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Calaveron wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Freezie KO wrote:

20 years pass between FE7 and 6. Only 3 years between PoR and GoD, so if anyone dies, then Jesus Christ they've got horrible luck.
    Also, FE7 is a prequel of FE6. Big difference.

I don't really mind as long as Nephenee is alive and well. <3

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mumblyfish wrote:
    ...what?

Ilyana/Any Character
    C Support

Ilyana/Any Character
    B Support

Ilyana/Any Character
    A Support

TRULY AMAZING!!

Pure hilarity...she's always hungry. I guess some humor just isn't universal.

Yeah, these guys are freaks not to find that hilarious

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    still sick

that's cool

:lol:

JJ on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Chen wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Calaveron wrote:
    Freezie KO wrote:

Also, FE7 is a prequel of FE6. Big difference.

I don't really mind as long as Nephenee is alive and well. <3

I seriously get the vibe, even from only a few screens, that GoD is going to kill off just about everyone from the old game.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I was reading supports today and I came across Volke/Bastian A Rank

[spoiler:a80b40605f]Volke: You still want something from me. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here.
    Bastian: When does your contract with Commander Ike expire?
    Volke: Heh. Why do you ask?
    Bastian: There is a very delicate matter I'd like you to attend to. It's
    something only you are suited to... address.
    Volke: I've known you for a long time now, and I've never seen such a
    desperate glimmer in your eye.
    Bastian: Twenty thousand.
    Volke: Eh?
    Bastian: I'll get you twenty thousand. But you'll have to attend to it right
    away.
    Volke: That sounds... tasty. Unfortunately, I have a policy against taking two
    jobs at once. It will have to wait until this one is over.
    Bastian: ...
    Volke: Don't fret, Bastian. My contract with Ike will only last as long as
    this war, and it's already coming to an end. It's not clear yet who will win,
    but it's certainly coming to a head. When my plate is clean, I'll find you.
    Bastian: This is absurd! You won't take the job?
    Volke: Oh, I'll take it. I never pass up a lucrative offer. Plus, I've come to
    think you're not so bad,Bastian. You've always paid in full and on time. I
    like that in an employer.
    Bastian: So I'm an excellent employer? Perhaps I should set you up with a
    pension! Ta ha ha! In any case, it appears that I will have to wait until the
    end of this miserable war to secure your services. But do not dawdle, Volke.
    It is a matter of utmost urgency.

Why is Bastian hiring Volke? To what purpose?[/spoiler:a80b40605f]

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ugh. Is it worth it to recruit Amelia in chapter nine of Sacred Stones?

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:

Yes, a thousand times so. She's pretty much god's gift to Paladins. She doesn't really have the DEF for Great Knight or General.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:
    She's supposed to become the best General.

Calaveron on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:

Yes, a thousand times so. She's pretty much god's gift to Paladins. She doesn't really have the DEF for Great Knight or General.

Man. Man.

I'm so tired of this stage. She keeps goddamn leaving before I can get down there.

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

Man. Man.

I'm so tired of this stage. She keeps goddamn leaving before I can get down there.

It's because you are moving too slow.

[spoiler:4a2807b327]and because you're small time![/spoiler:4a2807b327]

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

Man. Man.

It's because you are moving too slow.

[spoiler:6258f05b75]and because you're small time![/spoiler:6258f05b75]

Amelia is a goddamn freak of nature.

Paladin or Genelal, dosen't matter.

I actually have both on my saves, and making her a General is worth it

She get's a RIDICULOUS amount of Luck, Speed, and Defense. So
    even if they DO manage to hit her, it won't do jack shit, and, she attacks twice pretty much everyone.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:
    If you can't reach her in time, she pops up later, a few chapters down the line.

Unfortunately, by that point she's so pathetically weak compared to your other units she won't survive the map. Basically, you've got two choices: Replay chapter nine ad infinitum until you get lucky enough to reach her on time (I think you'd need to use a Paladin or a bloody good Vanessa to carry Eirika and hope for the best) or wait a bit and pick her up later, then have a unit carry her for the remainder of the map and curse as she spends the next few chapters slowly grinding out levels with Javelins and getting killed by anything in one hit if you leave a hole in your defenses. I don't like her. I don't like any of the trainees, though Ross deserves some points for at least turning up early in the game. All your other units are so good I simply don't consider raising a trainee to be worth the massive time investment, considering they'll only be marginally better than comparative units in everything except Luck.

Anyway, serves you right for picking Eirika over Ephraim. What the frig were you thinking?

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Elendil wrote:
    Elendil wrote:

Man. Man.

At that point you usually have the Guiding Ring, Knight Crest, and Orion's Bolt items, correct? Usually to get down there I promote Lute, Franz, and Neimi to Sage, Paladin, and Nomad respectively, and break the lines. At least, that's how I did it all 3 play-throughs, Tower of Valni-it-up if they're not lv. 20 prepromotes.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Franz dies on his own, Lute is slow and Neimi isn't worth my time. Of course, they're unpromoted, I don't like prepromotes. Eirika really is quite useless, especially when there's Joshua.

Mumblyfish is right, Ephraim makes everything easy.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Chen wrote:
    Franz dies on his own, Lute is slow and Neimi isn't worth my time. Of course, they're unpromoted, I don't like prepromotes. Eirika really is quite useless, especially when there's Joshua.

Well yes, prepromotes tend not to be very good...that is true

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Chen wrote:

If memory serves me correctly, Sacred Stones has some of the best Pre-premote units in the game. I clearly remember using both Duessel and Seth on different playthroughs, and they are absolute monsters.

Even though most of the different missions are far easier, I consider Eirika's mode to be Hard mode. Luckily nothing is too hard in that game if you work at it. Eirika turns out great after premotion, just not as great as Ephraim.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Chen wrote:

If memory serves me correctly, Sacred Stones has some of the best Pre-premote units in the game. I clearly remember using both Duessel and Seth on different playthroughs, and they are absolute monsters.

Even though most of the different missions are far easier, I consider Eirika's mode to be Hard mode. Luckily nothing is too hard in that game if you work at it. Eirika turns out great after premotion, just not as great as Ephraim.

Duessel is good for a prepromote, however Seth is unique in that I find him to be better stat-wise than even Titania. For a Jeigan he's damn 'mazing.

Ephraim, Lute, and any of the "special" units: Amelia, Ross, and Ewan, usually turn out powerful enough.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I hope FE: GoD has FE:SS' system of character premotion. Although let's make the lords some class that doesn't suck, mkay?

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I hope FE: GoD has FE:SS' system of character premotion. Although let's make the lords some class that doesn't suck, mkay?
    What? Ephraim, Hector and Ike were all pretty overpowered. And Lyn and Eirika were really quite decent.

So I think I'm missing your point. Unless you're talking about the older Fire Emblems.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    What? Ephraim, Hector and Ike were all pretty overpowered. And Lyn and Eirika were really quite decent.

So I think I'm missing your point. Unless you're talking about the older Fire Emblems.

My erstwhile companion is talking about two different things in one sentence. He wants branching premotions and mage/archer/general type lords, i.e. something different.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Just picked up PoR the other day, must say that it's quite the awesome game. Just got Rolf and not looking forward to trying to play catch up with him.

Everyone stop god damn killing him!

10 bucks new at EBStop until Tuesday, Ida been stupid not to get it.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited December 2006

My erstwhile companion is talking about two different things in one sentence. He wants branching premotions and mage/archer/general type lords, i.e. something different.
    No, I got that part.

But saying that the lords should become "a class that doesn't suck" kind of implies that the current lord class does suck. Which I do not agree with.

And yeah, I too would like to see the lord be a bit different that usual. That's why I'm hoping Mikaya is gonna be the next 'lord'. I've always liked light magic, after all.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

No, I got that part.

But saying that the lords should become "a class that doesn't suck" kind of implies that the current lord class does suck. Which I do not agree with.

And yeah, I too would like to see the lord be a bit different that usual. That's why I'm hoping Mikaya is gonna be the next 'lord'. I've always liked light magic, after all.

I thought it was clear, when I stated I was hoping FE: GoD would adopt FE: SS' class change system. To elaborate, excluding the Lord's class change to basically gain a horse and no additional weapon. I made no mention of Hector or Ike, both of whom are really ridiculously powerful, and don't know how you thought I was talking about any lord outside of FE:SS.

Ephraim for all his delicious Lordy stats is basically a monster due to that weapon that gets increased damage against basically anything. Even if Kyle, Orson, and Forde weren't with him on that mission, with a few Elixers or something, he could totally sweep that map. This is also contrasted by the fact that Eirika is so weak (by Lord standards).

Lyn was probably the best lord in terms of promotion. She basically became a Swordmaster with a Bow, which gave her something unique. Eliwood became a Paladin, and Hector became a sword-wielding General. Which is funny, that now the norm for Generals to have Sword/Lance, unless they have Axes along with them. This makes him more unique to other FE games just not FE7.

I was hoping characters in the next game have divergent promotion, meaning instead of having Soren always become a Sage I would get a choice between Mage Knight, Sage, or Druid or something. Because it's basically the only thing SS has on other FEs. It allows less obviously-powerful units through support and class customization to contend with more popular units.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:35b3f5d592]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:35b3f5d592]
    Am I fucked? if so, that's not too bad, I've got a hard save on chapter 10 (man, fuck chapter 8 on hard) which I'll keep playing.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:80231f6aff]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:80231f6aff]
    Am I fucked? if so, that's not too bad, I've got a hard save on chapter 10 (man, fuck chapter 8 on hard) which I'll keep playing.
    [spoiler:80231f6aff]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:80231f6aff]

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:3e840e381e]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:3e840e381e]
    [spoiler:3e840e381e]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:3e840e381e]
    OK, can I get some tips then?[spoiler:3e840e381e]Ike only seems to be able to knock off 5HP from black knight per turn, and then he whallops me and takes off over 15. Am I doing it wrong?[/spoiler:3e840e381e]

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrummondDrummond Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:180db56044]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:180db56044]
    [spoiler:180db56044]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:180db56044]
    OK, can I get some tips then?[spoiler:180db56044]Ike only seems to be able to knock off 5HP from black knight per turn, and then he whallops me and takes off over 15. Am I doing it wrong?[/spoiler:180db56044]

[spoiler:180db56044]If you decide you can't handle him, you can probably just hide in the sanctuary spaces and wait out the fight. I've never actually tried this but it should let you continue the game.[/spoiler:180db56044]

Drummond on
    sig.php
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Drummond wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:73f0d339f8]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:73f0d339f8]
    [spoiler:73f0d339f8]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:73f0d339f8]
    OK, can I get some tips then?[spoiler:73f0d339f8]Ike only seems to be able to knock off 5HP from black knight per turn, and then he whallops me and takes off over 15. Am I doing it wrong?[/spoiler:73f0d339f8]

[spoiler:73f0d339f8]If you decide you can't handle him, you can probably just hide in the sanctuary spaces and wait out the fight. I've never actually tried this but it should let you continue the game.[/spoiler:73f0d339f8]

[spoiler:73f0d339f8] You can run out of the bottom if you want which might be a good idea with Mist if shes low level. Anyway the entire fight is about getting lucky and proccing Aether, I'm not even sure its possible to win the fight if you don't have it. Also your not required to kill him, if you last six turns or run out the bottom then you get a certain character. If you beat him then you get someone else. More stuff I keep forgetting. If Mist has the skill to use a Physic staff that can make hte fight a lot easier. If not then load up Ike with Elixirs and just have Mist run away.[/spoiler:73f0d339f8]

khain on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Right before Christmas I started up yet another new game in FE7 (this must be, what, #13? Though that includes the few I didnt complete). Hector's Hard mode starts off really brutal when you dont really plan to use any of the characters you get in the beginning.
    Like, the second mission for example. The only characters I have that I intend to use for the rest of the game are Hector, Eliwood, and... thats it. I mean, I can live with letting Oswin or even Marcus get a few kills, but goddamn. It's hard enough just making sure Matthew and Serra survive.
    I did eventually get past it, anyway. Kinda wonder how far I'm going to get in this run before I just stop playing. It's going to be hard to find the desire when I'm not using very many of my favorite characters (for support reasons).

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:04cf1dd179]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:04cf1dd179]
    [spoiler:04cf1dd179]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:04cf1dd179]
    OK, can I get some tips then?[spoiler:04cf1dd179]Ike only seems to be able to knock off 5HP from black knight per turn, and then he whallops me and takes off over 15. Am I doing it wrong?[/spoiler:04cf1dd179]
    [spoiler:04cf1dd179]You're going to do most of your damage with Aether. If you don't have that, equip Ike with an Occult and he'll get it. If Ike doesn't have Aether, you're probably not going to win. The general strategy for a Mist-less run of this battle is to not attack the Black Knight and only counter attack. Also, bring elixers to heal yourself. Depending on your luck with getting Aether to go off, you may have to fend off some reinforcements. I've never had them spawn on me, but I usually go in with a level 20 Ike and a promoted Mist, so the fight doesn't last too long.[/spoiler:04cf1dd179]

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:2f7d928c57]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:2f7d928c57]
    [spoiler:2f7d928c57]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:2f7d928c57]
    OK, can I get some tips then?[spoiler:2f7d928c57]Ike only seems to be able to knock off 5HP from black knight per turn, and then he whallops me and takes off over 15. Am I doing it wrong?[/spoiler:2f7d928c57]
    [spoiler:2f7d928c57]You're going to do most of your damage with Aether. If you don't have that, equip Ike with an Occult and he'll get it. If Ike doesn't have Aether, you're probably not going to win. The general strategy for a Mist-less run of this battle is to not attack the Black Knight and only counter attack. Also, bring elixers to heal yourself. Depending on your luck with getting Aether to go off, you may have to fend off some reinforcements. I've never had them spawn on me, but I usually go in with a level 20 Ike and a promoted Mist, so the fight doesn't last too long.[/spoiler:2f7d928c57]
    [spoiler:2f7d928c57]Fuck, I don't think I have an occult to get aether. Plenty of elixers though, I never used them in game. Mist is pretty much useless though, she's only a level 1 healer still :P
    I'll give it a shot, but it's sounding like I'm fucked.[/spoiler:2f7d928c57]

plufim on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    plufim wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    OK guys, I've been playing PoR, and on normal mode, I'm up to[spoiler:88bb5961ba]the part where I finally fight the Black Knight, and oh fuck I'm forced to use Mist - who I never used outside of battle after mission 9.[/spoiler:88bb5961ba]
    [spoiler:88bb5961ba]Nah, it can be done with Ike alone. It's just harder, since a promoted Mist can heal Ike every turn and make the fight quicker and easier.[/spoiler:88bb5961ba]
    OK, can I get some tips then?[spoiler:88bb5961ba]Ike only seems to be able to knock off 5HP from black knight per turn, and then he whallops me and takes off over 15. Am I doing it wrong?[/spoiler:88bb5961ba]
    [spoiler:88bb5961ba]You're going to do most of your damage with Aether. If you don't have that, equip Ike with an Occult and he'll get it. If Ike doesn't have Aether, you're probably not going to win. The general strategy for a Mist-less run of this battle is to not attack the Black Knight and only counter attack. Also, bring elixers to heal yourself. Depending on your luck with getting Aether to go off, you may have to fend off some reinforcements. I've never had them spawn on me, but I usually go in with a level 20 Ike and a promoted Mist, so the fight doesn't last too long.[/spoiler:88bb5961ba]
    [spoiler:88bb5961ba]Fuck, I don't think I have an occult to get aether. Plenty of elixers though, I never used them in game. Mist is pretty much useless though, she's only a level 1 healer still :P
    I'll give it a shot, but it's sounding like I'm fucked.[/spoiler:88bb5961ba]
    I fear that you're doomed in this fight. Feel free to use the option of "RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Re: The above quote tree (I'm not quoting that; I'm better than you lot).

[spoiler:de2a572341]The Black Knight is not a difficult opponent. One just has to get lucky due to the time constraints. But without Aether you have no chance of defeating him in time. Even assuming maximum attributes for Ike, you will not take him down without Aether's "ignore enemy defense" attribute. Run away using the "Escape" panels to the south.

One does get rewarded for defeating the Black Knight, in the form of a new and fairly powerful Laguz. However, by this point your chosen characters should be unstoppable Battle Bastards and you only have one more chapter to go, and on the next chapter you get another new unit automatically, one that makes your "reward" unit look like a damp poodle.

I've never played normal mode (lol wimp), but on hard the final chapter is hideously easy even when the random number generator has gimped your characters. On the final map one only needs two units, anyway, even on hard, even when using fixed (read: gimped) levels. The other eleven slots are there for decoration and Physic users. Don't worry about losing a new unit. Bit of a shit reward, really.[/spoiler:de2a572341]

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hm, decided to start up my PoR file again. Just finished the 17th scenario, man that took a while for all 4 stages. At least it was easy.

Are they gonna keep the graphics the same for the Wii FE? Cus, aside from the phenomenal cut scenes, PoR is pretty ugly. It'd be sweet if they switched to all cell shaded or something along those lines.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer