As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] of the Lich King. You can get rep with walrus people.

1454647484951»

• DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Dman wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    preacher did you just suggest I sleep with someone for money such that I can then avoid contact with the world and just play WoWs

You do know you can download it online right?
    wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

I have a harpoon ready to launch, don't try to escape! :x

OK after poking around online I had no success, however I have a theory.

If you bought the game and entered the code to upgrade your account, you could then download it from the account management page which has allowed people with active world of warcraft accounts but without the game installed on their machine to download the game all along as far as i know.

Dman on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    they should make it so you could download it.

Probably will eventually, but I don't think their servers could handle it at the moment.

Yes despite making billions of dollars blizzard can neither find a company willing to host their files or host the files on their own for their rabid base. Despite EQ 1 offering that service almost 10 god damn years ago.

Their servers still can't handle it at present. It's Blizzard, why would they spend more money when they don't need to?

Blizzard sees everything as a choice between "Money" and "Even More Money."

Fuck, I think you had to download the beta from like fileplanet or some shit.

Edit: Correction, that was WAR, but still. Their Blizzard Downloader is a torrent client with a different GUI.

Still they could always sell their expansion download to another company and make even more money since ad revenue alone for all the downloads would be worth it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Probably will eventually, but I don't think their servers could handle it at the moment.

Yes despite making billions of dollars blizzard can neither find a company willing to host their files or host the files on their own for their rabid base. Despite EQ 1 offering that service almost 10 god damn years ago.

Their servers still can't handle it at present. It's Blizzard, why would they spend more money when they don't need to?

Such a fucking cop out. I swear blizzard gets way more credit then they are due.

abloo bloo bloo wow suxors a big 1

Tav on
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    hahaha there's a 7-11 five blocks away

maybe it actually is sold there

Oboro on
    words
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Such a fucking cop out. I swear blizzard gets way more credit then they are due.

Hey I am in no way justifying them, I'm just outlining their probable plan.

James on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Preacher, what the hell are you up to in that H/A thread?

Offering quality advice? Honestly Jacob all you need is love, love, love is all you need.

That crazy woman is going to ruin her life and it will be your fault.

Yeah Preach, I know you think you're being funny but that's pretty bullshit right there.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
    edited November 2008

Offering quality advice? Honestly Jacob all you need is love, love, love is all you need.

If by ruin you mean marry a well intentioned love of her life, than sure jacob she'll be ruined as in she won't be miserable!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »

abloo bloo bloo wow suxors a big 1

Well, it's more that they are really good at making games and really good at making money.

Nocturne on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Whenever I see Dman I think "What, how did DMAC get jailed?"

because Darren MA Calvert is an alias of Narc Marveled Rat

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

Yeah Preach, I know you think you're being funny but that's pretty bullshit right there.

So many pessimists on the boards, honestly you guys she wouldn't be the first person to make a spur of the moment decision that actually works out quite wonderfully. I proposed to my wife only after knowing her less then 6 months. So if I didn't counsel others the same way it would make me a pretty god damned hypocrit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

If by ruin you mean marry a well intentioned love of her life, than sure jacob she'll be ruined as in she won't be miserable!

Everything's not a fucking joke, alright? Some people have serious issues and need actual advice.

Stick to chat threads.

MikeMan on
    edited November 2008

Well, it's more that they are really good at making games and really good at making money.

And they really love their customers, oh no wait they don't give a shit as long as the money comes in.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Whenever I see Dman I think "What, how did DMAC get jailed?"

because Darren MA Calvert is an alias of Narc Marveled Rat
    Shhhh!!!!!
    <.<
    >.>

Dman on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

So many pessimists on the boards, honestly you guys she wouldn't be the first person to make a spur of the moment decision that actually works out quite wonderfully. I proposed to my wife only after knowing her less then 6 months. So if I didn't counsel others the same way it would make me a pretty god damned hypocrit.

The situations are slightly different.

(enormously)

Sarksus on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

You got really lucky and I doubt you had the severe emotional issues she did. If you actually believe your advice in that thread was good advice I take back my comment re: your insincerity, and replace it with one condemning your insensitivity to her situation.

MikeMan on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    I proposed to my wife only after knowing her less then 6 months. So if I didn't counsel others the same way it would make me a pretty god damned hypocrit.

What, seriously?

I think people are skeptical because she clearly needs a shelf to store all her issues.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

No, if you kept your mouth shut you'd be exercising sound judgment.

I refuse to believe you're that stupid. That girl is confused and in a lot of pain, and you're being an ass.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
    edited November 2008

And they really love their customers, oh no wait they don't give a shit as long as the money comes in.

Yeah, because giant companies really care about their customers. I've heard Valve is going to hire hookers to give everyone who pre-ordered L4D a blowjob as their own personal way of saying thanks.

Tav on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Wait, what the fuck? It's a fucking company making a product for a consumer. They're not supposed to fucking love me, but if they make a game I want to play I will purchase it.

People take this shit to weird extremes.

Nocturne on
    edited November 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    You got really lucky and I doubt you had the severe emotional issues she did. If you actually believe your advice in that thread was good advice I take back my comment re: your insincerity, and replace it with one condemning your insensitivity to her situation.

Just because you get engaged doesn't mean you get married right away, I waited 3 years. I think having emotional stability from her fiancee while she undergoes treatment can work out for this woman. Honestly that you think my advice was a joke is more telling of you than it is of my advice.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I need to see what wotlk actually adds for someone who will probably never reach level 70 anyway.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    But Valve really does love its customers...

Gabe Newell told me so :(

You love us don't you Gabe?

Yes, Ludious. Valve will always love you.

Oh that's wonderful news Gabe, when will Episode 3 be done Gabe?

Soon, my child.
    Glee!!!

Ludious on
    edited November 2008
    I need to see what wotlk actually adds for someone who will probably never reach level 70 anyway.

Nothing.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2008

Wait, what the fuck? It's a fucking company making a product for a consumer. They're not supposed to fucking love me, but if they make a game I want to play I will purchase it.

People take this shit to weird extremes.

In reality, people just really hate WoW and will take whatever stab they can at it.

In reality there are people who do this with everything, but people who do it about WoW seem to be incredibly adamant that WoW funds Satan-worshiping terrorism.

Tav on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hee hee.

"Cock Juggling Thunder Cunt"

japan on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

........Death Knight?

Ludious on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Absolutely nothing. All of the new content is even invisible to you until you reach level 70. You walk into one of the new areas and everyone is naked, swinging swords at the air.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2008
    Thankfully I have been immunized against this lich king nonsense by Fallout reminding me what a real game is supposed to be like.

Also, Mirror's Edge is pretty fun.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    In reality, people just really hate WoW and will take whatever stab they can at it.

In reality there are people who do this with everything, but people who do it about WoW seem to be incredibly adamant that WoW funds Satan-worshiping terrorism.

yes, it's all persecution

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    Go japan.

20031126h.gif

Tycho wrote:
    We found this news item - tucked away over at Gamespot - to be completely fascinating. Clearly we exaggerate the case in our comic, it's sort of what we do. But at the same time Gabriel and I are asking our parents and grandparents if it's even okay to "enjoy" their wars, this is a thought exercise on some completely other level.

Do I think that charging for the new MechAssault content on Xbox Live is a good idea? No, but it's not because of the money. Five dollars, especially when it's going to happen automatically on my credit card, is a value so close to zero the two become indistinguishable for me. If I've decided that I want something, I will pay five dollars to get it. You can hardly say that they haven't made good on their promise to support the game after release, they've given away tons of stuff. However, I think that internally they need to decide what sorts of things rise to the level of "premium" content on a service that's already pay. I mean, what's in the new pack - new gametypes, and some maps? They've given that away before. And I've downloaded it. Also, at this point in the game's life cycle, do they want to release an elective update that will stratify the playerbase? Something to think about. When these "premium" updates devalue the experience for the rest of the players, I mean, theoretically that's something you'd want to avoid. So, what have we learned? Bring this up at your next meeting:

# Realistically, premium or recurring-fee content should only encompass persistent-state games like MMORPGs, or features which have not been previously delivered for free.

# These updates must be delivered in a such a way that they do not divide the base of players which every active game draws upon.

I'm only trying to help.

I've collected Gabe's post and all the additional information regarding our Child's Play Wishlist right over here. We'll have a banner up in the ad spot for it that runs right up to the end, but readers like yourself have already - before the list was even a day old - put up over eight thousand dollars in toys and donations. There's no other word for it but remarkable. I indulge in as much cynicism as anybody else, but when a bunch of people buy toys for extremely sick children you kinda have to work to find the bitterness in it. Really, the only thing I can see wrong with it is that it serves my local community - it serves a large area, but even at that. It's important to note that we think of this as "Phase One." Phase Two, which we are not prepared to deal with yet because it is extremely ambitious, involves the formation of a network that redistributes donated games and game systems for people to install locally. One step at a time, I guess. In the meantime, let's save Christmas!

(CW)TB out.

f l a s h f l o o d

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.