As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I put on my robe and wizard [CHAT]

• Options
    freekfreek Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    thevo1ta wrote:
    try 30gigs :/ I actually had to cut down what I put on my pod because I ran out of much needed room.

Same. Been collecting music for 6 years now. I had to stop because I filled my HD with stupid crap. Now I've got a 30 gb ipod full of stuff. I spend waaaay too much time organizing my iTunes, making sure I have correct albums and album art. I should be working, yet I do this instead.

:|

freek on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Uaaaagh 3 hours, I'm halfway done.

EDIT

I HATE iTUNES!!!

:x

EDIT:

Nevermind...

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Uaaaagh 3 hours, I'm halfway done.

EDIT

I HATE iTUNES!!!

:x

EDIT:

Nevermind...
    TIP:
    You can modify more than one song at a time by shift selecting the songs and going into the info then. Saves time.

freek on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    GUYS I SAW SPIRITED AWAY LAST NIGHT

IT WAS SO

SO

SO GOOD

GUYS

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    spex yes it is

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    squeefishsqueefish Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I finally joined the 21st century and got a cell phone like everyone else on earth.

It's black. And sleek. And pretty. I like it quite a lot. <3 I'm terrified that I'm going to end up using it too often and get gigantic phone bills, though...but oh well. At least I got a student plan.

squeefish on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Congrats on your first pain in the neck, Squeefish ^^

Yay, Spirited away ^^ My eyes got wet when I saw that in our cinema. An real anime, not that poke/digi-crap, in our small town.
    Go on and watch more Ghibli ^^!

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sheri wrote:
    Guys, srsly, help plz.

thx u <3
    Is there a certain role that the photo is filling, or just looking cool? Cause that smoke one is the heat.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Grrr. Someone used my pc and decided to log into their msn on it. Now when I boot up my pc the stupid thing keeps telling me I have 3 unread mails, which I don't.

Also, yes, Spirited Away's great :) I bought it on dvd despite not having seen the movie beforehand, don't regret it one bit.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Sheri wrote:
    Guys, srsly, help plz.

thx u <3
    Is there a certain role that the photo is filling, or just looking cool? Cause that smoke one is the heat.

Well, this is just a university literary magazine contest that I'm submitting to (and the winner will probably be put into the magazine next semester). That's why I'm not really considering people shots, because they don't seem like something I'd see in this lit mag.

Hopefully, they'll judge on what looks coolest. ;)

Sheri on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yea I'm definitely getting back into Anime and Cartoons lately myself after a 3 year hiatus.. In the span of this week I've managed to watch SteamBoy, The two volumes of StarWars Clone Wars, Titan A.E. and the Incredibles. All of which I'd somehow never seen before but totally fucking loved. RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE. :shock:

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Stiiiiiill converting songs....

*sigh* I don't think I'll have them all by tomorrow.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    :(

Yar, I don't know what to do.

I started working on this feature last summer. I took all the shit out of my garage and stuck it in a storage shed, and my friend and I built a wonderful period-ish set in the garage and we filmed until the end of July....people had to go out of town and then school started.

And I'm still paying $130 a month for the shed and we haven't filmed once since we stopped at the end of July. I had hoped that we'd be able to "pull a Nolan" and film on Saturdays, but no....my cast isn't helping me out there, and I do not have enough money to hire non-friends. (I am pretty much the sole-funder and have dumped nearly $12,000 into this project, most of it being reusable equipment- my friend spent a few hundred on props but other than that it's all me).

Anyways, I spent - hmmm - about $1000 building the set alone. I'm wondering if I should take it down during winter break. Or should I dream my dream and hope we can finish up next summer?

I just don't know. It's a lot of money, but I've already spent so much.

NSF65k Some pics if any of you care.

Virum on
  • Options
    Mr. InkswitchMr. Inkswitch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Think of it in poker terms. You've already got $12,000 in the pot. How much will it take to complete? What do you stand to profit in the event of completion? Is the risk worth the reward? All good questions that I couldn't tell you the answer to. ;)

Mr. Inkswitch on
    wwtd2ay4.jpg
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

IT WAS SO

SO

SO GOOD

GUYS
    Isn't it? I was amazed and surprised at how great it was when I first saw it. I actually just got myself a copy of it 2 days ago, because I felt it needed a 2nd watching.

And MT: iTunes for the fucking lose. I have to use it to organise my iPod stuff and it's hella annoying. It just has all these little annoying quirks that all build up to make one big mess of a program. Grargh!

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    The One Dark KnightThe One Dark Knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    But, but...

...I like itunes...

;-;

The One Dark Knight on
    [END]
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

IT WAS SO

SO

SO GOOD

GUYS
    Isn't it? I was amazed and surprised at how great it was when I first saw it. I actually just got myself a copy of it 2 days ago, because I felt it needed a 2nd watching.

<3 Miyazaki

I'm not a big anime fan, but I love that movie. I really have to see porco rosso some time...

Scops on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    fuck

came in on the weekend to finish my metal sculpture

realized i forgot to sign out tools on friday

did like five minutes of welding

what a waste of time

What kind of metalworking do you do.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    But, but...

...I like itunes...

;-;

Well,

then YOU JUST SUCK!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

nahhhh, I'm just kidding. You're alright by me Dark Knight.

Miyazaki = GOD of all animated movies.
    ...Screw Disney.

I loved Spirited Away, but it's Princess Mononoke ftw!

Oh noes! I was totpd!! :shock:

BOTP:
    Forbe! wrote:
    fuck

came in on the weekend to finish my metal sculpture

realized i forgot to sign out tools on friday

did like five minutes of welding

what a waste of time

What kind of metalworking do you do.

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Virum wrote:

I started working on this feature last summer. I took all the shit out of my garage and stuck it in a storage shed, and my friend and I built a wonderful period-ish set in the garage and we filmed until the end of July....people had to go out of town and then school started.

And I'm still paying $130 a month for the shed and we haven't filmed once since we stopped at the end of July. I had hoped that we'd be able to "pull a Nolan" and film on Saturdays, but no....my cast isn't helping me out there, and I do not have enough money to hire non-friends. (I am pretty much the sole-funder and have dumped nearly $12,000 into this project, most of it being reusable equipment- my friend spent a few hundred on props but other than that it's all me).

Anyways, I spent - hmmm - about $1000 building the set alone. I'm wondering if I should take it down during winter break. Or should I dream my dream and hope we can finish up next summer?

Think of it in poker terms. You've already got $12,000 in the pot. How much will it take to complete? What do you stand to profit in the event of completion? Is the risk worth the reward? All good questions that I couldn't tell you the answer to. ;)
    Mmmm.

Well most of the cost has been reusable equipment, so I've really only about 2k, maybe 3k in the pot I spose.

It's about 90 minutes long, and I'd say we have maybe 10 minutes filmed - it's hard to say.

Reward? Who knows, a really cool calling card film? A few festival awards? A distribution deal? The only thing for sure would be experience.

We've put 3 years into it already, I just hate giving up on it. Now that I'm working again I can afford to rent the storage space, but I hate wasting that much money.

However, I don't have to build a set when summer break starts so in theory, I'd have a ton more time to work on it assuming I can get the actor friends to give me some time.

Virum on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I just want to go home now. Please let me go home ma'am. Please.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Wow, I just realized I look really lame for my NaNoWriMo. I need to upload some words!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Haha, Mr. Ellioto has written ZERO words!

So much for a novel, hmmmm?

:P

EDIT:

how many words do they consider a novel?
    because it looks like you have a little bar to fill, so how many words does it take to fill it up?

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    So, you're writing one of those snooty "post-modern" novels then?

"My novel is about those moments in life that moments can not express, and that being as it is, I felt it important to express the non-expressability of such moments by not embarking on such a futile cause by attempting to describe them with words."

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    PenguinoPenguino Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Antibodies wrote:
    In the span of this week I've managed to watch SteamBoy, The two volumes of StarWars Clone Wars, Titan A.E. and the Incredibles. All of which I'd somehow never seen before but totally fucking loved. RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE. :shock:

Titan A.E certainly is a good movie. Spirited Away was enthralling :shock:

Penguino on
    PenguinoSignaturecopy.jpg
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Titan A.E.? Never heard of it.

Googling time.

EDIT: Hmm... Mixed reviews. Well, I'm a sucker for visuals and special effects, I guess I'll give it a shot some time.

Scops on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Penguino wrote:
    Antibodies wrote:
    In the span of this week I've managed to watch SteamBoy, The two volumes of StarWars Clone Wars, Titan A.E. and the Incredibles. All of which I'd somehow never seen before but totally fucking loved. RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE. :shock:

Titan A.E certainly is a good movie. Spirited Away was enthralling :shock:

Oh I'm well aware my good man- I saw the thing opening night here in the States with six friends or so, total hardcore animedorks. We were laughing uncontrollably and then being nearly six and a half feet tall I went to AnimeCentral that year dressed as NoFace.

I still think Mononoke trumps Howls Castle, Spirited, Kikis and most Miyazakis other stuff though. Mononoke got me into anime in the first place. Before that all I knew was DBZ and Sailor moon. I'm still much more of an American cartooning type guy though but anime does have an inkling of influence in my art.

And yea Titan A.E. got destroyed rating and box office wise, it came out the same time as X-Men so it got zero publicity and was just marketed all wrong. Don Bluth fucking rules though, all his stuff is worth looking at.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Nausicaä > Everything after it.

They're all esentially about the same thing, though.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Right now, I have no fewer than four different Optimus Primes on my desk.

multimoog on
  • Options
    Mr. InkswitchMr. Inkswitch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Virum wrote:
    Virum wrote:

Mmmm.

Well most of the cost has been reusable equipment, so I've really only about 2k, maybe 3k in the pot I spose.

It's about 90 minutes long, and I'd say we have maybe 10 minutes filmed - it's hard to say.

Reward? Who knows, a really cool calling card film? A few festival awards? A distribution deal? The only thing for sure would be experience.

We've put 3 years into it already, I just hate giving up on it. Now that I'm working again I can afford to rent the storage space, but I hate wasting that much money.

However, I don't have to build a set when summer break starts so in theory, I'd have a ton more time to work on it assuming I can get the actor friends to give me some time.

Well, sounds like you really want to keep it going. I'd do it. It's only money. More can be made.

Mr. Inkswitch on
    wwtd2ay4.jpg
  • Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    GOOOD MORNING AC!!

I FINALLY won the auction for the Tablet I wanted, got a Wacom graphire.

Just gotta wait on the mail! Hurry damn you!!

Golem on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    Good morning, whores.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Good morning, Vietnam.

This is the best monday ever! Yes, life is beautiful!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Any particular reason? It doesn't seem too special to me, other than having missed half the day due to sleeping a lot.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    grifter81 wrote:
    firefox-spread-btn-2.png
    I upgraded!
    But I don't like the new tab-settings. Ver1 had the close-x always at the very right of the bar :/

Anybody saw Pom Poko or My neighbours the Yamadas?

But now the close-x is on every tab. It just makes sense.

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ape2001 wrote:
    grifter81 wrote:
    firefox-spread-btn-2.png
    I upgraded!
    But I don't like the new tab-settings. Ver1 had the close-x always at the very right of the bar :/

Anybody saw Pom Poko or My neighbours the Yamadas?

But now the close-x is on every tab. It just makes sense.

I did too. I'm used to the close tabs on the tabs themselves at home cause I use Safari, but at work I got used to them being over there. Now I'm adjusting to them being in the same place and it doesn't make sense to me why I have to.

MagicToaster - I'm going to have to agree with you. It's a great Monday. I'm actually getting stuff done. (besides posting here)

freek on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited November 2006
    But it just makes sense having the close button on the tabs themselves.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Any particular reason? It doesn't seem too special to me, other than having missed half the day due to sleeping a lot.

You remember that campaign I was doing? It went over so well that the President of the company came to meet me.

I almost crapped my pants.

EDIT:

Who upgraded first; IE or FireFox?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    grifter81 wrote:
    But it just makes sense having the close button on the tabs themselves.

Yeah, it does make sense. I like it. What doesn't make sense is me getting used to the tabs being there when at home they're there anyway.

freek on
This discussion has been closed.