As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who wants to make a new game? :D

• dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Seriously, this is amazing, I almost have a tear in my eye from the flood of memories coming back. But now in Hi-Def Atari graphics.

Thank you, so, so much.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Awesome job slash! :^: Not only do I love it, but my 3 y/o son won't stop playing it either. You sir, are officially the Wii of the boards. o_O

Seriously, great job!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Awesome job slash! :^: Not only do I love it, but my 3 y/o son won't stop playing it either. You sir, are officially the Wii of the boards. o_O

Seriously, great job!

Thanks so much :)

I'm glad that you're spreading the joy of "Adventure" to the next generation as well! :D

slash000 on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Seriously, great job!

Thanks so much :)

I'm glad that you're spreading the joy of "Adventure" to the next generation as well! :D

I also picked up the 80 Atari games disc at Office Max for $4.99 just so he could play those. It brought a tear to my eye seeng him happily playing Combat and Yar's Revenge. OK, a few tears; I'm only human damn it!

He really liked watching the dragon eat him when he got cornered. You really did a great job man; your making PA look good with all the attention it's getting too.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, I just unlocked D. Mode, and noticed the cameo appearance of the Penny Arcade Forums. :^:

yurnamehere on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just noticed that the normal Quest 1 has a magnet in the throne room of the black castle, while the classic Quest 1 has no magnet.

jothki on
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    jothki wrote: »
    I just noticed that the normal Quest 1 has a magnet in the throne room of the black castle, while the classic Quest 1 has no magnet.

No, it's there....

blkthrone.jpg

...Unless you are are talking about classic from the reboot....

Also I would like to have classic mode for the bridge turned on by default.... It just doesn't feel right. :/ I know slash and I have gone over this... What do you guys think?

halkun on
    edited May 2009
    halkun wrote: »
    Every program loop, each of the dragons are moved. Yellow/green two pixels, and red three.

I saw this in a post back on the first page.

When the hero transitions between rooms, does this cause the program loops to speed up for a time? This may explain some of the weirdness exhibited by the bat and the dragons (namely, when chasing you they seem to warp right away into the room after you even if they were most of a screen away when you left the last room).

Also, this:
    The bat has a "boredom timer" that goes down from 255 when it has something. When it drops to 0 it
    drops whatever it has and goes into "seek" mode when it leaves the room.

I don't believe this is 100% correct, or at least is worded poorly. When the boredom timer runs out, the bat doesn't just drop what he has on the spot, he will continue to carry it until he sees something else. I believe the boredom timer might just override the priority on whatever he's carrying for the first thing he sees. (Referring to the original, of course.)

yurnamehere on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    slash you should email warren robinett with this.

also, congrats on getting this thing done and released!

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2009
    jothki wrote: »

I had to take it out of the Classic Q1 for code reasons. I might be able to get it in for v2 though maybe. It's just a silly bonus thing anyway, the classic q1 :P

slash000 on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Amazing work guys!

Congratulations on all the internet fame too!

Drake on
    edited May 2009
    We have internet fame?

halkun on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We have internet fame?

Your fifteen minutes, sir.

Drake on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    For those of you interested in the Score itself, I have uploaded the score at megaupload, in a RAR file. This file contains all of the music used in MIDI format.

Khavall on
    edited May 2009
    Here we go...

A bug list from some "Adventure" hard core gamers.
    -The bat. It doesn't act anywhere near how it does in the original game... It seems to drop things in a random location without picking something else up, as soon as it leaves the screen. Also it's TOO hard; many time as soon as I grab something it shows up immediately - there doesn't seem to be any 'flight pattern'.

-The bat also shows up in castles. I know the bat can fly into a castle, but it's only when you are on the same screen as the entrance. Here as soon as you go in, the bat is suddenly there.

-There have been quite a few times where I've walked into a room with an object, walked out and quickly back in, and the object is gone. I don't think it's the bat, because there have been times when I've seen it immediately afterwards, not holding anything.

- It's too easy to kill the dragons with the sword. There's no flicker to make it more difficult.

- I like to open a castle and then carry the key out of the castle on my side so the gate stays open. That way, I have something to trade with the bat. You can't carry the key on your side in this version.

All in all it appears that the bat is broken. :(

Also the gates are a little broken too. You need to *touch* the gate with the key to make them move. This is a problem because you can orientate the key in the original. The problem is you have to be able to open/close castle door from the outside without having to go in. (Once you are in the throne room, the game assumes the gate is open)

you should recode it like this...
    Drop the edge of the gate down a little bit (Like in the original). If the hero is in the doorway and touches the closing gate before the gate closes pop him in the throne room and set the door open. (Like the original). The the hero gets out of the closeing doorway (running south) and allows the gate to close then the door is shut and locked. This is very close to the original mechanic.

Slash, with your engine, can you update variables every game loop? This is critical to properly code the bat.

The bat algo goes something like this.

every loop
    {
    Update bat, dragon position (New x,y,room)
    if bat, dragon in the same room than draw them(x,y)
    if not don't draw them
    }

It appears That my assessment is wrong, after 255 cycles, the bat seems to "hang on" to the object until another object is in the same room, *then* he drops the item for the highest value in the priority list.

Also, so you have the ability to send me the source? I don't have your middleware, but and can at least see how deviated from the original code concept it is. (As I have the original source)

halkun on
    edited May 2009
    - I like to open a castle and then carry the key out of the castle on my side so the gate stays open. That way, I have something to trade with the bat. You can't carry the key on your side in this version.
    That's in the game.

try this: Quest 1, grab yellow key, enter yellow castle. Now you want to leave but keep the gate open? Okay, just walk out, and it'll be closing, but you can simply touch the key to the gate without re-entering the castle... It's not like you have to reenter the castle every time you unlock it. ;) It just doesn't seem necessary to code some extra thing when there really isn't any need to.. Alternatively, you can grab the yellow key and touch it to the gate.. and just not walk in. Or set it down outside and then walk in.

The effect is the same as having a funny little "drop down" of the gate like you described, except it doesn't require having to walk all the way up the entranceway of the door to tap the key to the gate.. I mean, I could make a Youtube video showing how the effect is the same if you'd like..
    The problem is you have to be able to open/close castle door from the outside without having to go in.

Actually you can. Have you tried unlocking the gate and then not walking in? Because you can unlock it and then choose not to walk into the castle.

Re: the bat. Answer to question 1: Yes I can essentially update my program variables every loop, essentially.

Anyway, some questions for you:
    Does the bat or does not the bat always have an item? In other words, he grabs a sword as soon as he starts. Does he never let go of an item unless he's also picking up an item at the same time? Does he always have an item no matter what? Also, you mention a "flight pattern." I haven't been able to discern any flight pattern in the original game. What is the "flight pattern?" Tell me precisely how the bat acts; the more minute, extremely detailed, and precise it is the closer I can make it.

It would take some major alterations to this but I'll see what I can do. I think there is a little over expectation with how much of a practical difference (ultimately the bat will take what you have; and even if you could chase it across screen you cannot catch up to it) it will make but I'll do it anyway. Can't work on it for 3 weeks though because of final exams.

What I might just end up doing is making the bat more 'fair' in a quick update by altering a few things, so people can play it like that while I work on a more comprehensive bat re-code.

slash000 on
    edited May 2009
    Anyway, some questions for you:
    Does the bat or does not the bat always have an item? In other words, he grabs a sword as soon as he starts. Does he never let go of an item unless he's also picking up an item at the same time? Does he always have an item no matter what? Also, you mention a "flight pattern." I haven't been able to discern any flight pattern in the original game. What is the "flight pattern?" Tell me precisely how the bat acts; the more minute, extremely detailed, and precise it is the closer I can make it.

It would take some major alterations to this but I'll see what I can do. I think there is a little over expectation with how much of a practical difference (ultimately the bat will take what you have; and even if you could chase it across screen you cannot catch up to it) it will make but I'll do it anyway. Can't work on it for 3 weeks though because of final exams.

What I might just end up doing is making the bat more 'fair' in a quick update by altering a few things, so people can play it like that while I work on a more comprehensive bat re-code.

Once the bat picks up an item, he will always have an item. He never drops what he's carrying until the instant he grabs a new item.

As far as flight pattern... Once the bat starts flying in a certain direction, he will maintain that trajectory until he starts chasing after a new item. I believe even if you grab him and then let go, he will continue to fly in the direction he was going before you grabbed him, but I'll have to confirm that.

Also, a little side note. When the bat is chasing an item along the horizontal plane, he doesn't exactly fly straight. He bobs up and down, and will end up flying off at an angle once he grabs what he's chasing. (This is probably so he won't fly right into your hands as he grabs what you're carrying.) He will follow a straight-line diagonal or vertical path if necessary, though.

yurnamehere on
    edited May 2009
    Once the bat picks up an item, he will always have an item. He never drops what he's carrying until the instant he grabs a new item.

OK, that shouldn't be too hard to fix.
    As far as flight pattern... Once the bat starts flying in a certain direction, he will maintain that trajectory until he starts chasing after a new item. I believe even if you grab him and then let go, he will continue to fly in the direction he was going before you grabbed him, but I'll have to confirm that.

You'll have to confirm both that he continues the same trajectory upon release, but also: you'll have to explain in greater detail how and when he decides to start "chasing after a new item." How exactly does it work?
    Also, a little side note. When the bat is chasing an item along the horizontal plane, he doesn't exactly fly straight. He bobs up and down, and will end up flying off at an angle once he grabs what he's chasing. (This is probably so he won't fly right into your hands as he grabs what you're carrying.) He will follow a straight-line diagonal or vertical path if necessary, though.

So, when he approaches a new item, he will change trajectory upon grabbing the new item? Unless he's moving perfectly vert/horiz?

slash000 on
    edited May 2009

OK, that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

You'll have to confirm both that he continues the same trajectory upon release, but also: you'll have to explain in greater detail how and when he decides to start "chasing after a new item." How exactly does it work?

So, when he approaches a new item, he will change trajectory upon grabbing the new item? Unless he's moving perfectly vert/horiz?

I don't know exactly what the calculations are as far as when he starts chasing a new item. I imagine it has something to do with the boredom timer halkun mentioned, as well as the priorities he places on certain items. My guess is, if he's not bored, he will keep what he's got until he sees a higher priority item. Once he becomes bored, he will grab the next thing he sees. An equally likely possibiltiy is that the priority is only used when choosing from multiple new objects to grab and he will only get a new item when he's bored.

When he sees somethign he wants, he'll change direction to an appropriate diagonal approach until he hits the vertical/horizontal axis of the item he's chasing. If vertical, he will fly straight up or down as necessary. If horizontal, he'll "bob". Whatever his trajectory is the moment he hits the new item is the trajectory he'll keep until something else catches his attention. (I will confirm this last point to be absolutely sure, but I'm about 95% confident right now).

yurnamehere on
    edited May 2009
    Ok, well, the more specificity the better I can do it. I appreciate it.

slash000 on
    edited May 2009
    OK, about the bobbing....

Apparently, in the original the screen is split up into horizontal bars that are the height of your character. If you are perfectly lined up inside one of these bars, the bat/dragons will take a straight horizontal approach.
    If you are positioned on the line between two of these bars, the bat/dragons will bob up and down between the two as it makes a horizontal approach.

I confirmed that the bat retains it's trajectory if you grab him and let go, and also that whatever direction he's going the instant he grabs an object is the direction he continues flying.

On a non-bat note, in your version do the dragons start moving as soon as the game starts, or do they sit still waiting for the player to enter where they are (this is assuming they are not placed in a room with an object they guard)?

yurnamehere on
    edited May 2009
    Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na.....BAT-CODE!!!!!!!!!
    // This happens every game loop

void MoveBat()
    {

// This is the bat

OBJECT* bat = &objectDefs[OBJECT_BAT];

//  flap wings 
        static int flapTimer = 0;
        if (++flapTimer >= 0x04)
        {
            bat->state = (bat->state == 0) ? 1 : 0;
            flapTimer = 0;
        }

// If the timer is < 255 the bat isn't bored of what he's got yet

if ((bat->linkedObject != OBJECT_NONE) && (batFedUpTimer < 0xff))
            ++batFedUpTimer;

// The timer is > 255 the bat is bored now

if (batFedUpTimer >= 0xff)
        {
            // Get the bat's current bounding box
            int batX, batY, batW, batH;
            CalcPlayerSpriteExtents(bat, &batX, &batY, &batW, &batH);

// Enlarge the bat bounding box by 7 pixels for the proximity checks below
            // (doing the bat once is faster than doing each object and the results are the same)
            batX-=7;
            batY-=7;
            batW+=7*2;
            batH+=7*2;

// Go through the bat's object priority matrix
            const int* matrixP = batMatrix;
            do
            {
                // Get the object it is seeking
                const OBJECT* seekObject = &objectDefs[*matrixP];

// is the object in this room?

if ((seekObject->room == bat->room) && (bat->linkedObject != *matrixP))
                {
                    int seekX = seekObject->x;
                    int seekY = seekObject->y;

// Set the movement direction

// horizontal axis
                    if (bat->x < seekX)
                    {
                        bat->movementX = 3;
                    }
                    else if (bat->x > seekX)
                    {
                        bat->movementX = -3;
                    }
                    else bat->movementX = 0;

// vertical axis
                    if (bat->y < seekY)
                    {
                        bat->movementY = 3;
                    }
                    else if (bat->y > seekY)
                    {
                        bat->movementY = -3;
                    }
                    else bat->movementY = 0;

// If the bat is within 7 pixels of the seek object it can pick the object up
                    // The bat bounding box have already been expanded by 7 pixels above, so a simple
                    // rectangle intersection test is good enought here

int objX, objY, objW, objH;
                    CalcPlayerSpriteExtents(seekObject, &objX, &objY, &objW, &objH);

if (HitTestRects(batX, batY, batW, batH, objX, objY, objW, objH))
                    {
                        // Hit something we want

// If the bat grabs something that the hero  is carrying, the bat gets it
                        // This allows the bat to take something we are carrying
                        if (*matrixP == objectHero.linkedObject)
                        {
                            // Now we have nothing
                            objectHero.linkedObject = OBJECT_NONE;
                        }

// Pick it up
                        bat->linkedObject = *matrixP;
                        bat->linkedObjectX = 8;
                        bat->linkedObjectY = 0;

// Reset the boredom timer
                        batFedUpTimer = 0;
                    }

// break since we found something
                    break;
                }
            }
            while (*(++matrixP));

}
    }

halkun on
  • AlienMastermindAlienMastermind Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey Slash! This is awesome, and has given me a little bit of inspiration over at my webcomic. Because you guys are kickass, I'm posting the image here for you to see the comic (It's about the next iteration of re-imagined properties).
    ds95final.jpg

Also, did you guys know that some dudes were working on a 5200 sequel?

Alien

AlienMastermind on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What.

Those 5200 sequel people are stupid anyways.

Their remake is doomed. DOOOOOOMED!

Their score will be worse too.

Khavall on
  • AlienMastermindAlienMastermind Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No, REALLY.

It's not dooooooomed. It's doooooooone. It was a homebrew game, manufactured for the 5200. Which, much like my turbocharging aftermarket kit for the Yugo, is probably a big waste of time. :)

Alien.

AlienMastermind on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Will you be releasing the source for this? I'd love to see this ported to DS/PSP/Wii.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    edited May 2009
    Found another bug, you can be visibly eaten by two dragons at exactly the same time.

Edit: Also, if you move onto a screen with a dead dragon right on the edge, dumping you directly on the dragon's corpse, your motion is locked and you have to reset to get free.

jothki on
  • TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    http://digg.com/d1qX3q

Not Adventure related, but it is Slash000 related :)

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
    edited May 2009
    Yellow Castle: Dragons check in, they don't check out. Useful, but cheap and the original code probably didn't work that way.

Also, if you're holding the bat holding the sword, you can kill dragons that are hiding off of the right side of the screen.

jothki on
  • Byte KnightByte Knight Registered User new member
    edited May 2009
    Hi slash000,

Great job on this game - you've managed to modernize the graphics while keeping the feel of the old game. It's amazing how much attention Adventure gets 30 years later.

I recently made an little Adventure sequel for the Atari 2600 called Evil Magician Returns using batari Basic. It's based on the Evil Magician mentioned in the Adventure manual. Check it out - you can play it with an Atari Emulator such as Stella.

Byte Knight on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Whoo beat Quest 2! Whoo!

Got the Easter Egg too.
    Is that your Duke Nukem Forever preorder pinned to the wall? :lol:

Also, what exactly does Quest 2.5 do?

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited May 2009
    Haha, in response to question 1.. perhaps ;) I didn't expect it to be so relevant when I drew in that art though at this point in time.

Quest 2.5 is a cross between Quest 2 and Quest 3. In Quest 2, items always start out in the same exact place. in Quest 3 items are always scattered each time. In Quest 2.5, items always start in the same general area, but not always the exact same place. So in Q2.5, you will go to the same general places first, and open up new areas in the same order, but the precise placement of items won't be the same every time.

It gives you more consistency than Quest 3 but it's not the same every time like Quest 2. Plus, the order of areas you visit is different than Quest 2. So I think it should shake things up a little compared to Quest 2 but not make it all tottally random like Quest 3.

slash000 on
  • unknownsome1unknownsome1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just downloaded the game. Really nice job slash000. I haven't beaten any quests yet but I'm having fun with it.

unknownsome1 on
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Awesome game, slash and halkun and all.

I am really starting to hate the bat though. And dragons chasing me through forests.

And also changing screens, finding myself instantly sandwiched between two dragons facing in opposite directions, and not being able to move up, down, left, or right at all. X__X

I'll figure this game out eventually. I hear it helps to unlock castles and then leave the keys outside, so the bat will have more things to pick up than what's in my hands right now.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited May 2009
    mspencer wrote: »
    Awesome game, slash and halkun and all.

I am really starting to hate the bat though. And dragons chasing me through forests.

And also changing screens, finding myself instantly sandwiched between two dragons facing in opposite directions, and not being able to move up, down, left, or right at all. X__X

I'll figure this game out eventually. I hear it helps to unlock castles and then leave the keys outside, so the bat will have more things to pick up than what's in my hands right now.

It pretty much doesn't. Bats drop their items really, really quickly.

jothki on
    edited May 2009
    I just managed to find a bug with castle doorways. If you leave a castle's key inside of it, dump an item outside right where you appear when you leave the castle, and then enter the castle, take the key, and leave, the castle gate will lock, you'll pick up the item, and the key will disappear entirely.

I was playing around with this because I noticed something else slightly less critical. When you leave a castle holding it's key, the key won't be visible right where you appear outside, only appearing when you move. The two bugs might or might not be related.

Edit: Further testing reveals that any item always disappears when you first enter a screen, I just hadn't noticed it.

The bug with screen transitioning onto an item is also more universal, though it usually just dumps the item you were holding somewhere on the screen. Sometimes the item doesn't immediately appear, but leaving the screen and coming back will make it appear.

However, the castle gate bug is indeed a problem. Usually the key gets dumped somewhere else on the screen like for any other transition, but I managed to repeat getting it to disappear entirely and not return after leaving the screen and coming back.

jothki on
    edited May 2009
    Actually I'm starting to get an idea why I think the bat is too aggressive. There might be two bats -- when operating out of sight of the player, it's possible there are two bats moving items around, and a double chance that one of these bats will pursue the player looking for an item to carry.

Start game 2 in easy mode. Hold the down arrow, such that as soon as the game starts you're going down to the second screen. Move a bit to the left (so you're near the same horizontal coordinate as where the sword was, above you) and wait a moment for the bat to fly down toward you.

Depending on ...something I haven't figured out yet, position or something, you may observe:

* if the bat flies into you such that you catch the bat, but you don't move, you might see one bat to your left, a second bat below you, and the sword the bat is carrying to the right of the lower bat.

* or you might be carrying the bat but see a strange 'fluttering' of the wings which suggests two overlapping bats

* or as the bat is flying down toward you, you might see two slightly offset bats, about 3 or 4 pixels apart.

Slash, can you get some instrumentation on these bats, figure out how they're spawning and how their code is working? I wonder if you don't have two bats running at once, in a way that's difficult to detect.

Edit: I'm still trying to reproduce the "bat to the left and bat below" bug I saw but didn't screencap. Here's a screencap of what looks like a bit of strange ghosting. This bat was flying top-to-bottom though and had no reason to be drawing itself offset to the left or right.

twobats.jpg

Edit2: after catching that bat, going to the left toward the black castle and killing the green dragon with that sword, I just now picked up the white key, went north to the locked black castle (which I can't yet enter), went south back to the green dragon corpse, and the bat took my white key. What's weird though is the bat appeared to have stuttering movement, I heard the "take item" noise about five times in under a second, and then a lone bat (without an item) seemed to stay still at the top center of the screen for about a second. Just as I decided to walk upward toward that bat, it disappeared.

Do you actually want to hear these bug reports? Is there concern about the authenticity of my observations -- as in, I need to produce evidence or else my report is useless?

mspencer on
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
    edited May 2009
    Also regarding unlocking things:
    Slash previously said to unlock three of the four locked items you had to beat 2, 3, and 2.5 on medium. I have done that, but both H and D modes remain locked.

I did quest 2 on medium in 775 seconds, no star. That unlocked 2.5.
    I completed 2.5 in 593 seconds on medium. Nothing unlocked.
    I completed 3 in 407 seconds on medium. Bronze star. That unlocked retro quest 1 I think.
    I completed 2.5 again on medium, but I don't remember my time. (longer than 593 seconds.) Nothing unlocked.

X__X

mspencer on
    edited May 2009
    To unlock one of the things, you have to beat one of the quests on Hard I think. I think Q2. It's hard for me to remember because I set the unlock criteria in like 30 minutes amidst a bunch of other stuff. But I think it's Medium on Q2 and Q3 and then Hard on Q2.. Or maybe you have to beat Quest 2.5 on Medium to get something. Hard to remember. D.Mode is not unlocked by beating a Quest.....

I think beating one of the quests.. I think it's Q2.. .on Hard, I believe unlocks Quest H. I think.

Quest H is a bitch though so I'd be surprised if someone is able to beat it.

slash000 on
    edited May 2009
    Oh yeah, the bat/bat glitches: The bat's getting a 100% code overhaul starting next week. It'll probably take me a long time to overhaul it, but when I'm done it'll be much, much, much, much, much closer to how the original worked, and it'll be a lot less frustrating. (the new bat's going to be based on what I got from halkun and from yurnameishere)

mspencer wrote: »
    Do you actually want to hear these bug reports? Is there concern about the authenticity of my observations -- as in, I need to produce evidence or else my report is useless?

Sure, you (and anyone else) can report bugs. Most of the Bat-related stuff is going to become somewhat moot though I think since I'm totally erasing all the bat code and starting over in about a week (with a totally new algorithm in mind). I mean, you (and anyone else) can still mention it, but when I redo the bat code I'm going to try and eliminate all the bat issues all at once with something of a more cohesive and comprehensive bat code.

But the other stuff regarding dragons and items I'm trying to keep track of.

slash000 on