As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND 2: Use the new thread

• Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Morgan wrote: »
    Erandus wrote: »
    Maybe if I offer to let him drum...

Hey pal, thats MY drum set your talking about.... me thinks no, unless you wanna be hobbled when I get home.

You mean like.... HOBBLED?? D:

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    I'll buy it when I get home.

Someone else got it on GAF:

zx3azb.jpg
    w22dz5.jpg

Giant Marshall stacks! I'm actually really tempted; I like the dark look and stage lights. This makes me a whore, doesn't it?

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, grabbing it then. I like dark backgrounds. Been rocking the Castle Crashers one for a long while.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How much is the Rock Band 2 theme? I tired to get in to look at it but Live wasn't working right for me.

Schide on
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    250 points. All of the new Premium themes built for the new dashboard are.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Thanks. I figured they'd all be the same price but I couldn't see any prices so that didn't exactly work.

Hmm, I might get it. I don't really like any of the already loaded ones.

Oh wait. Well, I'll wait to get it anyway.

Schide on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How big is Rock Band 2 if we want to install it on the hard drive?

YardGnome on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Something like 6gb.

Arikado on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    YardGnome wrote: »
    How big is Rock Band 2 if we want to install it on the hard drive?

6.3 gigabytes when I went to install it. Sadly, I'm still on a 20gb hard drive and don't have the space to try it out.

Just had a great run through the Impossible Marathon part 2 and killed it, 29/30 stars on expert guitar. Sadly Visions and a 4 and a half stars were the only blemish on the run. 5 starred Battery and Shoulder the Plow for the first time.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know who I would love in Rock Band? Bedouin Soundclash.

I'd like either "St. Andrews":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsVp48XWZJk

or "Walls Fall Down":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lriwABqBNDA

Are these guys popular in America at all? Or are they only moderately well known in Canada?

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I disappoints me that even with the new dashboard update, Microsoft STILL doesn't allow you to preview themes. For 250 points, I'd like to know what it is I'm getting.

I like the look of the Rock Band 2 premium theme, but it's just so expensive...

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    AmaranthAmaranth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Roll on Friday!

game shipped today so hopefully will get it on time.

Amaranth on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Has anybody been able to use the new Marketplace queue on the Xbox website?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Amaranth wrote: »
    Roll on Friday!

game shipped today so hopefully will get it on time.

your avatar and sig really make me want more PJ in RB...Do The Evolution would be pretty damn fun.

toolbert on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Has anybody been able to use the new Marketplace queue on the Xbox website?

I was finally able to access this feature. And it's a bit of an understatement to suggest that they have some kinks to work out.

For the record, it was awesome selecting things to buy on the PC and then logging in on the 360 and having it automatically start to download.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh shit yes.

I was just messing around on my reeltar and figured out how to do Misirlou-style strumming. Just a brush of the pick against the string. I'm on-or-off (being off slightly I either miss the string on the upstroke or my pick hits the string and gets caught on the downstroke), but with a bit of practice I think I can be consistent at it.

I never even realized that it was so easy. When I get it going it feels really natural. (Although when I can't get it going it seems hard again. :P )

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    of all the times for me to be on vacation... I had to get my rock band fix down at a local run down Best buy. One of the guitar's green fret buttons was missing, the drums had no skins and the sticks were nothing but splinters. But I played bass on the solo frets and I waited my turn and rocked the fuck outta Bon Jovi with the better guitar.

You know, RB2 is the other reason I can't wait to get home.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh shit yes.

I was just messing around on my reeltar and figured out how to do Misirlou-style strumming.

FYI: "Tremolo-picking" is a more generalized term for what you're describing. If you really want to get fast with it, I recommend using a small and very stiff pick. But as with anything, take your time and start slow.

metaghost on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I'm looking to pick this up Friday or Saturday for the 360. Do ya'll still play online together?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »
    So I'm looking to pick this up Friday or Saturday for the 360. Do ya'll still play online together?

There's a good number of us that play regularly, yes.

I haven't actually played in over a week, and that's the longest I've gone without playing RB2 since I got it... Tell you what, I'll be online to play with you this weekend. Just let me know if you'd prefer for me to drum or play guitar/bass.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'll be around this weekend for online action, hopefully.

Arikado on
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I haven't actually played in over a week, and that's the longest I've gone without playing RB2 since I got it... Tell you what, I'll be online to play with you this weekend. Just let me know if you'd prefer for me to drum or play guitar/bass.

I'm probably going to try out drumming. I used to play drums, and seems like a natural entry point for me.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'm probably going to try out drumming. I used to play drums, and seems like a natural entry point for me.

Well, I usually play drums in RB, so don't feel hesitant about telling me if you want me to. :)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll try to hop on at some point too, then. Sounds fun. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh shit yes.

I was just messing around on my reeltar and figured out how to do Misirlou-style strumming. Just a brush of the pick against the string. I'm on-or-off (being off slightly I either miss the string on the upstroke or my pick hits the string and gets caught on the downstroke), but with a bit of practice I think I can be consistent at it.

I never even realized that it was so easy. When I get it going it feels really natural. (Although when I can't get it going it seems hard again. :P )

Now go look at a Miserlou tab and start playing!

Also in real guitar news, I've lately been trying to get the chords to Melissa down. I'm really bad at switching chords but I think I'm improving.

Schide on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Has anyone else installed RB2 to their hard drive? I need someone to backup my earlier claim.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would but my brother's had drive doesn't have nearly enough space for it. I'll definitely be installing it on mine though. But that won't be for over another month. So...that really wasn't helpful at all.

Schide on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I installed RB2 to my hard drive earlier but I haven't played it since. I can try to confirm it tomorrow.

What was you earlier claim, anyway?

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Load times are a couple of seconds long.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would, but I think I have something like 4 gigs left :(

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I upgraded to a larger drive mainly because of RB DLC. It's a nice bonus to be able to have a ton of stuff without worrying about space.

Not sure what most people are willing to pay, but you might be lucky to find one at Target for $90 if its reached that clearance point at your store. Circuit City also might have it for $99 which you could get for $85 if you use the $15 off $100 coupon that are always near the register. That is if you have any CCs in your area.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I installed it. Loads are much shorter. That's not really the biggest deal. The most important part is that the system is whisper quiet while you play.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Just like the PS3!

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Just like the PS3!

Except that there are more than 3 people who play it.
    :P

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what advantage does the 6 gb install give you? Slightly faster load times?

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Pretty much. I'd only recommend it if you have a large hard drive. Not really worth it if you only have a 20 GB.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So was the 360 load time for RB2 slightly longer than on the PS3, and this install for the 360 even them out, or does the 360 version have the shorter load times now as a result?

Not that I would repurchase the game, equipment, and content for 360. I'm mainly just curious.

Dirty on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    Just like the PS3!

Except that there are more than 3 people who play it.
    :P

/cry

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dirty wrote: »
    So was the 360 load time for RB2 slightly longer than on the PS3, and this install for the 360 even them out, or does the 360 version have the shorter load times now as a result?

Not that I would repurchase the game, equipment, and content for 360. I'm mainly just curious.

Is there a mandatory install for the PS3? I would think before the NXE loads were the same for both consoles.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't have one but I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be. RB2 doesn't use the HDD utility partition on the 360, because at most they would be able to cache the character data. There'd be no point to caching the song. And the the other stuff (like the stage) doesn't need to be unloaded out of RAM during a set.

FyreWulff on