As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

my very own electronic (IDM) music

clayhillpeakclayhillpeak Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Artist's Corner
so appearently you can post music on here? who knew? obviously not me. so here you go, here are 3 of my many songs. if you like them ill post some more, if not, you can call me a homosexual and i will cry in the corner. either way its going to be a fun night for everyone. here we go

Butterfly Guitar(2MB)
I Am Spinning(2.5MB)
The Ice People(5MB)
edit - 4 more songs posted:
Warmth(7MB)
Ouroboros(5MB)
Nonsequential Stimulation(3MB)
Midget Crush Anthem(8MB)

clayhillpeak on

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Well I like em.. too lazy to crit right now so I'll just say post more.

TheBog on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Uncrittable from my standpoint. I really enjoy this. I would love to listen to more. Something I wish I could work towards a bit more with my own music. Keep up the excellent work.

Saved them too, if that's alright with you?

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    First one is the best IMO.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Very true. I think it might of been a bit gritty in my opinion, but the song in general hasn't lost it's integritty. :lol: I didn't notice that one for a few seconds.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh Neo, do stop. You are making my sides split :P

Cool music though... Post Moar... Then I might be able to think of some crits :)

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    alrighty, i went ahead and posted 4 more songs, feel free to download or ignore them. if you feel like critiquing them, then please do critique them. thanks for listening.

clayhillpeak on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Fudge you. Even more excellent stuff. First, do you have like an album for purchase or the like? Second, get a little publicity by posting other places on the net. Net radio places are really good places. http://staticbeats.com/ is a damn nice place. You'd prolly like ti. I'm sure they'd play some of your stuff.

Edit: StaticBeats is kind of not working at the moment. :( )

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    AximAxim Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    hey man i'd love to know what sort of setup you have, haven't used any native instruments stuff but by the sound it's gotta be mainly hardware. how the melody and beat get cut up alot is great adds alot of variation and character to it.

cheers

Axim on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    nope, I dont have any official CDs for sale, the only ones I do have are just dinky little Cd-R's I give away around town. as far as getting more publicity, its not really something im looking for. I mean dont get me wrong, I love people listening to and enjoy my music (thats why I posted it) but im not looking to whore myself on every website for some attention. But thanks for the thought anyway! and last, my setup.. it varies song to song, but I will just copy and paste what I have... let me find it here... here we go:

COMPUTER/SOFTWARE: Apple G5 Power Mac 1.8 w/ 2.25 GB RAM (studio), Apple G4 Powerbook 867 w/ 1GB RAM (live) OSX Tiger, Logic Pro 7.1, Battery 2, Reaktor 5, Absynth 3, Reason 3, Waveburner, Recycle 2, Waves Diamond Bundle, Sound Forge 6, Acid 5, Electrik Piano, Guitar Rig 2, B4 II, FM7, Pro-53, ImpOSCar, M-Tron, CD Architect 5

HARDWARE: M-Audio FireWire Solo, Access Virus TI, Yamaha S90ES, Roland Fantom X6, Novation A-Station, Novation V-Station, Novation Bass-Station, Oxygen 8 MIDI controller, Korg Electribe ER-1 Drum Machine, Alesis M1 Biamped Studio Reference Monitors. Mogami Cables, Fender Stratocaster, Rickenbacker 360, Fender Precision Bass, Carvin Amps, Shure SM-57, AKG D112, Senheisser 428, AKG C414

and that would be all..

clayhillpeak on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Like all of the stuff, reminds me of Aphex Twin or Console ^^
    Your tunes sound dreamy but still interesting and surprising. I think I'll keep these on my drive ^^

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    TheLuisNinTheLuisNin Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I like it!

TheLuisNin on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Listening to the first one

very very decent

I'd like to here some more bass

without it all I hear is a very expensive ringtone

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    TheLuisNinTheLuisNin Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Do you have a MySpace page?

I would love to post up Butterfly Guitar on my page!

TheLuisNin on
  • Options
    SeravenSeraven Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just wanted to say that I really enjoy some of these pieces, especially Warmth. Keep it up.

That is all.

Seraven on
  • Options
    ohdeeohdee Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Quite like the first one, though the drums could be broughs up a little and the distorted lead guitar kinda sound is a little too loud and could use a little more bass

The general technique behind it (volume gating and all that idm crunchiness) is pretty well done though and the track varies just enough to keep it fresh.

If you get a min feel free to check any of my tunes, posted a link in the kabooooom thread of mine. Don't have to though; only if you wanna.
    pce

ohdee on
    makes music and draws
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    thanks for the kind words everyone. if you would like to hear some more i can post more. otherwise i wont waste your time. i will check out some of your tunes ohdee and i will let you know what i think. good day sirs ans ma'ams

clayhillpeak on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I like the guitar butterfly and warmth so far, still need to listen to the rest. Post some more though, I'm always looking for good electronica

Scosglen on