As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Comics shipping Nov 1

2»

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    JLA, so far, feels like"52 monthly". What I mean is that there are so many characters and they all have different stories and hey wow Vixen was in it for a whole page this issue!

Well, she got three last month. Plus, it's Vixen, she's won't be getting as much page time as some of the others. You know that. But hey, she gets next months variant.

fuck, that JG Jones cover is the variant?

i hate you DC

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    JLA, so far, feels like"52 monthly". What I mean is that there are so many characters and they all have different stories and hey wow Vixen was in it for a whole page this issue!

Well, she got three last month. Plus, it's Vixen, she's won't be getting as much page time as some of the others. You know that. But hey, she gets next months variant.

fuck, that JG Jones cover is the variant?

i hate you DC

I think it's the $10.00 incentive dealie.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just JLA this week.

I think I'm going to drop it. Same with the new Flash.

Ant Man is good though? I've been thinking about getting that.

Skullo on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    I've been loving the new Justice League of America. We've already had some great fights, awesome character moments and a nefariously bitchin' mystery with some of the best JLA/DCU villains. I can't wait until #4. When the Trinity gets their act together, many a villainous ass will be pounded.

Terrorbyte on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    you should have put that in your weekly book-blog instead of all those 52 covers

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    you should have put that in your weekly book-blog instead of all those 52 covers

Keith..don't instigate. :evil:

I like JLofA, it's a fine book so far. A bit on the slow side for some, but theres nothing really wrong with it.

Bad Karma on
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    DC

52 Week #26 $2.50
    Blue Beetle #8 $2.99
    Detective Comics #825 $2.99
    Justice League Of America #3 Reg Cover $2.99

Marvel

Avengers Next #1 $2.99
    Daily Bugle November Newspaper $0.25
    Fantastic Four The End #1 Regular Edition $2.99
    Incredible Hulk #100 Reg Cover $3.99
    Spider-Man And Power Pack #1 $2.99
    Uncanny X-Men #480 $2.99
    What If Avengers Disassembled $3.99
    X-Men Phoenix Warsong #3 $2.99
    X-Men The Complete Age Of Apocalypse Epic Book 4 TP $29.99

Dark Horse

Ghost In The Shell 1.5 Human Error Processor #1 $2.99
    Star Wars Legacy #5 $2.99

Considering starting to pick up American Virgin. I finally got around to reading the TP, and thought it was pretty good. I may just wait for the second TP though. What's everyone else's opinion?

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
    edited November 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Keith..don't instigate. :evil:

yeah, okay mom

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How was Legacy? Are we back to the main story?

Bloods End on
  • gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Blood,

Yup, Legacy is back onto the main story, and something very interesting is revealed about a certain characters allegiances, although we are left unsure if that character really knows it.

Also, the past comes together in an interesting twist with Cade meeting up with old memories.

I thought it was fantastic, and while the ending wasn't much of a cliffhanger, it certainly changes the urgency of what is going on.

Read it.

gredavin on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Good to hear, but word of friendly advice. Don't sign your posts. That's what sigs are for.

Bloods End on
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    yeah, okay mom

Man..I wish..

Wait..what?

Bad Karma on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    saint2e wrote:
    Considering starting to pick up American Virgin. I finally got around to reading the TP, and thought it was pretty good. I may just wait for the second TP though. What's everyone else's opinion?

Love. I could be a bit biased, though, because Becky Cloonan is one of my favorite artists.

I'm not really getting how they're going to sustain the current story about Cassie for too long, though. I wouldn't want it to be about Adam trying to get revenge forever.

Either way, though, the art's so good that the story doesn't matter so much. It's inked by Ryan Kelly, too! He's great, and also, the artist of Local.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    I picked up Ant-Man, Hulk, JLofA, What If? Avengers for new ones this week. I also snagged the TPBs of Secret Wars(The original, not the amazingly delayed modern one.) and Pride of Bagdahd, for old singles I got Stan Lee Meets Dr. Strange and Fantastick Four 1 and 2. Reviews will come soon.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hmmm, I missed What If? last week, so I got it today. I love any book starring Hank McCoy, so I enjoyed it. All in all, I would have like it better if Marvel had taken this path rather than the ridicuolous House of M thing.

Hensler on