As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] word of the day: Meh

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really dislike baseball as a sport anyway

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Turning on the heat is for sissies.

I avoided the temptation by getting my gas shut off.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's because you're terrible Nexus.

Do you like hockey at least?

More people need to watch hockey. Fuck. It seems like the Rangers are just barely winning 70% of their games these years.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Aw man, I just got all sappy in the 10 years of PA thread. Now how am I supposed to keep up this tough guy image?

People think of you as a tough guy?

Apparently some of the things I say make me an "e-tough guy" or an "e-bad ass." I never knew!

*chortle*

Explaing the chortling, Mr. Crawler!

Also, if you don't like baseball, why do you care what those scummy Yankees fans and us glorious Red Sox fans do?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This bodybuilding forum has some funny threads with funny pictures. Just thought I'd let you know.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111777031 for instance.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112055711 and this one.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Turning on the heat is for sissies.

I avoided the temptation by getting my gas shut off.

I turn it on for like an hour when I get back from being out of town for a weekend or something. The rest of the time it is unnecessary.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Glorious Red Sox fans.

This is why I love you Justin.

I'd totally be fine getting a beer with you unless it's a Yankees/Sox game. Then I might break the bottle and cut you.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah Boston is no better.

Phillies fans are shit.

I was rooting for the Angels, the Rays, or the Dodgers for good ol' Joe Torre in the post season.

i was always a braves fan.

i mean who wouldnt be a fan of a team whose bleachers are full of drunken rednecks using a cheer thats racially insulting to native americans.

not to mention that they suck.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Yeah Boston is no better.

Phillies fans are shit.

I was rooting for the Angels, the Rays, or the Dodgers for good ol' Joe Torre in the post season.

i was always a braves fan.

i mean who wouldnt be a fan of a team whose bleachers are full of drunken rednecks using a cheer thats racially insulting to native americans.

not to mention that they suck.
    It's not offensive to the tribe whom it was originally used for at a game, though!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't care about the Yankees as much the more I get older and I realize how classless and horrible they can be as an organization.

But, it's still by birth that I'm a Yankees fan, so I will root for them anyway because the Mets are fucking awful.

The mets are such chokers

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The media here is obsessed with the Yankees. The local papers seem to have half their reporters writing about what color Steinburners shit is that day year round.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So that Al Queda guy called Obama (in the words of Malcom X) a "House Negro"

...what?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also my 360 came back. I only sent it away like a week or 2 ago. I thought it was supposed to take a month?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't care about the Yankees as much the more I get older and I realize how classless and horrible they can be as an organization.

But, it's still by birth that I'm a Yankees fan, so I will root for them anyway because the Mets are fucking awful.

The mets are such chokers
    The Mets are probably gonna sign Pedro, ignore getting K-Rod and get Kerry Wood. Then get some shitty bullpen relief.

And then I'll just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Gooey wrote: »

...what?

Taking a page from Ralph Nader's book.

Also, I have a very important question for...

are you getting left 4 dead?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Glorious Red Sox fans.

I'd totally be fine getting a beer with you unless it's a Yankees/Sox game. Then I might break the bottle and cut you.

The worst part for me is that as a life long Sox fan, third generation, I totally was a fan of the team in the mid 90s (really that's when I got old enough to understand sports) and I watched the popularity of the team explode. I was there in '99 when Pedro destroy the Indians will to live! I was there when they got beat by the Yankees in the next series, 4-1! I was there when they signed Manny, the greatest right handed hitter of this generation! I was there when Grady Little left Pedro in too long and Aaron fucking Boone hit the one play of his career! I was there for the sweep by the White Sox in 2005! And when they collapsed in 2006? I was there!

Just remember when you think of casual Sox fans, that I WAS THERE!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The media here is obsessed with the Yankees. The local papers seem to have half their reporters writing about what color Steinburners shit is that day year round.
    If you don't like it, get out of a baseball city.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

...what?

Taking a page from Ralph Nader's book.

Also, I have a very important question for...

are you getting left 4 dead?

yeah I gots it. I haven't played it yet though, since I've been at a funeral in a little town outside Corpus.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If you don't like it, get out of a baseball city.

Fuck....

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Glorious Red Sox fans.

The worst part for me is that as a life long Sox fan, third generation, I totally was a fan of the team in the mid 90s (really that's when I got old enough to understand sports) and I watched the popularity of the team explode. I was there in '99 when Pedro destroy the Indians will to live! I was there when they got beat by the Yankees in the next series, 4-1! I was there when they signed Manny, the greatest right handed hitter of this generation! I was there when Grady Little left Pedro in too long and Aaron fucking Boone hit the one play of his career! I was there for the sweep by the White Sox in 2005! And when they collapsed in 2006? I was there!

I was a fan when I can remember Donnie Baseball not making it into the World Series. I remember my dad telling me how sad he was. I remember when '96 started, how he wished Donnie was still on the team. I remember Stick making all those choices. I remember the free agent signings that lead to a dynasty.

Just remember when you think of casual Yankee fans, I was there, every game.

Which is why I will CUT YOU if we watch a game together.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't even know what "House Negro" means. I assume "slave to the white man" or something, right?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't even know what "House Negro" means. I assume "slave to the white man" or something, right?

I gather it's akin to being an "Uncle Tom"

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    that was a huge shit... oh my

Headline: Real Life Furbys Discovered
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27786771/?GT1=43001

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008

Slave serving in the house and not working the plantation.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Glorious Red Sox fans.

I was a fan when I can remember Donnie Baseball not making it into the World Series. I remember my dad telling me how sad he was. I remember when '96 started, how he wished Donnie was still on the team. I remember Stick making all those choices. I remember the free agent signings that lead to a dynasty.

Just remember when you think of casual Yankee fans, I was there, every game.

Which is why I will CUT YOU if we watch a game together.

And I'll shoot you with a bean bag in the eye that will kill you!

Oh wait, that's just Boston Police. Dummies.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I gather it's akin to being an "Uncle Tom"

The important thing here is that the second-in-command of the most infamous terrorist group in the world has resorted to name-calling.

Well, sir, you are a dingleberry.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Elki wrote: »

i dont understand how that is more insulting than being a "field negro"

i dont understand these terrorists.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

it is.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Because house negroes supposedly think they're better than the other slaves (and also like their masters), but in the end they're still slaves.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Because a "House Negro" was looked upon with jealousy and resentment by the "Field Negros." They were the Uncle Toms of their day and the traitors to the real slaves, who lived in shantys and worked in the field. But the "House Negros" had real roofs over their heads, sometimes had real beds to sleep in, and didn't do back breaking labor.

It's like how the educated black man today isn't a hard ghetto thug so he's not a real black guy.

Does that make sense?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    too much oatmeal!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Racism is dumb.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also, good morning [chat].

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn

Edit: Victory!!!!

Alecthar on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hai

Tav on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Because a "House Negro" was looked upon with jealousy and resentment by the "Field Negros." They were the Uncle Toms of their day and the traitors to the real slaves, who lived in shantys and worked in the field. But the "House Negros" had real roofs over their heads, sometimes had real beds to sleep in, and didn't do back breaking labor.

It's like how the educated black man today isn't a hard ghetto thug so he's not a real black guy.

Does that make sense?

ok i understand how thats more insulting back then but how is that more insulting today...

as far as insults go i think the insulting part is the "negro"

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Damn

You wanker, you were just totally refreshing and waiting for post 1996 to be made.

Edit: You too Tav.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Because house negroes supposedly think they're better than the other slaves (and also like their masters), but in the end they're still slaves.

but they probably were better, all treated like nice pets

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.