As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] Zombie Apocalypse (Carrier/Infected VICTORY)

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Perty Pictures

So, what exactly are you trying to say?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !signup if there's still room

edit: looks more like !reserve up

Doxa on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    El Skid wrote: »
    Rend created a slot just for Malkor. So bwanie is correct, and Malkor is confused. Sounds like everything is normal here :P

This is correct!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE PHALLA

Rules:

1) Voting

Each day in the narration you will discover that you have found a Firearm, such as a pistol or a shotgun. Each day you will vote for someone to recieve the weapon. That person will be responsible for using the weapon the following day.

2) Actions
    Every survivor may perform 1 action each day other than voting. All players may accomplish the following:

-Expertise- This action may be used once per game per player, and represents the player using their personality's innate knowledge in order to help the survivors make it through the situation alive. This action must be accompanied by an in-character explanation of the ability's usage. Example: A Coffee-shop clerk who happened to be in a coffee shop might say:
    "I use my Expertise to look around the premesis for any sort of security equipment we might use to alert us to an approaching zombie attack."

-Protect- You may give your life to protect another player. If that player would die for any reason (including being Shot, or using Protect or Heal), you die in their place. If you die in this way you may not be Healed. Also, you only get one false alarm. So if you Protect someone who does not die, the next time you use Protect you will die regardless of any other actions that round.
    Example: I Protect Rend

-Heal- You may give your medical supplies to a disabled player in order to heal them. That player will be fully back in the game the following day, and you will be dead in their place. If you die in this way you may not be Healed. Any given player can only be Healed once.
    Example: I Heal Rend

-Aid- You may aid a fellow to do a complex task. Special survivors may have an ability which requires other players to aid them in order to accomplish it. In such cases, any survivor may aid them in this way.

Example: I will Aid Rend in his exploits. (whatever they may be. I'll get that academy award!)
    Note: You do not need tro know with what you are aiding the player, only that you aid them that turn.

2.1) Shoot
    Each day one survivor will be voted to recieve the weapon found at the scene. That survivor must use Shoot, listed below, and may not use any other abilities that turn.

Shoot- You shoot the target, disabling them. This attack will never miss, but may be protected against or healed.
    Example: Heck yes! I Shoot Rend!

3) Dead vs Disabled
    Disabled players have been attacked in some way and are dying. Disabled players may still participate in the game, however, they may only use Expertise and Shoot, as well as Vote. No other abilities will be effective. If a disabled player is not healed by the end of the day, they become dead.

Dead players are permanently eliminated from the game.

4) In general

-All actions except evil ones are public knowledge. You can all see what each other is doing, and this shows.
    -All results from all specials will be revealed in public via narration.
    -Each day Vote in red and make an Action in lime.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    PMs are going out. Please do not act on them until narration has been posted.

Rend on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    (ooc: Rend, does this mean that we shouldn't PM you if we do one of the actions you listed above, but rather post it straight here? Like if I want to heal you, I would post here in the thread Heal Rend?)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    (ooc: Rend, does this mean that we shouldn't PM you if we do one of the actions you listed above, but rather post it straight here? Like if I want to heal you, I would post here in the thread Heal Rend?)

That's what the man said! :)

El Skid on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hmm, so there may be a decent amount of sacrificing going on, seeing as both healing and protecting can cost you your life.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

That's what the man said! :)

Oh, I was wondering about if we had to say that in a PM or on the thread itself, but I get it now. Apparently I fail at reading comprehension. =(

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Day 1: The Streets of Phallanston

There they were, thirty one brave souls, banded together to survive the trials that lay ahead of them. The Epidemic had spread far and fast, and it wasn't likely to stop. It seemed almost destiny... one of the most contagious ailments mankind had ever seen, and an immunity rate that was through the floor, by medical standards. One bite, one scratch, that's all the Zombies needed.

Yeah, they were calling them Zombies now. What else were they supposed to call them? They moved slowly, shambling, they liked to eat human flesh, and all they did was moan all the time. How could the parallels not be drawn? But screw that, they were zombies, and they were on the loose.

Just one bite, one scratch, and the infection spreads. You become not the next casualty of The Epidemic, but rather its next agent. Slowly you would rot from the inside, often not even realizing it until it was too late. Then...

well...

...let's just say we'll leave out the then, and hope it never happens.

---

The survivors have arrived on the Streets of Phallanston.

This is downtown Phallanston. Streets and alleys, tall buildings. People used to walk these streets in business suits with briefcases, playing guitars on the sidewalks, making urban art, and doing all sorts of things. That was when the city was alive. The floorplan may be the same, but these downtown streets are nowhere near what they used to be, the home you used to know.

It looks like there was a struggle hear just a few hours ago. A group of people seem to have been eaten alive by the Zombies. Well, at least they won't be coming back.

Huh, lucky day for the lot of you. One of them was carrying a pistol, and there's one bullet remaining.

You have found: A Pistol

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ALL PMS ARE OUT

Remember to Vote in red and use an Action in Lime!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    kime, because I know I'm 100% good and not a zombie.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mr. D cause I know i'm not a zombie and i'm like 120% good.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh yes, and also:

VOTE CLOSE WILL BE AT 7:00 PACIFIC, and day 1 will end THURSDAY NIGHT

Rend on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    *puts on a record to ease the tension with some music from-

QUEEN

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oooo, so I have over 24 hours (28 hours and 57 minutes, I believe?) to get you voted out again Mr. D? :P

Actually, I guess it'll have to wait 'till tomorrow when I get the pistol to shoot you, since we aren't really voting anyone "out"

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well, normally I'd totally vote for myself, but since everyone's gonna vote for themselves I'm going to vote for kime.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Kime if you are still holding a grudge you are a horrible person.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Kime, Mr. D... you two have to stop squabbling for the pistol so you can shoot each other!

There are zombies running around trying to eat us all- we have to work together to try and survive here, not harbour past grudges!

As my son would have said- "I WANNA TOI-LUT! TOI-LUT!".

Bless his heart, he wasn't the brightest of kids :(

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    *sigh* You have a point, but he is the one all talking about offing me in my face :(

I think the gun should be in somoenes hands who will actually use it for a right cause.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    :P I know, just kidding. I wouldn't kill you again! Let's be buddies, ok?

(Well. . . . there's maybe an 87% chance I won't kill you, you never know what may come up!)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If I get the gun I will shoot VT once for every one of those irritating smilies he uses =)

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well I don't think kime would shoot anyone who did not deserve it.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    durax wrote: »
    If I get the gun I will shoot VT once for every one of those irritating smilies he uses =)

If you have more ammo than the 1 bullet we found, you should tell us so we can use them on our enemies, rather than some guy you hopefully killed with the first bullet.

El Skid on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well now, can that kid even hold a gun, much less shoot the damn thing?

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Nah, barring any unusual circumstances I'd most likely put it to the vote. And from then there's a fairly high (~98ish%) chance that I'd go with that (for instance, I wouldn't target myself or anyone that claimed to be a special, if they did it privately (which would be decently foolish this early)).

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know, kime and Mr. D squabbling over the gun isn't that bad. If one of them kills the other and it turns out they're a zombie, then hey we just made progress! There's definitely an angle in that.

!kime

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    kime wrote: »

Nah, barring any unusual circumstances I'd most likely put it to the vote. And from then there's a fairly high (~98ish%) chance that I'd go with that (for instance, I wouldn't target myself or anyone that claimed to be a special, if they did it privately (which would be decently foolish this early)).

You might not want to say the bolded bit out loud- if you win the gun vote and you don't kill the death vote winner, you will have just outed them. :(

I much prefer the rules that *I* would follow- which is that I would ask for opinions and shoot whoever the hell I thought is most likely to be evil.

El Skid on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    durax wrote: »

If you have more ammo than the 1 bullet we found, you should tell us so we can use them on our enemies, rather than some guy you hopefully killed with the first bullet.
    Good Point, any left over bullets would be used to paint the streets in their black and green blood.

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You might not want to say the bolded bit out loud- if you win the gun vote and you don't kill the death vote winner, you will have just outed them. :(

I much prefer the rules that *I* would follow- which is that I would ask for opinions and shoot whoever the hell I thought is most likely to be evil.

hmm, true. Your intelligence factor just rose by 50%, congratulations!

Still makes giving me the gun the best decision, 'cause I'm a zombie-killing machine.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008

But your name does not roll off the tongue like kime's.

kimmy

l skd.

do you see?!

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Do we have to do a green action everyday, or can we just red vote?

Can Aid be used more than once?

The Dagon on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hello folks, my name is Freddie.

Freddie Cheese.

I think it's prudent to get some help as soon as we can, so I will use my phone services expertise to find a phone and try to get it to get a call for help out.

Who you gonna call? Well-

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Do we have to do a green action everyday, or can we just red vote?

Can Aid be used more than once?

You may not use your action for the day if you wish to keep from doing so, unless you are eligible to Shoot. If you can shoot, you must shoot.

Aid may be used as many times as you wish.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I will Aid B:L in finding a phone, hopefully. Or whatever else it is he's actually doing, I guess.

I doubt it's a limit of one Aid, otherwise that would've been much clearer stated, right?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If it was unclear, Aid may only be used to aid the village specials in accomplishing their special powers. In the case of using one's expertise, a single person is enough to garner an effect.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If we aid someone who is evil, will this help them? Or only if they're a good special?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh. . . . jee, wonder whom that was directed at. . . :|

I retract my previous Aid with 100% enthusiasm!!!!!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh. . . . jee, wonder whom that was directed at. . . :|

I retract my previous Aid with 100% enthusiasm!!!!!

Hrmph..... amateur.

The Dagon on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mr.Defecation

I think this is it. Yup.

This is the game Kime will get his wish and gets to be evil.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg