Options

PA Forums show up in Google now?

2»

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If you think it's going to get published, don't post it. You're probably wrong but if that's your thing I think the WB will just have to live without your contribution.

If even I can get published, anybody can get published.

RonTheDM on
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I occasionally lurk the Artist's Corner forum and honestly, I am more worried for the guys and gals there. They create some really cool stuff that would be a shame if it gets picked up by malicious folks who want to exploit it.

But then again, I am not sure if the indexing picks up pictures.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Would it to be silly to assume that this has something to do with what appears to be an increase in spam threads?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Would it to be silly to assume that this has something to do with what appears to be an increase in spam threads?

No, spam bots don't need google to find you.

robots.txt is only respected by 'good guys'. Other sites and programmers can just go and scrape any webpage all day long.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2008
    It probably does have something to do with the increase in spam. Spammers are more likely to target sites that have high google rank than those with none. We don't actually have much here at the forums, but our parent site does and spammers aren't necessarily smart enough to care about the difference.

I've been keeping an eye on the spam situation, and I will finish implementing the spammer trap and maybe get some other tools out as soon as I can.

Ramius on
    1zxt8dhasaon.png