As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NXE, That new Xbox Dashboard Thing?

1212223242527»

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tach wrote: »
    I guess this is the best place to ask this, apologies if it's already been covered in the thread.

Last night, I tried to add some MS points, but thanks to the new Dashboard, it proved impossible to find the interface to use my credit card. Is there some treasure map, or magic trick, or Konami Code I need to input to give them my damn money? Or is it in plain sight and I missed it?

I added points a minute ago when I wanted to buy the Legendary maps for Halo. I just went to the download page and tried to download it with 0 points. It took me to a page where I confirmed what card I wanted to use, and that was it.

If you bring up any "purchase" screen, you can hit X to add more points that way as well. You should see the prompt near the bottom.

Does anyone know where to see Active Downloads now? I can't find it anywhere.

Ganluan on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ganluan hit the guide button, then move all the way to the left.

urahonky on
  • Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I've seen screenshots of the Aqua Teen premium theme, and that apparently it has been out for awhile and yet I can't seem to see it on my xbox. I live in Canada, so I don't know if its only available for US only or not. Can't seem to find any info on google about it. Anyone know?

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No idea, but it is true some things are region specific. Like that ninja theme that's only in Japan xbox.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There is a thread at NeoGAF where they're posting up all the premium themes:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342627

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There is a thread at NeoGAF where they're posting up all the premium themes:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342627

I'm pretty disappointed in the Rock Band theme. Mostly that it just looks like the same stack of amps behind the avatars. A little variety would be nice. The Guitar Hero one is better in that respect, but the background is ass. The Forza one looks nice... Three bucks, though. I'll just wait until I have an extra 250 points or a really good theme comes out.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The Street Fighter theme looks pretty cool, but I'm going to wait until winter is over before I change my theme.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been having a lot of wireless trouble with NXE, though it may be due to my new router. There are times when Netflix gives me full four bars, and I can watch 30 rock in seamless HD. Other times, I get 1 bar and can't start anything.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It seemed to get better when I changed my wireless channel from 11 to 14, but once I moved the XBox off the bridge and on to its own wireless adapter it couldn't find the signal.

I guess my specific questions are:
    • Does Netflix throughput really change that much with time of day?
    • Does the official Microsoft wireless adapter work with wireless channels above 11?
    • What is an easy way to find the best unoccupied wireless channels? (including those occupied by networks without SSID broadcast)

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I've seen screenshots of the Aqua Teen premium theme, and that apparently it has been out for awhile and yet I can't seem to see it on my xbox. I live in Canada, so I don't know if its only available for US only or not. Can't seem to find any info on google about it. Anyone know?

Yeah that one is region locked to the US, I'm also I Canada and whould of enjoyed this theme. I wish they weren't so pricey though for a theme. I want to get that street fighter theme to.

Does anyone else have it?

Dixon on
  • ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've been having a lot of wireless trouble with NXE, though it may be due to my new router. There are times when Netflix gives me full four bars, and I can watch 30 rock in seamless HD. Other times, I get 1 bar and can't start anything.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It seemed to get better when I changed my wireless channel from 11 to 14, but once I moved the XBox off the bridge and on to its own wireless adapter it couldn't find the signal.

I guess my specific questions are:
    Does Netflix throughput really change that much with time of day?
    Does the official Microsoft wireless adapter work with wireless channels above 11?
    What is an easy way to find the best unoccupied wireless channels? (including those occupied by networks without SSID broadcast)

I used to use http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/ to check out all the wifi networks in my area (back when I ran windows), and I don't think the Xbox adapter supports channels above 11 due to various laws in certain countries.

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ginguskahn wrote: »
    I used to use http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/ to check out all the wifi networks in my area (back when I ran windows), and I don't think the Xbox adapter supports channels above 11 due to various laws in certain countries.
    That's a great suggestion! The wiki says it's not being updated anymore, but that there is an open-source alternative Inssider.

I may need to find a Linux alternative, since I just switched to Ubuntu and won't be able to get a new copy of Vista for a week or two.

Thanks!

Edit:
    There's Kismet for Linux, but I just realized that I probably need a wireless card to use these. My PC is wired to the router, and only the consoles use wireless. I wonder if DD-WRT's site survey will pick up on networks that don't broadcast their SSID.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Even in those previews, I didn't see anything on the Armored Core: For Answer theme in Japan's marketplace. Been trying to find screenshots of it before I buy.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht