As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Putting my Xbox 360 HDD on friend's Xbox to get NXE for my 360. Will it work?

AeshirAeshir Registered User new member
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
I only have dial-up, so I can't get NXE. I was thinking I could bring my Xbox 360 hard drive to my friend's house to put on his Xbox and then download NXE (he has high-speed), and then I will have NXE installed on that hard drive, so I can put it back on my Xbox and I will have NXE, riiiiight? I'm not sure if this will work, I think I'll probably have to log into Xbox Live at home to do the whole validation thing to install it on my machine, which I can do, since I have bridged my dial-up connection from my PC to my Xbox to download stuff before, I just can't download big-ass stuff like NXE. So will this work? Or will I have to take my whole Xbox 360 to my friend's house to get it?

Respond quick, I'm going to his house tomorrow! :D

Aeshir+1.png
Aeshir on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Yes, it will update your 360.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    AeshirAeshir Registered User new member
    edited November 2008
    I re-posted this topic on the Xbox.com forums, and everybody there is saying it won't work and I should just bring my whole Xbox there. I think I'm going to do that just to be safe.

Aeshir on
    Aeshir+1.png