Options

Mysteries are Solved in this [Chat]

1356745

Posts

  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I forgot how much fun modding my car can be sometimes. It took me 2 hours to do this, but I'm really pleased with it.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/justinsane07/wirehiding/wirehiding01jpg.jpg
    So I thought I'd have to drill a hole through the wall here, but I forgot aboutthe extra port where the ipod connector would go. I don't have an ipod, so I just popped the cap off and fed the wires through the empty space.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/justinsane07/wirehiding/wirehiding02jpg.jpg
    I used a dremel to make a hole here for the two wires to come out. I never used the cubby hole for anything before.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/justinsane07/wirehiding/wirehiding03jpg.jpg
    Bam! No wires (well except the jack, but no loose wires)! And it props the MP3 player up for easy access when I want to change song.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/justinsane07/wirehiding/wirehiding04jpg.jpg
    And now it looks I did nothing at all to the car. So clean.

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sup Drez?

    Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Hey a single guy after basic. Are you required to live in the barracks, or can you live in housing, or your own place plus get housing allowance?
    Virtually always barracks barring some extraordinary cases. How long you're there though depends on your rank, base regulations, and individual command.

    But if I'm married I can get into housing correct?
    DO NOT GET MARRIED TO MOVE OFF BASE.

    DO.

    NOT.

    ---

    Though yes, that's the general rule. Occasionally in places with really high cost of living they might require you both to live in the base housing for a bit so they can safely assume you figure out what things you need to actually live in a house. But yeah, being married means you can live off base.

    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey, there's a wall!

    *thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud*
    I thought you were around long enough to know people don't get their opinions changed on a web forum? You've made your point, if people aren't going to read it then you don't have to repeat it either.

    You think peoples opinions are more maleable in real life? Hahahahahahaha hahah ha, Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

    Man you're an ass.

    I'm a realist. People very very rarely if ever change their opinions on major topics from a single conversation. Especially topics that you and Hippie are talking about. This is ignoring the fact that wth a fair number of people (I'm not sure how much the norm this is, but I'm guessing it is) we simply avoid such topics. That's not to say you don't have some small influence, but just because someone doesn't go 'lol you're right' in a thread doesn't mean that you've had no influence. Hell look at Ageri. But it's a slow arduous process. I guess this makes me an ass?

    As opposed to your condescension in calling all your opponents close minded stubborn fucks who can’t see the error of their ways? That’s much less assholish behaviour right?

    Leitner on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    what kind of car is that justin

    Organichu on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(
    Navy barracks after school are usually pretty nice, all things considered. You get your own room and usually just share a kitchen and bathroom with someone else.

    Quid on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid, I approve of this [chat], don't let the haters dissuade you. I grew up watching Ghost Writer on PBS.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quid, I approve of this [chat], don't let the haters dissuade you. I grew up watching Ghost Writer on PBS.
    DO YOU SEE THIS PEOPLE?

    THIS IS A MAN WITH TASTE.

    Quid on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn it.

    Fucking Twilight.

    Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quid, I approve of this [chat], don't let the haters dissuade you. I grew up watching Ghost Writer on PBS.
    DO YOU SEE THIS PEOPLE?

    THIS IS A MAN WITH TASTE.

    Have we had a Wishbone [chat]. Man I used to love me some Wishbone. He's like 3/4 of the reason our first family dog was a Jack Russell.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NO Drez I send you no creepy texts....today

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn it.

    Fucking Twilight.

    We reached a collective conclusion in the last [chat]:

    If you are above 13, there is no conceivable reason to read a dark fantasy romance if there is no smut.

    Additionally,

    There is no conceivable reason to ever read anything written by Laurell K. Hamilton.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quid, I approve of this [chat], don't let the haters dissuade you. I grew up watching Ghost Writer on PBS.
    DO YOU SEE THIS PEOPLE?

    THIS IS A MAN WITH TASTE.

    Have we had a Wishbone [chat]. Man I used to love me some Wishbone. He's like 3/4 of the reason our first family dog was a Jack Russell.
    Oh man.

    Wishbone's the shit.

    Quid on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hey, there's a wall!

    *thud thud thud thud thud thud thud thud*
    I thought you were around long enough to know people don't get their opinions changed on a web forum? You've made your point, if people aren't going to read it then you don't have to repeat it either.

    You think peoples opinions are more maleable in real life? Hahahahahahaha hahah ha, Oh wait, you're serious. Let me laugh even harder. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

    Man you're an ass.

    I'm a realist. People very very rarely if ever change their opinions on major topics from a single conversation. Especially topics that you and Hippie are talking about. This is ignoring the fact that wth a fair number of people (I'm not sure how much the norm this is, but I'm guessing it is) we simply avoid such topics. That's not to say you don't have some small influence, but just because someone doesn't go 'lol you're right' in a thread doesn't mean that you've had no influence. Hell look at Ageri. But it's a slow arduous process. I guess this makes me an ass?
    Yup, you're still acting like an ass based on three things:

    1) I wasn't even talking about normal conversations, I was specifically talking to Wonder_Hippie about him getting worked up over a forum discussion.

    2) Face to face conversations have a slightly better chance of slightly adjusting someone's position about a select few subjects.

    3) Going "hahahahha" at someone makes you an ass.

    Aldo on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(
    Navy barracks after school are usually pretty nice, all things considered. You get your own room and usually just share a kitchen and bathroom with someone else.

    Really? The ones in Jax and Savannah share rooms.

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quid, I approve of this [chat], don't let the haters dissuade you. I grew up watching Ghost Writer on PBS.
    DO YOU SEE THIS PEOPLE?

    THIS IS A MAN WITH TASTE.

    Have we had a Wishbone [chat]. Man I used to love me some Wishbone. He's like 3/4 of the reason our first family dog was a Jack Russell.
    Oh man.

    Wishbone's the shit.

    It's good to know that the military has really fine-tuned that razor sharp mind, Quid. You are good people for reals.

    Alecthar on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BTW I'm in queue like hell which is why its taking so long for replies. :)

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(
    Navy barracks after school are usually pretty nice, all things considered. You get your own room and usually just share a kitchen and bathroom with someone else.

    Really? The ones in Jax and Savannah share rooms.
    All of them? My own base had five or six different barracks for students, staff, etc. That seems kind of off, though I've only been to a few bases and heard of some others.

    Quid on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sup Drez?

    Sup. Holding the controller is actually a bit painful right now so it makes playing tough. Even typing is kind of annoying. I took some advil, hopefully it'll kick in shortly.

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    what kind of car is that justin

    2007 Scion TC.

    I'm having a problem with the head unit ground creating alternator whine when I plug in the power cable to the MP3 player. I don't suppose any of you know anything about that kind of stuff, do you [chat]?

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Sup Drez?

    Sup. Holding the controller is actually a bit painful right now so it makes playing tough. Even typing is kind of annoying. I took some advil, hopefully it'll kick in shortly.
    Sorry for that, dude.

    Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wonder if I should go for tier three time control with this character.

    Quid on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Sup Drez?

    Sup. Holding the controller is actually a bit painful right now so it makes playing tough. Even typing is kind of annoying. I took some advil, hopefully it'll kick in shortly.
    Sorry for that, dude.

    I heard you were rough in bed but daaammmnnn boy.

    Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Sup Drez?

    Sup. Holding the controller is actually a bit painful right now so it makes playing tough. Even typing is kind of annoying. I took some advil, hopefully it'll kick in shortly.
    Sorry for that, dude.

    No I'm sorry. I was the one that suggested it and basically immediately flaked. :(

    Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    For two I don't see how true that is, and even if it is (I'll grant you it's likely it's probably slightly more influential in having someone in real life as opposed to the internet), it's still such a small difference as to be an unimportant distinction. Peoples opinions are slowly changed by a constant culmination of extremely minor influences. Akin to each brick which forms a house.

    I expressed my extreme amusement in the form of laughter as I found the argument itself incredibly naive to the realities of the world, not an attack upon yourself. So dry your eyes mate? Plus it's a bit hipocritical in that in the very comment I was responding to you belittled a group of people as completely close minded and not worth disscusing something with.

    Leitner on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(
    Navy barracks after school are usually pretty nice, all things considered. You get your own room and usually just share a kitchen and bathroom with someone else.

    Really? The ones in Jax and Savannah share rooms.
    All of them? My own base had five or six different barracks for students, staff, etc. That seems kind of off, though I've only been to a few bases and heard of some others.

    Dunno. Everyone I know in the barracks shares a room. I've never heard of single ones. I know all the ones in Savannah are shared though, from comcast being the one who provides service to them.

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(
    Navy barracks after school are usually pretty nice, all things considered. You get your own room and usually just share a kitchen and bathroom with someone else.

    Really? The ones in Jax and Savannah share rooms.
    All of them? My own base had five or six different barracks for students, staff, etc. That seems kind of off, though I've only been to a few bases and heard of some others.

    Dunno. Everyone I know in the barracks shares a room. I've never heard of single ones. I know all the ones in Savannah are shared though, from comcast being the one who provides service to them.
    Huh. Yeah, my stuff's just anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth.

    Quid on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I can't wait until all my buddies are home for Thanksgiving.

    RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    :lol: I wouldn't especially since I'd apparently be losing my g/f anyways. Just curious. I don't mind base housing, I lived in it growing up, just wouldn't want barracks :(
    Navy barracks after school are usually pretty nice, all things considered. You get your own room and usually just share a kitchen and bathroom with someone else.

    Really? The ones in Jax and Savannah share rooms.
    All of them? My own base had five or six different barracks for students, staff, etc. That seems kind of off, though I've only been to a few bases and heard of some others.

    Dunno. Everyone I know in the barracks shares a room. I've never heard of single ones. I know all the ones in Savannah are shared though, from comcast being the one who provides service to them.
    Huh. Yeah, my stuff's just anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth.

    Mines just from the few people in Jax, and all of Sav. Jax could have single rooms though, plus I could get sent to some other random place. Wonder how much leeway a recruiter has to get you a specific duty station.

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Mines just from the few people in Jax, and all of Sav. Jax could have single rooms though, plus I could get sent to some other random place. Wonder how much leeway a recruiter has to get you a specific duty station.
    Pretty much zero unless they're good friends with the detailer. Duty stations aren't decided til towards the end of your school.

    Quid on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sickish


    Sigh

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    So my cats are staying at my mom and dad's house

    And I've been informed today that they can't find one of them

    awesome

    Medopine on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    n550808014_1152884_7416.jpg

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I spent like 20 minutes looking for this after the mention of Wishbone.

    http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/4/3/

    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    For two I don't see how true that is, and even if it is (I'll grant you it's likely it's probably slightly more influential in having someone in real life as opposed to the internet), it's still such a small difference as to be an unimportant distinction. Peoples opinions are slowly changed by a constant culmination of extremely minor influences. Akin to each brick which forms a house.

    I expressed my extreme amusement in the form of laughter as I found the argument itself incredibly naive to the realities of the world, not an attack upon yourself. So dry your eyes mate? Plus it's a bit hipocritical in that in the very comment I was responding to you belittled a group of people as completely close minded and not worth disscusing something with.

    Ooooo, what is this about?





    I can't wait until all my buddies are home for Thanksgiving.

    :winky::winky::winky:

    JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Quid wrote: »
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Mines just from the few people in Jax, and all of Sav. Jax could have single rooms though, plus I could get sent to some other random place. Wonder how much leeway a recruiter has to get you a specific duty station.
    Pretty much zero unless they're good friends with the detailer. Duty stations aren't decided til towards the end of your school.

    Boo. Although this matters less to me then to others. I'm guessing I'll have to get over my fear of heights and flying though if I joined :lol:

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    aowwwwww ow

    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Since youtube is blocked from work, what are those JK?

    DeShadowC on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Since youtube is blocked from work, what are those JK?

    Those are videos of this girl. This would actually be the third time I've linked to her.

    But, see, I'm totally enamored.

    She's the "Nostalgia Chick" a counter-part to "Nostalgia Critic"

    And those particular videos are the two parts of her review to She-Ra, Princess of Power. The movie.

    JamesKeenan on
This discussion has been closed.