As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2071! (A Shadowrun Phalla) GAME OVER. Runners win!

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    OH! On the EBM thing...

I killed him on Day one on a pure hunch, you can all ask VT i talked to him about it.

After EBM's tirade about someone doing out of spite, I contacted him and told him I did, and it wasn't personal as I really have never had any interaction with him, he just responded back that that was bullshit.

So, I don't know what to say, but EBM was not grudge killed.

Funny, your Private Message states it was totally random. Please take care in sorting your lies prior to boarding the bullshit train.

Also, continue to vilify me, you fucking hypocrites. At least I have the resolve to try and play the role assigned and not be all trucey with my fuckbuddy who's also playing, or some sort of meta-gaming cockwad.

EBM if you ever play in a game I play in and I have the power to kill you I will do so at the earliest opportunity

:^:

Gumpy on
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Someone comes up to me and says "SELL OUT YOUR ALLIES OR WE WILL DESTROY YOU" and I will spank their ass eh lonestar?

What is this even referring to? Are these things that actually happened?

I certainly don't recall them. Where was I?

Thetheroo, the outed lonestar, told me that when I popped over to say hi

Ah, I was unaware. Good game regardless.

Also, Kuhl should have been the last evil, but what with the incapacitation and the dying, it ended up being me anyhow.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OH! On the EBM thing...

I killed him on Day one on a pure hunch, you can all ask VT i talked to him about it.

After EBM's tirade about someone doing out of spite, I contacted him and told him I did, and it wasn't personal as I really have never had any interaction with him, he just responded back that that was bullshit.

Funny, your Private Message states it was totally random. Please take care in sorting your lies prior to boarding the bullshit train.

Also, continue to vilify me, you fucking hypocrites. At least I have the resolve to try and play the role assigned and not be all trucey with my fuckbuddy who's also playing, or some sort of meta-gaming cockwad.

EBM if you ever play in a game I play in and I have the power to kill you I will do so at the earliest opportunity

Come find me on the SA Boards playing Mafia where they prohibit idiocy like I've mentioned and you can kill me all night, baby. :winky:

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited December 2008
    OH! On the EBM thing...

Come find me on the SA Boards playing Mafia where they prohibit idiocy like I've mentioned and you can kill me all night, baby. :winky:

If they replace our idiocy with ass-like behavior, then I have to say I'm happier here

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    OH! On the EBM thing...

If they replace our idiocy with ass-like behavior, then I have to say I'm happier here

Their player base is big enough that you don't run into the same 4 people over and over ago and try to figure out their tells like a bizarre game of poker. Kinda like when I didn't post death results to Phallanoia and people actually felt some sort of sense of suspense instead of "X was Mafia, Y and Z are too, TOWN WIN WE ARE AWESOME" hollow victories.

EvilBadman on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    On another completely different point of interest A+ grumpy for making it as far as you did as neutral and then choosing to side with the village. Which ever faction that chooses to hate the neutral deserves to die.

I'm still not over my day 1 vampire death. Dam you infidel.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I will miss you, EvilBadman. Clearly you are the only person here who knows how mafia should be run. FUCK all that shit about tells. I mean, it's not like the original game is designed around interpreting the behavior of the people you're playing with. Right? Of course that's fucking right, you're EvilBadman!

You didn't deserve to be killed in a game of mafia. NO! You sure as fuck deserve to make a scene afterwards, though. That much is certain. Gumpy stole the spotlight you so rightly deserved! Steal it the fuck back.

Then leave, plox.

Frosteey on
    edited December 2008
    Someone explain DevoutlyApathetic and Doxa.

I don't see any actual conversion abilities anywhere, and I still have no idea how or why Doxa was the quickest on the Maximus bandwagon.

Frosteey on
    edited December 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I will miss you, EvilBadman. Clearly you are the only person here who knows how mafia should be run. FUCK all that shit about tells. I mean, it's not like the original game is designed around interpreting the behavior of the people you're playing with. Right? Of course that's fucking right, you're EvilBadman!

You didn't deserve to be killed in a game of mafia. NO! You sure as fuck deserve to make a scene afterwards, though. That much is certain. Gumpy stole the spotlight you so rightly deserved! Steal it the fuck back.

Then leave, plox.

I have no idea where "Gumpy stole my spotlight" came from, and will retort that you're just trying to iritate me further via him. That's a nice try.

I am fairly certain that the original game was a fun game of deduction and not elitist jackasses who think it's a ball to continually be assholes to "outsiders" and then hide behind the claim of "IT'S PART OF THE GAME." The clique nature of the player base here is to the point of parody. God Forbid someone point it out either, because they get chastised and exonerated. Going through the motions is so awesome guys. Let's masturbate some more and convince ourselves we're awesome.

The only people who seem to enjoy themselves beyond the clubhouse circle jerk are CJ Iwakura, who I sense has a ball writing some fantastic narrations; and MrBlarney, who volunteers to wade through your self-serving bullshits troughs to make damned nice spreadsheets.

EvilBadman on
    edited December 2008
    I will from now on be responding to you with only the single most relevant thing that I've already said.
    You didn't deserve to be killed in a game of mafia. NO! You sure as fuck deserve to make a scene afterwards, though. That much is certain.

Now let's all play a game and guess how many more times I'm going to have to post that in response to you. My bet is on five.

Frosteey on
    edited December 2008

Then leave, plox.

I have no idea where "Gumpy stole my spotlight" came from, and will retort that you're just trying to iritate me further via him. That's a nice try.

I am fairly certain that the original game was a fun game of deduction and not elitist jackasses who think it's a ball to continually be assholes to "outsiders" and then hide behind the claim of "IT'S PART OF THE GAME." The clique nature of the player base here is to the point of parody. God Forbid someone point it out either, because they get chastised and exonerated. Going through the motions is so awesome guys. Let's masturbate some more and convince ourselves we're awesome.

The only people who seem to enjoy themselves beyond the clubhouse circle jerk are CJ Iwakura, who I sense has a ball writing some fantastic narrations; and MrBlarney, who volunteers to wade through your self-serving bullshits troughs to make damned nice spreadsheets.

Ok

So which outsiders do I hate?

Can you please back your claims up

Note that you do not count as an outsider

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    I'm not going to sit here and conduct a list of people who don't play Phalla anymore because they stopped bothering with the shenanigans enacted "in the name of the game." But I gladly join that list.

My grievance remains to the point that the players here find no quarrel with acting astoundingly terrible toward one another during games. Moreover, the game is noticeably secondary to some people to the act of inciting as much personal rivalry fodder as they can stand. It is to the point that every game thrives on incidents of assholish behavior because no one wants to call anyone else out. Point in case, I point out that there's some pregame "I won't kill you" alliance going down between a couple of conjoined at the hip players. That is incredibly bad form, but somehow magically it's glanced over because I'm a person of ill-refute. Nevermind that the claim was valid, no no.

I have brought it up previously, but the Alt Phalla was a work of genius by Blarney, as the game was inherently better when no one knew who they were playing against. This lead to people actually playing instead of grudge killing each other, ad hominem attacks, and the ever-present mud slinging.

EvilBadman on
  • JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Someone explain DevoutlyApathetic and Doxa.

I don't see any actual conversion abilities anywhere, and I still have no idea how or why Doxa was the quickest on the Maximus bandwagon.

One of the Hackers told Doxa that morning. Note how Doxa (via his hacker buddy) was COMPLETELY wrong about Maximus's affiliation.

I kinda wish I'd been a LoneStar'r. I wanted to change my avatar to Jill Valentine.
    Then when I was called out, I could say "I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S."

Jobastion on
    Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited December 2008

Then leave, plox.

Ok

FYI. Outsider posting here. Got along just fine Hihi Gumpy<3

Jobastion on
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    edited December 2008
    I will not give you that as a point in case. You didn't point out there was a pre-game alliance after the game was over in a civil fashion, you went into the Phalla sign up thread and gave the entire phalla community the name of a badguy.

I am fairly sure that no matter what claim you use to justify it, the fact you gave everyone vital in game information after you died, selling out on of your own teamates, is slightly worse.

You know with that being straight faced rule breaking. Out of spite.

and your complaints about grudge killing and petty rivalries?

You were killed by someone who honestly didn't really care a damn about you. No grudges, no grand scheme. You are nowhere near important enough for a grand conspiracy to try and take out.

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    Jobastion wrote: »

Then leave, plox.

Ok

FYI. Outsider posting here. Got along just fine Hihi Gumpy<3

You were a star this game

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    I learned from watching you, daddy. I learned from watching you.

EvilBadman on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I learned from watching you, daddy. I learned from watching you.
    Badman, this has been one of the most welcoming communities on these boards.

Show me new players that are shunned out by not being part of the clique and I'll back you up.

Hell, point out some of the people who quit playing because we're all elitist bastards. (Zot is not a good answer.)

When two players form an alliance pregame, it really doesn't effect the game very much. In fact, it can be a lot of fun and change some things up. (Experience here as I arguably started the trend with the Spectre 5)
    It had never had a huge impact on the game at large.

You can sing and dance all you want, but you outted a badguy and threatened to out the entire bug team.

You're acting like a little kid.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    I don't seem to see any drama here, aside from you and your tantrum.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    The bug board. Did something change? I'd been logged in with tehspectre/spectre. Now... not so much, and can't get back in.

Jobastion on
    edited December 2008
    The bug board. Did something change? I'd been logged in with tehspectre/spectre. Now... not so much, and can't get back in.
    Somebody messed with the user options and changed the password apparently.

I can't log in either.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Somebody messed with the user options and changed the password apparently.

I can't log in either.

I believe and do hereby affirm that somebody is a sonofabitch. And that whoever the admin was should unlock it.

Jobastion on
    edited December 2008
    He will, he just hasn't been online since the game ended.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Zellpher this was a very nicely designed game, well run and enjoyable all round. You managed to give everyone something to do, while keeping the game at a good length.

By which I mean I loved it so much

Gumpy on
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They typically defend new players, "Get the train off him... he's new, this is his 3rd phalla, etc". Some networks will form due to people feeling comfortable, which works right up til one screws the other over. About the only "off" thing about Phalla on these boards is that new people might not realize that almost all the vets are PMing each other quite a bit.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
    edited December 2008
    You'd be surprised at how much the vets don't just PM each other each game.

It really isn't super widespread

Gumpy on
    edited December 2008
    Zellpher this was a very nicely designed game, well run and enjoyable all round. You managed to give everyone something to do, while keeping the game at a good length.

By which I mean I loved it so much
    I loved the theme, but I think the bugs were a little underpowered.

I think we only ended up being able to kill like....3 or 4 people.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    You'd be surprised at how much the vets don't just PM each other each game.

It really isn't super widespread
    I actually suspect folks more if they PM me.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, Phallanoia, while fun for about 2-3 days, quickly degenerated into a mess of "what the hell is going on", and "this is too confusing and silly to bother with keeping up with". There was no satifaction to living each day. Gumpy probably had one of the better Phallas in terms of keeping people on their toes, screwing you for a dumb alliance, etc, although it was defininetly balanced for the Good Guys.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited December 2008
    I would have gladly eaten a vote bandwagon, but Vigilante kills, on day 1 no less, are irrecoverably silly and immediately suspect. This isn't a dilution of my anger, it's just an acknowledgment thereof. Signing up on a lark, getting a somewhat interesting role for the first time and getting knocked off instantly does not a good experience make.

EvilBadman on
    edited December 2008
    Vigs kill folks on Day 1.

It's silly not to expect death every gameday.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Vigs kill folks on Day 1.

It's silly not to expect death every gameday.

Read it now that I expanded on that. Day 1 Vigilante powers are pretty much an asshole button, intentional or not.

EvilBadman on
    edited December 2008
    I'm going to Vig a few selected people D1 when I get the chance. Grudge kills are fun. (You're not on that list, if it matters).

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited December 2008
    I'm going to Vig a few selected people D1 when I get the chance. Grudge kills are fun. (You're not on that list, if it matters).

This is exactly what's wrong with people. Thank you for inadvertently proving my point.

EvilBadman on
    edited December 2008
    Why is that a big deal? You will screw someone at some point (I'm not vigging HOSTS cuz that's just lame), but as a player, you WILL probably pull a dick move, and get killed for it. What happened to being a person?

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited December 2008
    I don't see the problem.

Most grudges aren't out of hate, they're playful "Oh, you killed me last game you bastard. I don't really see anyone else who seems suspicious, so I am gonna frag you!"

Unless I am a very hated guy.

It sucks to die, but that's part of the game. It always will be when you have a community that doesn't change extremely much.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008
    Why is that a big deal? You will screw someone at some point (I'm not vigging HOSTS cuz that's just lame), but as a player, you WILL probably pull a dick move, and get killed for it. What happened to being a person?

Who wants to sign up for a game with the knowledge that they're going to be killed in vengence and/or spite? Why even bother?

All you're doing is causing a cycle of preemptive game ending, because the person you grudged is going to grudge you back, and so forth.

EvilBadman on
    edited December 2008
    I mean, if TS is still alive on Day One, he's evil right? I'd probably vig him to be safe.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    edited December 2008

Who wants to sign up for a game with the knowledge that they're going to be killed in vengence and/or spite? Why even bother?
    I love to have fun on day one when I expect to die.

Make outrageous claims like "Don't shoot me or I'll blow up and kill my attacker"

or formulating a plan that will help the village and implementing part of it/sharing with someone else who can make a difference in case you die.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited December 2008

B/C you get it over with and move on. It's part of life. Pay what you owed.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO