As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2071! (A Shadowrun Phalla) GAME OVER. Runners win!

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It'll be the next Genesis game I play after I finish Langrisser II. Looks like my cup of tea.
    It really is a pretty great game, especially for a genesis era game.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Psh. I did some biz in Bug City, chummer. The go-gangers don't have to worry about heat for dropping a trog or two on the right side of town. But you wouldn't know about that. Yak's don't poke their heads where they don't belong either, if they don't plan on letting us keep it.

And apparently the biz is in your Shadows, so I differ to you. You know your streets, I might be able to give you gear to clear 'em. How 'bout you show me 'round, we'll get a cup of soykaf and case some poli's.

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Morkath wrote: »
    Pfft, the immortal ones are quite rare, and also incredibly powerful. They are not player characters.
    Normal elves have roughly a human life span.
    Still worth the mention, and this is phalla not the RPG, so who knows.

TrueNeverborn on
    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pfft, the immortal ones are quite rare, and also incredibly powerful. They are not player characters.
    Still worth the mention, and this is phalla not the RPG, so who knows.

aye - go go Immortal elves.

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Does it count that I've never actually played Shadowrun, but I've sat in and watched several games?

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
    edited November 2008
    lol, don't see why not dagon

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am just gonna say that I participate in every phalla I can even if I don't know the scenario.

I'll learn the background as it goes on and it's still phalla with the same basic rule set so I won't be completely lost. That's the way I see it anyhow.

M.D. on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Playing a themed Phalla that is unfamiliar has introduced many people to all sorts of cool unknowns.

Phalla, broadening horizons. :winky:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I've only heard vague tale of Shadowrun. I'd love to actually play it someday.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2008
    Someone who knows the dnd phalla players should ask a few if they would like to play.

M.D. on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Someone who knows the dnd phalla players should ask a few if they would like to play.

I keep asking in the Chat thread, but I shall ask again.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Yeah, I've only heard vague tale of Shadowrun. I'd love to actually play it someday.

I'd run it, if I had it... Or knew how the hell to run a PnP on message boards, sorry.

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maybe if the title includes an update on open slots, and offers candy?
    (Candy optional)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2008
    I am holding Zell responsible, but he's really making me want to run a game here.

I have a habit of getting busy and having to drop the game after a bit though, since I put shit off and then it all comes down on me hard. :lol: Still, so tempting.

edit:
    Maybe if the title includes an update on open slots, and offers candy?
    (Candy optional)
    Infidel wrote: »
    Everyone signup, I've got candy!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008
    The Q is infidel, do you want to run phalla or something else? Which would you rather drop half way threw and have everyone go "NOOOOOOOOOOO"?

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am holding Zell responsible, but he's really making me want to run a game here.

I have a habit of getting busy and having to drop the game after a bit though, since I put shit off and then it all comes down on me hard. :lol: Still, so tempting.

Y'know, I just picked up the Shadowrun corebook like a week ago. I have been itching to do something with it, hint hint.

Rainfall on
    edited November 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Y'know, I just picked up the Shadowrun corebook like a week ago. I have been itching to do something with it, hint hint.
    I'd be down, if I happened to be invited, hint hint.:winky:

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !I'm going to Troll this phalla.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited November 2008
    sorry for the double post but, anyone think neverwinter could be modded out for Shadowrun?

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    edited November 2008
    It's much better to drop a PbP game than a Phalla. :D

I make sure I hold up my end of the bargain when hosting, even if it's at the detriment of my GPA. Host fail on Phalla gets people quite a bit more upset, especially with a year long waiting list and all.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008

3e or 4e?

It would almost certainly be 3e if I'm running it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sorry for the double post but, anyone think neverwinter could be modded out for Shadowrun?

It could be. I mean it has the capacity I'm sure. I'm fairly certain you can rewrite even most of the mechanics if you really wanted to. But you'd have to have mad skillz for that, homes.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited November 2008
    Welcome Drez, I <3 you

M.D. on
    edited November 2008
    3e or 4e?

4e what? Blasphemy! WOW on paper, not worth mentioning!

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The immortal ones are a bunch of finger-waggling horse lovers. Even your lowly street elf can expect to live longer than a mundane, though. No one is real sure, as goblinization day wasn't THAT long ago, and besides, Dunkel showed that even dragons can't be too sure how long they'll stay out of the wetwork.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    !sign up, Orc

Locus on
    edited November 2008
    come on, just 5 more!

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nice revival of veterans in effect.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I had to follow up my incredible victory in the microphalla.

Locus on
    edited November 2008
    Nice revival of veterans in effect.

Almost as if somebody is PMing behind the scenes!
    If there is it's not me!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008
    Totally take credit for pming Drez.

M.D. on
    edited November 2008
    Almost as if somebody is PMing behind the scenes!

I say Johnson and Zell are pulling strings. Tricky dreks.

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    edited November 2008
    I am just gonna say that I participate in every phalla I can even if I don't know the scenario.

I'll learn the background as it goes on and it's still phalla with the same basic rule set so I won't be completely lost. That's the way I see it anyhow.

This marks my second phalla ever. I swore off ever doing phallas again when I was killed 45 minutes into the first, without having even logged in to see which side I was on.

Shadowrun is pretty much the only thing that could ever get me back.

Darkewolfe on
    edited November 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

This marks my second phalla ever. I swore off ever doing phallas again when I was killed 45 minutes into the first, without having even logged in to see which side I was on.

Shadowrun is pretty much the only thing that could ever get me back.

Oh shit, that was you? I wasn't in that game, but naturally I think everyone heard about that. :lol:

Be fully aware that you were "lucky" enough to be hit with a once-in-a-lifetime event as far as we've seen. That's never happened before or since, it was Thetheroo's crazy game wasn't it?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008
    this is my 4th, darke, and same reason brought me back. Small world.

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
    edited November 2008

Oh shit, that was you? I wasn't in that game, but naturally I think everyone heard about that. :lol:

Be fully aware that you were "lucky" enough to be hit with a once-in-a-lifetime event as far as we've seen. That's never happened before or since, it was Thetheroo's crazy game wasn't it?

Yes, yes it was. I think I am amending my oath to, "I will never play in a Thetheroo phalla ever again."

Darkewolfe on
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah that was a unique thing, never seen it before or since, just pure luck that it happened to you.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2008
    haha oh man, if he's in this game you should geek him.

M.D. on
    edited November 2008
    This is why our take on Mafia is better imo. We really run with the theme a lot more than most communities, and not only does it expose people to cool shit (plenty of people have read books, watched movies, played games, etc. based on the phalla they just played or are about to) but it also brings in people that have interests in the subject matter.

(Totally not thinking to myself what my SR 3e game would be if it happened right now.)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited November 2008
    (Totally not thinking how much I'd be willing to allocate to tech or a decent vatjob in a SR 3e game, nope nope nope)

TrueNeverborn on
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg