As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VOTING THREAD: FIGHTS 3C AND 3D

2»

• Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Fight C:

1. Martian Manhunter: Has the strength and the strategy to go all the way against the big guns.
    2. Thor: Powerful and magically-embued. Kind of dumb, though.
    3. Namor: He's not going to let a dude like Hulk get off without a fight.
    4. Hulk: Powerful and tenacious, but ultimately beatable.

Fight 3D:

1. Wonder Woman: She'll have to go out of her way not to punch heads off or slice people in half. Clear winner.
    2. Captain America: Shield to the face. Rinse, repeat.
    3. Shade: The dude is very cool under pressure, and has a limitless ability to control darkness in all its forms.
    4. Rogue: Sorry, sugah. Plasma bolts and jazz just won't cut it.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fight C:

1. MM: Cmon, hes Superman with super-telepathy and a weakness to fire... which can not be exploited that easily here.
    2. Hulk: Heres what I think: MM knows Thor is a toughy, and namor is probably someone MM can handle, so he'll go for namor and leave Hulk with Thor. Then I think MM will come back and defeat Thor.
    3. Thor: The top 3 are very close, but my outcome has Thor third.
    4. namor: Outted first.

Fight D:
    1. Shade: While vulnerable, hardest to hit and hits very hard.
    2. Rogue: Her consultant (prof. X probably) will help her use her leech powers to its fullest.
    3. WW: Strong but limited range, exposed skin and how she stands out hurts her.
    4. Cap: only human.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    CircularCircular Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    3C:

1. Thor (The only thing Manhunter has on Thor is intangibility, and I don't recall that Manhunter can use it in an offensive manner like Vision can. I'll give the toe-to-toe brawl to Thor.)
    2. Hulk (Hulk is, by definition, the strongest one there is. The others have lots of advantages over him, but Hulk has what it takes to stick around to the end.)
    3. Martian Manhunter (Just like with Superman, if this isn't just going to be "this guy is unbelievable so he must win" then his weakness has to count for something. All it takes is one off-target lightning bolt from Thor that starts a brushfire and Manhunter slips down in the ranking.)
    4. Namor (A solid contender, but Namor got this far on the strength of being ruthless while others were being careful. Against powerhouses like these a mean streak just won't make up the difference.)

3D:

1. Wonder Woman (As others have said, basically Superman without the weakness and with some extra tricks.)
    2. Captain America (Has made a career of fighting people much, much more powerful than he--and winning. Cap might not be able to carry this one, but if there's anyone who breaks the "compare power levels, give rankings accordingly" math, it's him.)
    3. Shade (He's either a Green Lantern with some extra tricks or Cloak with some extra tricks. I'm still not clear which it is, but either way, neither of those sound as devastating as people are making him out to be. )
    4. Rogue (Invulerable, super-strong Rogue would've been a good matchup against Wonder Woman. Firey Rogue is not.)

Circular on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    3c

1. Martian Manhunter. Simply too versatile for anyone in this fight. Phasing, telepathy, shapeshifting, flight, super-strength are just too much.
    2. Thor. Damn powerful, but if he can't hit J'onn, he can't KO him. Would definitely take
    3. Gladiator Hulk, who is not anywhere near classic "I'm holding a mountain up" levels.
    4. I think Glad. Hulk could take Namor.

3d

1. The Shade. Control over mystical darkness is hella powerful when you have as much guile and experience as he does.
    2. Wonder Woman. The shade is the only person who can beat her here, unless she fights Cap at the mortal level. That would make for a closer fight, but I still think Wonder Woman would win.
    3. Cap. Experienced enough to take Rogue down pretty easily.
    4. Rogue. Outclassed and grossly out-experienced.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    3c

1. Hulk - Unstoppable. Also strongest one there is.

2. Thor - God.

3. Namor - Good showings against the Hulk.

4. Martian Manhunter - Forest fire.

3d

1. The Shade - Apparently virtually omnipotent.

2. Wonder Woman - Superman clones ftw.

3. Rogue - Could at least potentially get lucky.

4. Captain America - Poor Cap. He might get the drop on Rogue, but everyone else would wipe the floor with him.

voodoospork on
  • Options
    OllieQBDOllieQBD Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    3C:

1.) The Hulk: Pounds Thor, Pounds Namor, but only after Namor,Thor and Hulk realize they've all saved the world together on multiple occasions and the other guy in the match is pretty fucking scary
    2.)Thor, God of Thunder, second only to the Hulk in this one, after the Marvelites bash J'onn into oh so much green ick, the Caves Namors' head in with Mjonoir
    3.) Namor, I love him, I love him to death, but yeah Thor or Hulk could crush him like a bug
    4.)Martian Manhunter, one Superman class character does not equal three Superman class characters

3D:

1.) Wonder Woman: I've seen her fight Superman, well, really really well
    2.) Shade: Oh so much power her, he's out classed everyone in the match except Wonder Woman in every category
    3.) Captain America: Cap wins a lot of fights, but most of those fights don't have him fight gods or elemental death machines
    4.) Rogue: Fucking hate Rogue.

OllieQBD on
    1156405867520.jpg
  • Options
    TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fight C
    1) Hulk- Thor almost deserves first, but Hulk is just too strong.
    2) Thor- Really tough, but the only way I can see him wining is by throwing Hulk out of bounds, and to do that he'll have to get close to Hulk. Which, you know, will probably end badly for Thor.
    3) Martian Manhunter - I could see him geting second, or even first, but in a fight with Thor and Hulk in it, I'm sure lots of things will be on fire. Sorry MM, even if no one knows your weakness (Which Thor might, if he's allowed to talk to Odin/other gods) fire being everywhere isn't going to help you out much.
    4) Namor- A fish out of water.

Fight D
    1) Wonder Woman- With the hilarious ammount of prep time that everyone gets, I see no reason why she couldn't thrash Shade.
    2) Shade- He has cool powers
    3) Captain America- He's fought dozens of people who have Rogue's basic power set of flight + lasers. If she gets close to try and drain him, she'll get KO'ed in like two shots.
    4) Rogue- I'm not impressed by her power set. Shooting lasers is almost meaningless in this fight, not to mention that she has normal human durablity, and pretty much everyone here can easily one-shot KO her.

TehChowd on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fight C:

1. Thor: Hammer time! Might team up with Hulk, but he's a powerhouse anyway.
    2. Hulk: Hulk. Strongest. There. Is.
    3. Martian Manhunter: A flammable forest, people who can kick his ass, and hulk strongest there is. Sorry, but Jordyn's lover boy has got to go.
    4. Namor: He's like a fish out of water! And the fact that he's a dick won't endure himself to the others.

Fight D

1. Cap: Shield to the back of the head for Rogue! Shield to the back of the head for Shade!
    2. Rogue: Drains WW, knocks her out
    3. WW: See above
    4. Shade: See Cap.

This is a man I agree with.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    exitexit Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fight C:

1. Thor: hammer hammer lol
    2. Martian Manhunter: power, versitility, and a snazzy wardrobe
    3. Hulk: strongest, but sadly also third..est?
    4. Namor: no widow's peak can save you now

Fight D:

1. Shade: so he's kind of a pretty big deal, huh
    2. Wonder Woman: punch, kick, lasso!
    3. Captain America: just can't do it
    4. Rogue: Rogue. I love you. But you are fucked.

exit on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    C:

1- Hulk: Hulk is strongest there is, etc. Is so incredibly dangerous he has to be exiled from the solar system.
    2- Thor: Handy with his Magic Hammer, or so Captain Marvel tells me.
    3- Namor: He's hella strong, but up against some of the most powerful figures in any universe.
    4- Martian Manhunter: Will get jumped on by the two Avengers and Hulk first thing. Dogpile on the martian.

D:

1-Shade: Apparently hugely powerful, but obviously in a different class to the bottom two.
    2- Wonder Woman: Hugely outclasses the other two in the match.
    3- Captain America: Just not up to taking out Wonder Woman, or Shade, who is apparently incredibly powerful and stuff. Whatever. You're still the better man, Steve.
    4- Rogue: You're fucked, Sugah.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    C- 1. Martian Manhunter. More verstital then the others
    2. Namor. been in action since before WW2, has lots of experience.
    3. Hulk. Strongest there is, but that's not good enough here.
    4. Thor. The others could take him.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    C:

1 - Martian Manhunter: can go gigantic and smash shit
    2 - Hulk - can get angry and smash shit
    3 - Thor - can pull out his hammer and smash shit
    4 - Namor - can go underwater and not smash shit

D:

1 - Shade: believes in a thing called love
    2 - Wonder Woman: can make a hawk a dove
    3 - Rogue: she won't wear a glove
    4 - Captain America: can't push or shove

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Son of BeyonderSon of Beyonder From Beyond BeyondRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    VOTING IS CLOSED
    MATCH C

THOR --------------- 124
    HULK --------------- 93
    MARTIAN MANHUNTER -- 91
    NAMOR -------------- 4

MATCH D

WONDER WOMAN ------- 124
    SHADE -------------- 121
    CAPTAIN AMERICA ---- 26
    ROGUE -------------- 22

THOR, HULK, WONDER WOMAN AND SHADE ADVANCE

Son of Beyonder on
    5u13zxvb47g3.jpg
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Man, Cap should have been last

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Man, Cap should have been last

The shield to the face is a powerful adversary. :)

Marathon on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    ARG

You can't KO something that is intangible! Dammit!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oooh, close one with Hulk and MM.

DarkPrimus on