As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]hammer 40k

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    I think that FCC is my scientific counterpart, in that he reports on what he is working on, I have no fucking clue what he's talking about, and he's probably really good at it.
    Yeah, same to you. I was impressed that you could chuck out logical lists like that and then combine them to make even bigger points. This chat is full of WUV!

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I think that FCC is my scientific counterpart, in that he reports on what he is working on, I have no fucking clue what he's talking about, and he's probably really good at it.

Wait, what do you do?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm such a bum!!! :(

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is anyone gonna get it? I wonder.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Res wrote: »

Wait, what do you do?

He wears v-necked shirts, possibly striped.

And then he ponders the existential ramifications of such a decision.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    From the accounts I've talked to him, he seems like a science guy who's nigh near the top of his class. I think that description fits the bill pretty well, no?
    Yeah. It's weird though, I have a bit of an inferiority complex because I go to a community college, so I'm constantly trying to out do the University transfer students. Currently I'm being outdone in organic by a fifteen year old savant. :x HES FIFTEEN AND ACING ORGANIC. Rawr.

• Options
    edited November 2008
    "Existential" is a good word, just the sound of it.

I like the word "miasma" too.

Existential miasma.

That sounds like a cool phrase.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Seriously guys. Chili upgrade.

I am now like a Journeyman Chilismith.

You travel through time ladling chili to whatever indigenous life you find along the way?

No, I just spent like 30 hours grinding chilismithery.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    But she's so pretty. Another girl would just be distracting. They're all so boring, anyway.

"I don't get what the big deal is about having two of a great thing. I mean, I got one Xbox controller already. Why get two!?"

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Seriously guys. Chili upgrade.

I am now like a Journeyman Chilismith.

You travel through time ladling chili to whatever indigenous life you find along the way?

No, I just spent like 30 hours grinding chilismithery.

You ground a chili smith into your chili? That's...disturbing.

moniker on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    From the accounts I've talked to him, he seems like a science guy who's nigh near the top of his class. I think that description fits the bill pretty well, no?
    Yeah. It's weird though, I have a bit of an inferiority complex because I go to a community college, so I'm constantly trying to out do the University transfer students. Currently I'm being outdone in organic by a fifteen year old savant. :x HES FIFTEEN AND ACING ORGANIC. Rawr.
    Humble yourself to the fact that there will always be someone smarter than you in something and move on. You just happened to meet someone doing better in the same class. It doesn't affect your greatness nor should diminish it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Res is the avatar of apathy.

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hehe. The adverts for the latest Heroes episode are all like "Is this the beginning of a world without Heroes?" or something like that, I guess because everyone loses their powers due to eclipsification.

I'm sitting over here thinking "hell yes it is, with the writing and the ratings you pathetic fuckers have?"

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Humble yourself to the fact that there will always be someone smarter than you in something and move on. You just happened to meet someone doing better in the same class. It doesn't affect your greatness nor should diminish it.
    Yeah I'm learning that pretty quickly. :D It's fun to compete with him though. I've had some cool conversations with him about science in general. I try not to take it too seriously.

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Hehe. The adverts for the latest Heroes episode are all like "Is this the beginning of a world without Heroes?" or something like that, I guess because everyone loses their powers due to eclipsification.

I'm sitting over here thinking "hell yes it is, with the writing and the ratings you pathetic fuckers have?"

I was thinking "Finally?!"

That show was such a disappointment.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    But she's so pretty. Another girl would just be distracting. They're all so boring, anyway.

"I don't get what the big deal is about having two of a great thing. I mean, I got one Xbox controller already. Why get two!?"

So your friends can come over and play?
    :winky:

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well I can only use one. What's the point of getting another one unless I have an additional person to play wi--ooooooooooooooooh.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

"Women are like Voltron, the more you hook together, the better it gets."

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

When I saw the preview for that episode I thought, "Why in the Christ would they go through making a heroic power formula and all that jazz just to have an eclipse be the real deciding factor for expression of powers?" Then I decided I will never watch that show again, and as of 9:03, my television is not even on.

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Yeah I'm learning that pretty quickly. :D It's fun to compete with him though. I've had some cool conversations with him about science in general. I try not to take it too seriously.
    bill-nye.jpg

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I watched part of the second season and after that fucking box I said no more.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Existential miasma.

Hello fellow lexiconnoisseur. Let's go get dressed to the nines and trip the light fantastic.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'd like Heroes to be written by non-crappy writers.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Existential miasma.

Hello fellow lexiconnoisseur. Let's go get dressed to the nines and trip the light fantastic.

23 skidoo

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Season 1 I loved. It also allowed me to ogle Hayden Penetierre, an attraction made me somewhat ashamed of myself when I realized that she was, in fact, actually younger than I was. That is an odd thing to find out have just reached legal majority, I will tell you.

But I had less than no interest in the 2nd season based on what I'd heard. Season 3 was supposed to be its return based on the premiere which supposedly was receiving standing ovations and other bullshit, but obviously it's not working.

It's pathetic, though. How can a show with the aforementioned barely legal girl, Kristen Bell, and Ali Larter suck so goddamn hard?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well I don't think that's a fair statement but I suppose you'll hold your opinion regardless of what I say.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    BILL BILL BILL!

Bill Nye the Science Guy!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Existential miasma.

That's one of my favorite poems!

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »

Existential miasma.

23 skidoo

Actually, I was just on the way out to my local coffee shop so, later.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Season 1 I loved. It also allowed me to ogle Hayden Penetierre, an attraction made me somewhat ashamed of myself when I realized that she was, in fact, actually younger than I was. That is an odd thing to find out have just reached legal majority, I will tell you.

But I had less than no interest in the 2nd season based on what I'd heard. Season 3 was supposed to be its return based on the premiere which supposedly was receiving standing ovations and other bullshit, but obviously it's not working.

It's pathetic, though. How can a show with the aforementioned barely legal girl, Kristen Bell, and Ali Larter suck so goddamn hard?

I hate Ali Larter's character. She apparently got much worse in the second and third seasons, so I am glad that I stopped watching.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well I don't think that's a fair statement but I suppose you'll hold your opinion regardless.

You know Res, you seem like a nice guy, but there is just something about you that makes me wanna smack you around a bit.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    My dick is so hard for Fringe for some reason.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So, shit.

Apparently one of my dads old friends from back when he was a kid is coming to town.

Gotta find a way outta here.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well I don't think that's a fair statement but I suppose you'll hold your opinion regardless of what I say.
    Daww, I didn't mean that in a bad way. You usually post with an indifferent air, is all.

• Options
    edited November 2008
    FCC what physics are you in.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh man, should I ditch my classes tomorrow to go to disneyland with this girl? Classes are cancelled thrusday so I'd see like...NONE of my teachers though for the whole week.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I hate Ali Larter's character. She apparently got much worse in the second and third seasons, so I am glad that I stopped watching.

I guess that's part of my point, really. They hired some pretty compelling actors, even the ones I'd never heard of before do pretty well. They're completely wasting a great conceit, a great cast, and some pretty impressive special effects work by writing the show so terribly that it wouldn't surprise me if Tim Kring got cancer, not that he wouldn't fucking deserve it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    FCC what physics are you in.
    Oh man, I have done everything to avoid phsyics. When I transfer I will cross that road.

• Options
    edited November 2008
    You know Res, you seem like a nice guy, but there is just something about you that makes me wanna smack you around a bit.

He's young.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Don't worry, Res, I found the irony of your post delicious.

ViolentChemistry on
This discussion has been closed.