As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That's not an animal! That's an ALIEN!

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Futore wrote: »

I'm taking full credit for showing you this video

I clicked this during lecture and just about fucking lost it.

Fuck you Futore

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    that's not an animal, that's an ALIEN!

oh wait it's just gabe newell, never mind

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That squid made me pee a little.

It reminds me of the aliens from Independence Day. WE NEED WILL SMITH.

Vee on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So apparently there's been a lot of new, previously undiscovered animals found in the Mekong Delta, including this "dragon millipede" that "shoots" fucking cyanide. Oh, and he's bright pink.

2_greatermekongspecies_461.jpg

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cyanide holy fuck

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh, you think that's bad? They discovered a spider in a cave in this delta. This particular spider has legs that are up to, I shit you not, 12 inches long

6_greatermekongspecies_461.jpg

Just to give you a sense of the scale of these discoveries, "the organization's report "First Contact in the Greater Mekong" says 519 plants, 279 fish, 88 frogs, 88 spiders, 46 lizards, 22 snakes, 15 mammals, four birds, four turtles, two salamanders and a toad were found."

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I remember watching this nature show when I was a kid, and it featured this fucking centipede/millipede that shot strands of sticky web out of it's face and trapped it's prey that way. It was fucking amazing, never could find a video of the damn thing tho.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Legspan of 30 centimeters can fuck right off

Can you imagine that shit crawling on you holy fuckdick

I was later, but more correct
    Legspan, stretched out it's legs, from one tipto the opposite tip, is 30cm

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They found this green pit-viper hanging from the rafters of a restaurant in Khao Yai National Park, which I guess is in Thailand.

1_greatermekongspecies_461.jpg

Oh and they found a hypnotoad too.

5_greatermekongspecies_461.jpg

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    KG3000KG3000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Oh, you think that's bad? They discovered a spider in a cave in this delta. This particular spider has legs that are up to, I shit you not, 12 inches long

Just to give you a sense of the scale of these discoveries, "the organization's report "First Contact in the Greater Mekong" says 519 plants, 279 fish, 88 frogs, 88 spiders, 46 lizards, 22 snakes, 15 mammals, four birds, four turtles, two salamanders and a toad were found."

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....

KG3000 on
    What?
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    fuck guys watch out

that spider is sporting a mean handlebar mustache

he's probably got a six-shooter in there somewhere

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    jesus christ

fuck vietnam

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    look at these motherfuckers

assassin_spider.jpg

yes that's a neck this spider has a fucking neck

it's called the Assassin Spider
    it's only like 5mm though and totally harmless :p

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    awwww look what i found

there's a whole family of spiders called Crab spiders

they live in flowers and stuff and they're totally chill and cute

Crab_Spider.jpg

66096671.0AiTtWRN.CrabSpider3.jpg

d'awwwwwww

20081217-ft4n1bqccwj3mteuxxgh7weiw2.jpg

and then there's this guy that looks totally fucking rad

890866736_1730bc0114.jpg

1807905839_45137c750f.jpg

he is good at webs apparently

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That toad is so fucking scared.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

That toad is so fucking scared.

Toad's all "muthafuckin crazy 88 spidas all up in my grill bitches"

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    crazy 88's

Faricazy on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    THIS PAGE IS AWFUL MAKE IS TOP I HATE YOU ALL

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    WHAT the spiders i posted are all totally cute and they're welcome in my home

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    crab spiders, I think we have them here..they are tiinnny and will just hang out and build webs on your hands for fun.

they are pleasant creatures who caper, and sing, and are overall delightful hosts.

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    also they eat bees 8-)

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's so fucking awesome when they find new species. So awesome. God daaaaaaaaaamn

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I want them to find a new species though

Something that isn't just a slight variation of what we have

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    do you know what a species is

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I really could not be shitted to to homework on that post for something trivial like that.

Anyone who doesn't know what I'm saying there should be colouring in or something

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I want them to find a new species though

Something that isn't just a slight variation of what we have
    A...

Nevermind.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I really could not be shitted to to homework on that post for something trivial like that.

Anyone who doesn't know what I'm saying there should be colouring in or something
    that could be it

or it could be that you don't know the meaning of a fifth grade science class term

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i too often get frustrated when people don't understand what i mean when i use the wrong word

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    honestly black hunter that was actually pretty fucking stupid

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    A new family, or getting quite ridiculous a new order

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ill tell ya what we do need though

a new fucking kingdom. we've had it easy for too long

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The "Vaugely Crusty Substances Exhibiting Limited Intelligence Mostly In The Form Of Enjoying The Works Of Edgar Allan Poe" kingdom.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, a new kingdom could suck

a new order would be something new among the ranks of Mammal/Reptile/Giger

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Goddamnit, I have had way too much Giger in the past two days to handle someone mentioning that fucker again.

Goddamn Giger.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I loved reading one of the producers from Alien's quotes about why he thought the Alien was so successful.

He said it was both horribly beastly yet oddly beautiful at the same time, as likely to fuck you as to kill you

I stopped writing and went outside a while after that

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, yeah, the whole of the first movie is an extended metaphor for giant phalluses queer theory transexualism Id male fear of pregnancy rape goddamn Jesus fuck am I glad that I never have to look at that fucking paper ever again.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    what.

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I had to do that paper

I hated writing for art class, if you weren't studying total shit that you absolutely hated, you were discovering things about artists and artworks you'd be better off not knowing

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I finished a paper for my History of Women in US Film today applying queer theory to the xenomorph in the first Alien film. As I turned it in, I realized I should have just wrote the fucking thing on how the movie is an extended rape metaphor.

Basically what I'm saying is that you think that wasn't a good thesis statement?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, yeah, the whole of the first movie is an extended metaphor for giant phalluses queer theory transexualism Id male fear of pregnancy rape goddamn Jesus fuck am I glad that I never have to look at that fucking paper ever again.

haha

FAQ on