As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Friend may have been mugged (resolved)

DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so a friend of mine was just walking home from Union Station in D.C. toward his apartment. It's a little sketch over in his direction, and he was on the phone with his gf. She called me to say she heard someone shout, "Gimme your phone!" and him saying something like "Leave me alone!" before the line went dead. I told her to call the cops and tell them everything she told me, and to ask them to send a patrol car to the area. None of us have access to a car and can get over there in less than an hour, or we'd cruise around looking ourselves. The cops said that since they hadn't had any reports (duh, what are we doing?) that they couldn't do more than ask a car to drive up the main street there.

Anything else we might try doing right now?

What is this I don't even.
Darkewolfe on

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, his phone is now off, when you try to call it goes straight to voicemail. This is extra concerning. I tried sending him an e-mail as well in case he could get home and contact us that way somehow. Since we haven't heard ANYTHING we're a bit concerned.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    capnricocapnrico Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You've done all that you can do remotely at this point.. I'd start thinking about getting out there yourselves and looking for him. Don't go alone, though. This also assumes you know generally where he was/would be, and won't be wandering around aimlessly. Get someone to check on his place, too.

capnrico on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Well, nevermind. Someone was able to get to the neighborhood. Yes, he was mugged. He's a little beat up, but he's ok.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You're in a situation of very little power which is entirely shitty. If the GF has keys to his apartment I would suggest she take a cab directly there, to wait for him until he gets home.

If he's fine and nothing happened, they can laugh about it and get down to bid'ness.
    If he's not, by waiting at his place she'll be able to see him immediately when he gets home, which is thereby the quickest rout to easing her worries and placing her in a position to comfort him after (worst case scenario) he was so violated.

I hope your friend is okay, man. That really, really sucks.

* edit: Ah, shit. Well I'm glad it wasn't too serious. Tell him the internet sends him a hug.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid