As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

TamTam Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Artist's Corner
sip

Tam on
«13456731

Posts

  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    om nom nom nom

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What kind of tea?

    MKR on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Green of course

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    the kind harvested by small brown people

    me

    Tam on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just got back from seeing the new Bond film.

    Fun times all around, but I think the first one had better fight scenes.

    Godfather on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    we're going to have Tam Tea?

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Can you say it wouldn't be delicious?

    Tam on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I know I can't... wait... awwww crap.

    Prospicience on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'd rather not know.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    I just got back from seeing the new Bond film.

    Fun times all around, but I think the first one had better fight scenes.

    But the car chase at the start was all win!
    I really liked it, thought it tied up all the loose ends of casino royale (with cheese) quite nicely.........except for that fucking awful Jack White/Alicia Keys song at the start...worst bond song ever, sounded like cats fucking on a hot tin roof.

    Mustang on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as Casino Royale, but it was better than the Pierce Brosnan ones. Oh, and i hate how people call it 'James Bourne'. Bloody idiots. Nothing like a Bourne movie.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anything is better that Die Another Day.....I still want to puke everytime I think about that piece of shit. Parasailing on an iceberg, really, what the fuck were they thinking?

    Mustang on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mustang wrote:
    Parasailing on an iceberg, really, what the fuck were they thinking?

    That parasailing on an iceberg is cool?

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Peach flavoured ice tea. GURGLEOOOOORRRRRRRRRR

    desperaterobots on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as Casino Royale, but it was better than the Pierce Brosnan ones. Oh, and i hate how people call it 'James Bourne'. Bloody idiots. Nothing like a Bourne movie.

    That's because the second unit director from the Bourne series did the second unit work on Quantum of Solace. It's the reason the camera is so infuriatingly shaky and why the parallels to the Bourne series are drawn in the first place.

    Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Aren't they doing a fourth Bourne movie in a few years.

    Tam on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The Bourne movies are so good. They're easily amongst the top ten of my most favourite action thriller spy Jason Bourne-related movies starring that Matt Damon guy. Easily.

    desperaterobots on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    winter_combat_knight on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you ask me a bit of bourne injected into an almost comically rediculous bond (Brosnon & Moore) can only be a good thing. More to the point Daniel Craig is a fucking good actor, which they haven't really had since Sean Connery.

    Also
    James Bond wrote:
    "We are teachers on sabbatical. And we've won the lottery. We'd like a room".
    Is now one of the best bond quotes ever.......but you have to see it for it to be funny.

    Mustang on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Moonraker! Good choice indeed.

    D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Toaster: Travel Visas were handled by my travel agent. I gave them the necessary information and they did the rest.

    PROX on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    If you ask me a bit of bourne injected into an almost comically rediculous bond (Brosnon & Moore) can only be a good thing. More to the point Daniel Craig is a fucking good actor, which they haven't really had since Sean Connery.

    Brosnan was damn good- I don't care what anyone says. He looked the part and did the balance of suave and action right.

    I'm not going to tear him down just for Die Another Day.

    Tam on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmmmm... Brosnan may have been a good Bond, but the writers didn't do him Justice. (Golden Eye was ok) Daniel Craige is the best, for seriousness. But i still love a good old Roger Moore Bond film.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Brosnan was good; the scripts were baaaaad.

    Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Its like they hated Bond.

    D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as Casino Royale, but it was better than the Pierce Brosnan ones. Oh, and i hate how people call it 'James Bourne'. Bloody idiots. Nothing like a Bourne movie.

    That's because the second unit director from the Bourne series did the second unit work on Quantum of Solace. It's the reason the camera is so infuriatingly shaky and why the parallels to the Bourne series are drawn in the first place.

    UGH.

    That fucking explains it.

    That guy needs to get hit by a bus.

    bombardier on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So does Tetsuya Nomura.

    Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    Yeah, it wasn't as good as Casino Royale, but it was better than the Pierce Brosnan ones. Oh, and i hate how people call it 'James Bourne'. Bloody idiots. Nothing like a Bourne movie.

    That's because the second unit director from the Bourne series did the second unit work on Quantum of Solace. It's the reason the camera is so infuriatingly shaky and why the parallels to the Bourne series are drawn in the first place.

    UGH.

    That fucking explains it.

    That guy needs to get hit by a bus.

    Yeah, basically. I think there was a car chase in the beginning of that film, but I can't be too sure. For the fight scenes it's worse because it's sad to think a choreographer put time and effort into a good fight scene only to have it pissed down the film's leg with Bourne-style editing.

    Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh hey a new thread and such. Also I liked the new Bond movie, and the one before that...and the one before that, and the one before that.....and the one before that...and especially the one before that. You know, I am not really that difficult to please when it comes to movies.

    rts on
    skype: rtschutter
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brosnan was passable (nowhere near Craig's level though) and GoldenEye was a good flick, but yeah, the writing and directing was shit on a stick from then on. It's like they tried to give everyone what they wanted without stopping to think if the film was any good, which most of the time it wasn't. Still when you think about it, every bond (bar lazenby obviously) has ended their bond career on a pretty sour film.

    Mustang on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Honestly my favorite fight for both of those movies would be the bathroom brawl in the very beginning of the first one. The struggle between those two was intense, it was like you were really there.

    Godfather on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, as soon as i saw that, i knew it would be awesome. Great opening song too. But the singer looks like a full bogan.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Chris Cornell says you look like a full bogan.

    Mustang on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, basically. I think there was a car chase in the beginning of that film, but I can't be too sure. For the fight scenes it's worse because it's sad to think a choreographer put time and effort into a good fight scene only to have it pissed down the film's leg with Bourne-style editing.

    It's like they spent $300,000,000 on what? They could have pulled that shakey cam nonsense on probably a tenth the budget and nobody would notice because you can't tell what is going on.

    bombardier on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Where did all the shakey cam business start? It must have been before the Bourne movies... I seem to remember it in that Jamie Foxx/Tom Cruise flick.

    Tam on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    I want to say something around Saving Private Ryan but I am nowhere near a film buff and am probably way off base and SPR is not horrible in any way cinematography wise (cinematographically?).

    bombardier on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    bombardier wrote: »
    Yeah, basically. I think there was a car chase in the beginning of that film, but I can't be too sure. For the fight scenes it's worse because it's sad to think a choreographer put time and effort into a good fight scene only to have it pissed down the film's leg with Bourne-style editing.

    It's like they spent $300,000,000 on what? They could have pulled that shakey cam nonsense on probably a tenth the budget and nobody would notice because you can't tell what is going on.

    If they're anything like me, they did exactly that and blew the rest on whiskey.

    Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    I tend to be pretty forgiving of Bond theme songs because they remind me of Bond movies. Both "You Know My Name" and "Another Way to Die" have grown on me.

    I definitely preferred Casino Royale but wasn't disappointed by Quantum of Solace either. It felt more like a "bridge" movie but I'm okay with that. I watched Casino Royale again this weekend and realized that, for the most part, I'm waiting for the action scenes to be over so that it can get back to Bond being smooth. I hope the next movie gets some of that slower pacing back. Trying to one-up the action sequences is what made the Brosnan movies go from fun to ridiculous.

    DMAC on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The only problem I had with Casino Royale was all the romantic shit thrown in at the end. Yes I know he loved her, but that whole segment felt like it went on forever, enough for me to think "ALRIGHT WE GET IT MOVE IT ALONG ALREADY!"

    And then it went to another chase scene and all was right with the world.

    Godfather on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Sadly, another reason QoS was so reliant on action scene pacing is because of the confounded writer's strike. The script was finished two days before the strike, so they didn't really get the opportunity to go back and finesse the script to add the level of polish and filigree Casino Royale had.

    And for what it's worth, I love "You Know My Name", but then, I'm a pretty big Chris Cornell fan to begin with.

    Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
This discussion has been closed.