Options

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

• Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    because taking another english class is suddenly going to make me amazing at putting words together. Everything else before was obviously just silly stuff.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If anything you should keep reading the forums; you've improved a lot since your first posts here. I mean these last two posts only had an average of like three grammatical errors.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    because taking another english class is suddenly going to make me amazing at putting words together. Everything else before was obviously just silly stuff.

It certainly won't make you worse.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ND!

PROX on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had my Sydney College of the Arts interview today, which went okay. They advised me to change my first preference from painting to film and digital art (which I did), which in my opinion was a smart move anyway since I absolutely suck at painting.

Interesting dilemma: what would happen if a woman with breast cancer went to a faith healer?

Flay on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Flay wrote: »
    Interesting dilemma: what would happen if a woman with breast cancer went to a faith healer?

She'd still have breast cancer.

EDIT: Oooooh, now I get it.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I...don't...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i'm disapointyed in you deelock.

dis-a-poin-ted!

(. Y .)

r-jasper on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    woot, got an A+ on the public reading for my writing class because i designed the posters for it

nice

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had the weirdestttttt dream. I was working on a pile of doughnuts, but no one cared because it was the none flavored doughnuts. And I would look out a window and watch a chinchilla wrastle a squirrel for a nut. Then a wolf would walk up and sniff the chinchilla then go on its way, and everyone was to noisy around the doughnut pile.

And so I walk to the back of the house and I walk into a restaurant so I start eating it. And the people say "ohhhh a bad server can make good food bad because it doesn't look good" and so I started reading what what my book said, and it said don't eat a steak. So instead I got broccoli and potatoes. And I decide this place is to uncomfortable so I go back to working on the pile of donuts. And then I see the wolf again and it starts growling at me. So I pet it and it stops. Then I woke up and went.... "woahhh I got class in 40 minutes... MUST TYPE STORY TO THE AC" and now I gotta go to class. The end

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's 1:30am in Adelaide, time for the morning CHAT. But of course, there is no CHAT yet, everyone's still asleep in their comfy, comfy beds. Good night, everybody.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I got got a sweet tv for free. Victory is mine!

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In my dream someone had totally dismantled my car, but was kindly waiting for me when I went out to it. They offered to reassemble it on the spot for a small fee.

rts on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I don't have dreams.... ever.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    DeeLock wrote: »
    I...don't...

Faith healers usually heal by touching the part that ails you.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    DeeLock wrote: »
    I...don't...

Faith healers usually heal by touching the part that ails you.

D:

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    :winky:

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Are faith healers usually women?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited December 2008
    No, the overwhelming majority of those charlatans are men.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh. Never mind then.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    I've been to Benny Hinn's church. My parents took me there when I was younger. It's a very impressive place. The parking lot is actually a large field. We arrived there hours ahead of time and only managed to get into the overflow area of the building that he was in. Of course, they had recently built another building right next to that as a large extended overflow that had a live video link on a big screen for all the people in there. It was pretty amazing to watch but it was clearly just a show since all of the truly sick people that I saw going there, like the deaf little girl sitting in front of me, never actually were healed. They were filled with false hope that would later be destroyed as they found that all the donations to his church would never actually heal their bodies.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Which makes the bastard a charlatan- a filthy good-for-nothing con man.

Tam on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Grifter wrote: »
    I've been to Benny Hinn's church. My parents took me there when I was younger. It's a very impressive place. The parking lot is actually a large field. We arrived there hours ahead of time and only managed to get into the overflow area of the building that he was in. Of course, they had recently built another building right next to that as a large extended overflow that had a live video link on a big screen for all the people in there. It was pretty amazing to watch but it was clearly just a show since all of the truly sick people that I saw going there, like the deaf little girl sitting in front of me, never actually were healed. They were filled with false hope that would later be destroyed as they found that all the donations to his church would never actually heal their bodies.

Happy Christmas, Everyone!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The levels of frustrations I'm feeling right now is beyond words. It seems that my fabulous new boss wants to make everyone take a vacation from the 26th till Jan 6th. I already had the money set up to order my China Visa and pay for the tickets at the end of January. I can't rush my visa and I can't pay the over priced ticket during x-mas season. It seems that my trip to China is off... and I don't have vacations for next year.

I'm gonna buy something very expensive today... VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

ARARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    People are pretty terrible...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Why is he forcing everyone to take vacation? And is it paid vacation? Do you lose vacation days because you're being forced to take it?

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's paid, it's always paid. But I have to use up my vacation time on that mandatory break. The company is at its least productive during those days, that's why he's doing it.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That's lame. See, my company is letting us basically run on a skeleton crew from Dec. 22 to Jan. 2. So, I've manage to arrange it so that I get a couple of long weekends in there. And I don't use any of my own vacation time.

Grifter on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Can anyone who knows quite a bit about computers help me out? I might just go over to G&T if there's no one around here.

So, I'm wondering if this system (along with shipping costs, LCD monitor, webcam, external hard drive, keyboard/mouse, wireless card, decent speaker system, and some things not on this list, but WITHOUT an operating system) is worth $1800 and also worth me purchasing from CyberPower (customized). I don't know that much about some of the components, but compared to some systems on NewEgg this seems like a good deal (since those don't come with monitors, etc).
    • CASE: Apevia X-Dreamer Mid-Tower 350W Case w/ Window & Temperature Display
    • Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Extra Case Cooling Fan (3 x Fans)
    • POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: 635 Watts Power Supplies (Sigma Shark SP-635W PSU - SLI Ready)
    • CPU: Intel® Core™2 2.66 GHz
    • COOLING FAN : Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System
    • MOTHERBOARD: MSI X58 Platinum Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394a, &7.1Audio
    • MEMORY: 6GB (3x2GB) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory
    • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB
    • HARD DRIVE: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 2 Identical Hard Drives (500GB (250GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
    • USB PORTABLE DRIVE: SuperSlim USB2.0 2.5in External & Internal SATA Hard Drive (120GB 5, 400RPM)
    • Optical Drive: Sony 20X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW
    • SOUND: Creative Labs SB Audigy SE
    • Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card
    • Cable Wiring: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU
    • Rounded Cable: Round Cable Upgrade for Optical Drive

I have the money to invest now, I'm getting a new computer, and I want to make sure I'm doing what is best for me in the long run. I play games, but I also plan on using Adobe AfterEffects in the future and dealing with raw video a lot (being a film major), and also music editing. I'll also be very happy to be able to have money programs open simultaneously :D.

I'm always worried about desktops...things often go wrong with them when they are totally hodgepodge like this...

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anybody ever do some blue collar work in their life?

I feel like talking about it for some reason.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yep. Worked in a mechanics shop for 3 years and as a SMAW welder for 6 months.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I used to go roofing with my dad. Work can get pretty rough, but the pay is insane.

I remember making at least $300 under-the-table money with five dollars material and 30 minutes easy work.

Good times.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2008
    Nope.

Powered wigs and polo all the way for me. :D

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    All my jobs were hourly.

I worked 12 hour shifts welding and being a tire tech. I was pulling in great cash, especially when I was making $11.50/hr at the mechanics and $18/hr welding, but I wouldn't want to do it for the rest of my life, that's for sure. I'd rather do commissioned iron-work and the like.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well most smart blue-collar workers make their money per job rather than hour. That's why roofers/contractors can make $Texas in profits on some jobs, while sometimes it can backfire and you can actually lose money instead.

But this is usually because people can and will cheat you out of their money and keep the insurance cash for themselves.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well there aren't exactly many independent job opportunities for a certified welder, especially when you do not own your own equipment/shop, same thing with changin' tires.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Blue collar work seems more fulfilling than any other kind of work to me. The only work experience I really have is fast food and lab work though, so maybe I'm romanticizing.

Tam on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    i've worked at bunningds warehouse for over 2 years now! (i think it's called home depot. in the US )

also worked on farms quite a bit (both my mum and dad are children of farmers)

r-jasper on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    All my jobs this far have been indoors.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What collar work does pizza delivery fall under?

desperaterobots on
This discussion has been closed.