Options

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What collar work does pizza delivery fall under?

popped collar work

Tam on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Delicious circle collar

DeeLock on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Blue collar work seems more fulfilling than any other kind of work to me. The only work experience I really have is fast food and lab work though, so maybe I'm romanticizing.

It really is. There's nothing quite like being able to control your own schedule every hour on the hour (unless things get so hectic that the schedule you set up ends up controlling you :P). Also being outdoors is pretty goddamn awesome at times.

Godfather on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Blue collar work would be more appealing if the people who did it weren't slack mouthed yobbos. If I could listen to classical music and talk about David Lynch films (ie how much I dislike them) while building a wall I think I'd find the prospect more attractive.

/frasier

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My guitar teacher worked at a carpenter's workshop/business for about a year. The guys running it were not only masters of their trade, but very skilled in philosophy.

Turns out they both had a major in that subject. Go figure.

Also here's a cool charcoal study that my past Texas teacher did that I thought was badass:
    Life_drawing_Tomas_by_MatadorX.jpg

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    That is badass.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I concur.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    all the workers we've delt with who haved worked on our home(bar one (we're renovating)) have been dick-bags

r-jasper on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2008
    Blue collar work would be more appealing if the people who did it weren't slack mouthed yobbos. If I could listen to classical music and talk about David Lynch films (ie how much I dislike them) while building a wall I think I'd find the prospect more attractive.

/frasier
    The work itself is fine. The people you're surrounded by are not. I was a garbageman for a summer and a bar assistant if that even counts.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, yes, that's precisely what I mean. It's always the sexist macho queer stomping hatebags who wind up roofing for a living, and making rape dollars in the meantime.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Godfather wrote: »
    Also here's a cool charcoal study that my past Texas teacher did that I thought was badass:
    Life_drawing_Tomas_by_MatadorX.jpg

Look at all the straight lines!

Fugitive on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I met someone from my childhood today. My little checklist on people to get revenge list got one marked off. I am in such a great mood right now.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    What'd you do make him read one of your posts?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    oh no no no no, we had a chat.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So you essentially made him listen to one of your posts.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    yes that, now how the hell do I remove this stupid windows antivirus program on my computer, I completely regret even touching the thing it is worst then a actual virus.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Download illegal internets pron and music.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I refuse

Edit: actually that was probably how I got the virus, there was this site where it said a random musician artist had Junk music Free to listen to, I clicked on it and listened to the music and whent "meh this music sucks" and then all of a sudden I had a virus and my computer decided to make my life hell even after I removed the virus with another program. So now my computer is being horribly retarded and keeps spamming me to give the window's XP company 80 dollars to buy there antivirus program. sigh THERE IS NO VIRUS ANYMORE DAMN YOU.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2008
    Hah.

Any classical music + Queen fans out there, is The Queen Symphony worth twelve of my United States greenbacks?
    Who waaaaaaaaaaaants
    to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive
    FOREVERRRRRRRRR
    Who daaaaaaaaaresss
    to looooooove
    FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

OHHHHHHHHHHHAWHOAAAAAAAAAAAA-OOAAAA

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Um Loomdun that's probably just another virus dude.
    edit: Unless it actually is the Windows thing, but I kind of doubt it. You can do what I did and wipe your drive and install Ubuntu and then it won't bug you any more for sure whatever the reason was.

And Bacon that was a good spoiler tree nest whatever.
    But doesn't it go to
    FOREEE-EEEEHEEEEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    is ours todaaay.
    instead of
    OHHHHHHHHHHHAWHOAAAAAAAAAAAA-OOAAAA
    ?

edit: Never mind guess maybe just at the end.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I was doing the one in the middle.

And hey what happened to that battle thread after I stopped fucking it up for everybody?

EDIT: No, iTunes, Who Wants to Live Forever is nothing at all like Streets of Philadelphia, you dumb schmuck. :x

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah I was doing the one in the middle.

And hey what happened to that battle thread after I stopped fucking it up for everybody?

EDIT: No, iTunes, Who Wants to Live Forever is nothing at all like Streets of Philadelphia, you dumb schmuck. :x

Closed until Chris Hansen is done investigating

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    huh?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    huh?

Bacon you're my favorite hermit

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Even knowing who that is I still don't understand your joke?

Did he investigate Westworld for pedophiles recently or something, thus making the reference pertinent?

EDIT: Freddie Mercury TOTP
    Picswiss_VD-45-06.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sexual harassment gif in the battle thread

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Man I'm pretty sure that joke's a stretch.

You could have just went with 'It's been taken as evidence for ND's impending trail against you for groping in the 1st' or the like.

If I need to put in thought to get the joke, I'm not going to have the free mental capacity required to be offended by the insult!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Bacon, I want to take you to the seven seas of Rhye.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Bacon, I want to take you to the seven seas of Rhye.

But all I want to do is bicycle.
    Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2008
    I've never seen this badass video before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FntqS44U7y8

What the hell you guys, why do you not tell me about these things.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You are right that is another virus. OKAY all viruses are now gone. Good grief I contacted help because I am helpless everything is gone now. My computer is safe I never ever want to stray away from normal sites again.

Edit: FYI anyone, If you have windows XP Antivirus 2009 is a virus. It's a virus that looks like windows XP and takes over your normal XP functions to pretend everything is fine. In reality it is the virus and tells you there are fake viruses existing. Acts like a shitty scanner as well.

Edit again: also, i'm stupid for falling for such a thing. Glad I wasn't dumb enough to give away credit information to buy false product atleast.

dfhgeaheaha today was good and bad and then good again.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Re: battle thread
    I'm just waiting for the hammer to fall.

... I ruined it didn't I.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes. Yes you did.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There's another forum I post on for like... local urban development and stuff. Except for a few people, it's full of complete morons. I keep going on there and trying to get all Debate & Discourse, and all I get is flailing retards mashing the keypad at me. I AM FRUSTRATED BY A LACK OF INTELLECTUAL ENGAGEMENT!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    There's another forum I post on for like... local urban development and stuff. Except for a few people, it's full of complete morons. I keep going on there and trying to get all Debate & Discourse, and all I get is flailing retards mashing the keypad at me. I AM FRUSTRATED BY A LACK OF INTELLECTUAL ENGAGEMENT!

s;rlg[wrpakyl;wae,uhaekjl;.r;aj

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Your english is growing in leaps and bounds Loom.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    wait, is keypad the one with numbers or letters.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    How do you find friends/a social niche in a city full of million of different people, 99% of which you do not like?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Find something they like to do, and go along to it. Their bars/cafes/clubs etc.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That is so general...I don't mean like a "stereotypical" niche like "people who like movies" or "gay people" or "artsy people." That is the exact opposite of what I'm looking for, actually. I don't think "niche" is even the right word...since what I'm looking for is just a permanent social group or a couple of people who I just really get along with and spend all my time with.

I just want to find some people who are already friends, and have them all be awesome, and then be friends with them too. That, or just have all my real friends from high school not be dispersed over the world...

ITT: Gays Win

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
This discussion has been closed.