Options

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2008
    Just go up to people on the street and say, "HEEEEEEEEYYYYYY DO YOU WANT TO BE MY BEEESSSSSST FRRIIIIIIIIIEEEEEENNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD?" and keep doing that until someone says "ok" and bam, new best friend.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I take it you're lonely, then? Because I don't think it really works like that. And I know it's general advice, but it's worked for me. My friends were dragging me down so I went and did stuff that I wanted to do, and I met a lot of people doing that stuff who I had a lot in common with. Now I have an awesome group of pals!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh Bacon. I choose THAT idea. :D

Yeah, I know what you mean DR. It's just really hard to transition from "Best Friend Super Pals who might as well be family" (who I'm seeing in two weeks) to "A bunch of random people I know nothing about who I'm only spending time with because I'm lonely and I hope to make friends to fill my empty heart."

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I take it you're lonely, then? Because I don't think it really works like that. And I know it's general advice, but it's worked for me. My friends were dragging me down so I went and did stuff that I wanted to do, and I met a lot of people doing that stuff who I had a lot in common with. Now I have an awesome group of pals!

Except when all his awesome pals wanna go the club and old Flannel sides can't get in.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Meeting new people can be hard. It's true.

When my band broke up I thought I'd never have a pal as good as the drummer. We were friends since highschool and had that telepathic knowing-what-the-other-would-say comfort level thing. It was great, and hilarious. But now I've got a few pals who are even closer! It's great!

Except when all his awesome pals wanna go the club and old Flannel sides can't get in.

You shut your whore mouth!! I wonder if they'll let me in tonight. I'm wearing a $6 op shop t-shirt and a faggy wee hand-crafted badge of some kind of parrot or something. They probably have a rule against faces or something now.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    But how? How! D:

This is totally useless to contemplate sitting in my room at 2:40AM. I obviously need to try harder instead of thinking about it so abstractly all the time. But I'm so lazy...and nothing fits into my schedule. I've even tried to ask people to hang out with me! They just don't care...

Ugh, I'm going to stop and just go to sleep and wake up not thinking about this anymore.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yes. Procrastinating isn't the answer. I know this advice would get me an infraction in H/A, but I went out drinking. By myself. I understood that it was a weird, pathetic thing to do, but I decided to rely on my charm (what little I have) to meet people.

Also, try hanging out with work friends or school friends. Even if they're not perfect buddies, they will grant you access to more people who you could hang out with! Hell, come to Perth and I'll introduce you to some people! (And then never call you again you weirdo.)

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    New contest thread is up. Is it good?

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Adam: Yes.

srsizzy: Dude. You still go to school, right? Schools have classes. Classes have other people in them. Talk to people before and after classes about the homework, the reading, the material, whatever. Something that you are guaranteed to have in common. If they seem cool, find out what they like to do, and then if they still seem cool, suggest doing stuff that you both like together.
    If not that, then find out what sort of clubs there are at your school (I'm assuming you're in school), and try going to a couple that involve things you like and following the previously described Conversation Plan, adjusted for the topic of the club or whatever instead of classwork. That way your pool of potential friends will at least contain people that share an interest.
    But don't expect to be SuperBuddies with people right off the bat. You've got to get to know people, and to do that you need to start somewhere.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2008
    You could always just become a friendless loner like myself.

Unintentionally dour TOTP.
    180px-The_Giving_Tree.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow. Thats 2 in a row for you.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Alright quarter past four time for bed. I've got a long weekend of boozing to rest up for.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Quarter past? Oh you crazy British.

e: oh wait...NH isn't in England. Oh you crazy east coast elites.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ah, gotta love a Friday night in, watching Die Hard, drawing and drinking Farmers Union Iced Coffee. Havn't had one of these babies in 2 weeks!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's thursday you dunce.

:P

DeeLock on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Thursday is the new Friday.
    Friday is now Caterday Eve, and Saturday has become Caturday.
    Sunday remains Day-To-Do-All-Your-Homework-Before-Monday.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Shhhhhh. Wait til he wakes up on "Saturday". :D

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's friday night in Aussie Land. Why? Because we're cool.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Iruka: that video was awesome, but reminded me of the comcast commercials, like at the end of them...still awesome though

srsizzy: i know what you mean about meeting people...especially if it's your first year at a new school...which it is for me. where are you going to school by the way? i know you have some affiliation to arcata...i go to humboldt and am a pretty cool dude if i do say so myself.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Creative schools over in the United States seem so cool. A few of my tutors said that going to art school over there is one of the best things they've done for their career.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The best thing I did for my career was BE AWESOME! HAHAHahahaha... ......it's friday night and I'm alone.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    You crazy aussies and your backwards world...

DeeLock on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Thursday is the new Friday.
    Friday is now Caterday Eve, and Saturday has become Caturday.
    Sunday remains Day-To-Do-All-Your-Homework-Before-Monday.

I don't know what this Caturday is, but now all I can think about is:
    http://images.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=long%20cat

I fear what dreams await me...

Shiboe on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ......it's friday night and I'm alone.

Ah, just get one of those inflatable women. But make sure it's a woman, though, 'cuz one time'... haha... ahhh...

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This actually happend to me with a person... You haven't been to college till hit on a girl that says"You studied with me, but you don't remember because back then I was still a man".

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Last night was my office christmas party.

It is 2:30 pm the next day and I am still drunk.

It wouldn't be so bad except that I'm AT WORK! D::shock::rotate::rotate::rotate:

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Was it anything like The Office Christmas special?

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nothing like that at all I'm afraid.

Update: it is now 3:50pm and... let's just say, I'm not feeling good. Not good at all. :(

Grenn on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    some day I shall be able to properly communicate

Edit: or probably not

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Have confidence loomdun!
    Waterboy_2.jpg

Prospicience on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun, having studied English as a third language I'd say I understand almost everything you write. Compared to most Finnish people I know you have far larger dictionary but lack just some carefulness. I bet it helps if you try to express thing with shorter sentences. That's what I'll usually do to compensate my skills.

Also, tax-refund day!

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I wouldn't really call it being careless. I spend sometimes a embarrassing amount of time re-reading what I type, and still usually end up failing.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    And Grenn was never heard from again.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    no_toast wrote: »
    Loomdun, having studied English as a third language...

Horray for polyglots! You speak Finnish, English and what other language?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    no_toast wrote: »
    Loomdun, having studied English as a third language...

Horray for polyglots! You speak Finnish, English and what other language?

Does pig latin count as a language?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I wouldn't really call it being careless. I spend sometimes a embarrassing amount of time re-reading what I type, and still usually end up failing.

this is a great post though

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

this is a great post though

Well, it can still be fixed for better readablity but it's definately one of the best loomdun posts in a while :)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited December 2008
    your making me feel more and more retarded, "oh my gosh what a great sentence"

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You're.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It isn't so much about your intelligence... just how your intelligence gets perceived because of your writing.

Nappuccino on

This discussion has been closed.