As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Loomdun wrote: »
    OH BOY! I leave my house to the bus in 35 minutes. I am sooo excited to start going back to my normal routine again.

Edit: so excited, that i'm eating food right now.

so excited

that you're

eating food

edit: Is there an art forum where you can be a dick any more?

SE++ art threads. The only caveat is that you must be classy about it.

Edit: For example "Druhim why are you so old" is unclassy, while "Druhim, can you share with the thread the insights you gained from your apprenticeship under Picasso" is classy.

MKR on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That's not old enough. How about Da Vinci instead?

Tam on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tams signature has transformed into alvin and the chipmunks

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Haha Tam I love the new sig!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
    edited December 2008
    I had those pictures for a while and I looked at them just this morning.

I love AoB and his quotes, but I knew the pics would make a great sig to go with my avatar.

Tam on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had the weirdest dream... where my ex-wife was forced to dress up as a dinosaur for a kids show to help feed our children in a post apocaliptic world in which the economy has been obliterated. The weirdest thing obout the dream was the whole ex-wife thing. When did I get married?

MagicToaster on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had the weirdest dream... where my ex-wife was forced to dress up as a dinosaur for a kids show to help feed our children in a post apocaliptic world in which the economy has been obliterated. The weirdest thing obout the dream was the whole ex-wife thing. When did I get married?

In the Future.

Prospicience on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    When did I get married?

You did it for the kids.

edited December 2008
    Well, why did I get divorced? I love her!

MagicToaster on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    She loved your kids more than she loved you and the guilt was too much to bear.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It was the créme du foot!

no_toast on
    edited December 2008

She could never love you in the way that you loved her.

Prospicience on
    edited December 2008
    Ohh... so it was the italics that was too much to bear.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

edited December 2008
    I think MT being the downfall of society and bringing about the rapture might have had some hand in the divorce...

edited December 2008

.... did she ever love me?

MagicToaster on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    Ok, so apparently golf uses a bunch of muscles that I haven't used in quite some time. I'm so bloody sore today. I think I may need to start working out again. I hate feeling like this.

Grifter on
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey Grifter this is what I see when I go to your website:
    ��������W�o�6�����Mb�.m���V�k3�]��膢(h���P�*�q��)��G�n��A�xǻ��>5��p&��k��t�*cm�Wn�Iq<� ��6����)�P����1D1co�;�����'/.��¤��J'�抱�/#�r��SƖ�e����j�&��d��p��]�d��,B�^�m����?99 �#P\χ�����o� <7������XQ��A!R�y3��F;�]<|�� ��:��wXFz2�7��lE���� #z���ye���Q�q�E�;gʟ1� AW0��b@s����\�@f�;�6(���Ĕ/1C�>=;L�ƛ<��V�@s�;U:� �MJ=��KA�P��rn�����~[�˾?�ڶ`�FbwNٽ�Q�@?�m��ϕ�rt�.Pb���h ��[,��hR���ԃZ�?[�Q���e@�XI�$��1??ږ�"�E���h�F(,��#��#o��\7��bZH���U�� a /���}v�;:<|1�O�b�6i[��#4�Mr���o&Ye�o�o %���:��&��ʼ�.Z,�,t^����$0�5���k�X�h��e���E��hh��ܹ�� ��i!��fBd�t�:�$u�j�ٍ}L4�Q�����ˇQ�v#!�k�/�)^�"��#��L;� �0`.I]�º�(�^�T����~�[Rv���,y������)��u(~Ë�1z=닆ߌ��RQ��� �ד_h8��"7hWil]�m����C0tM����'� ���_��(|5(>��������fnx�M8�G�I.1��P�!'���:!�k!uR���f�W�J�9��bMZ1�ɊM�+��?��.� �H��cm��(%R> 1D�W�\�*�OA)k% ^��hd>���P����kH5��jԖ���mM�2�)�P#�37��*1GD��m\ ����evx���4�ԛ������X��/ �9/�!� blz u��Xkat�����2��(�e�A�����4x�'�� a&*I�ou'^/v�Y[A�3�8���uQ�?�����>��ɛ*�+>|N�m{`g6�3&N�s�hFɱ)Wu�i�i9J�Ͷ�� =j��6��G��w�)�o��:~"�F{��׈|�x��R�jyg\ �����F$� ?��\��@�;?2���?˂����M��n�r���/L��E<���]�^��
    Is that what it is supposed to look like.

Surfpossum on
  • the_monarch23the_monarch23 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

.... did she ever love me?

That one night... you know the one!

the_monarch23 on
    "Gott in himmel! Fritz, vee haff named our car after ein lady-garten."
    ~Jeremy Clarkson
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I am about to flip out at my room-mate.

Its not even like he did anything wrong. Its just all of these little things that he doesn't do. I need to get the fuck out of here for a while before I blow up.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited December 2008
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Hey Grifter this is what I see when I go to your website:
    ��������W�o�6�����Mb�.m���V�k3�]��膢(h���P�*�q��)��G�n��A�xǻ��>5��p&��k��t�*cm�Wn�Iq<� ��6����)�P����1D1co�;�����'/.��¤��J'�抱�/#�r��SƖ�e����j�&��d��p��]�d��,B�^�m����?99 �#P\χ�����o� <7������XQ��A!R�y3��F;�]<|�� ��:��wXFz2�7��lE���� #z���ye���Q�q�E�;gʟ1� AW0��b@s����\�@f�;�6(���Ĕ/1C�>=;L�ƛ<��V�@s�;U:� �MJ=��KA�P��rn�����~[�˾?�ڶ`�FbwNٽ�Q�@?�m��ϕ�rt�.Pb���h ��[,��hR���ԃZ�?[�Q���e@�XI�$��1??ږ�"�E���h�F(,��#��#o��\7��bZH���U�� a /���}v�;:<|1�O�b�6i[��#4�Mr���o&Ye�o�o %���:��&��ʼ�.Z,�,t^����$0�5���k�X�h��e���E��hh��ܹ�� ��i!��fBd�t�:�$u�j�ٍ}L4�Q�����ˇQ�v#!�k�/�)^�"��#��L;� �0`.I]�º�(�^�T����~�[Rv���,y������)��u(~Ë�1z=닆ߌ��RQ��� �ד_h8��"7hWil]�m����C0tM����'� ���_��(|5(>��������fnx�M8�G�I.1��P�!'���:!�k!uR���f�W�J�9��bMZ1�ɊM�+��?��.� �H��cm��(%R> 1D�W�\�*�OA)k% ^��hd>���P����kH5��jԖ���mM�2�)�P#�37��*1GD��m\ ����evx���4�ԛ������X��/ �9/�!� blz u��Xkat�����2��(�e�A�����4x�'�� a&*I�ou'^/v�Y[A�3�8���uQ�?�����>��ɛ*�+>|N�m{`g6�3&N�s�hFɱ)Wu�i�i9J�Ͷ�� =j��6��G��w�)�o��:~"�F{��׈|�x��R�jyg\ �����F$� ?��\��@�;?2���?˂����M��n�r���/L��E<���]�^��
    Is that what it is supposed to look like.

No, but that is what I see at my home computer too. My work PC doesn't have that issue. I installed Drupal and made a theme change and that seems to be the outcome. I think I'm going to scrap Drupal and switch to Wordpress.

Grifter on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forbe! wrote: »

Its not even like he did anything wrong. Its just all of these little things that he doesn't do. I need to get the fuck out of here for a while before I blow up.

Yeah roommates can be rough. I find that calling them a fucking asshole or a douche usually softens the blow if I have to make a complaint. For instance:

"Hey douche, take out the trash now and then you stupid douche."

By using name calling that takes it to a level it obviously doesn't need to go to, it makes the comment seem more on the comedic side while still making your point.

rts on
    edited December 2008

Yeah roommates can be rough. I find that calling them a fucking asshole or a douche usually softens the blow if I have to make a complaint. For instance:

By using name calling that takes it to a level it obviously doesn't need to go to, it makes the comment seem more on the comedic side while still making your point.

So would you handle the situation the same if your roommate happened to be your significant other, as well?

Grifter on
  • Big Luke NastyBig Luke Nasty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes!

no

Big Luke Nasty on
    rawr
    edited December 2008
    Grifter wrote: »

So would you handle the situation the same if your roommate happened to be your significant other, as well?

Sure, you just have to choose your words more carefully.

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    I don't know, I have found that women don't usually have this kind of sense of humor. It probably wouldn't go so well.

rts on
    edited December 2008
    I don't know, I have found that women don't usually have this kind of sense of humor. It probably wouldn't go so well.

Really? The ones I know jokingly call each other bitch/whore.

Maybe it isn't the same when it comes from a guys mouth....

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    It isn't.

rts on
    edited December 2008
    I should probably stop doing that then...

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    Yeah being passive aggressive usually isn't the answer. Really, it isn't worth bringing up, it is just me being OCD. We're like the odd couple. I like things neat, his room is a fucking disaster area, and it is slowly creeping out into the common areas. Usually I just pile his shit on his couch, or throw it in the basement.

But he has taken to throwing entire pizza boxes in the fridge on top of all my stuff, so I end up having to remove everything in order to get to it. Or he just leaves his juice jugs in the sink along with two or three days worth of his dirty dishes, that is if the dishes ever make it to the sink, sometimes all the cups go missing because they're sitting on his desk.

Thats about it. Deep breaths. Keep the peace.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • OllieOllie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This may sound stupid, but have you tried asking him nicely? Like, "I don't care what your room looks like, but if you have garbage out here just put in the trash bin instead of on the fridge, it stinks up the kitchen"

Ollie on
    edited December 2008
    Prospicience on
    edited December 2008
    Ollie wrote: »
    This may sound stupid, but have you tried asking him nicely? Like, "I don't care what your room looks like, but if you have garbage out here just put in the trash bin instead of on the fridge, it stinks up the kitchen"

Derr no I havent.

Yeah I have. I told him that when we moved in. I knew what his room looked like at the old place he stayed at. I told him what I said earlier. I don't care what his room looks like, as long as it doesn't migrate into the common area.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    edited December 2008
    I might have misread that, but have you told him this lately? Its hard to break habits and if he's forgotten you have a problem with it, all you should have to do is remind him. That is, as long as he's a swell guy.

--also, I'm a bitch :( I can't summon up the courage to instant message a girl. The hell is wrong with me?

----Also, everyone needs to watch this http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/videos/dodos.html

It's uh, music.

Nappuccino on

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And it's also pretty important to bring it up when you're both in a decent mood. I've found that the one guaranteed way to keep an important request from sticking in a person's memory is to ask when me or the other party are not in a "doing stuff for other people" mood.

MKR on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    When your both in a decent mood, suggest a clean up together. I've learned I really don't have time to be angry at my friends (I spend the majority of my time in an apartment with 4 guys) when they are being gross. I Just ask one of them to lend me a hand. Its less confrontational, guarantees it gets done then and there, and it goes faster.

I suppose my philosophy on that is they can live with a tower of dishes. Even though I didn't help to make the mess, I'm the reason its an urgent matter that it be cleaner, So I'm going to do my part in getting it done now, as long as they do their part in getting it done.

Iruka on
    edited December 2008

Sweeeeet! This has been book marked.

MagicToaster on
    edited December 2008

Sweeeeet! This has been book marked.

that first one is sexy as hell

and the dream ten one

and all the other ones too

Tam on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wish I was better at logo design. :(

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I would be the best roomate ever, for anyone, I don't mind being messy, but I'm clean around all spaces when people are bugged by it. My biggest complaints to people would be the little animal noises I make sometimes when I enter a room. I have a hard time understanding when people would be angry so I never assume bad stuff. And I clean my dishes and other peoples dishes when i'm bored.

Edit: and as soon as I finish eating my food (WOAH I had two and 1/2 meals today) I'll update my little thread with stuff I worked on today... Then.... I can't sleep tonight because I have to finish a assignment due tommorow morining that I couldn't work on until now.

Edit again: also I space out and watch people do stuff and make little to no noises.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    loom wrote:
    And I clean my dishes and other peoples dishes when i'm bored.

You should come around to my house next time you're bored, I'm a god damned pig......well right up till it gets unbearable and then I lose the plot and turn into one of those middle aged women who are obsessive about cleaning things with highly abbrasive chemicals and then once it's spotless I turn back into a pig again for 2-3 weeks.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.