As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    I went to the office on saturday to mooch on some free printing and poster boards... but I found the VP... working.... on saturday!!!

Ha!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Castle_BuilderCastle_Builder regular
    edited December 2008
    Didnt want to turn that one guys thread into a Liefeld thread so Ill post this here ...

Im not a Liefeld fan BUT ...

The guy is a fuck load better then most professional comic book artists out there, not to mention he can actually deliver titles on time, he has made a decent living doing what he loves, he has created many comic characters that are a immediately recognizable and which, for many, usher in pleasent memories of a youth filled with Magic the Gathering and comic book shops.

From an artistic standpoint he has good timing, use of perspective, use of detail, can draw fun action scenes (though most of them look the same cut and paste), draws technology well, and over all tells a good visual story that one can easily follow and also can see because its not "hidden" in "moody" blacks and shading which is more often just a tool bad artists use to hide their crap art.

True ... he doesnt know what anatomy is, I mean NO fucking idea what so ever, has a limited pallette of faces and bodytypes to choose from, and unequivocally rips off other artists from time to time ...

... but how many of us would love to be in his shoes making a living with our art?

Im just say'n ...

Castle_Builder on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Slightly on topic, this guy is going to be an amazing comic book artist. I was talking to him last night at the Christmas Party at my school, and he is hilarious, and really has the skills to do great things.

rts on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ???

It's one thing to be a flash in the pan (Nsync?) It's another to actually DESERVE your flash in the pan (Millie Vanillie?)

Oh, wait.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Way to shoot yourself in the foot Castle_Builder.

Godfather on
  • Castle_BuilderCastle_Builder regular
    edited December 2008
    Becoming one of the most sought after Marvel artists at the time and then jumping the Marvel ship and helping to reshape the entire landscape of the comic book industry isnt deserving?

You have some pretty strange standards friend.

Castle_Builder on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Slightly on topic, this guy is going to be an amazing comic book artist. I was talking to him last night at the Christmas Party at my school, and he is hilarious, and really has the skills to do great things.
    I don't really like his style of illustration...something about the faces isn't very appealing.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited December 2008
    Becoming one of the most sought after Marvel artists at the time and then jumping the Marvel ship and helping to reshape the entire landscape of the comic book industry isnt deserving?

No, I just recognize the difference between popularity and quality.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Why are you so angry, Castle. Every post I read of yours is in one way or another berating or vague group of artists that does something or other that makes you mad.

Iruka on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey guys

what's going on in here?

Tam on
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Hey guys

what's going on in here?

Castle's upset about me not liking this guy

(you may need to scroll down to get to the hilarity)

Nappuccino on

• BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Look, I'm sorry, but...

you're an idiot. Are you serious with this shit?

Betelgeuse on
    edited December 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Hey guys

what's going on in here?

Ahahahaha, Rob Liefeld is a doucherag. I like Deadpool though.

Tam on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey guys

what's going on in here?

This is pretty depressing, actually.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
    edited December 2008
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Hey guys

what's going on in here?

This is pretty depressing, actually.

It's a little column A, a little column B i suppose...

Nappuccino on

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Betelgeuse wrote: »

Look, I'm sorry, but...

No no love, there is absolutely on reason to be sorry here.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    AHahhahahaahahahah! GRADE A!

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Betelgeuse wrote: »

Look, I'm sorry, but...

No no love, there is absolutely on reason to be sorry here.

My impeccable manners dictate that I have to be at least a little polite when pointing out to someone that they are a shit-eating moron!

Betelgeuse on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So um, I personally have never even seen these magazines or heard of this artist until when I was in that other thread and it still rages me to see that horrible-ness. In the final page that womans two legs are literally the equivalent of a Skinless muscle diagram of a leg.

Edit: you would have to be like... The two people I sat next to in my art class in highschool to be that stupid and miss something like that after what?.... like... 30 years of doing art?

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited December 2008
    @Looomdun: I think I gave you the wrong years in that other thread... he started in the late 80's at the age of 18... so he should be like, 40 or so. Not like that's really an excuse or anything...

edited for craziness.

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    @tam: I think I gave you the wrong years in that other thread... he started in the late 80's at the age of 18... so he should be like, 40 or so. Not like that's really an excuse or anything...

what are you talking about?

Tam on
    edited December 2008
    Seriously 22 years is obviously not enough time to learn how to draw properly. I found the shovel crotches the funniest part though.

Edit: oh and it wasn't tam asking that, it was me in the other thread.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • VeritasVeritas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rob Liefeld is a joke that's really all it comes down to. Nothing further needs to be said.

Veritas on
    edited December 2008
    @tam: I think I gave you the wrong years in that other thread... he started in the late 80's at the age of 18... so he should be like, 40 or so. Not like that's really an excuse or anything...

Err...

Whoops

edit: ( I saw blue and thought Tam lol)

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    Thats not my baby, mm mm.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited December 2008

Err...

Whoops

you blind old goat

Tam on
    edited December 2008

Err...

Whoops

you blind old goat

Well... I do have a beard.

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    Everybody knows that goats have goatee's. god

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited December 2008
    Everybody knows that goats have goatee's. god

Man, I am in a funk today...

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    I remember a few days back I was walking to my friends apartment then it started raining directly on my face. I looked up. And there was one rain cloud in the sky and the ground around me was dry.

Edit: it was almost as random as the group of cheerleaders that attacked me at in-n-out, But much more random then the group of little asian girls that all whent "WOAH!" when I road by them on my bike.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Didnt want to turn that one guys thread into a Liefeld thread so Ill post this here ...

Im not a Liefeld fan BUT ...

The guy is a fuck load better then most professional comic book artists out there, not to mention he can actually deliver titles on time, he has made a decent living doing what he loves, he has created many comic characters that are a immediately recognizable and which, for many, usher in pleasent memories of a youth filled with Magic the Gathering and comic book shops.

From an artistic standpoint he has good timing, use of perspective, use of detail, can draw fun action scenes (though most of them look the same cut and paste), draws technology well, and over all tells a good visual story that one can easily follow and also can see because its not "hidden" in "moody" blacks and shading which is more often just a tool bad artists use to hide their crap art.

True ... he doesnt know what anatomy is, I mean NO fucking idea what so ever, has a limited pallette of faces and bodytypes to choose from, and unequivocally rips off other artists from time to time ...

... but how many of us would love to be in his shoes making a living with our art?

Im just say'n ...

No. He is not better than most professional comic artists.

He has shit timing, knows nothing of perspective, his definition of detail is "lines everywhere", desn't draw technology worth shit, can't draw a fucking action scene to save his life and is incapable of telling the truth let alone a fucking story.

I would not want to be in his shoes. The man is a hack with no artistic integrity whatsoever and he is a liar and a thief, both as a plagiarist and as an actual guy who steals money (in that he did not always pay the people he employed what they were owed).

Also he is a moron who once actually ran himself over with his car.

And you are an idiot for believing otherwise.

Spectre-x on
    edited December 2008
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Wait wait wait!

How is that possible? And, isn't he a genius for figuring out how to do that? Perhaps that was his true calling in life.

Nappuccino on

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Wait wait wait!

How is that possible? And isn't he a genius for figuring out how to do that?

I got this from a blog entry on DeviantArt by Sean Gordon Murphy, who talked about how he once apparently talked to Liefeld's old babysitter, who then proceeded to tell him that Liefeld, during a late-night snack run or some bullshit like that, in some coked-up dementia had jumped out of his barely-stopped car and ran in front of it to get to the store nex to it. However, he hd neglected to put it in park, so it kept moving, and it hit him.

Because Rob Liefeld is an idiot.

Spectre-x on
    edited December 2008
    I got this from a blog entry on DeviantArt by Sean Gordon Murphy, who talked about how he once apparently talked to Liefeld's old babysitter, who then proceeded to tell him that Liefeld, during a late-night snack run or some bullshit like that, in some coked-up dementia had jumped out of his barely-stopped car and ran in front of it to get to the store nex to it. However, he hd neglected to put it in park, so it kept moving, and it hit him.

Because Rob Liefeld is an idiot.

That's exactly how I want my children to remember me.

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    Why do you even want children??

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited December 2008
    Because having children usually involves sex with the female kind?

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    No, children means your not punching your sex tool in the stomach hard enough.

Edit: teehee

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited December 2008
    Why would I want to punch my sex tool into her stomach? If it gets in there, it'll be coated in acid.

Not pleasent.

Nappuccino on

edited December 2008
    no no no. Your suppose to use your fist on herrr when she is pregnant obviously.

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited December 2008
    So... my fist is the sex tool?

How is that pleasurable for me?

[awkward totp]

Nappuccino on

This discussion has been closed.