As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's have tea at my [Chat]eau

145791031

Posts

  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Australia really is paradise! However dominos is advertising an eight (8) meats pizza with jim beam bbq sauce, and it makes me want to vomit every time I see the ad.

    desperaterobots on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Havn't seen those ads. Next they'll probably make a Vodka Cruiser flavoured sauce for the ladies.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    http://www.dominos.com/home/main_servlet?storeid=8923&COMMAND_MENU=&TARGET_PAGE=%2fmenu%2findex.jsp

    You can get chicken on sandwiches. I might be able to coax some chicken out of the pizza lackey, but they're like robots.

    edit: Ok, chicken is listed as a topping. It probably tastes like poo.

    MKR on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    logo.jpg
    Tastes like shit

    winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well they all have their specialty pizzas, but here's where I get pizza from. All the pizzas I've tried of theirs are really good.

    Prospicience on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I really like Giordano's Pizza, but they won't deliver to Alaska. :(

    e: "Anywhere in the USA" my ass.

    D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    someoneeee make me happyyyy

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    WHARRGARBL.jpg

    MKR on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    To me the accessibility of the art is a big deal. What is the value if only the handful of people who can afford to travel to it can really get it?

    But if everyone has it, doesn't that also mean the value is lost?

    Why would it?

    If everyone has the same thing, (or the potential to) it becomes common place and then, forgotten. It just isn't valued if everyone can have it.


    edit: I'm not talking about value in only its monetary form. I'm talking about the intrinsic value.

    What intrinsic value? That is horribly vague. Do you mean cultural value?

    edit: Can value even be objective?

    Value can be objective.

    By intrinsic value, i mean the value that something has inherently and objectively but, subjectively can fade away.

    For instance, some people have no idea the value of the Mona Lisa and the impact that it had on art in general- They just see a bland portrait. However, that doesn't change the importance it had in history and a little knowledge about that goes much farther into understanding the intrinsic value from a more objective view. (there's a youtube video that goes indepth about the Mona lisa, its pretty interesting...)

    Now... I've got to focus back on my studies...

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    I think Bacon would have some salient points for this argument, but he dun vanished.

    Don't drag me into this minefield, next thing you know people will be debating whether that upstart Monet is producing 'real art', and I'll end up spilling laudanum all over my ascot in the ensuing ruckus.

    But you're so smart, Bacon

    you say things I am unable to verbalize

    though Mr. Michael ".Tripwire." Firman did a lot of that this time

    Tam on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Australian Pizza house.jpg
    Tastes like shit

    Yes it does, and that horrible dampa they sell is infused with pure evil.....I need to drink a bottle of ant-acid after eating it. Pizza is a long forgotten art form in a wasteland of mass consumerism....they still make awesome pizza in Melbourne though.

    ALSO: Traditional art is for chumps!
    I have no facts to back that up, nor do I believe it, I just wanted to get everyone riled up because I'm an asshole.

    Mustang on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I personally find that the computer can carry you in digital art. It does, there is no denying that fact. Mainly because theres so manyyy bad people out there who use it. But this does not make all traditional art good. Alot of bad, stupid idiots do traditional art as well. The difference? You can easily show the world your crappy digital art, and you have to upload your crappy traditional art to actually show it. Therefore crappy traditional art is more scarce to view, unless you go to deviant art of course.

    There are a few people here who do alot of good art in digital media. It's not something you should use to learn to draw though, traditional art will still teach you important skills in digital media. And some people may perform great in digital art without learning all these skills. But your creations will still have flaws and not be as grabbing, in fact, this is more common with digital artist because you are not actually exposed to this practice traditional artists have at reach at all times when they work on there art.

    Ahem... I won't name the artist work but there are a few here who I have seen in digital that produce great work, and some who lack the practice, and that they should first focus on more traditional art rather then work on digital work for now.

    Also i'm angry.

    Edit: and most morons want to try things that are hard rather then easy when they first try so really you can't say one is easier then the other. They are both different, I had something else to say but my mind is feeling depressed again and removing all thought, meh.

    Edit again: oh yes, to say one is harder then the other is mere E-peen boostage.

    Edit again and again: But, computer art can make a dumbass look mediocre. A dumbass in traditional artist is a dumbass. someone mediocre in computer art looks mediocre, someone mediocre in fine arts still looks bad Even being kind of good in fine arts, it still sometimes looks bad you have to be good before people start liking it.

    Mediocre though is the peak for computer arts until you start getting good. It's merely the fact you feel better about your work and can produce moarrrr. And then once your good in CP arts, its good

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Personally, when i do a digital illustration, i feel like i am cheating in a way. If i'm drawing a figure in photoshop, and it doesn't quite look right, i use the distortion tools and cut and past, rotate lines to fix it up. Theres no way of doing that with traditional methods. So the way i see it ATM, if i can't get a good drawing down on paper, until i can, there's no way i'm touching photoshop.

    Another reason ive been doing acrylic and water colour painting tests (unsuccessfully) is so that i have a better understanding of colour when i do move to digital painting. With digital, although i can get something that looks half decent, i find that i go around in cicles until i find something that looks right. With acrylics, you dont have the option to edit the contrast, change opacities.

    Im finding that traditional art is giving me a better understanding, even though i suck considerably at it.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »
    To me the accessibility of the art is a big deal. What is the value if only the handful of people who can afford to travel to it can really get it?

    But if everyone has it, doesn't that also mean the value is lost?

    Why would it?

    If everyone has the same thing, (or the potential to) it becomes common place and then, forgotten. It just isn't valued if everyone can have it.


    edit: I'm not talking about value in only its monetary form. I'm talking about the intrinsic value.

    What intrinsic value? That is horribly vague. Do you mean cultural value?

    edit: Can value even be objective?

    Value can be objective.

    By intrinsic value, i mean the value that something has inherently and objectively but, subjectively can fade away.

    For instance, some people have no idea the value of the Mona Lisa and the impact that it had on art in general- They just see a bland portrait. However, that doesn't change the importance it had in history and a little knowledge about that goes much farther into understanding the intrinsic value from a more objective view. (there's a youtube video that goes indepth about the Mona lisa, its pretty interesting...)

    Now... I've got to focus back on my studies...

    See, this I can get behind. Impact on society is a good way to judge art. But that doesn't really say anything about the medium. It just says that art is what comes of it. Digital art hasn't had as much time to move society as traditional has, but pieces will come out that will change the world.

    I wonder how much crap Leonardo da Vinci pumped out before he could make something like the Mona Lisa.

    MKR on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    hard rather then easy

    Loomdun... every day I read your posts and I wonder how it is that you can't tell the difference between "than" and "then".

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdum has transcended the need for correct usage.

    MKR on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I'll agree- my only problem is that, people can make value subjective (i.e. the Mona Lisa situation) and I really feel as though Digital art manages to create the feeling of meaninglessness in the people. Regardless of the objective value, people still have to acknowledge the value in order for it to have an actual impact.

    I suppose I've kinda changed my argument a bit... but i think I'm good with what I've got in this post ;D

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Probably because I cant tell the difference between that, I've forgotten what nouns mean or what letters are a noun what a adjective is (I had to think for about 2 minutes for that word) and probably most english has slipped by my understanding. and I now have to take a english class in a month and a half, seriously. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I gave up after trying to memorize it a 10th time. It slips out of my head like a fat kid slipping off a water slide.

    Edit I will become a pokemon some day, "loom, dun loom, loom loom, dun dun."

    Edit: or some day I'll somehow log on a few years now and you'll be having your average conversation in the chat thread then out of no where loom posts "IJW3EITJWATOIJRWIAOJEIORJMEIWAOJMYOJREOYIJRAEYEPOJIASTPAJWKTJWAT"

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    All you have to know is that weird is a pronoun for Loomdum.

    MKR on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    oh god Loomdun I skip over every single one of your posts because they're so difficult to parse and I actually fear losing some of my intellect if I try. Why must everything be one long pointless run-on sentence? Why?!

    desperaterobots on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun, do you read books often? That's the easiest way to pick up proper phrasing.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    lrn2parse nub

    MKR on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I use to read books all the time, most of the time now I just read your sentences in this forum hur hur im so special hur hur

    Edit I'm just going to try making all my posts one sentence long from now on I give up

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    I use to read books all the time, most of the time now I just read your sentences in this forum hur hur im so special hur hur

    Did... did I just get burned?

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Probably because I cant tell the difference between that, I've forgotten what nouns mean or what letters are a noun what a adjective is (I had to think for about 2 minutes for that word) and probably most english has slipped by my understanding. and I now have to take a english class in a month and a half, seriously. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I gave up after trying to memorize it a 10th time. It slips out of my head like a fat kid slipping off a water slide.

    Edit I will become a pokemon some day, "loom, dun loom, loom loom, dun dun."

    Well, you asked in a previous post why students didn't pay attention to their drawing class when they have a teacher that is very good at drawing. Well, now I'll ask you... why don't you pay attention to your English class? You're pretty quick at calling people out on not knowing fundamentals... but damn dude! You're lacking fundamentals of your own!

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    "Parse error at line 1: what is this gibberish"

    MKR on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Probably because I cant tell the difference between that, I've forgotten what nouns mean or what letters are a noun what a adjective is (I had to think for about 2 minutes for that word) and probably most english has slipped by my understanding. and I now have to take a english class in a month and a half, seriously. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I gave up after trying to memorize it a 10th time. It slips out of my head like a fat kid slipping off a water slide.

    Edit I will become a pokemon some day, "loom, dun loom, loom loom, dun dun."

    Well, you asked in a previous post why students didn't pay attention to their drawing class when they have a teacher that is very good at drawing. Well, now I'll ask you... why don't you pay attention to your English class? You're pretty quick at calling people out on not knowing fundamentals... but damn dude! You're lacking fundamentals of your own!

    I do pay attention I have like 2 absences from school in my entire life and I did all my homework. I would even voulunteer to read for class. :<

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Probably because I cant tell the difference between that, I've forgotten what nouns mean or what letters are a noun what a adjective is (I had to think for about 2 minutes for that word) and probably most english has slipped by my understanding. and I now have to take a english class in a month and a half, seriously. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I gave up after trying to memorize it a 10th time. It slips out of my head like a fat kid slipping off a water slide.

    Edit I will become a pokemon some day, "loom, dun loom, loom loom, dun dun."

    Edit: or some day I'll somehow log on a few years now and you'll be having your average conversation in the chat thread then out of no where loom posts "IJW3EITJWATOIJRWIAOJEIORJMEIWAOJMYOJREOYIJRAEYEPOJIASTPAJWKTJWAT"

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=8933

    MKR on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I will poop all over that thread now.

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just don't wake Brink from his slumber. He's not accustomed to shenanigans in TWB.

    MKR on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    loomdun wrote:
    The writing thread For me to poop ON!

    /Triumph the insult comic dog.

    Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

    Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Loomdun, what I said before was not meant to be confrontational or belittling (though after reading it a second time it sounds that way!). But I mean it when I say that you should really focus on your grammar, it will open up doors for you. I'd suggest taking a journalism course, you will learn how to write well and under pressure.

    MagicToaster on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh god. I would burst into fire

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A full stop and that would have been a glorious breakthrough Loom.

    desperaterobots on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    i got permission from my boss to include the ads i've done for her in my portfolio! hurrah!

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had to edit in the period for the oh god part. /wrist

    and grats orikaeshigatiejaijfkal, for that is good.

    Edit: on the related subject of me being a retard I pulled out a journal I was writing in 6 years ago
    IMG_0228.jpg

    I then wrote next to it on a seperate sheet of paper to show how much I have "improved" in hand writing. In fact, the only real difference 6 years ago and now is I was much more halarious back then.

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hello Orikaejim.

    MKR on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What does your name mean, Orik?

    Tam on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    it's the part in japanese swordmaking where the steel is folded to make the end result incredibly strong

    i have never been huge into japanese stuff, i got it from:

    http://www.cloudmakers.org/trail/#3.94

    i just like sencha's death scene. i've always found it oddly moving.

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    More people should wear flamboyant hats. Life would be so much better if people wore flamboyant hats.

    D-Robe on
    Cheese.
This discussion has been closed.