As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guitar Hero 4 + Rock Band PS3

AftyAfty Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I am currently the happy owner of Rock Band on the PS3, I got it via Ebay from the USA (Thanks Microsoft) and now that Rock Band 2 is staged release for the PS3 (again thanks Microsoft) I have decided to get GH4.

I don't particularly want to drop £159 to get the band set for GH4. I won't be able to sell Rock Band for much and i don't want an extra set of instruments laying around.

So my plan is just to buy Gh4 the guitar pack and hopefully use my old Rock Band instruments with it.

This Site says that the instruments should be compatible, however I'm concerned about the drums, the GH4 ones have an extra input. Is this likely to cause issues?

Has anyone already used Rock Band instruments with GH4? (or the GH4 guitar with Rock Band?)

Cheers

Afty on

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    from what I understand, GH4 will just ignore the extra input on the drums if you hook up rockband drums.

also, why are you thanking microsoft both times if you're buying for PS3?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They secured early release for the Xbox if i'm remembering rightly - which is why i had to import it. Same thing happening this time around also.

This might be a UK only thing.

Afty on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yes GH4 converges 2 of the drum pads into the blue (I think) pad when the Rock Band drums are hooked up.

bloodyroarxx on