As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SMT Imagine] An actual new area: see Beezlebub for details.

• Options
    AralinAralin Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hrm, Im using talk and most of them just seem to say "Let's Play a Game!" and then attack heh. At which point I kill them. Tedious? Deffinately.

Well here's hoping it eventually works.

BTW, char name is Sionyl

Aralin on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You have to keep at it. And be careful not to attack by accident. Just use Talk once, wait for their response, then retry.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cool, finally got it to work. Thanks!

Also, do you know how to make the game full screen or is it not possible?

Aralin on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's an option in the startup screen that runs the updates.

If I'm around, I can help out if you need any dungeon crawling done, but fair warning, my char might seem a bit overpowered in comparison.

I haven't had much to do as of late, so I just drop by every now and then to try and get my Dis and Power to Linked By Fate status.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I appreciate the help. This is an interesting game so far. I won't say that the controls are that intuitive but I like the story driven content which is always fun. It's not the random killing of some other games heh.

Like I said, my char is Sionyl and if I'm not busy with RL or raiding days in WoW I will deffinately be on this and running around with demons.

Aralin on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Lots of new stuff on the horizon:
    GMJoLt wrote:
    Hey MegaTen Players !!
    - Content has arrived, and is being tested!!

- Content includes:
    Demon Rebirth
    New Demons
    Demon Quests
    Code names
    Demon Locking/Protecting
    Shared Demon Compendium
    Additional Plug-ins
    New Field Bosses
    New Dungeon
    Special Fusions
    Game Balances
    New Quests
    PVP – Player vs. Player

Demon Rebirth (originally named Reunion) version:
    Rebirth
    • At the Cathedral of Shadows, Demons can be “Reborn” back to Level 1 (resetting all skills).
    • The “Reborn” Demon can be one of several types (Tyr, Peorth, Eoh, etc.).
    • At level 30, the “Reborn” Demon will evolve into a higher rank. It will evolve again at level 40 and 50.
    • The “Is” type does not level up (Single-family demons: Surt, Uriel, etc.).

New Demons

12 new Demons are being added

+ Law (3): Rafael, Pallas Athena, Scathach
    + Neutral (4): Beiji Weing, Hanuman, Tao-chue, Narasimha
    + Chaos (5): Phantom, Ose, Okuninushi, Typhone, Qitan-dasheug (Seiten Taisei)

Demon Quests
    • Demon Allies in a player’s COMP (Demon List) will send daily requests for quests.
    • A player can perform up to 3 Demon Quests per day.
    • As a reward to Demon Quests, players can earn Experience, Macca, or a code-piece for a code name. Code names can be anywhere from 4-16 characters long.
    • Players only receive quests when the friendship level is at Open Hearts or greater.

Code Names
    • By assembling code parts (rewards from Demon Quests), players can create a cool code name for their character.

Demon Locking
    • To prevent accidental surrendering or fusion, Demon Allies can be locked/unlocked.

Shared Demonic Compendium

• All characters on an account can share the same Demonic Compendium

Additional Plug-ins
    • 11 new Plug-ins are added to allow even more Demon Fusing.

Field Boss Changes
    • Shinjuku Dock: Boss respawn time is shortened.
    • Nakano: “Burning Three Eyed” Nyarlathotep, “Crawling Chaos” Nyarlathotep, and “Menace of Balance” Phantom were added.
    • Shibuya: “Mad, the Seraph” Rafael was added.

New Dungeon
    • A new dungeon is added to Suginami Tunnels

Special Fusions
    • Players can do special Tarot and Soul Stone Fusions.

Game Balance
    • Critical hits are more common and override Defense and Magic Defense.
    • Speed attribute affects spell incantation and skill cool-down. Every 10 points, it’s decreased 1.5%
    • Intelligence attribute affects spell incantation time. Every 10 points, it’s decreased by 2.5%
    • Vitality attribute affects skill cool-down. Every 10 points, it’s decreased by 2.5%
    • “Magic Bullet” expertise also affects magic attacks. Formerly, it affected only long-range attacks.
    • “Sharpshooter” expertise only affects long-range attacks.
    • “Pulse of Assault” and “Pulse of Solid” expertise are affected by Intelligence attribute.
    • “Demolition Dash” expertise is affected by Close Range attack in addition to Magic attack. (not sure about this)

New Quests
    • 12 new quests were added

Miscellaneous
    • Maximum level increased from 90 to 93.
    • New items are available to reset attributes and expertises for characters under level 30.
    • Drill COMP increases long-range attack.
    • Demon Celeberation: When leveling up, Demon damage dealt increases by 50% for 10 minutes.
    • Pyro Jack is a new bazaar avatar.
    • In order to carry more money, there is a 50,000 macca note item.
    • New emoticons: Turn, Backflip, Monkey Dance, Cry, and Fired Up
    • Additional NPC shops are added to Home III
    • DB Okabe has a training tutorial for summoning
    • Player must accept confirmation before deleting an AP item.

Versus - PvP
    • There are two types of PvP:
    + “Fate”: 15 vs 15 territory control and
    + “Valhalla”: 5 vs 5 death match
    + Melee is strong VS Magicians; Magic is strong VS Gunners; Gunners are strong VS Melee
    + During battle, players can use consumable items (recovery items, enhancement, speed up)
    + New items are introduced: Escape (teleport?) items, Auto-healing, Anti-Durability reduction, Stealth, Double loot

• Fate
    + Introduced at level 30, but designed for beginner to intermediate players
    + Teams are split by alignment (Law & Chaos); Neutral players go to the smaller side
    + Players enter the match through a Terminal
    + Battles last 13 minutes
    + There are spontaneous events that happen during a match that can alter the outcome.
    + Players earn “Battle Points” as a reward which are tradable for special items.

• Valhalla
    + Players must be higher than level 30
    + Players enter the match through a Terminal
    + Teams are split indiscriminately
    + Players get 2 points for killing a Player Character and 1 point for killing a Demon Ally.
    + Game ends at 15 points for the team or 10 minutes.
    + Players earn “Grade Points” as a reward which increases the player’s rank.
    + Grade Points degrade slowly over time.
    + The highest rank (“Zeus”) can equip special items.

This content is subject to change!

Nyarlathotep battles in Nakano sounds wicked. I wonder what the new quests are like.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

M.D. on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If there's gonna be a BlackSun rebirth, I'm definitely in.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I would like to find out what's up with these new quests. If it's something appropriately epic, I'll definitely try to get some BlackSunners in the mix to go regulate before taking it on solo.

Me and Harmony are still here and there, so all we'd need are three regulars to come back.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I wouldn't give the new quests much credit, really. They'll probably be dissapointing.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is demon rebirth and demon locking.

Adellios on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    But I want to invade Protopia and kill those heretical Innocents.

(I have to act the part of the fascist Messian sooner or later.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    So the update is supposed to be tonight? If any vets are down, I'm hanging out in channel 1 at the moment, doing some Catacombs run.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    yea i'll come back, but I play war too

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    This is still my only MMO, so I guess it's easier for me to keep tabs.

If two more of us come on, we might be able to do a run. Get going, PB. :P

clan2.jpg

Mr. D and his pimp shades.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    School is going to get out for me by the end of next week so maybe I'll start playing this again. I can only play SH4, DS2, and Yakuza for so long before PS2 graphics make my eyes bleed blood and white goo.

Gilder on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gilder wrote: »
    School is going to get out for me by the end of next week so maybe I'll start playing this again. I can only play SH4, DS2, and Yakuza for so long before PS2 graphics make my eyes bleed blood and white goo.

Vitreous humor. It's called vitreous humor.

And I'll maybe be back on it in June as well.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Gilder wrote: »

Vitreous humor. It's called vitreous humor.

And I'll maybe be back on it in June as well.

I should've remembered that because I had to read The Kite Runner, and that book also calls it "white stuff" and then says it's vitreous humor.

Gilder on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey CJ, if I noob it up and install this week, am I any help? Or will I not be able to join you vets until I level a lot? Just wondering if there is any point/ability to group up in this, is there a mentoring type system or anything?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    For the early part of the game, leveling is pretty quick. Once you get to 15 or so, it starts getting extremely tedious, but fortunately, that's where us vets can help.

I'd say once you get started, drop us a line for a clan invite, and we can show you some ropes if you like. Don't expect us to be much help for battles until you're in the 15 range, since we'll be just a little overpowered, and it'll take the fun out of it.

(Unless you really want us to)

Also! PVP is now live. I haven't tried it out yet, but it is.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    [reads]

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :O

I'm still in the clan, right? I know I've been inactive for a while and such

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sorry, we gave your spot to a Jack Frost.

He asked very nicely.

yes

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    so, the 12 new quests: NPC quests, Story quests or a mix?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    NPC quests. The only ones I've found so far is the pvp quest and the Oberon quest from end of Shibuya Quartz.

I should start levelling again but Ichigaya Gold scares the hell out of me and I've done Sugi Gold like 500 times. Wouldn't mind doing catacombs for Eihwaz runes if they do indeed drop there.

Switched my Elf to support growth for better healage... I hope.

Adellios on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sorry for double post but I have found two more quests that might be a bit exciting.

Theres a quest for law and a quest for chaos that lets you get plugins and a inexp Raphael/Phantom (Raph knows Zandyne and Phantom Ziodyne.) You need surt/uriel from act 13 out to get the quest though. Also theres a field boss battle (bosses in their 90's I think.)

Adellios on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Where's this at, and what level is Raphael?

Finally, some incentive to get access to Uriel.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    For law I think you talk to someone in Shinigawa and he sends you to kill Storm Raphael in Shibuya then return and answer some LNC questions. The inexp Raph you get is 45 I believe.

Adellios on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Initial PVP Impressions:

it is awesome.

There's two varities:

5 VS 5, team combat(Valhalla)

and 'capture the territory' combat(Fate).

No XP loss. Just lots of killing. It was every bit as chaotic as I hoped.

Also, new music and arena.

20090530_1923_06.jpg

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    gonna try out the pvp

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I tried out Fate(capture). It's crazy. Valhalla(team combat) is more fun. Just kill the other guys.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Which class seems to do better in pvp at the moment? Or is it somewhat balanced?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Balanced? Ha ha ha ha. Ha.

Demons with status effect spells were raping everything.

But from what I saw, long distance will win the day. Hit them before hit you.

Personally, my Stun Counter was tearing some PCs up. While they couldn't move, me and Power went to town on their demons.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Gotta change my demon then, bah, maybe my status stuff will help me out though.

M.D. on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    After fiending a bunch on Persona 4, I finally remembered about this game and how I wanted to try it, so I set everything up. Haven't gotten a demon yet, but it seems cool enough so far, if only to tool around in while WoW is hitting its "nuthin' to do" slump again.

Just a few quick questions:

1: Is there any way to invert the mouse look? I'm getting used to the somewhat limited moving, but it would really help if I could invert the mouse. Having up as up... is very confusing, heh.

2: Any way to run the game in a widescreen resolution? Not a big deal since I can just run it windowed, but things are a tiny bit streched out in fullscreen.

3: Just how solo friendly is the game? I know what the MMO part stands for, of course, but I've also been slightly spoiled by WoW's solo friendly attitude. But mainly because I also remember the early days of FFXI. The game where after lv15, you couldn't even take a dump in the woods without being in a full group. Sitting in the city all day with a LFG flag up just to play the basic game got really stupid really fast. Just as long as you can do some basic leveling and collection by yourself, with the bigger dungeons and loot saved for group play. That would be ideal.

I might wait a bit before seeing about joining the PA group. Just so I can get a basic handle of the mechanics first. Mainly because I know how bloody annoying repeated "How do I do XXXX" gets. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    If you have a certain build, soloing is pretty manageable. Ideally if you have a demon with revival skills, and magic or physical to make up what you don't have. Or better yet, one for each(or maybe more than one).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm up to level 10 or so now, Byner is the name.

Yes, please have a way to invert the mouse... the controls are very clunky as is. :lol:

And you should join the PA just to chat, the more online the better. I've just been soloing but it's useful to have someone to answer some questions.

Oh, and I'm wondering if I should be sticking with melee, since it seems a lot of people already are? >_>

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    a lot of people are gunner really, I don't run into to many melee. I'm just a straight up destruction/curse mage so if you ever need those services feel free to ask

M.D. on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What's crafting like in this game? I remember being interested in it and the collecting minigame in beta, but I never found out much about how the crafting works.

Bremen on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bremen wrote: »
    What's crafting like in this game? I remember being interested in it and the collecting minigame in beta, but I never found out much about how the crafting works.
    A huge grind for materials which you can then transform into items you probably didn't need in the first place. Or at least that's the impression I walked away with.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    High level crafting is the only way to get max-slotted weapons I think. Also probably relic upgrading (Which is sexy when it turns a 30 attack weapon into a 60 attack weapon.)

Soul/Tarot fusion is very important to most of the playerbase. It can give you status resistance, really good power upgrades, bonus skills, etc. I havent got much of my stuff done because its expensive (for soul, you need open heart/linked demons crystallized and then inserted into armor) and I usually wear cheap armor that I replace frequently anyways.

EDIT: Its probably boring and grindy, but its worth it in some areas I suppose...

Adellios on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just installed and made a character, and it looks like Home III is getting invaded. Do these kinds of events happen often?

Bremen on