As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SMT Imagine] An actual new area: see Beezlebub for details.

• Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gilder wrote: »
    mastrius wrote: »
    So an important tip for everyone who still doesn't know: In the menu at the bottom, click PC and look at the menu for skills. Click the second page page for where you see the buttons to do actions like sit. Look at the second row with all the purple actions. See the second from the right? That's the option to be nice to your demon and you can only use it once every 20 hours. This is a very nice option because it ups the trust between you and your demon and you can only do triangle fusions with demons that really like you. Also, I think it lowers the Magnetite cost to summon it. This is one of the faster ways to go from "Used like a slave by *Name*" to "Contracted with" or "Really trusts".

You sneaky bastard trying to get everyone to love their demons for your OWN SELFISH TRIANGLE FUSION NEEDS!

I... I have no idea what you're talking about....

Seriously though, you really want to lower those magnetite costs. The angel I have that hates me right now? It costs 245 to summon her. Garm on the otherhand costs about 15. That's a huge jump.

Im just screwin around. That IS very helpful, and wow what a difference. Those damned masochistic Angels.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are guilds in? If not we really need an IRC channel to coordinate in.

Bremen on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There don't seem to be many guilds. I guess we could form one if desired.

I'm finishing off some NPC quests before I go do the Act 2 one.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Whoa. After the boss battle, I leveled to 16 from 12-13.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zandracon wrote: »
    End of act 3? Yeah, that 50,000 bonus is NICE. I went from 12 to 14.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Zandracon wrote: »
    End of act 3? Yeah, that 50,000 bonus is NICE. I went from 12 to 14.

I got my Fallen Angel too. But its summon cost is 334. D:

Does changing your Alignment help with that? Anyone know how to do that?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Am I doing it wrong by not using Cerberus at all?

I was laughing when I fought the boss in Ep1 Act 2. Every step he took Hua Po's and my own Agi casts knocked him back five.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Has anyone figured out where to get IC chips for fixing the Newbie Devil Buster(at Home 3)'s COMP?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    DualEdge wrote: »
    Am I doing it wrong by not using Cerberus at all?

I was laughing when I fought the boss in Ep1 Act 2. Every step he took Hua Po's and my own Agi casts knocked him back five.
    Nah. I used it for a couple levels, until I hit 10 when I switched to my Garm.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out where to get IC chips for fixing the Newbie Devil Buster(at Home 3)'s COMP?

I found a broken one just now, dropped from an Inugami.

Am I a bad person for recruiting a low level demon to see what would happen to it if you sent it into the tunnel?

Haha, awesome. It gained 30k exp.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My name was forced to be shrunk into AzureHorizon, no big change really. Hopping on now.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay I do not understand how I'm supposed to befriend any of these demons. All of them just give me shit, or fight me. -_-

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Erg, i think the world stone or whatever mining quest is broken. Listed 80% for all 3 of my demons, and ate all 3.

I no longer have any demons. =/

My poor sword carrying ninja bird!

Also for the Chaos Shinigami, just follow the road past all the demon dragon things you were fighting for that quest, he is much farther down the road.

Morkath on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Im still getting "incorrect username or password" error....grrr.... This game worked earlier, and yesterday, now i cant login, this is stupid.

EDIT: Fixed my login issue....cept now i log in and the game is so horridly laggy i cant even play it, everyone's teleporting all over the screen, and as soon as i move my guy teleports back to where i was standing, so i cant even move or anything, and my demon just runs in one spot, not moving...woo this is fun.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    So hey, about forming a clan...

We need 20,000 macca for that. D: Serious competition out there too, but I think we can beat them.

Donate to the Demi-Fiend Slayers at your leisure. The fund's currently at ~5,500. Checks welcome.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

We need 20,000 macca for that. D: Serious competition out there too, but I think we can beat them.

Donate to the Demi-Fiend Slayers at your leisure. The fund's currently at ~5,500. Checks welcome.

Love to donate if i could play without lagging so horridly that i cant move. Am i the only one having this issue? No other game does this.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Love to donate if i could play without lagging so horridly that i cant move. Am i the only one having this issue? No other game does this.

Can't say I am, no. The game has been entirely lag free for me.

Who or what is that?

Bremen on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey cj, guess what I got from the boss box right after you left.

It's a Clan Permit.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    im in a clan right now...none of them lag either, why the hell am i lagging so bad? The game is nigh on unplayable for me, i dont get this, its fine for everything else i play, even on 360, no lag. Just SMT lags...what the hell.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Don't worry, I get lag too. I actually had one spot of lag so bad I thought my internet died and I went to check it, came back, looked at the screen, and then everything jumped and I was dead. I also get it a lot when fighting and healing. I'll just keep hammering heal because I'm not healing and then I've used 4 in one go.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Man, I just DO NOT have the patience for Demon Contacting in this game. So damn random, and it uses up my already low MP which I need for my actual MAGIC what with being a mage build and all. And then I'll be talking to something and some random mob will come up and start wailing on me. Ugh.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Connect with all the plasma you can find, doing the quest about plasma is great for it. Sell the items in the plasma for sometimes mad loot and buy up stacks of Chakra Gum. I rarely run around with less than 3 stacks of gum.

DualEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have three stacks of gum and one and a half of candy. THat doesn't change the fact that talking is annoying.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gumpy as Gumpy

:3

Gumpy on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I pur some time in, despite having my spirits lowered by cj not giving me any free things despite my repeatedly asking him for free things at least four times.

Pretty fun. Movement is a little clunky and movement speed could stand to be upped about fifty percent. Other than that, no huge complaints.

Going full gunner, speed/luck. Luck does seem to make a decent impact on drops, but still probably not worth the points. Between me and my trusty Hua Po, things have been dying pretty quickly. Cleared out the random dungeon with her killing pretty much everything weak to fire in one hit, and massive gun weaknesses taking care of the rest. I managed to kill the boss at the end, but only once I'd died. Things usually don't manage to attack me, but when they do, I get wrecked. The boss killed me in two combos. Then Hua Po killed him with her next Agi... : (

It's kind've sad how this random dungeon is roughly fifty times better than Persona 3's in every respect. Also, good experience and drops, but the chests on the first floor were a huge disappointment.

Everything fell apart at Inugamis, though. Stupid crappy Erthys...

---

For those chips, I've found a few off of Turbulent enemies. The gigantic ones. They dropped a pair of beginner boots, too, once!

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Everything fell apart at Inugamis, though. Stupid crappy Erthys...
    Me and Erthys were an Inugami slaying team. One zio from each of us would drop them, without their ever getting a chance to even THINK about attacking.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    They're immune to guns... : (

And I only have the initial Agi spell, which I think they're strong to.

As it stands, two zios from stupid guy kills one, but I don't even have a reliable method to draw attacks off of him and counter while he gets the second off.

It probably would have been a perfect time to test whether taunt is useless or not.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, I just DO NOT have the patience for Demon Contacting in this game. So damn random, and it uses up my already low MP which I need for my actual MAGIC what with being a mage build and all. And then I'll be talking to something and some random mob will come up and start wailing on me. Ugh.

Last night, there were a bunch of griefers one-shotting all the leader pixies near home3 as quickly as they spawned. Made that quest a little irritating.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh man.... I can't believe this is coming out in the US! I was thinking of trying out the Japanese client and giving it a shot. Is there a release date?

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh man.... I can't believe this is coming out in the US! I was thinking of trying out the Japanese client and giving it a shot. Is there a release date?
    ...couple days ago?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    ...couple days ago?

Fuu... You shoulda lied to me :(

(Full retail release a couple days ago?)

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ...couple days ago?

Fuu... You shoulda lied to me :(

(Full retail release a couple days ago?)
    ...Free to play?

Just need a beta invite or a beta key: http://kotaku.com/5100847/shin-megami-tensei-online-beta-invites-are-go

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    You're making this too hard to resist Blackjack. Stop it! :P

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I heard the first person to register as urahonkey gets a free puppy, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited December 2008
    I do need a new puppy..

urahonky on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Huh, I downloaded the client, logged into my Aeria games account and logged into the game. No beta sign up, no forum account, or anything. Pretty neat so far.

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

It's a Clan Permit.

If you form the clan on your own in advance, that works too.

All the good names were your idea. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

It's a Clan Permit.

If you form the clan on your own in advance, that works too.

All the good names were your idea. :P

Yeah you also missed out on 50,000 experience from killing that boss, it was insane and awesome.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm too lazy to manage the clan on my own though. I figured I'd just hand you the permit and you could do it. Still, pretty funny I found it in a box. It's my best treasure so far when you consider how much it costs to buy one. I still would've preferred a weapon though.

Gilder on
  • Options
    SheltemSheltem Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    I'm in :)

Character name is Annesa (yes, I'm crossdressing. Why stare at a guys ass)

Sheltem on